• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][AOSP][UNOFFICIAL][RESURRECTION REMIX v5.7.2] TRLTESPR MM 6.0.1 [8/1/16]

Search This thread

soundsofmath

Aug 21, 2012
Is pg1 messing this up? I'm on it and everything works well except when I try to uninstall an app . IT Reboots! Lol. So I'm kind of curious why base bands if that is the prob messes up these ROMs? Is it a compatibility issue or the devs make the ROM from a previous baseband and the codes are different?

Its the baseband I had the same problem I posted the fix that work for me about 2 pages back hit me up after 4 if you need help

supak111

Dec 21, 2007
I'm still having random issue with system_server process UID:1000, it keeps getting one of my CPUs stuck running high and destroying my battery life. Only killing the process will fix it. Killing it restarts the phone, only restating the phone does not help. Been trying to figure out what could be causing the system_server to go crazy but haven't had luck. What can I do to give you more info on this? Is there any way to monitor what system_server is actually doing when it goes into overdrive? Maybe an app or system long? I'm kind of a noob so do explain please, thanks

I'm still having random issue with system_server process UID:1000, it keeps getting one of my CPUs stuck running high and destroying my battery life. Only killing the process will fix it. Killing it restarts the phone, only restating the phone does not help. Been trying to figure out what could be causing the system_server to go crazy but haven't had luck. What can I do to give you more info on this? Is there any way to monitor what system_server is actually doing when it goes into overdrive? Maybe an app or system long? I'm kind of a noob so do explain please, thanks

Unfortunately that is a generic system process and is not one singular thing causing this issue, this is the name for multiple processes running under the Android system. You need to find out what wakelocks are causing this and locking up the CPU. Install betterbatterystats and then install into the /system then check your partial wakelocks that will give you a better understanding of what's going on underneath.

Last edited:

raxxid

Aug 12, 2011
Overall this Rom has been working great except for the GPS. Anyone know of a fix? It acts like it's got a fix in GPStest but it doesn't show any satellites or actually say it has an actual fix.

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
Normally you boot the stock TouchWiz, get a lock then go back to the custom ROM and you'll have GPS.

You can do this by simply restoring your tw backup, get lock, then restore your RR backup

nimaim

Aug 28, 2010
Normally you boot the stock TouchWiz, get a lock then go back to the custom ROM and you'll have GPS.

You can do this by simply restoring your tw backup, get lock, then restore your RR backup
Nice to see you're still around this forum jdelano. I'm still running the last RR build you did and it's still working great. :good:

Reactions: jdelano

miguelfp1

Sep 17, 2007
Apple iPhone 12

Nice to see you're still around this forum jdelano. I'm still running the last RR build you did and it's still working great. :good:

same here! only AOSP build I've found with perfect GPS and Bluetooth, and the Sound/Vibrate/Silent quick settings toggle

nimaim

Aug 28, 2010
Ya secretly praying he does another build for us someday but I'm more than happy with what we got! Just minor bugs but I use Bluetooth and GPS on it everyday with no issues. What phone did u move on to @jdelano?

nimaim

Aug 28, 2010
I can try to build v5.7.4 I don't know in what state the device tree is in but if you're willing to give it a go I'll try to build tomorrow morning.
That would be awesome man, but only if you have some spare time to build, in no way was I expecting you to keep supporting this. Testing is the least I can do, that's no problem at all. Will just nandroid my current setup and test.

It's only that this is the best AOSP ROM I've used for this phone and the only reason I still have not upgraded. I hope others flash it and see that.

Thanks a lot again for your work on this.

smokedamd

Jul 21, 2015

I've done that in the past but on this rom that isn't working. When I know I need the GPS to work I flash to SPR-N910PVPS4COK1 ROM. I use it all day going around the metro and when I return I flash back to this rom. You'd think that would be enough but no. I get everything in GPStest except for the lock and the satellite appearing. Do I need to be running a different baseband than OK1?

I'm Raxxid. Not sure why I get this account name when logged onto my PC and Raxxid when logged in Dolphin on my phone.

nimaim

Aug 28, 2010
I'm running OK1 and this ROM has always worked flawlessly for me. Heres the ROM I'm running. As jdelano said, make.sure u get a good lock on OK1 on a TW ROM, then go to TWRP, wipe and flash this. It does work. I use Google maps and the GPS everyday.
601a6d61e8151926a6c88d6f67ba42d6.jpg

Reactions: smokedamd

smokedamd

Jul 21, 2015
I'll give 5.7.1 a try. I'm a relative newcomer to this rom. 5.7.2 is the rom I am currently running. It will be a few days. I'll report back when I do. Thanks!!

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
5.7.4 - 10/9/16

Hey guys

Here is a link to what I just built, I added the WiFi fix that was required a few months back. I've been out of the loop so I am not sure if it is still needed at this point.

Here is the download folder

I've never owned this device so please backup and give this a good testing to see if it works alright.
I've used the device trees (nivron and flat-tire) that I started with oh those many moons ago.

I hope it works alright.

The Changelog :-

Android 6.0.1_r61->r66
SysUI: Don't set panel bar to null and avoid NPEs
connectivity-service: fix/improve unique hostname
Ensure DHCP requests have nonempty hostnames
Bluetooth: Fix broadcast receiver leak issue
QsPanel: RR logo Styles
Framework: Fix for file delete on settings not reflecting in MTP host
Framework: Do not turn off voice interaction when close system dialog…
SystemUI: Don't pad when config_showScreenOnLockScreenHints is false
Themes: Give power dialogs own set of volume icons for themes
Prevent invocation of startNavigating() when GPS is off
Fix lockscreen charging current switch to show max current
SysUI:Fix oversized kill task icon
services: core: use proper tags when logging
QsTiles: Configurable Themes tile components to apply
Show/hide zen icon in statusbar
Revert "Fix slow anim when using a gesture to open status bar pulldown"
Applied workaround for MultiSelectListPreference bug
Ensure packages on adopted media do not move when updated
Apps on adopted storage should stay there during update
CellularTile: If Switch is Enabled, Make Longpress Enter Data Settings
Data tile behavior: make it customizable by the user
Settings: Fix possible NPE
Settings: Notification light: Fix for app customization
DevelopmentSettings: Add an opt-out for recovery updater
Don't crash while entering in DevelopmentSettings
Fix AIOOBE with root access disabled
libcameraservice: Don't pass NULL args on setCallbacks call
Translation Updates
All updates from CM

smokedamd

Jul 21, 2015
After flashing to the SPR-N910PVPS4COK1 rom and using GPS all day I wiped everything three times and installed 5.7.1. Then wiped dalvik and cache partition three times. Then did a factory reset three times. Wa-La it works! Thanks to nimaim for suggesting 5.7.1. I started using this rom at 5.7.2 and have done clean installs before but I never thought to go to that one. Now it works. Thanks! Once I get this tidied up I'll use this as my baseline and onto 5.7.4. A guy can't help himself can he.

smokedamd

Jul 21, 2015
I should have been satisfied but I created a backup and tried doing a dirty flash to 5.7.4 and the GPS stopped working. I restored the backup and the GPS didn't work which is weird. I then decided to do the above again and it worked with GPStest being the first application I installed after reinstalling the rom. I then used Titanium Backup to restore my applications and did some setting changes. I tried it one more time to test the GPS was working and now its not getting a lock again. Will have to play around with it again perhaps at the end of the week.

newworld

Dec 21, 2010
First and foremost, thanks for keeping this alive.

I'm currently on the latest firmware PH4. After flashing the latest, gps and wifi works. SMS sending and receiving works. However, trying to setup a pin code in "device security" settings and "Lock screen message" caused "Settings" app to crash. Also, accessing "Theme Chooser" app works but when trying to change the "control" portion of the theme, the theme app crashed. Also, trying to uninstall system app "Kernel Auditor" causes the ROM to reboot. That goes with trying to uninstall any app (the system reboots). Otherwise, great work on the ROM.

Last edited:

Sabreslight

Jan 4, 2012
Dallas, TX
I was in the same boat, but you have to go back to OK1 for now, for the rom to work...unless i've missed something, if you have the ok1 FW you can just flash that via ODIN.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Thanks jdelano for keeping this alive! I was worried dev had stopped, glad to see I was wrong. :)

nimaim

Aug 28, 2010
Since this is still using the device trees from nivron, yes I believe you have to be running LP firmware like OG5 or OK1 or you may run into issues. I'm surprised it even boots with PH4.

My thanks also, I will test after I get home from work. He is not really supporting the device anymore, it was more of a courtesy build on his behalf ... he was kind enough to build the latest RR for us. As he does not have this device, it's up to us to test it out. @jdelano, I wouldn't mind learning how to build this myself and give back, can you PM me some directions/links? Unless there's a really good deal on the 6P this BF, I'll be sticking with my Note 4 :)

Since this is still using the device trees from nivron, yes I believe you have to be running LP firmware like OG5 or OK1 or you may run into issues. I'm surprised it even boots with PH4.

My thanks also, I will test after I get home from work. He is not really supporting the device anymore, it was more of a courtesy build on his behalf ... he was kind enough to build the latest RR for us. As he does not have this device, it's up to us to test it out. @jdelano, I wouldn't mind learning how to build this myself and give back, can you PM me some directions/links? Unless there's a really good deal on the 6P this BF, I'll be sticking with my Note 4 :)

I was not able to get past the boot dalvick cache optimization, it looped infinitely

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FJBGqQCGIjKvV1CNqkIvwA45Rnfg%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FYAaS9tQ.png

About Resurrection Remix ROM
    "Resurrection Remix" is based on CM, Slim, Omni and original Remix ROM builds. This creates an awesome combination of performance, customization and new features, brought directly to your device.

Visit the home page for more details.
    Main features:

Navigation Bar:
    -Enable/Disable Navbar
    -Navbar Rings (Fully customizable)
    -Navbar Button Customization
    -Navigation Bar left/Right handed mode Switch
    -Navbar Dimensions(Potrait & Landscape)
    -SlimDim

Statusbar:
    -Brightness Slider
    -Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
    -SuperUser Indicator Switch
    -Task manager in statusbar
    -Customizable carrier label
    -Quick & Smart PullDown
    -Headset icon
    -Temperature icon
    -Clock & date customizations: color, font, style, position, date and/or seconds display, etc.
    -Battery Bar customization
    -Battery Icon Customization(text only/circle/dotted circle/landscape/potrait)
    -Battery % Text
    -Network Traffic Indicator

Theme chooser & animations:
    -RR exclusive, inbuilt "PITCH BLACK" theme
    -Animations
    -Toast Animations
    -ListView Animations
    -System Animations
    -Overscrolling effects
    -Show app icon in toasts

Gestures:
    -"Gesture Anywhere" feature
    -Pie control
    -Three finger swipe to screenshot

-App Circle Bar
    -Choose apps in App circle
    -Trigger Width
    -Trigger Height
    -Trigger Position

-App side bar
    -Side bar position, trigger Width/Height, transparency, etc.

Recents:
    -"Clear all tasks" button
    -"Clear all tasks" button location(Top right,Top Left,Top Center,Bottom Left,Bottom Right,Bottom Center)
    -Shake to clear recents
    -"Disable Google search bar in recents" switch
    -Slim recents
    -Omni Switch

Cclock Widget:
    -Clock and alarm customization
    -Weather panel customization
    -Calendar events

Lock screen:
    -Lock screen shortcuts
    -Choose up to 5 shortcuts
    -100+ icons for shortcuts
    -Customizable color for shortcuts, lock icon, text, etc.
    -Double tap anywhere on lock screen to sleep
    -Long press lock icon to sleep
    -Music visualizer
    -Quick Slider Shortcuts
    -Disable media art on lockscreen
    -See-through and blur
    -Live lock screen support

Notification Drawer:
    -Weather Display Switch
    -Quick Settings
    -Choice to Add 20+ Tiles
    -Enable 2/3/4/5 Tiles per Row
    -Enable/Disable brightness slider in notification panel
    -Advanced location settings switch(Choose Battery saving/Device Only/High Accuracy Directly in notification panel)
    -Slim Actions tile
    -Force expanded notifications
    -Custom header image. Choose from regular, polygonal and modern!
    -Color & background customization
    -Long press toggles to enter settings

Power Menu:
    -"Power button ends call" switch
    -"Advanced reboot" in button settings.

Volume Buttons:
    -Wake Up Device
    -Playback Control
    -Keyboard Cursor Control
    -Swap Buttons on Landscape mode

-On-The-Go mode
    -Heads-Up snooze button.
    -Floating windows
    -Performance profiles
    -LCD Density
    -Scrolling cache options.
    -Expanded Desktop mode
    -All New CM Audio FX App
    -Heads Up customizations
    -Quick Unlock
    -Overall smoothness improvements
    -Optimizations to improve Battery
    -AND MUCH MUCH MORE

Installation instructions:

- Download the latest build
    - Download Gapps
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Full wipe and factory reset
    - Flash ROM using latest in TWRP recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy!

Update instructions:

- Download the latest build
    - Download Gapps
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Flash ROM using recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Wipe cache
    - Wipe dalvik cache
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy!

Downloads:
    5.7.2 8.1.16 build:GAPPS:
    Open GAPPS or Here on XDA (I'm using these now, they take a little while to install so don't worry)
    Delta GAPPS
    *TK/PA GAPPS is not being updated as of October 04 2015.​
    Useful links:
    How to Build Resurrection Remix ROM Tutorial
    Resurrection Remix at Github
    Resurrection Remix Forum
    PitchBlack™ Themes

XDA developers
    ResurrectionRemix team
    CyanogenMod team
    Omni team
    Slim Rom team

for creating the device tree for CM13
    @nivron
    @fattire
    FAQ

This will serve as a FAQ for tips, tricks and fixes.

Update Frequency
    I'll update this if they figure out the WiFi issue with the 5.7.1 build. Baring that this wont be updated again.

Can you flash this over Stock Marshmallow firmware
    Wi-Fi will not work. you must revert back to COG5 to using RR

Netflix not streaming
    Try to rename liboemcrypto.so to liboemcrypto.old in in this folder system/vendor/lib/ and reboot
    Thanks to @GROOVYJOSHCLARK for that tip.

Fingerprint
    As of the 3/5 build, this feature works.

Ext. SD Card.
    I advise against selecting convert to internal storage. Until there is a permanent switch to marshmallow. Some info:
    http://androiding.how/use-sd-card-as-internal-storage-marshmallow/

GPS
    as with any CM based ROM, make sure to get a GPS lock just before flashing the rom.

Root?
    you must enable root access by going to settings, developer options and then selecting root access.

Contacts Storage
    You'll just have to restart the phone as it tries to deal with contacts the first time. I've read it is due to using to large of a gapps package, but I tried pico and it still happened. Just hold the power button down until the phone restarts and that will get you past it for now until they tweak that.

Camera issue?
    I've read on CM13 threads that some users encounter problems with the camera, if you do the work around is to download a 3rd party camera. There are a number of them in the play store.

Bluetooth fix- see attached zip. Thanks to @ZION959 ***REMOVED due to FCs after flashing on newer builds**
    Update 2/12/16

You can download it here
    Don't forget to check the FAQ

I'm going to try my hand at incorporating Zion959's bt files. i am just a script runner meaning I just repo sync, build and upload for you all; and not a rom dev. So I'm not sure how it will go. :silly:
    Update 4/29/16

You can download it here
    Don't forget to check the FAQ

The change log

As you know, each mid-version build may suffer a wart or two. 5.6.7 was released 4/9/2016.
    If you want to you can visit https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix, click on each section and then click commits to view what was worked on.

I am just going to clean build from now on, it only takes an hour on my machine :)
    I'll start a build now, maybe they've tweaked something that will help with bt. Should be done is an hour or so

EDIT: ha, as soon as restarted in Ubuntu I received an email that required me to get back into windows - frigg'n Murphy and his stupid law.
    I think I'll be able to run the build today, if not for sure tomorrow morning. Sorry.