[ROM] [AOSP_5.0.2_r1] [LRX22G] [22/12/14]

Search This thread

kidkoala_uk

May 29, 2007
Greenock
Thanks for update, looking great with latest fixes, will try it out for sure. Does it include latest r755 Code_Blue kernel?

EDIT: btw since this ROM uses Code_Blue, anyone here tried converting data/cache to F2FS, and if so how does it perform?

EDIT2: Works great with data/cache on F2FS. Great lookin ROM! Cheers! :good:

drac0 what are you using to convert to f2fs. I'm using TWRP and getting prompted for encryption password on startup. BTW a commit I added broke auto rotate will be fixed on next release.

drac0

Dec 31, 2010
drac0 what are you using to convert to f2fs. I'm using TWRP and getting prompted for encryption password on startup. BTW a commit I added broke auto rotate will be fixed on next release.

Yes I'm also using latest TWRP to format my partitions to F2FS, but to able to use them and avoid bootloops, you need to edit ramdisk of the kernel you want to use or just use F2FS compatible kernel like Code_Blue, cos its the kernel that mounts the F2FS partitions after you format them inside TWRP. I'm only converting my /data and /cache partitions to F2FS cos I understand there is no true benefit using your /system partition as well cos its RO, and F2FS blows EXT4 in RW partitions, so there you can actually see the benefits in performance.

So yeah if you want to know whole process and how to do it, just ask again I will post everything in steps, or you can visit this thread and read last 3 pages for details. Cheers for @dechronic

I like your build, no unnecessary modding or bunch of tweaks but good old AOSP, so keep up the good work! :good:
HINT: 5.0.2_r1 is out maybe you hit that repo init -b android-5.0.2_r1 && repo sync :p

kidkoala_uk

May 29, 2007
Greenock
Yes I'm also using latest TWRP to format my partitions to F2FS, but to able to use them and avoid bootloops, you need to edit ramdisk of the kernel you want to use or just use F2FS compatible kernel like Code_Blue, cos its the kernel that mounts the F2FS partitions after you format them inside TWRP. I'm only converting my /data and /cache partitions to F2FS cos I understand there is no true benefit using your /system partition as well cos its RO, and F2FS blows EXT4 in RW partitions, so there you can actually see the benefits in performance.

So yeah if you want to know whole process and how to do it, just ask again I will post everything in steps, or you can visit this thread and read last 3 pages for details. Cheers for @dechronic

I like your build, no unnecessary modding or bunch of tweaks but good old AOSP, so keep up the good work! :good:
HINT: 5.0.2_r1 is out maybe you hit that repo init -b android-5.0.2_r1 && repo sync :p

Cheers bud I'll only add any features/tweaks that I feel add something without deviating from AOSP too much. Loved Code_Blue's kernel with fauxsound support so decided to go with inline kernel and make it part of base build.

I'm going to try another version of TWRP as I think the version I'm am using is giving me he issue with f2fs.

Cheers for the heads up already working on it hopefully have something else up soon.

Reactions: drac0

drac0

Dec 31, 2010
Cheers bud I'll only add any features/tweaks that I feel add something without deviating from AOSP too much. Loved Code_Blue's kernel with fauxsound support so decided to go with inline kernel and make it part of base build.

I'm going to try another version of TWRP as I think the version I'm am using is giving me he issue with f2fs.

Cheers for the heads up already working on it hopefully have something else up soon.

Yes Code_Blue is a very good kernel, will test it more after I'm finished with franco.Kernel on F2FS, but definitely the best two for our N5.

Try only booting TWRP 2.8.1.0, then disable MTP under Mount, then reboot bootloader and flash 2.8.2.0 it works like a charm after that. DO NOT enable MTP later, use it inside ROM if you need to. Then you can follow F2FS thread to set it all up, its pretty easy once you get over the steps.

Looking forward for your next build, will test it for sure! Now that @Chochiwpg fled to OnePlus we don't have too many AOSP ROMs around here. Cheers bud! :good:

Chochiwpg

Feb 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Yes Code_Blue is a very good kernel, will test it more after I'm finished with franco.Kernel on F2FS, but definitely the best two for our N5.

Try only booting TWRP 2.8.1.0, then disable MTP under Mount, then reboot bootloader and flash 2.8.2.0 it works like a charm after that. DO NOT enable MTP later, use it inside ROM if you need to. Then you can follow F2FS thread to set it all up, its pretty easy once you get over the steps.

Looking forward for your next build, will test it for sure! Now that @Chochiwpg fled to OnePlus we don't have too many AOSP ROMs around here. Cheers bud! :good:

Fled LOL nah mate I just needed something that can last in the battery department. I love the Nexus 5 and always will, but needed something that will last me all day. Peace guys and keep up the great work @kidkoala_uk

Reactions: kidkoala_uk

drac0

Dec 31, 2010
Fled LOL nah mate I just needed something that can last in the battery department. I love the Nexus 5 and always will, but needed something that will last me all day. Peace guys and keep up the great work @kidkoala_uk

Hey bud still alive? Hope you're having a blast with your new device, how is battery doing? I admit battery still sucks with stock kernel but franco.Kernel is doing some magic cos I'm getting like 5h screen time, its pretty good enough for me, I'm just a casual Nexus user :p Cheers!

Chochiwpg

Feb 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Hey bud still alive? Hope you're having a blast with your new device, how is battery doing? I admit battery still sucks with stock kernel but franco.Kernel is doing some magic cos I'm getting like 5h screen time, its pretty good enough for me, I'm just a casual Nexus user :p Cheers!

So far battery has been great. I don't plug in my phone at night anymore and wake up with 60 to 65% battery. With my usage I could get 2 days of battery without charging. But I top it up to 100% every morning just to start with a full battery each day. Cheers.

kidkoala_uk

May 29, 2007
Greenock
About by when may we hope for a 5.0.2_r1 build?
Does your ROM work with a pure Stock kernel?
Thanks, man.

Just testing 5.0.2_r1 now will upload soon once I sort the changelog out, yeah stock kernel will work fine you can just drop it into the zip file and replace the one compiled with ROM before flashing, the zip is now back to the old format like it was on kitkat,

"block based zip can die in a sea of flames"
(MrBaNkS)

:D:D:D:D

drac0

Dec 31, 2010
Just testing 5.0.2_r1 now will upload soon once I sort the changelog out, yeah stock kernel will work fine you can just drop it into the zip file and replace the one compiled with ROM before flashing, the zip is now back to the old format like it was on kitkat...

Bud that's some pretty good news, waiting for upload to test it and will try converting stock kernel for F2FS to see how it performs with your latest build, thanks again for baking! Cheers!:good:

EDIT: Do you maybe know is there any changes to stock kernel in 5.0.2_r1 AOSP release? If not will extract 5.0.1 variant and use that.

Last edited:

kidkoala_uk

May 29, 2007
Greenock
Bud that's some pretty good news, waiting for upload to test it and will try converting stock kernel for F2FS to see how it performs with your latest build, thanks again for baking! Cheers!:good:

EDIT: Do you maybe know is there any changes to stock kernel in 5.0.2_r1 AOSP release? If not will extract 5.0.1 variant and use that.

There is no changes to kernel in 5.0.2 drac0

Reactions: drac0

mkosem

Sep 26, 2007
Running this for the last few days without any issues. Battery life is a bit better than stock with -50 across the board, even with DT2W on, so I'm happy :)

--Matt

Reactions: kidkoala_uk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GP3rA0Q.jpg

AOSP ROM LRX22G
    Build_7 LRX22G
    AOSP LRX22G
    md5:c3c13b2f79b2c4462e612f8257e89e9e

Changelog
    Code:
    platform/build:
     	    -Fix Lunch Menu View when Flags are not used
    	    -Update modular: add strict-aliasing and make flags default
    	    -Remove ccache
    	    -Add dtbs support
    	    -USE_HOST_4.8 > USE_HOST_4_8
    	    -Fix?
    	    -Print USE_HOST_4.8 if enabled
    	    -Fix typo
    	    -Missing Endif
    	    -Revert "Make graphite default if using sabermod toolchain"
    	    -Make graphite default if using sabermod toolchain
    	    -Separate Out Host 4.8 from -O3
    	    -Revert "Revert "USE_O3_OPTIMIZATION Flag""
    	    -Revert "USE_O3_OPTIMIZATION Flag"
    	    -Tweak Custom Toolchain Flag
    	    -Print USE_O3_OPTIMIZATIONS if enabled
    	    -USE_O3_OPTIMIZATION Flag
    	    -Move definition of -D__ARM_FEATURE_LPAE=1 cflag to top-level.
    	    -Update host linux toolchain to gcc 4.8
    	    -Remove 2nd cpu nonsense
     	    -Remove libdvm dex preopt support.
    	    -Add mka and reposync
    	    -Add Make Dirty Option
    	    -Remove Annoying Goldfish Stuff
    	    -Add a Whole bunch of Clean Options
    	    -Add Toolchain Version to Lunch Menu
    	    -lets make the lunch list look a little neater
     	    -get rid of the sparse expand stuff
    	    -Remove Default Combos
    	    -Fix up envsetup.mk
    	    -block based zip can die in a sea of flames
    	    -LRX22G
    	    -LRX22F
    	    -DO NOT MERGE.  Bump version to 5.0.2

platform/frameworks/base:
    	    -Fix bad alarm delivery 
    	    -Fix the delivery-fuzzing semantics that had been introduced in
    	     81f9882b5aadd6a2289c9f521a06a7af5f35ebf0
    	    -Tune delivery and batching of alarms
    	    -Properly recognize repeating wakeup alarms
    	    -Be increasingly aggressive about fstrim if it isn't being run
     	    -Start MountService before performBootDexOpt
    	    -Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation
    	    -Improve scrolling cache
    	    -Smooth Spinners: Makes the loading "spinner" animation smoother in non-holo

platform/vendor:
    	    -Update binary blobs to LRX22C

device/lge/hammerhead:
    	   -TARGET_KERNEL_CUSTOM_TOOLCHAIN
    	   -Use 4.8 for host by default/Global -03 optimizations flag: …
    	   -Auto rotation fixed
    	   -Location services fix

packages/apps/Settings:
    	   -Settings: Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation (2/2)

kernel:
                -Updated to Code_Blue r777 http://www.engstk.org/code_blue/changelog/

toolchain: 
    	   -switched to toolchain 
                arm-cortex_a15-linux-gnueabihf-linaro_4.9.3-2014.12 for kernel
       	   -switched to toolchain SaberMod arm-androideabi-4.8 for ROM[/HIDE]

Previous Builds

AOSP ROM LRX22C
    Build_6 LRX22C
    AOSP LRX22C
    md5:c191d5e2e753ba7ea938ddb386b28bdd

Changelog
    Code:
    Fix:  
          - qcom timeservice.
          - Location services battery saving mode.

More changes and list of commits to be added[/HIDE]

Build_5 LRX22C
    AOSP LRX22C
    md5:1ecc1836e86c449612481218b286a8e6

Changelog
    Code:
                 - Frameworks: Add reboot menu

platform/packages/apps/settings:
                 - Settings: Add Advanced reboot[/HIDE]

Build_4 LRX22C
    AOSP LRX22C
    md5:eacbfe8a7ff23699f81cf0faad448a0e

Changelog
    Code:
    platform/build:
                 - "LRX22C"
                 - Increment Android versions to 5.0.1

platform/cts:
                 - add TestLog tags to XML report

device/sample:
                 - Updating Claro PR MMS APN (330-110)
                 - Updating Y!Mobile Japan APN config (440-20)

platform/external/chromium_org:
                 - Update volantis workaround to cover L mr0.1

platform/external/wpa_supplicant_8:
                 - Work around AP misbehavior on EAPOL-Key descriptor version

- Fix null handling in proxies.
                 - Setting ADB_ENABLED may result in a SecurityException.
                 - Add configuration to control converting sms destination number
                 - Increases the falsing threshold when for the keyguard affordances
                 - Import translations.

platform/frameworks/opt/telephony:
                 - Add configuration to control converting sms destination number

platform/packages/apps/Contacts:
                 - Switch from CALL -> CALL_PRIVILEGED

platform/packages/apps/ContactsCommon:

platform/packages/apps/Dialer:

platform/packages/apps/InCallUI:
                 - Send DTMF tones for dialing call

platform/packages/apps/Settings:
                 - Prevent factory reset for short passwords in CryptKeeper

platform/packages/services/Telecomm
                 - Allow calling of voicemail using CALL_PRIVILEGED

platform/prebuilts/android-emulator:
                 - Fix emulation of older platforms.
                 - update: Parse ramdisk.img to detect partition formats.

platform/prebuilts/qemu-kernel:
                 - Upgrade qemu kernels to support multinetwork.
                 - Merge "Update ARM and x86 kernel 3.4 images."  [/HIDE]

AOSP ROM LRX21V

Build_3 LRX21V
    AOSP LRX21V
    md5:ac76896bda688704e48955c8b7edb55f

Changelog
    Code:
    Busybox:

- Add Busybox

Build:

- default audio notification, alarm and ringtone
        - build only L audio package
        - ota_from_target_files: do not update recovery
        - add adb to the disttools
        - fix up ota_from_target_files symlink detection
        - telephony: default dataroaming=false
        - core: drop the check-product-copy-files
        - envsetup: one does not simply pick a combo, but a Nexus
        - core: remove vendor_module_check.mk
        - allow override of device asserts
        - core: PRODUCT_BUILD_PROP_OVERRIDES
        - ota_release_tools: comment out build date assert
        - main: remove the listing of make files
        - main: WITH_DEXPREOPT := false
        - main: enable_target_debugging := true
        - main: ro.secure=0.

Device:

- hammerhead: Update proprietary blobs to LRX21O
        - Add extract files script
        - hammerhead: Enable QCOM bionic optimization
        - Add support for USB OTG
        - Battery saver: Add period to last sentence of disclosure.
        - Battery saver: Add ambient display to feature disclosure
        - Hammerhead: enable Ambient Display

Build_2 LRX21V
    AOSP LRX21V
    md5:15be1feb25c46a4018d9a390b720621c
    Changelog
    Code:
    - Synched AOSP source LRX21V.
    - Added inline kernel build.
    - Switched to Code_Blue kernel.

AOSP ROM LRX21Q
    Build_1 LRX21Q
    AOSP LRX21Q
    md5:df36c2838928a4824a87f0bee91442b1
    Changelog
    Code:
    - Initial Release.

Code_Blue Kernel features: thanks eng.stk
    Code:
    Build on Ubuntu 14.04.1 x86_64 (Dragon_Shield VPS @ [url]www.servercore.com.br[/url] - thanks [user=5870543]@ChristianLetti[/user])
    Build with toolchains 2014.10 Linaro Cortex-A15 GCC 4.9.2 by [user=4825437]@Christopher83[/user]
    Full -O3+graphite support with device and target flags enhanced, linaro build improvements, etc
    Based on android-msm-hammerhead-3.4-l-release + own commits & cherry-picks on demand from code aurora, linaro, etc.
    Kernel compressed with LZ4-r123, custom tweaked RAMdisk with GZIP (faster boot times)
    Removed some debug and logging options
    Enhanced performance and battery patches
    Several CPU Governors (blu_active own governor is default)
    Voltage Control UV_mV_table (UV down to 700mV possible)
    Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default)
    Network and Wifi tweaks
    Several I/O control (FIOPS is default)
    Removed stock mpdecision and thermald
    blu_plug: Dynamic hotplug for hammerhead (based in dyn_hotplug from [user=3750240]@stratosk[/user]), with screenoff battery saving (max_freq 1190400 @ max dual core)
    L msm_thermal by [user=3292224]@franciscofranco[/user]
    Optimized RWSEM, AES and SHA1 routines
    Vibrator Strength tunable (60% default)
    KGSL fixes and reworked GPU driver (removed doubled freqs, goes to idle @ 27MHz)
    Simple GPU Governor by [user=3332811]@faux123[/user]
    Gamma Control by [user=4152171]@myfluxi[/user], Piereligio_TrueRGB v7 profile by default)
    LCD_KCAL driver added (RGB calibration by [user=4316709]@savoca[/user])
    Tuned min manual brightness
    OTG USB flash drives support FAT32, ExFAT and NTFS: use stickmount
    CDROM emulation added to mass_storage (Drive Droid compatible)
    Kexec (multirom) full support by [user=3418703]@Tasssadar[/user]
    Faux Sound Control, with In-call and headphone volume controls by [user=3332811]@faux123[/user] (must use FauxSound beta app v1.2.3 and up)
    doubletap2wake available (0:disabled, 1:enabled, 2:enabled fullscreen), option to disable with power button or after wake_timeout (based on [user=4684315]@flar2[/user] and [user=358990]@show[/user]p1984 work)
    USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP, by [user=4684315]@flar2[/user]), Increase battery charging current to use higher input current (on AC mode by [user=3332811]@faux123[/user]), proprietary charger detection
    init.d support (busybox run-parts required)
    Kernel cleaner script by [user=3795148]@neobuddy89[/user]
    Compatible with Universal Kernel Manager (do this if you have trouble in Lollipop), Kernel Manager, Kernel Tweaker, TricksterMOD, Franco Display Control and FauxSound Control
    Featured on Rom Directory by [user=3138090]@tFrost[/user]

Installation
    Code:
    [SIZE="2"]* Wipe data/factory reset
    * Install ROM from sdcard
    * Flash Gapps
    * Root 
    * Reboot![/SIZE]

Code:
    [SIZE="3"][B]ROM OS Version:[/B] 5.0.x Lollipop
    [B]ROM Kernel:[/B] [URL=http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/orig-development/kernel-t2697951]Code_Blue[/URL] Linux 3.4.x
    [B]Based On:[/B] AOSP
    [B]Credits:[/B] 
            eng.stk
            rascarlo
            Koush
            Cyanogenmod
            EOS
            SimpleAOSP
            SlimRoms
    [/SIZE]

So this is based on the ota, Which should have the WiFi and misc battery bugs resolved?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

It is synched directly with https://android.googlesource.com/ there has been 3 new tags added this evening

* [new tag] android-5.0.0_r3 -> android-5.0.0_r3 "hammerhead" for Nexus 5 (GSM/LTE) 5.0 (LRX21O)
    * [new tag] android-5.0.0_r4 -> android-5.0.0_r4 "razor" for Nexus 7 [2013] (Wi-Fi) 5.0 (LRX21P)
    * [new tag] android-5.0.0_r5 -> android-5.0.0_r5 "volantis" for Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi) 5.0 (LRX21Q)

They are the same, the thing that differentiates them is the vendor binaries, as I have included the binaries for LRX21O Nexus 5 when compiling and I lunched aosp_hammerhead-userdebug it builds with the LRX21Q tag. The factory images come with the binary files included in the image, when compiling AOSP they dont.
    Update Build_7 LRX22G

New build up changelog in first post, most changes to /build.
    New Build LRX22C_V5

Build updated with advanced reboot.
    @kidkoala_uk
    Another simple question ^^
    Is your rom pure/untouched AOSP like the vanilla version made by Chochiwpg ?
    If yes, i hope it stays like this for future versions.... :)

I have included some small optimisation changes to device and build and included inline kernel build using code_blue kernel, the only feature that has been added is the ambient display feature. The idea is to keep it as close to AOSP as possible with minor changes/fix's/features. All the changes that have been added are in the first post.

Thanks.