Search This thread

rondietz1

Jan 23, 2008
If I have some free time today Ill see what I can find Ron. I can't remember if you've answered this before and please excuse my ignorance if you have but have you tried going back to RUU and fresh install of everything? Or have ran a logcat? OP has instructions to run logcat. Because I know for a fact Ranger uses FR's and he's had no issues with GPS. Something just isn't playing nicely in your phone and I have to do a fresh install today myself to fix my camera problem.

Thanks, Matt, I have tried RUU before and wind up with the same results. As for running a logcat, I always seem to out somewhere and use the gps without really planning, but will try to sometime in the future. I think we need to to know if anyone not running firerat is having problem, I think we can establish that some people running it are not having problems, but are people not running it having problems. The only reason I bring up firerat is because doesn't it somehow change a cache, or where a cache is, or the size of a cache? Something, somewhere is filling up with data, at least that's my current theory and I'm sticking to it!!

rondietz1

Jan 23, 2008
I believe that jasonmaloney said that gingerbread has a slight memory leak somewhere that causes some glitches.. maybe that's the gps issue as well??

Sent from.. wait.. What????
A memory leak would definitely effect data accumulation by somewhere running out of room to store any more.

RVDigital

Feb 17, 2010
heymanniceblog.com
I'm not sure.. if you call and complain about your signal they may just ship it to you to use.. I know a few people who have gotten one from complaints.. me being one..

This is how I got my Airave. I called in citing the terrible signal in my home area and the fact that T-Mobile offered the @Home (at the time). I cited the fact that the Early Term fee was worth the cost vs the terrible service I was having (tried to pull a few retention strings with that comment). Regardless, they offered to send me an Airave for free and wave the $5/month fee ($5/m??? what a joke). While it beats having no signal at all, it is 1x only and does have a slight lag (similar to old VOIP) in the conversation, but it has gotten better.

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
I said there was a video memory leak which is what causes the black screens, which can be fixed with the debug option I posted a long time ago. This shouldn't affect GPS

Mind posting the fix again?? The every 4 or 5 hour reboot is starting to be an annoyance. Thanks

Yea its me again. With the
Modified Hero

jneg123

Jan 27, 2011
A someone on this thread suggested to someone about some good themes I could use threw the theme chooser that comes with this rom. I think it was this thread. Well I did a seaech for black and white themes and I found only two that was decent imo. It was honey cream and minimal magic. I tried one called min bread but its all screwed up. So does anyone have any suggestions to a black or white theme to use with the stock themer???

Yea its me again. With the
Modified Hero

https://market.android.com/search?q=jamt&so=1&c=apps

There you go.

jneg123

Jan 27, 2011
I said there was a video memory leak which is what causes the black screens, which can be fixed with the debug option I posted a long time ago. This shouldn't affect GPS

Tried searching for your post regarding video debug but nothing came up. Do you have a link? I've been getting black screens randomly lately. Thanks.

silberj

Oct 3, 2010
Vine Grove, KY
I'm not sure.. if you call and complain about your signal they may just ship it to you to use.. I know a few people who have gotten one from complaints.. me being one..

It's how I got mine, got it free for two years, and if their service doesn't improve in my specific area, they better let me have it for another 2.

Last edited:

vayman

Jun 8, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Last edited:

genuser

Jul 8, 2010

+1 I got mine comp'd shortly after moving from Verizon. Found that I was "roaming" (i.e. burning minutes) anytime I was in my house. Called and discussed the issue and they recommended an Airave. You have to ask for it to be free, but they did it. Typically $99 purchase and $5/mo. Technically it's a pretty neat solution and works fine. I don't understand how this could create a bandwidth issue for your home network unless you are running dial-up.

Thanks, but had problems with all builds back to about the beginning of March. Since this seems to usually occur with most people after a considerable time, I think it brings two possibilities into play, heat or data accumulation. I think people most probably eliminated it being a heat problem a while back, so I still think it's along the lines of the amount of data accumulated in that period of time, and how that data is handled, after a certain period of time it just chokes on it.

My last known build without GPS reboots was 2/22.

Freeroot

Dec 31, 2010
Seattle
Hey guys, just discovered this and for those who haven't yet, thought it would be cool :)
DO YOU MISS SENSE UI??
DO YOU HAVE LAUNCHER PRO PLUS????
SEARCH LP SENSE UI IN THE MARKET :) its really cool.
ad97bedb-307b-9837.jpg
ad97bedb-3094-22f2.jpg
ad97bedb-30a2-0bd3.jpg

sent from a fone.
EDIT

I should stress that if you do anything with this app, it will grow like crazy. It's at 18 mb on my phone right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnsonjs

poashll

Sep 3, 2010
Lincoln, NE
Thanks, Matt, I have tried RUU before and wind up with the same results. As for running a logcat, I always seem to out somewhere and use the gps without really planning, but will try to sometime in the future. I think we need to to know if anyone not running firerat is having problem, I think we can establish that some people running it are not having problems, but are people not running it having problems. The only reason I bring up firerat is because doesn't it somehow change a cache, or where a cache is, or the size of a cache? Something, somewhere is filling up with data, at least that's my current theory and I'm sticking to it!!

I don't run firerat or data2ext or anything and I did have the problem after 45 minutes or so.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aBGH3.png
    pjJo2.png
    YUdXp.png
    pNATR.png
    oYe53.png
    5Swi6.png
    PQW3e.png
    1W5Bm.png
    9wYtk.png
    nnok0.png
    oIxgu.png
    Fntz4.png

MD5:
    gapps-gb-20110325-signed.zip
    MD5: 4cbe712c0bde778fb7f2d32d32b57dd8

MD5:
    [GPL] Kernel Source

HOWTO Logcat
    Code:
    [CENTER][B][U]PC via ADB:[/U][/B]
    adb logcat > /path/logcat.txt
    ctrl+c

[B][U]Phone via Terminal emulator:[/U][/B]
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt 
    press the trackball (for ctrl) and c to end the output.[/CENTER]
    ]​
    if your market isn't downloading correctly donate all your money to s0be ;P!

He is the man and fixed it.

Here is the s0be's fix

1. adb shell
    2. su
    3. mkdir /cache/download
    4. chown system:cache /cache/download
    5. chmod ug+rwx /cache/download
    6. chmod a+x /cache/download

Then the market should download.

Added to the WIKI under Gapps Info. :D:D:D
    working on it fellas :D

Re4gk.png
    ladies and gents 3/08 is up let me know if its any quicker if not i have a few other tricks up my sleeve to try dont know why but i just refuse to give up on the heroC :eek:
    links up fellas enjoy ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone