Search This thread

psoc4524

Mar 24, 2011
Help me :(:(

Hello, So I have asops 2.3.3 ginger bread and I'm selling my phone but the person can't fully activate it because you can't type in the # # codes on cm7 and there isn't an update option on cm7 to update the prl. So I figured I would flash a sense rom witch does have the update prl option in settings. But when I try to flash it in clock work recovery is get an error message saying it can't access the file or another one. I have tried multiple roms is there another step to do before flashing to an older rom? The main reason I'm doing it is because the Internet does nonot work. Is there a way to do it in cm7 or can someone give me a link to the stock rom. It's a late 2010 cdma hero on sprint. I'll give the person who helps me 10 bucks threw paypall. Fast response is 15 bucks. Thanks guys

808Bill

Nov 4, 2010
Kailua, Hawaii
Hello, So I have asops 2.3.3 ginger bread and I'm selling my phone but the person can't fully activate it because you can't type in the # # codes on cm7 and there isn't an update option on cm7 to update the prl. So I figured I would flash a sense rom witch does have the update prl option in settings. But when I try to flash it in clock work recovery is get an error message saying it can't access the file or another one. I have tried multiple roms is there another step to do before flashing to an older rom? The main reason I'm doing it is because the Internet does nonot work. Is there a way to do it in cm7 or can someone give me a link to the stock rom. It's a late 2010 cdma hero on sprint. I'll give the person who helps me 10 bucks threw paypall. Fast response is 15 bucks. Thanks guys

Which version of clockwork are you using? You may have to use an earlier version.

HEROEVO

Jun 11, 2010

You have to flash Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.7 because that supports edify scripting and Clockwork 3.x does not.

Mar 5, 2009
I see red people.
You have to flash Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.7 because that supports edify scripting and Clockwork 3.x does not.

I think you meant that reverse.. 3. Whatever supports edify..

Correct. 2.5.0.7 will flash edify and amend scripting (at least it does for me). If you want to go back to ruu and get the prl and pri updates, use the ruu found in this Hero forum. Give the $15 to aosp.

rubyknight

Sep 19, 2010
Sevierville TN
The LG Optimus is looking better and better.

The grass is always greener on the other side :)

The hero has great dev support and is a swiss army knife, it has something for everything and everyone.

I was watching a video of someone doing a hands on review of the Evo 3D last week and the review got interupted because the camera froze up. No phone is perfect, and when compairing the Hero to other competitors like the LG just isn't worth it. Wait for the dual core monsters before you upgrade, the Hero is a beast and should be good till you can get one of them

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA Premium App

johnsonjs

Jun 29, 2010
Why? Its last gen hardware and with the smart phone surcharge same monthly fee

Or because aospMod is for that too? Because like 75% of htcs phones have a cm7 build of some sort and even alot of sanding phones have a KANGed version of cm7

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Yes, partly because AOSP is actively cooking ROMs for the Optimus and currently the phone is free on Sprint's website if you're eligible for the full upgrade price. Unfortunately, these days you gotta follow the Android development rather than pick your favorite phone. The Optimus is currently the best 3g phone from Sprint and I'm not jumping to 4g for $10 more per month.

oldjackbob

Jun 5, 2010
Yes, partly because AOSP is actively cooking ROMs for the Optimus and currently the phone is free on Sprint's website if you're eligible for the full upgrade price. Unfortunately, these days you gotta follow the Android development rather than pick your favorite phone. The Optimus is currently the best 3g phone from Sprint and I'm not jumping to 4g for $10 more per month.
Correction -- You're gonna pay a $10 monthly fee just for activating ANY smartphone on Sprint after the Jan 30 cutoff date, so there's no reason NOT to go with a 4G phone, because there's no difference any more in the monthly premium you're gonna pay.

johnsonjs

Jun 29, 2010
Correction -- You're gonna pay a $10 monthly fee just for activating ANY smartphone on Sprint after the Jan 30 cutoff date, so there's no reason NOT to go with a 4G phone, because there's no difference any more in the monthly premium you're gonna pay.

That's incorrect. Any 4g phone carries an additional $10 surcharge on top of the Android 3g premium data fee. I'm on SERO premium for $40 with my Hero. If I jumped to an Evo or any other 4g phone my bill would jump to $50/mo.

Well either of the evos have a bigger dev base over the optimus so I still don't get your point but to each his own

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Did you read my post? I'd pay an extra $10/mo for a 4g phone.

pstevep

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized The
Aug 31, 2010
A place just beyond throwing distance
That's incorrect. Any 4g phone carries an additional $10 surcharge on top of the Android 3g premium data fee. I'm on SERO premium for $40 with my Hero. If I jumped to an Evo or any other 4g phone my bill would jump to $50/mo.

Did you read my post? I'd pay an extra $10/mo for a 4g phone.

Sprint changed it to any smart phone is 10 more..

Sent from.. wait.. What????

johnsonjs

Jun 29, 2010
Sprint changed it to any smart phone is 10 more..

C'mon man! The Optimus costs the exact same as the Hero on ANY plan. Only when you jump to a 4g phone do you incur the additonal 4g data fee.

https://www.sprint.com/webconversionform/Separating_EPP_Plan_SERO_Everything_Plus.pdf

Specifically the bottom of the 1st page:

4G Smartphone activations also require an additional $10/line/mo. Premium Data add-on charge in addition to the SERO
Premium plan.

pstevep

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized The
Aug 31, 2010
A place just beyond throwing distance
C'mon man! The Optimus costs the exact same as the Hero on ANY plan. Only when you jump to a 4g phone do you incur the additonal 4g data fee.

https://www.sprint.com/webconversionform/Separating_EPP_Plan_SERO_Everything_Plus.pdf

Specifically the bottom of the 1st page:

4G Smartphone activations also require an additional $10/line/mo. Premium Data add-on charge in addition to the SERO
Premium plan.

My apologies but I don't think most of us have SERO plans.. so for most its 10 for any

ccrosno

Aug 24, 2010
Indianapolis

I just bought my wife the Optimus S. Paid $50 at the sprint store. Nice phone, but no support here. The newest update makes rooting a PITA. I have been trying for days to get a good root without screwing something up. So far no luck. Otherwise the phone is a nice average phone. And yes, even though it is a 3g phone, we had to pay the extra $10 a month Premium Data Surcharge.

Looking to mod, don't buy this phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aBGH3.png
    pjJo2.png
    YUdXp.png
    pNATR.png
    oYe53.png
    5Swi6.png
    PQW3e.png
    1W5Bm.png
    9wYtk.png
    nnok0.png
    oIxgu.png
    Fntz4.png

MD5:
    gapps-gb-20110325-signed.zip
    MD5: 4cbe712c0bde778fb7f2d32d32b57dd8

MD5:
    [GPL] Kernel Source

HOWTO Logcat
    Code:
    [CENTER][B][U]PC via ADB:[/U][/B]
    adb logcat > /path/logcat.txt
    ctrl+c

[B][U]Phone via Terminal emulator:[/U][/B]
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt 
    press the trackball (for ctrl) and c to end the output.[/CENTER]
    ]​
    if your market isn't downloading correctly donate all your money to s0be ;P!

He is the man and fixed it.

Here is the s0be's fix

1. adb shell
    2. su
    3. mkdir /cache/download
    4. chown system:cache /cache/download
    5. chmod ug+rwx /cache/download
    6. chmod a+x /cache/download

Then the market should download.

Added to the WIKI under Gapps Info. :D:D:D
    working on it fellas :D

Re4gk.png
    ladies and gents 3/08 is up let me know if its any quicker if not i have a few other tricks up my sleeve to try dont know why but i just refuse to give up on the heroC :eek:
    links up fellas enjoy ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone