Search This thread

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mode
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
Lol thats some old irc humor, this rom is awesome. I dont know if my guess is right but I think he asked to see if cm was final/stable. I REALLY hope he does 1 last cm build to include the velocity scrolling fix. I think vanilla is coming, just a hunch.

sent from a series of tubes.

oldjackbob

Jun 5, 2010
sorry ladies and gents for my lack of activity but my personal life has just been very demanding lately and as much as i wish everything would cost as much as the android os does so i could do this full time i get reminded that most of lifes essentials do not :(

ok back to aospCMod :D before i upload something fresh i need some feedback from current users i want to get a general consensus on the 3/26 release is there anything stopping you from using it as your daily driver bugs, lag, etc?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
Very hard to find any fault with the 3/26 build. I did get one GPS reboot a week or two ago, but that was when I was also listening to PowerAMP and saw a bobcat on the bike trail and powered up the video recorder to record the critter, while the My Tracks app was still recording my route, and PowerAMP was still blaring out the tunes. In fact, you can hear the music playing in the video:

http://s349.photobucket.com/albums/q376/oldjackbob/?action=view&current=VID_20110412_165517.mp4

The phone rebooted shortly after that, but that was the only occasion that ever gave me any problem. There has been some conjecture that the GB video recorder has a memory leak, so it's entirely conceivable that that was the root of the problem that day, and neither the 3/26 rom nor the GPS was at fault. I've used My Tracks on the 3/26 rom to record my bike routes a number of times both before and since that day, without issue.

rondietz1

Jan 23, 2008
sorry ladies and gents for my lack of activity but my personal life has just been very demanding lately and as much as i wish everything would cost as much as the android os does so i could do this full time i get reminded that most of lifes essentials do not :(

ok back to aospCMod :D before i upload something fresh i need some feedback from current users i want to get a general consensus on the 3/26 release is there anything stopping you from using it as your daily driver bugs, lag, etc?

I continue to have gps problems when using google nav or golflogix, loss of lock, force close, reboot, freeze (still not convinced it is anything other than a data collection problem, since it takes time to happen). Other than that your rom is superb, please keep up the great work.

il Duce

Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
Hey aosp I have one other thing. Currently running s0be ap5, but on the stock kernel whenever I plugged in headphones it thought I plugged in a headset, with a mic. I know others had the issue too, not a big deal just thought you should know.

R

ranger61878

Only issue I've experienced with 3/26, along with a few other users awhile back, is the occasional loss of set ringtones and notifications. Happened two times where everything just reset to...nothing but a bunch of quick beeps. Wiped and formatted and hasn't happened since though.

Great ROM!

pstevep

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized The
Aug 31, 2010
A place just beyond throwing distance
Hey aosp I have one other thing. Currently running s0be ap5, but on the stock kernel whenever I plugged in headphones it thought I plugged in a headset, with a mic. I know others had the issue too, not a big deal just thought you should know.

i have seen a few complaints about this as well.. i havent had the stock kernel intalled to verify for myself.. but there were a bunch of complaints in the s0be thread a while ago about stock and headphones reporting as headset..

Vrekk

Jan 8, 2010
Centennial
The problems i've had with this rom is only that after about a day of being on, i start to get graphic problems like the reboot menu not showing, etc, and when I try to install an app from the Amazon Market, i can not click the install button (like if I had loaded the apk myself to the sdcard) if the phone has been online for more than 5 mins. Otherwise this rom is perfect

bks0101

Aug 13, 2010
Thx for the update. There still seems to be some sporadic issues with GPS causing reboots. It usually occurs after at least 30 minutes of use. There are a couple tweaks that work for some but not for all, indicating this could be more to do with individual setups rather than rom related. A few folks have guessed GPS is hoarding too much memory thus causing a crash - as when using it to log a track on a bike ride, etc.

Other than that, I can't recall others mentioning any issues that sounded consistent enough to be rom related. 3/26 has been a solid build for most everybody. Thx man for the work.

Everything rock solid for me except for the GPS thing - reboots ~ the 30 minute mark like clockwork. Don't seem to be too many folks having this issue, I must just have a picky phone as none of the workarounds change anything for me. I've just been nanding back to Froyo when I am traveling, not a major issue. Regardless, both GB and Froyo smoke the sense stuff - much thanks and appreciation.......

vayman

Jun 8, 2010
Cincinnati, OH

No need to apologize man, what you've done for our HeroC's is nothing short of legendary and I know everyone here appreciates what you've done for us!!! Hell, if it weren't for your efforts and this great community I would have gotten a new phone long ago. :D Focus on your personal life, that should always come first, and like psteve said we are your loyal crackheads and we will be here, so again please put focus on your personal life.

As far as the ROM goes, this has been the best ROM I've ever run on my phone hands down and has been my daily since the day it dropped! Other than the sporadic GPS issues that have been mentioned and the occasional black screen on incoming calls this ROM is perfect, IMHO! :D

waffle_

Mar 7, 2011
Gainesville, FL

The only problem I see happening is a little lag when I'm typing and receiving a message at the same time.

wesssider

Aug 22, 2008
Everybody get ready for the longest post ever lol.

Now, my initial (and likely final) verdict on the launchers: adw ex FTW. I really do like a few things about lpp, and I will keep using it for a while to be fair to it. The things I like about it so far are the scrolling dock, the lpp widgets, and the scrolling PAST your last screen to get the other "side" of the launcher, i.e. from screen 3 to screen 1. Other than that, adw ex has ALL of the same tweaks and options that lpp has, plus about a zillion more. With adw EX you can long press an icon and you get a popup menu: remove,change,uninstall. That may be the biggest thing for me since I use custom icons a lot (which lpp doesn't offer), and uninstall apps a lot. The other big thing about adw ex I like a lot is the "edit" button, where you can shuffle which screen is where in your setup without losing any of the screens, i.e. move screen 2 to screen 3 with one touch. Also this allows you to add a screen anywhere (like put a blank screen inbetween 2 and 3, or put a fifth screen after 4 or before 1) or delete any screen and it's content, while keeping the rest of your setup the same. I also like the swipe up to hide the note bar, and swipe down for the "hidden" dock. EX also allows you to change the size of the dock icons, which I used to make them the same size as app icons - nice. It has better app drawer settings and tweaks by far - you can make different app "catalogs" like games,work,apps, and within the app drawer you have arrows to move between them easily. I like the ability to move the trashcan (bottom or top), and there's a setting where when you are resizing widgets you can allow them to overlap while resizing for easy screen tweakage. It allows you to hide app labels (which lpp also allows) including folder labels (which lpp does not allow). You can have a vertical 2d or 3d app drawer, as well as a page by page horizontal, or super fling horizontal (my fav). You can hide app labels in the app drawer (which lpp doesn't do?). You can change the text color of the app labels in the drawer and the background color and transparency for the drawer. With EX you can two finger pinch the home screen to bring them all up into one screen in thumbs to nav through them (like the evo stock) and I don't think lpp allows that? You can customize the 6 tabs that open when you press the menu from the home screen - that I use and it's sweet. In adw it comes with iphoney icon bg squares (which I don't use) and some pre-loaded docks. Another cool dock feature with adw is you can remove it and gain another row for apps on the screen (can lpp do that? idk). Oh and for the speed testing (no data, just my opinion) I did both with the same screens (5), 2 of which had 4x5 apps, and the same widgets (9), they were both fast. EX was maybe a tiny bit faster, maybe not, lpp may have been a tiny bit smoother, maybe not. EX has all the fun animations, and the speed may be very slightly better with EX (though I haven't made tweaks for lpp). So, adw ex FTW.

Thanks for the detailed reviews/comparison.
Zeam has some of the mentioned above.
- scrollable dock bar
- long press uninstall from trashcan
- screen looping

3/26 is my daily, I get blank/wonky screen on incoming calls. I use the hard talk button to answer. No GPS issues.

Drunkpilot

Dec 21, 2010
Newport Beach, CA

No. This is my daily and I thank you for that. I think the only thing would be the occasional dark screen when receiving calls, but that happens rarely (for me anyway).;)

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA App

rubyknight

Sep 19, 2010
Sevierville TN
The big elephant in the room for me is all the media freezes. Pandora, youtube, and my favorite Crunchyroll all freeze after a little while of watching videos or listening to music.

The second issue I have is the slight memory leak that's been reported. After a while of using it I always end up running into slow-downs and force closes.

But this is already my daily, whether these get fixed or not :) The speed and battery life are worth it

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA Premium App

atmchuck

Aug 5, 2010
Ditto

I continue to have gps problems when using google nav or golflogix, loss of lock, force close, reboot, freeze (still not convinced it is anything other than a data collection problem, since it takes time to happen). Other than that your rom is superb, please keep up the great work.

+1 on the GPS issues; pretty much the same here.

+800 on the thanks! This rom freakin' screams.

[Edit] This is also my daily.

suckoos

Sep 29, 2010

I have been using AospCMod since a couple weeks after release and only seen it get better as well. I had an issue recently with the data connection when I lost it roaming, it didn't come back when I was in coverage. This very well could be a sprint issue. Otherwise, it has been exceptional, easily the best rom I've ever had on my phone. We are indebted to you.

il Duce

Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
one more thing (NOT a big deal) - the icon for usb debugging never showed up on the stock kernel, again since I use AP5 mine works, I forgot about the stock one until just now.

SIDE NOTE: is xda EVER going to fix the effing multi-quote?

Riff76

Feb 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
AOSP 3/26 is great. I tried CM7 final for a few days and came back to your rom. The only issue I have is using my tracks, I get GPS reboots after a few minutes. The problem didn't exist in 3/23. Thanks for all you do!

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA App

pavanmaverick

Aug 16, 2008
sbefore i upload something fresh i need some feedback from current users i want to get a general consensus on the 3/26 release is there anything stopping you from using it as your daily driver bugs, lag, etc?

This is an absolutely wonderful ROM. The only issue I have noticed with it is GPS causes a reboot after ~1 hour of use.

Thank you for your amazing work on the Hero, and hopefully, your personal life is keeping you occupied for the best and happiest of reasons.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aBGH3.png
    pjJo2.png
    YUdXp.png
    pNATR.png
    oYe53.png
    5Swi6.png
    PQW3e.png
    1W5Bm.png
    9wYtk.png
    nnok0.png
    oIxgu.png
    Fntz4.png

MD5:
    gapps-gb-20110325-signed.zip
    MD5: 4cbe712c0bde778fb7f2d32d32b57dd8

MD5:
    [GPL] Kernel Source

HOWTO Logcat
    Code:
    [CENTER][B][U]PC via ADB:[/U][/B]
    adb logcat > /path/logcat.txt
    ctrl+c

[B][U]Phone via Terminal emulator:[/U][/B]
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt 
    press the trackball (for ctrl) and c to end the output.[/CENTER]
    ]​
    if your market isn't downloading correctly donate all your money to s0be ;P!

He is the man and fixed it.

Here is the s0be's fix

1. adb shell
    2. su
    3. mkdir /cache/download
    4. chown system:cache /cache/download
    5. chmod ug+rwx /cache/download
    6. chmod a+x /cache/download

Then the market should download.

Added to the WIKI under Gapps Info. :D:D:D
    working on it fellas :D

Re4gk.png
    ladies and gents 3/08 is up let me know if its any quicker if not i have a few other tricks up my sleeve to try dont know why but i just refuse to give up on the heroC :eek:
    links up fellas enjoy ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone