Search This thread

johnsonjs

Jun 29, 2010
to troll around.

I'm not trolling at all. In fact I donated a couple beers last week to AOSP for his efforts. Maybe if everyone would hit the donate button and help the guy out instead of spouting off here he'd be churning out more ROMs.

He comes from the Optimus forums

That's news to me. Please find one post of mine from the Optimus forums. :confused:

Reactions: ScrapSilicon

ch1naski

Jun 11, 2010
Los Angeles
True it was a joke! and it was deleted already! but this thread is so huge due to discussions about what launcher is lagging and which one is not... about a camera working or NOT if using sobe's kernel?

But we all have our opinions and I respect yours as well!.

This thread is huge because of discussions about the rom, mostly. It works so well, that lately there isn't much to discuss, rom-wise.....I think every one is getting a little edgy in anticipation of the a-bomb that is supposed to drop soon.

Crackheads, indeed......

π
sent from GB hero.

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
I am talking about actually using iPhone headphones that have the integrated mic and remote on them...the mic doesn't work nor do the volume keys, but the play/pause button does...Would that be a phone issue not allowing it to fully work of a ROM thing?

I vote rom/kernel. I have a stock htc headset w/mic, plugs into usb on phone. Same mic no work, works on ap5 and did on froyo. Pause works too. Not play?

sent from a series of tubes.

pstevep

Retired Senior Mod / Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 31, 2010
A place just beyond throwing distance
Asop, Many thanks for all your hard work!

+1 on occasional gps reboots, occasional slow screen on incoming calls.

Haven't seen mention yet, but any thoughts on improving camera quality? It's so much better in your Froyo rom.

OBW: what's your next phone going to be? It will Influence my upgrade decision :)

Aosp has lg Optimus V.. he is a lg spokesperson...

Sent from.. wait.. What????

jckeyser

Aug 7, 2010
Dahlonega, Ga.
Google Voice + Sprint

I just got the early beta email from Google about making my official GV number my Sprint number. I set it up and it works awesome, doubly so with aosp, as Sprint VM will become a non-issue for root users (on Sprint) on the 26th when it becomes available to all Sprint subscribers. It makes my old Hero a formidable little phone and is a great move by Sprint to keep me on board. I can now use Google to manage my number, pretty ****in' sweet. Anyone else use this yet?

DJB628

Jul 4, 2010
South Florida
Did not know this was an option ??

I just got the early beta email from Google about making my official GV number my Sprint number. I set it up and it works awesome, doubly so with aosp, as Sprint VM will become a non-issue for root users (on Sprint) on the 26th when it becomes available to all Sprint subscribers. It makes my old Hero a formidable little phone and is a great move by Sprint to keep me on board. I can now use Google to manage my number, pretty ****in' sweet. Anyone else use this yet?

jckeyser

Aug 7, 2010
Dahlonega, Ga.
They're rolling out a beta right now for the launch on the 26th. I don't know what the criteria is for being a tester, maybe it's just random. Check your email, who knows. But I'm using it and it's cementing Sprint as an Android user's sliced bread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aBGH3.png
    pjJo2.png
    YUdXp.png
    pNATR.png
    oYe53.png
    5Swi6.png
    PQW3e.png
    1W5Bm.png
    9wYtk.png
    nnok0.png
    oIxgu.png
    Fntz4.png

MD5:
    gapps-gb-20110325-signed.zip
    MD5: 4cbe712c0bde778fb7f2d32d32b57dd8

MD5:
    [GPL] Kernel Source

HOWTO Logcat
    Code:
    [CENTER][B][U]PC via ADB:[/U][/B]
    adb logcat > /path/logcat.txt
    ctrl+c

[B][U]Phone via Terminal emulator:[/U][/B]
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt 
    press the trackball (for ctrl) and c to end the output.[/CENTER]
    ]​
    if your market isn't downloading correctly donate all your money to s0be ;P!

He is the man and fixed it.

Here is the s0be's fix

1. adb shell
    2. su
    3. mkdir /cache/download
    4. chown system:cache /cache/download
    5. chmod ug+rwx /cache/download
    6. chmod a+x /cache/download

Then the market should download.

Added to the WIKI under Gapps Info. :D:D:D
    working on it fellas :D

Re4gk.png
    ladies and gents 3/08 is up let me know if its any quicker if not i have a few other tricks up my sleeve to try dont know why but i just refuse to give up on the heroC :eek:
    links up fellas enjoy ;)