• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory
Search This thread

808Bill

Nov 4, 2010
Kailua, Hawaii
I just installed the new Facebook update, and now I'm inundated with meaningless drivel from people I hardly know and really don't care about. Oh wait, it's Facebook. Nevermind.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

pstevep

Retired Senior Mod / Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 31, 2010
A place just beyond throwing distance
i had something new happen today, and wondering if anyone else has had it, i dont remember anyone mentioning it.. turning my screen on, and my lockscreen disappeared, i could unlock the phone by doing the correct motion, but i eventually had to reboot because it quit letting me..

vayman

Jun 8, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
I just ran into a issue with 4/21. I am unable to do a 3 way call. Every time I get a fast busy and it drops both calls.

May be a network thing as pstevep suggested. If you search the thread w/ key words "conference call" you should get a hit where a few members were going back and forth w/ the 3 way call issue. ;)

Edit: One better, here's a link to the search that I did. XDA is kind wonky right now. I keep getting "service is unavailable/over capacity" YMMV

http://forum.xda-developers.com/search.php?searchid=68965051

Last edited:

efan3719

Jul 18, 2010
Selah, WA
i had something new happen today, and wondering if anyone else has had it, i dont remember anyone mentioning it.. turning my screen on, and my lockscreen disappeared, i could unlock the phone by doing the correct motion, but i eventually had to reboot because it quit letting me..

yes i've had this happen a few times. and also things like the notification pull down only shows to right under the power bar. and sometimes the keyboard wont pop up. usually goes away after a little bit or i have to do a restart. hasnt happened for a while though.

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN

I wonder if that's the "black or blank screen" issue? I have never had that problem, but I have had blank screens intermittently.

pstevep

Aug 31, 2010
I wonder if that's the "black or blank screen" issue? I have never had that problem, but I have had blank screens intermittently.

I had the black screens at one point on the last build, but it never affected the lockscreen.. idk the jm fix that supposedly doesn't actually work worked for me with that so maybe I will try again if it comes back.. but again it may only be a placebo..

Sent from.. wait.. What????

Brickster

Dec 31, 2010
Byram
I got a little qwerk happening also......while checking email,,,regular or gmail,,,,I get random trackball lights coming on,,,,like a call trying to come through or something......they will come on then go right off,,,,then come right back on,,,,,,,,nothing serious FWIW......
Plus,,,forgot about this one.....but my saved wifi hotspot will throw up a question mark for wifi found, but wont connect until i go to the wi-fi menu.........It says scanning and soon as I open settings,,connects just fine.

Mar 5, 2009
I see red people.
Plus,,,forgot about this one.....but my saved wifi hotspot will throw up a question mark for wifi found, but wont connect until i go to the wi-fi menu.........It says scanning and soon as I open settings,,connects just fine.

+1 on this one. Has been happening for a while now, at least early February. Didn't see anyone else with the issue, so figured it was my clearly chemically induced Hero.

Brickster

Dec 31, 2010
Byram
+1 on this one. Has been happening for a while now, at least early February. Didn't see anyone else with the issue, so figured it was my clearly chemically induced Hero.

As a matter of fact....I don't think it's swapping back and forth from 3g to wifi like it's suppose to.
Scenario: start download on 3g then find a wifi hs and connect to it.....download is suppose to swap over to wifi but will fail instead.....for me anyway

NineInchNails

R.I.P. - We'll see you around, bud...
Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota

Same exact thing happened to me about 3 days ago. Know I posted about it. Same thing, reboot fixed it. Logcat showed nothing but I haven't had it happen again yet. Really pisses me off I can't make it happen to see what's going on.

®parallel universe®

pstevep

Aug 31, 2010
Same exact thing happened to me about 3 days ago. Know I posted about it. Same thing, reboot fixed it. Logcat showed nothing but I haven't had it happen again yet. Really pisses me off I can't make it happen to see what's going on.

®parallel universe®

how the heck did i miss your post about it.. i havent had it happen again since the reboot.. so hopefully that was the fix.. stinkin pain in the butt crap things that happen with no explanation..

ch1naski

Jun 11, 2010
Los Angeles
As a matter of fact....I don't think it's swapping back and forth from 3g to wifi like it's suppose to.
Scenario: start download on 3g then find a wifi hs and connect to it.....download is suppose to swap over to wifi but will fail instead.....for me anyway

That happens to me on a regular basis. I pretty much just assumed it's normal for everyone...

π
sent from GB hero.

Mar 5, 2009
I see red people.

That happens to me on a regular basis. I pretty much just assumed it's normal for everyone...

@brickster, you and I have the exact same issue. Mine is also not switching from 3g to wifi automatically. With ch1naski chiming in, perhaps we have an identifiable issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aBGH3.png
    pjJo2.png
    YUdXp.png
    pNATR.png
    oYe53.png
    5Swi6.png
    PQW3e.png
    1W5Bm.png
    9wYtk.png
    nnok0.png
    oIxgu.png
    Fntz4.png

MD5:
    gapps-gb-20110325-signed.zip
    MD5: 4cbe712c0bde778fb7f2d32d32b57dd8

MD5:
    [GPL] Kernel Source

HOWTO Logcat
    Code:
    [CENTER][B][U]PC via ADB:[/U][/B]
    adb logcat > /path/logcat.txt
    ctrl+c

[B][U]Phone via Terminal emulator:[/U][/B]
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt 
    press the trackball (for ctrl) and c to end the output.[/CENTER]
    ]​
    if your market isn't downloading correctly donate all your money to s0be ;P!

He is the man and fixed it.

Here is the s0be's fix

1. adb shell
    2. su
    3. mkdir /cache/download
    4. chown system:cache /cache/download
    5. chmod ug+rwx /cache/download
    6. chmod a+x /cache/download

Then the market should download.

Added to the WIKI under Gapps Info. :D:D:D
    working on it fellas :D

Re4gk.png
    ladies and gents 3/08 is up let me know if its any quicker if not i have a few other tricks up my sleeve to try dont know why but i just refuse to give up on the heroC :eek:
    links up fellas enjoy ;)