Search This thread

pstevep

Retired Senior Mod / Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 31, 2010
A place just beyond throwing distance
pic of oldjackbob, duce, pstevep, 24601, ranger, and the rest . . .
aosp%20crackheads.jpeg

im the one on the far right

jtboyz01

Oct 28, 2010
Loving the ROM for the most part only problem is if I have my GPS going and Pandora at the same time and I get a text my phone goes nuts. Pandora starts glitching and my phone freezes. Is their any way to fix this it use to run all this just fine with CyanogenMod 6.

R

ranger61878

Loving the ROM for the most part only problem is if I have my GPS going and Pandora at the same time and I get a text my phone goes nuts. Pandora starts glitching and my phone freezes. Is their any way to fix this it use to run all this just fine with CyanogenMod 6.

What are your CPU settings?

Raise your minimum and try ondemand for the governor.

Last edited:
R

ranger61878

My minimum is set to 176 MHz what should I change it to?
If your governor is not ondemand, change it to that, and leave it at 176. If that doesn't help, bump your minimum up to 264.

I use ondemand 176/729 with no issues...but all phones act differently with the same settings. Just play with your minimum and governor to find the best setup for your phone. :)

jtboyz01

Oct 28, 2010
If your governor is not ondemand, change it to that, and leave it at 176. If that doesn't help, bump your minimum up to 264.

I use ondemand 176/729 with no issues...but all phones act differently with the same settings. Just play with your minimum and governor to find the best setup for your phone. :)

Will do I had it on interactive so I will see if that makes a difference.

h4kudoshi

May 15, 2010
ARGH! Everytime I do a complete wipe and fresh install the next day a new version always gets released! :)

thx as always aosp!

genuser

Jul 8, 2010
So I took a trip back to the DMZ for all the updates before the latest GB release.

Learned something...
I used the RUU method here
[RUU] Official 2.31.651.7 in ZIP Format, Flashable from Fastboot - xda-developers
That RUU has the .27 radio and the 2.62_003 PRI
The highest PRL I can get with .27 radio is 60676

So I took the OTA update to 2.32.651.2. That put me on the .29, PRI = 2.65_003 and then I could get the 60677 PRL update

I then re-rooted using Ragaw's V1.3 rooter. Slick as can be! (Thanks Ragaw)

If I had rooted and flashed the .29 radio via recovery as I have in the past, I would not have gotten the latest PRI. Only the latest PRL.

My motivation was that my data signal was just in the toilet. It regressed to the point where 30% of time time I had no data at all. No clue how this happens, but over the course of a week it just took a dive. I was doing a lot of playing with performance settings and autokiller, but so were many. :confused:

So I am now sporting the absolute latest and greatest of the radioware. As soon as ASOP finishes his magic I will be on the latest and greatest ROM as well! :cool:

Reactions: johnsonjs

rubyknight

Sep 19, 2010
Sevierville TN
So I took a trip back to the DMZ for all the updates before the latest GB release.

Learned something...
[RUU] Official 2.31.651.7 in ZIP Format, Flashable from Fastboot - xda-developers

So I took the OTA update to 2.32.651.2. That put me on the .29, PRI = 2.65_003 and then I could get the 60677 PRL update

If I had rooted and flashed the .29 radio via recovery as I have in the past, I would not have gotten the latest PRI. Only the latest PRL.

My motivation was that my data signal was just in the toilet. It regressed to the point where 30% of time time I had no data at all. No clue how this happens, but over the course of a week it just took a dive. I was doing a lot of playing with performance settings and autokiller, but so were many. :confused:

So I am now sporting the absolute latest and greatest of the radioware. As soon as ASOP finishes his magic I will be on the latest and greatest ROM as well! :cool:

Thank you for posting that, I may have to try this next week :) I just recently fried my sdcard by dropping my phone pretty hard on cement, and of course the phone survived with nothing but a scratch on the back cover :D

I'm gonna have a fresh sdcard, the latest and greatest rom, the latest recovery, and the latest PRI/PRL :D:D

I just felt something warm run down my leg...

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA Premium App

Neo31697

Apr 22, 2010
Illinois
Mine did the same thing at home was usually 70 -80% then for a week or 2 I was stuck at 6% if I was lucky, called sprint and they said there was nothing wrong with there towers well this week I back up to 75+% kinda funny how that worked, oh and I didn't do anything to the phone

Sent from my AOSP HTC HERO

waffle_

Mar 7, 2011
Gainesville, FL
I have no idea why but I fully charged my phone and then unplugged it, changed my CPU settings from a maximum of 691 to 710 and then all of the sudden my phone drops 24% battery life in two minutes.

24%........ two minutes...........

The phone wasn't even remotely hot either.

oldjackbob

Jun 5, 2010

Learned something...

Genuser, how can I tell what PRI I'm on, and also specifically how do I update it after RUU?

johnsonjs

Jun 29, 2010
Genuser, how can I tell what PRI I'm on, and also specifically how do I update it after RUU?

24601 is right. There's no way to check your PRI under the current build. After you RUU go to settings - about phone - system updates and hit HTC software update. You'll be immediately prompted to update the software which will give you the latest PRI, PRL and radio.

johnsonjs

Jun 29, 2010

Learned something...

Wow, I'm sure glad you posted this! I had been flashing Liquidsense every couple weeks to update the latest PRL/profile etc. and while my PRL was up to date at 60677, and latest radio, my PRI was 2.20_003 :eek:

Unfortunately the 2.65_003 PRI didn't fix my sucky signal I've had the past couple of days, but it's good to know my phone is up to date. Maybe it's gotta 'adjust' or something to the new settings. Yeah, that's it!

ULoveAriana

Oct 30, 2010
In your fridge eating YOUR food
I have no idea why but I fully charged my phone and then unplugged it, changed my CPU settings from a maximum of 691 to 710 and then all of the sudden my phone drops 24% battery life in two minutes.

24%........ two minutes...........

The phone wasn't even remotely hot either.

Geesh...that's so insane

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aBGH3.png
    pjJo2.png
    YUdXp.png
    pNATR.png
    oYe53.png
    5Swi6.png
    PQW3e.png
    1W5Bm.png
    9wYtk.png
    nnok0.png
    oIxgu.png
    Fntz4.png

MD5:
    gapps-gb-20110325-signed.zip
    MD5: 4cbe712c0bde778fb7f2d32d32b57dd8

MD5:
    [GPL] Kernel Source

HOWTO Logcat
    Code:
    [CENTER][B][U]PC via ADB:[/U][/B]
    adb logcat > /path/logcat.txt
    ctrl+c

[B][U]Phone via Terminal emulator:[/U][/B]
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt 
    press the trackball (for ctrl) and c to end the output.[/CENTER]
    ]​
    if your market isn't downloading correctly donate all your money to s0be ;P!

He is the man and fixed it.

Here is the s0be's fix

1. adb shell
    2. su
    3. mkdir /cache/download
    4. chown system:cache /cache/download
    5. chmod ug+rwx /cache/download
    6. chmod a+x /cache/download

Then the market should download.

Added to the WIKI under Gapps Info. :D:D:D
    working on it fellas :D

Re4gk.png
    ladies and gents 3/08 is up let me know if its any quicker if not i have a few other tricks up my sleeve to try dont know why but i just refuse to give up on the heroC :eek:
    links up fellas enjoy ;)