• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM]AospEvoSense-Sense with JIT(OTA update 1.47.651.1 w/JIT option)

Search This thread

Ceger

Nov 10, 2007
Just a note to anyone simply adding JIT to another ROM that has an updater program. If you want the updater to properly recognize your ROM and show available themes, then you will need to edit the build.prop file in the package with the identifiers needed by your ROM.

Just an FYI.

For an example based on using Fresh 0.5.3...

This is for 0.5.3, so you might need to adjust according to whatever version you are running.

In the JIT build.prop, look for the line...

ro.build.description=1.32.651.6 CL171253 release-keys

Replace with...

# ro.build.description=1.32.651.6 CL171253 release-keys
ro.build.description=Fresh Evo 0.5.3 by flipz
# fresh updater
ro.rommanager.developerid=flipz
ro.modversion=FreshEvo-0.5.3

That provides the correct build number under software information, and the correct info that updater is looking for. If you want, I am pretty sure you can change the second line to anything you want, such as "Awesome Supersonic ROM" or whatever. It is the lines below that the Fresh Updater needs, or so I believe. Regardless, it is a painless process outside of rebooting your machine when you run the jit enabler bat file.

Ceger

Last edited:

johnpucillo

Sep 3, 2009
LBI, NJ
Trying to install this ROM with hopes of getting JIT to work. I flashed and attempted to "Next" thru the set up but I keep getting a FC on the set-up process on the 3rd screen in and I can't get past it. I am trying to re-wipe everything and do it again right now. Hold on a sec...
OK it worked the 2nd time thru. I was immediately asked if I wanted to update the system and I said no. I'm gonna try to enable JIT now with the script included in the zip

edit- Experienced 5 fc's in about 20 mins. Odd thing was it was Sense that kept force closing. I will definitely revisit this ROM after some of the kinks are worked out, love the speed

Last edited:

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
I have a weird issue I am running into. It doesn't happen all the time but once and awhile its like my touch screen goes crazy. Ill be in a apparently and it will start pressing stuff on its own..its very weird and its random apps.

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
Oh just a small suggestion. The apps that you add could you move them to /data/app/ instead of /system/app/ ?

Reason being is when i update those apps then the updated version goes to app/data and i have a redundant version of the app in system not doing anything but taking up space.

Edit. Just noticed there is no exchange calendar sync support bummer i need that :(

True01

Dec 8, 2007
Thanks for the ROM!!! :)

I keep getting a missing file notice.

system/app/WidgetDownloadManager.odex

and it aborts installation. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Edit.. Think I figured it out. ROM isn't signed so I need to use Clockwork recovery to flash it instead of Amon RA. I think! :)

Last edited:

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
Oh just a small suggestion. The apps that you add could you move them to /data/app/ instead of /system/app/ ?

Reason being is when i update those apps then the updated version goes to app/data and i have a redundant version of the app in system not doing anything but taking up space.

Edit. Just noticed there is no exchange calendar sync support bummer i need that :(

I meant to do that. Do you want me to upload the CorpCal.apk(Corporate Calendar) to see if that will work?

YACO

Apr 12, 2008
im getting txt messages from 9016 for push items? (voice messages, provisioning) with the 1.2 with sense...

anyone else?

mrkmrk

May 19, 2010
Austin, TX.
Works pretty damn well, but it does crash often--especially when I'm doing something like typing a long message wherein I wouldn't ant it to crash >_<. AndChat also doesn't seem to play nice with it. But that's not JIT's fault, I don't think.

wrxphantom

Oct 4, 2009
New York
i got JIT working via recovery. Flash JIT.zip and its all good.

as for the battery icon. only comes on when you plug it into the charger. when you unplug it you get the EAR icon.

we need a fix for this please.

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
yes, at least i'd like to use it...

apparently the htc message app had something that caught them or something. i hear some users use handcent sms and turn off stock notifications and that works.

personally if you want a real vvm solution sign up for the free youmail.com. there is even a youmail app in the market. i would pay money for this service..its that good..i dont do none of txt transcription stuff i just like the vvm app. the stuff you can customize on the web page and through the app is very impressive.

Last edited: