Jorge_8

Jan 30, 2016
Title - [ROM] AospExtended Oreo & Pie [UNOFFICIAL]

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Read the whole OP! Be respectful to each other and don't ask for ETAs, it's considered as being rude!

AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX with various customizations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box. We will constantly try to add more features and make it even better in future updates. A ROM by a user, for a user. #StayAOSP #ExtendYourDevice #BeExtended

#ExtendYourDevice Here are the Extensions! on top of AOSP! We are constantly trying to update the list. Our aim is not to provide all the features available on earth. We are not thinking of cherry-picking every feature out there. Our aim is to add important features that we think should be here and also what you think. For addition of more tweaks or features, head on to our G+ community and post the list of features that you want! Features with commits will be more helpful!

Download ROM, GApps here for your device!

Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen (2014)

Open GApps

Want to try this awesomeness?

Code:
[b]-Download the ROM and GApps of your choice
-Backup each and every partition from TWRP Recovery
-Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
-Flash AEX Package
-Install GAPPS package
-Wipe cache!
-And at last Reboot!
[First boot will take few minutes! Have patience]
Clean Flash is always recommended![/b]

In the next post!

If you want any bug to be fixed please write here on xda in detail. Give Logcats, mention your device name, mention if any mods and kernels, if used and please be specific about it. By helping us, you are helping yourself too.

Visit our Website, join our Google+ Community, Subscribe to our Telegram Channel. Also join our Telegram Group Chat!

Do you want to translate to your language? Visit our Crowdin

All sort of contributions are welcomed. You can post your walls in our G+ community. Minimum res we require is W: 1152px | H: 2048px. We don't want our users to fight with each other so we humbly request you to be respectful to each other. We are not earning anything by sharing this ROM. Always read the full OP. Don't Quote the whole OP. Join our channel and community. #StayHappy #ExtendYourDevice

Checkout this ROM!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.png

People behind this amazing ROM!

-@ishubhamsingh(Owner/Dev/Designer)
-JDC Team
-DirtyUnicorns
-LineageOS/Cyanogenmod
-TeamSubstratum
-Nitrogen Project
-Pure Nexus
-OmniROM
-AOSPA
-ABC ROM
-GZR Community
-Lakor Tools for Via Browser
-Hemanth S Tobi for Retro Music Player
-@AlienCreature7 and @Wizper99 (For designing the ROM Logo, Fling etc)

Special thanks for
-@Allstargaurav For the device tree, without its device tree, this rom would not be possible for my part
-@RenanQueiroz For continuing to work for Moto G 2014, and all the corrections that keeps adding
-@Demetris For helping me work on the tree
And to all those who contribute or have contributed in the development of for this device

I guess there is nothing wrong in reading facts!

-Base Of the ROM & Version?
->Rom is based on AOSP.

-Why no "Incremental/Delta updates" Support?
->Actually the updates we provide monthly are heavily changed and modified than the previous builds. New stuff is merged and added. So we don't provide incremental updates and recommend a clean flash.

-Does this ROM Support Substratum?
->Yes, full Substratum support!

-Which Gapps are recommended?
->OpenGapps

-Will this ROM relock the bootloader?
->No.

-What about XPOSED?
->XPOSED is still in beta stage. We like Xposed but it messes up with the system so before giving any bug reports make sure you have Xposed uninstalled.

-When Will Be the Next Update?
->No ETAs, please. ROM Will be updated whenever the new build is ready by your maintainer. We generally provide monthly updates with latest security patches and new features.

-I am facing FCs, Bugs, Some feature is broken?
->Provide full info about your problem with logcat and the procedure to reproduce it.
->How to take Logcats?
https://goo.gl/UcTM9 and https://goo.gl/J4CSEP

-Adaway is not working :(
->Download it from here Adaway

-SElinux Linux mode changer app is not working nor Busy Box installer app is working.
->Everything is good with the sources. You should try other things first and then contact your maintainer.

-I want to contribute to the development of this ROM.
->Join our Google+ community
->Join our Telegram group chat

-I want to contribute to the translation of this ROM.
->Visit our Crowdin

//Thread designed by Shubham Singh and Amol Amrit//

Last edited:

teco10

Oct 3, 2017
Paraná
Changelogs

Whats working!!

+Wifi
+RIL
+Mobile data
+GPS
+Bluetooth
+Camera
+Flashlight
+FMRadio
+Lights
+Sound
+Vibration
+Video Camera Rec HAL1
Thanks RenanQueiroz and AdrianDC for fix
+Offline Charging
Thanks RenanQueiroz for fix

Whats not working!!

-HDR Camera

Hello guy!
First congratulations for the work.
Tell me, which root works best on this rom, magisk, superSu or Addonsu?

Hug.

Reactions: Jorge_8

Jorge_8

Jan 30, 2016
Hello guy!

Hug.
Personally I use supersu, magisk I had problems with 7.x.x for some time and I have never used it, and the addonsu I think it is for LineageOS, I do not know if it works in this rom, supersu works very well for me

Regards!!

Jorge_8 Why is not it official?
I could make it official, I would only have to change the unofficial one by official, that's the only thing that changes the rom, but I have made it unofficial because I have never contacted Ishubhamsingh the developer of AEX and I do not know if I would agree if I published the rom like official without contacting with the before, Allstargaurav that is the one that I modify the device tree to compile the rom AEX correctly and the device tree that I use to compile the rom, when I publish the previous version in the thread of Demetris contact with me in case I wanted to make it official because he did not have another server to compile it, answer his message but I have not received any response yet, that's why I make it unofficial at the moment

Regards!!

BachuArg

Feb 24, 2011
Buenos Aires
Hello guy!

Hug.
I've flashed the rom a couple of hours ago.
Im trying it with magisk. Not felt nay lag or anything strange. I just use supersu to get root browser and adaway.

For the moment, the rom works perfectly!
Its great to have AEX and OREO

Thanks @Jorge_8 for your work!

teco10

Oct 3, 2017
Paraná
I've flashed the rom a couple of hours ago.
Im trying it with magisk. Not felt nay lag or anything strange. I just use supersu to get root browser and adaway.

For the moment, the rom works perfectly!
Its great to have AEX and OREO

Thanks @Jorge_8 for your work!
Hello Friend.

Okay, by the time I get home I'm going to test the magisk.

Thank you

hab12345

Feb 22, 2018
Culiacán
Upgrading from 5.4

Hello guys!
First, congratulations for this amazing ROM to @Jorge_8 and all credited developers...:)

Right now I'm using AospExtended ROM V5.4 [TITAN] By nithin chandra as a daily driver for 2 months so far,
If want to flash this AEX 5.6.... Do I have to clean flash?
I mean if I make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik) I will lose all apps and data, but I dont want to lose some apps and their data.

Is it posible to keep some apps?
What steps should I do?

it's my first time doing this, so please be patience... :D

Jorge_8

Jan 30, 2016
Hello guys!
First, congratulations for this amazing ROM to @Jorge_8 and all credited developers...:)

Right now I'm using AospExtended ROM V5.4 [TITAN] By nithin chandra as a daily driver for 2 months so far,
If want to flash this AEX 5.6.... Do I have to clean flash?
I mean if I make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik) I will lose all apps and data, but I dont want to lose some apps and their data.

Is it posible to keep some apps?
What steps should I do?

it's my first time doing this, so please be patience... :D
The best thing when you do a new installation and the recommenentable is to completely clean the device, system, data, dalvik, cache ... but if you want to keep some apps and your data you can try, or flashing the rom that you have installed right now , do not make sure it works, or download titanium backup (root), make backup of the applications that interest you, do a complete cleaning, install the rom and once you have the installed rom restore the applications with titanium backup (root)

Make a backup of the rom before flashing the rom without cleaning, if you install it in this way, so if you have any problem restore the backup

Regards!!

Lo mejor cuando haces una instalacion nueva y lo recomentable es limpiar completamente el dispositivo, system, data, dalvik, cache... pero si quieres conservar algunas apps y sus datos puedes probar, o flasheando la rom encima de la que ahora mismo tienes instalada, no te aseguro que funcione, o descargar titanium backup (root), hacer copia de seguridad de las aplicaciones que te interesen, hacer una limpieza completa, instalar la rom y una vez tengas la rom instalada restauras las aplicaciones con titanium backup (root)

Haz una copia de seguridad de la rom antes de flashear la rom sin hacer limpieza, si es que la instalas de esta manera, asi si tienes algun problema restauras la copia de seguridad

Saludos!!

Jorge_8

Jan 30, 2016
If I'm currently on a Nougat ROM, do I have to do anything about the version of the bootloader or twrp, before I wipe and flash this rom?
The only thing you have to do is install the latest version of the TWRP recovery for Titan, and do the same cleaning steps that you did when you installed the rom nougat

P.S. If you want the TWRP 3.2.1-0 for titan flasheable by recovery I just posted it on the thread of the rom Resurrection Remix
P.S.2 If you flash it through the same recovery the TWRP, after flashing it reboots again to the recovery to load the new version

Regards!!

Last edited:
Reactions: TrippyEngine

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2013
The only thing you have to do is install the latest version of the TWRP recovery for Titan, and do the same cleaning steps that you did when you installed the rom nougat

P.S. If you want the TWRP 3.2.1-0 for titan flasheable by recovery I just posted it on the thread of the rom Resurrection Remix
P.S.2 If you flash it through the same recovery the TWRP, after flashing it reboots again to the recovery to load the new version

Regards!!
Hey @Jorge_8, as you probably know I'm on your 5.5 build. Clean flash recommended also? I think it's the best choice isn't it?
And congrats to your own thread!
Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs

sapo_joe

Oct 4, 2016
Hey @Jorge_8, as you probably know I'm on your 5.5 build. Clean flash recommended also? I think it's the best choice isn't it?
Sorry to be intrusive, but I have a theory on this. If the ROM is from the same developer, it probably shares the same device tree, etc... So it's OK to dirty flash it. Only do a dalvik cache cleaning and I believe you'll be good. And always backup your stuff!

Reactions: Wolfcity

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2013
Sorry to be intrusive, but I have a theory on this. If the ROM is from the same developer, it probably shares the same device tree, etc... So it's OK to dirty flash it. Only do a dalvik cache cleaning and I believe you'll be good. And always backup your stuff!
Most probably you're right, a dirty flash shouldn't cause any trouble. I've got two reasons to sometimes do a clean flash even if it's the same ROM, dev and device tree. One is that I use a clean flash to set up my device freshly, especially if I were on that ROM for a longer interval, maybe tweaked some things, made some experiments or just wanna get rid of some apps I don't use but towing around because I think I do. That's not the case here, I flashed 5.5 just a few days ago.
Second is if there were any bugs, even small ones you have a (minimal) risk to take them to the new build if you do a dirty flash.
As I'm a real flashaholic I usually have my device up and running as before in about an hour after a clean flash, with the help of Swift Backup (really great alternative to Titanium) maybe faster.
So I agree with you, a dirty flash should be possible without inconveniences but maybe I do a clean one for my peace of mind .:)

Jorge_8

Jan 30, 2016
If for me is the best option a complete cleaning when a rom is installed again, what I always do before flashing a rom, is to completely clean everything, including the internal memory, so I assure you that I will not have any problem for remains that can be of other roms installed previously, the only thing that does not clean is the SD card completely, but if I delete the Android folder and LOST.DIR of the SD card

The steps I do are:

1- Swipe to factory reset
2- Format Data = yes
3- Swipe to factory reset again, XD
4- I'm going to Advanced Wipe
Dalvik / ART Cache
Cache
Data
Internal Storage
System
5- Swipe to factory reset again, XD

And then I install the rom, these are the steps I do whenever I install a rom

Regards!!

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2013
If for me is the best option a complete cleaning when a rom is installed again, what I always do before flashing a rom, is to completely clean everything, including the internal memory, so I assure you that I will not have any problem for remains that can be of other roms installed previously, the only thing that does not clean is the SD card completely, but if I delete the Android folder and LOST.DIR of the SD card

The steps I do are:

1- Swipe to factory reset
2- Format Data = yes
3- Swipe to factory reset again, XD
4- I'm going to Advanced Wipe
Dalvik / ART Cache
Cache
Data
Internal Storage
System
5- Swipe to factory reset again, XD

And then I install the rom, these are the steps I do whenever I install a rom

Regards!!
I've got the feeling you're a fan of the factory reset feature;)
I clean internal too when I'm coming from another ROM and as I have almost all my data like music, pictures,zips etc on my SD it's not a big deal.

Jorge_8

Jan 30, 2016
I've got the feeling you're a fan of the factory reset feature;)
I clean internal too when I'm coming from another ROM and as I have almost all my data like music, pictures,zips etc on my SD it's not a big deal.

I'm a maniac, if I do not do these steps I'm not happy, and if I forget a step I start again, am I sick? ajajajaj

Regards!!