• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] aospMod | AOSP 2.2.1 (Froyo)

Search This thread

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
No. The theme chooser is specific to CM7.

with froyo the issue would be that any cm7 theme wouldn't work right since everything in froyo is inside the framework-Res instead of a combo with the systemUI so the redirects wouldn't work

So to reinforce what liquid said its going to be a gingerbread thing

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

ehiggins

Feb 6, 2010
Well I flashed this back after getting tired of GPS signal lost on all the gingerbread varieties.

I used it for fifty minutes with the screen off and on at different times, no gps signal lost no trouble drawing maps.

Maps version 5.7.0, setcpu 352-652, with aggressive set on autokiller memory optimizer.

I had forgotten how smooth this rom was, it runs great. GPS has given me no troubles, and I'm completely happy with how the phone is working...which is why my nexus s 4g will be here in a few days. I found one for a great deal on ebay and at the time I was frustrated with GPS signal lost and freecaddie reboots so it was a no brainer but even without it, this rom is great for the hero.

MrDowntown12

May 22, 2010
Flashed back to this cause I wanted smooth butter and I'm having a strange problem I've never had before...

Pressing the home button does not work. Everything else works fine, but the home button won't do anything. Never happened before when I used to run 2.2. And it only happens on 2.2. Button will work on 2.1 and 2.3 but not 2.2. Not Jaybob's 2.2, not this 2.2, not any.

Anyone know why this might be? I've wipe and formatted numerous times and it doesn't help.

edit: also I have an extra hero laying around and that one has the same problem too.

Last edited:

suckoos

Sep 29, 2010
Flashed back to this cause I wanted smooth butter and I'm having a strange problem I've never had before...

Pressing the home button does not work. Everything else works fine, but the home button won't do anything. Never happened before when I used to run 2.2. And it only happens on 2.2. Button will work on 2.1 and 2.3 but not 2.2. Not Jaybob's 2.2, not this 2.2, not any.

Anyone know why this might be? I've wipe and formatted numerous times and it doesn't help.

edit: also I have an extra hero laying around and that one has the same problem too.

I've had that problem before but I reflashed and it worked fine for me. Are you using FR? If so are your settings for FR correct? I've had that cause weird issues for me before. I'm not sure why this is but I know I've had it happen.

rubyknight

Sep 19, 2010
Sevierville TN
No I don't use fr. No real tweaks or mods on my phone. I really wanna use 2.2 cause it was so smooth

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

I flashed back to froyo with the same dream but it was a lie... The smoothest rom out there really is the omgb 1.2.0 (not to be confused with omfgb). Froyo just isn't as smooth and has a slight memory leak.

Sent from my wildheroc using XDA Premium App

LiquidSolstice

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2008
I flashed back to froyo with the same dream but it was a lie... The smoothest rom out there really is the omgb 1.2.0 (not to be confused with omfgb). Froyo just isn't as smooth and has a slight memory leak.

Sent from my wildheroc using XDA Premium App

Put on deca's uncapped 589 and you'll eat those words. This was the single smoothest ROM in terms of GUI framerate and speed that I've ever used. Not a single GB ROM has been anywhere near it.

MrDowntown12

May 22, 2010
Yeah i agree, I tried that omgb before but it wasn't what I wanted. This one is immaculate. If if could just get the home button to work i'd be gravy.

There's gotta be something that's causing it. I mean it's not the phone cause other rooms work fine, it's just with 2.2 all of a sudden.

ehusidic

Jul 27, 2010
Fort Wayne
Put on deca's uncapped 589 and you'll eat those words. This was the single smoothest ROM in terms of GUI framerate and speed that I've ever used. Not a single GB ROM has been anywhere near it.

Im running decas uncapped with this rom and its the smoothest rom out there. I've tried every rom and find myself coming back to 2.2.1 every time.

jmartin72

Feb 12, 2009
Im running decas uncapped with this rom and its the smoothest rom out there. I've tried every rom and find myself coming back to 2.2.1 every time.

Me too. I flash others to check them out, but when I just want my phone to be fast and work, I come back to this ROM every time. NO ONE has made one this good yet!

bob0builder

Apr 12, 2008

What's this "deca's uncapped 589" ?

Is this it?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=756774

Seems to be the correct link. I installed the OC and the phone still boots.

I don't have the SetCPU tool, do I have to download it (its not free)?

Last edited:

Azrith

Dec 16, 2009
GV crashes?

I went back to this bad boy because as others have said - it's the fastest rom, period.

BUT just started getting constant crashes with GV? Anyone else seeing this with the latest GV? Maybe it's just my setup?

ehusidic

Jul 27, 2010
Fort Wayne
I went back to this bad boy because as others have said - it's the fastest rom, period.

BUT just started getting constant crashes with GV? Anyone else seeing this with the latest GV? Maybe it's just my setup?

I'm guessing your talking about google voice? If so yes i have experienced that problem too. It happened when I updated voice i get constant fc's. I dont know why it happens but luckily i had the previous version backed up so I uninstalled the latest and installed the old version and it works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Z8BRx.png
    FGF8d.png
    2NrZT.png
    cuFR1.png
    lgKBL.png
    gBqUw.png
    yowNS.png
    4wLPT.png
    QpEx1.png
    dRgPu.png
    [
    ufwfO.png
    ifG8U.png
    MOG0C.png
    6KIf7.png
    E4LGE.png

aospMod-v0.9.9.2-signed.zip
    MD5: 9a8251f37c6c66dd76b20fb93caed23d
    gapps-mdpi-20101213-signed.zip
    MD5: 7ac6f9482ac69211dcb46434e49f6877
    PassionQuickOffice.apk
    [GPL] Kernel Source

HOWTO Logcat
    Code:
    [CENTER][B][U]PC via ADB:[/U][/B]
    adb logcat > /path/logcat.txt
    ctrl+c

[B][U]Phone via Terminal emulator:[/U][/B]
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt 
    press the trackball (for ctrl) and c to end the output.[/CENTER]
    thanks for replies, going to nandroid, wipe davlik, and let it whirl. noticed new gapps mini. anything changed?

GD I love the speed of AOSP's ROM. Makes the Hero far faster than anything that preceded it. I wonder if there is any significant jump in speed in terms of pure browsing now versus the Evo.

Indicdentally, anyone know of any good themes that somewhat resemble the NFX-Hero 2.2.1.update1 ODEX? Really all I want is a black status bar. White/Grey kinda gives that windows 2000 vibe.

updated market all other updated gapps you can get from the market;)
    What's differant in 9.9.2?

i removed debugging and development related apps, files etc to once again try to make aospMod more leaner and meaner for you guys code is updated with latest android source and a few more things enjoy ;)
    No problem, feel free to use the new thanks button as opposed to posts ;) :D

are we running a popularity contest now:p
    Circle Battery Mod for V0.9.9.2

I redid the battery mod for AospMod V0.9.9.2 but I think the last one from V0.9.8 will work also as the framework didn't change.

7NtZ4.png