• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] aospMod | AOSP 2.2.1 (Froyo)

Search This thread

Azrith

Dec 16, 2009
Yeah - sorry I was not clear - Google Voice is what I was talking about. I noticed there was an update today and I got excited thinking it was going to be fixed, but alas no. Still crashing on receives, open, etc. DARN!

Azrith

Dec 16, 2009

Oh bless you!

I was playing around with 2.3 builds again and I can't help think they are retarded monkeys compared to this ROM SPEED wise. I mean they are neat because they are monkeys and even the retarded ones are pretty cool. Heck, you might not even notice they are retarded if you don't know what a non-retarded monkey looks like (this ROM). Anyways - enough with the monkeys.

P.S. - no slight to the devs who continue to work on 2.3, those ROMs have their place and features that take it beyond this ROMs capabilities and I've donated to several 2.3 devs. I just think our hardware more or less peaked with this ROM from what I've seen.

chinaboyintexas

Nov 20, 2008
Oh bless you!

I was playing around with 2.3 builds again and I can't help think they are retarded monkeys compared to this ROM SPEED wise. I mean they are neat because they are monkeys and even the retarded ones are pretty cool. Heck, you might not even notice they are retarded if you don't know what a non-retarded monkey looks like (this ROM). Anyways - enough with the monkeys.

P.S. - no slight to the devs who continue to work on 2.3, those ROMs have their place and features that take it beyond this ROMs capabilities and I've donated to several 2.3 devs. I just think our hardware more or less peaked with this ROM from what I've seen.

Yeah man been needing that apk for a while. And yeah, I'd have to say that after downgrading (upgrading?) back to Froyo from Ginger, the speeds are ridiculous. The Hero just feels more at home on Froyo. Thanks to AOSP as always.

All that being said.. here's a question I've been searching for a good 20 mins on the forums for:

WHERE DID MY MUSIC CONTROL VOLUME BUTTONS GO? i.e. when the screen's off and I want to skip tracks using the volume buttons so I don't have to turn on the screen and press on something. It's distracting while driving. hahah

rast4man

Dec 28, 2009
God's Waiting Room - Florida
Yeah man been needing that apk for a while. And yeah, I'd have to say that after downgrading (upgrading?) back to Froyo from Ginger, the speeds are ridiculous. The Hero just feels more at home on Froyo. Thanks to AOSP as always.

I tried to go back to Froyo from GB and the way I personally have my 2.3.5 set up, it in no way compares to Froyo. The speed I get out of my GB/2.3.5 with the ROM, Firerat's MTD Partition Script and the line of V6 Supercharger Scripts is pretty intense as far as speed. I don't ever see myself going back to Froyo after being used to the speed of my Hero on Gingerbread!

Did you try any of those scripts with a newer ROM by chance?

ehusidic

Jul 27, 2010
Fort Wayne
Has anybody tried the v6/v8 script with this rom? I run this rom with decas uncapped kernel with the v2.2 battery tweak and its very smooth and fast but I was wondering what else I could squeeze out of this phone with my current setup.

ehusidic

Jul 27, 2010
Fort Wayne
Has anybody tried the v6/v8 script with this rom? I run this rom with decas uncapped kernel with the v2.2 battery tweak and its very smooth and fast but I was wondering what else I could squeeze out of this phone with my current setup.

I applied the v6 supercharger tweak and the 3g tweak and this rom is smooth as butter! I didn't think my setup could get any better with this rom but with the v6 tweak it made it so much smoother and I don't experience any lag. Definitely worth looking in to if your still using this rom.

ehusidic

Jul 27, 2010
Fort Wayne
I tried to go back to Froyo from GB and the way I personally have my 2.3.5 set up, it in no way compares to Froyo. The speed I get out of my GB/2.3.5 with the ROM, Firerat's MTD Partition Script and the line of V6 Supercharger Scripts is pretty intense as far as speed. I don't ever see myself going back to Froyo after being used to the speed of my Hero on Gingerbread!

Did you try any of those scripts with a newer ROM by chance?

I tried the v6 script on this rom and it was great so I wondered what it could do to the gingerbread rom. I flashed the latest nightlie and applied the balanced2 v6 script and it seems to be ok. Which are you running? Have you tested them to see which works the best with the gingerbread rom?

dastin1015

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 2, 2010
Chula Vista, CA

All that being said.. here's a question I've been searching for a good 20 mins on the forums for:

WHERE DID MY MUSIC CONTROL VOLUME BUTTONS GO? i.e. when the screen's off and I want to skip tracks using the volume buttons so I don't have to turn on the screen and press on something. It's distracting while driving. hahah

That is a CM7 option.

tjdmobile

Jul 5, 2006
I keep coming back to this ROM because it's snappy (as others have mentioned) and is the last ROM in the evolution which actually geotags photos correctly with the built in and 3rd party camera apps. Yes, it's actually an important feature for me.

The other ROM I go back to is the OEM Sprint 2.1.1 with HTC OEM Kernel. Unfortunately, there are apps I have purchased and use which require 2.2, so here I am.

I get the occasional random reboot which is concerning. I use my phone to track outdoor activities (using My Tracks) and snapping photos along the way. A reboot (or even freeze) leaves me with a huge gap in my track.

Not using any scripts or anything, just Autokiller (on optimal). I like this phone for its camera and FAST GPS locks, just wish it were as stable as any of my other phones. Oh well, I can dream! I have no idea what the devs go through to produce these masterpieces, so I simply marvel at how well it works on AOSP.

-TD

hunter82i

Jan 31, 2010
Does anyone have any idea why android system is causing 1hr12m of partial wake time out of 1hr 52m of up time? My battery lasted four hours today. Flashed from fresh wipe of everything including cache and dalvick.

Thanks for any help.

kyouko

Mar 6, 2010
Does anyone have any idea why android system is causing 1hr12m of partial wake time out of 1hr 52m of up time? My battery lasted four hours today. Flashed from fresh wipe of everything including cache and dalvick.

Thanks for any help.
Have you installed any apps to your phone since the flash/fresh wipe?

Sent from my HERO200 using xda premium

ehusidic

Jul 27, 2010
Fort Wayne
The setup in my signature vs cm7 and the v6 & 3g tweak I'd have to say that this rom takes the win by a landslide. Its so smooth and responsive compared to cm7. Even with my min governor settings at 19k and max at 518k there is no lag. I do not use setCPU I set it like that via batt-cfg with the DecaMODv2.2 battery tweak. Id suggest my setup to anyone who still runs this rom. I like to conserve battery life so that is why my governor settings are low just in case anyone is wondering.

bks0101

Aug 13, 2010
Does sprint visual voicemail work with this rom?

I haven't been able to get Sprint VVM to work reliably with pretty much any ROM since they "merged" or whatever you call it with Google several weeks ago. Google VM works perfect, but they also broke that a week or two ago doing mods for tablets - so unless it's been fixed in the last few days, don't download from the market - get it from the link I posted a page or two ago. It's an older version but works flawlessly as I and others have confirmed. Just my experience and $0.02 worth.....

ehusidic

Jul 27, 2010
Fort Wayne
So guys my days with the hero are coming to an end soon. I am available for an early upgrade on the 18th so I think I will be getting the Epic Touch 4g. What are your inputs on that phone?

rubyknight

Sep 19, 2010
Sevierville TN
So guys my days with the hero are coming to an end soon. I am available for an early upgrade on the 18th so I think I will be getting the Epic Touch 4g. What are your inputs on that phone?

It's a beast, but it really depends on what your using it for. Me personally I'm waiting for something comparable with an HTC logo on it but that's just me...

Edit: The best advice really is to not to believe the hype... Wait till it comes out and see what people think of it before you spend your money and the next 2 years on it...

Last edited:

ehusidic

Jul 27, 2010
Fort Wayne
It's a beast, but it really depends on what your using it for. Me personally I'm waiting for something comparable with an HTC logo on it but that's just me...

Edit: The best advice really is to not to believe the hype... Wait till it comes out and see what people think of it before you spend your money and the next 2 years on it...

The specs say it should be a good phone. 1.2 dualcore processor 8mp camera with 2mp front face camera can record up to 1080p 4.52 inch super amoled plus screen and its really thin. Idk sounds like a good phone to me. Weighs less than the hero too

Majin101

May 8, 2010
it may sound good but what phone doesn't. As said as the previous post, just wait until people actual try it. Even if you have an early upgrade, 2 years is a long run make it worth it !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Z8BRx.png
    FGF8d.png
    2NrZT.png
    cuFR1.png
    lgKBL.png
    gBqUw.png
    yowNS.png
    4wLPT.png
    QpEx1.png
    dRgPu.png
    [
    ufwfO.png
    ifG8U.png
    MOG0C.png
    6KIf7.png
    E4LGE.png

aospMod-v0.9.9.2-signed.zip
    MD5: 9a8251f37c6c66dd76b20fb93caed23d
    gapps-mdpi-20101213-signed.zip
    MD5: 7ac6f9482ac69211dcb46434e49f6877
    PassionQuickOffice.apk
    [GPL] Kernel Source

HOWTO Logcat
    Code:
    [CENTER][B][U]PC via ADB:[/U][/B]
    adb logcat > /path/logcat.txt
    ctrl+c

[B][U]Phone via Terminal emulator:[/U][/B]
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt 
    press the trackball (for ctrl) and c to end the output.[/CENTER]
    thanks for replies, going to nandroid, wipe davlik, and let it whirl. noticed new gapps mini. anything changed?

GD I love the speed of AOSP's ROM. Makes the Hero far faster than anything that preceded it. I wonder if there is any significant jump in speed in terms of pure browsing now versus the Evo.

Indicdentally, anyone know of any good themes that somewhat resemble the NFX-Hero 2.2.1.update1 ODEX? Really all I want is a black status bar. White/Grey kinda gives that windows 2000 vibe.

updated market all other updated gapps you can get from the market;)
    What's differant in 9.9.2?

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

i removed debugging and development related apps, files etc to once again try to make aospMod more leaner and meaner for you guys code is updated with latest android source and a few more things enjoy ;)
    No problem, feel free to use the new thanks button as opposed to posts ;) :D

are we running a popularity contest now:p
    Circle Battery Mod for V0.9.9.2

I redid the battery mod for AospMod V0.9.9.2 but I think the last one from V0.9.8 will work also as the framework didn't change.

7NtZ4.png