[ROM] aospMod | AOSP 2.2.1 (Froyo)

Search This thread

rubyknight

Sep 19, 2010
Sevierville TN
The specs say it should be a good phone. 1.2 dualcore processor 8mp camera with 2mp front face camera can record up to 1080p 4.52 inch super amoled plus screen and its really thin. Idk sounds like a good phone to me. Weighs less than the hero too

Yes, the specs sound great, but so did the 3vo's specs 2 months ago. And 2 months from now another new phone will be leaked and its specs will sound great lol. My personal opinion is that the specs of most new monster phones are more and more impressive on paper but they are all different in the real world.

Take the Evo and the Epic for example. When they compared them a while back they did linpack tests and quadrant scores etc. etc. and said the Samsung scored a little better and people got hyped over it. But fast forward to today and HTC has the highest customer satisfaction by far over Samsung and any other Android maker(the only company ahead of them was Apple, and who the heck wants one of those?:rolleyes:). Nowadays you really need to check the software before you compare the hardware and the newest versions of HTC Sense just kick Samsung's software to the floor. If the Samsung has a slightly better screen or is slightly lighter is it really that much better if in actual use its not any good?

ehusidic

Jul 27, 2010
Fort Wayne
Yes, the specs sound great, but so did the 3vo's specs 2 months ago. And 2 months from now another new phone will be leaked and its specs will sound great lol. My personal opinion is that the specs of most new monster phones are more and more impressive on paper but they are all different in the real world.

Take the Evo and the Epic for example. When they compared them a while back they did linpack tests and quadrant scores etc. etc. and said the Samsung scored a little better and people got hyped over it. But fast forward to today and HTC has the highest customer satisfaction by far over Samsung and any other Android maker(the only company ahead of them was Apple, and who the heck wants one of those?:rolleyes:). Nowadays you really need to check the software before you compare the hardware and the newest versions of HTC Sense just kick Samsung's software to the floor. If the Samsung has a slightly better screen or is slightly lighter is it really that much better if in actual use its not any good?

You raise some good points. I would have to put up with the stupid TouchWiz 4.0 until they rooted it and got some roms going. I had the Samsung Moment and I loved that phone. I'm a fan of both HTC and Samsung. My brother has the Evo and loves it. I think the Epic Touch will one up the Evo 4G.

rubyknight

Sep 19, 2010
Sevierville TN
You raise some good points. I would have to put up with the stupid TouchWiz 4.0 until they rooted it and got some roms going. I had the Samsung Moment and I loved that phone. I'm a fan of both HTC and Samsung. My brother has the Evo and loves it. I think the Epic Touch will one up the Evo 4G.

Yeah for sure it will top the EVO 4G and EVO 3D but will it top the new HTC phones? HTC has a new 1.5ghz phone coming up very soon and the new version of Android is coming out in a couple months so who knows what all is coming out from all phone makers. 1.4 and 1.5 ghz dual core phones with huge software upgrades are just around the corner.

Sent from my HERO200 using xda premium

rubyknight

Sep 19, 2010
Sevierville TN
Yeah for sure it will top the EVO 4G and EVO 3D but will it top the new HTC phones? HTC has a new 1.5ghz phone coming up very soon and the new version of Android is coming out in a couple months so who knows what all is coming out from all phone makers. 1.4 and 1.5 ghz dual core phones with huge software upgrades are just around the corner.

Teehee, a good example is the HTC Sensation EX that was just announced. 1.5 ghz dual core with Beats Audio System(majorly kickass) and probably sense 3.5. It'll be in Europe this month ;) That instantly makes the Epic Touch look like a shiny dog turd :)

Edit: HTC and Sprint both have big announcements coming up (ie. LTE 4G, iPhone 5, and god knows what other goodies). Based on past history, Sprint definitely has a beast phone up its sleeve coming up. The Epic Touch will be outdated before it hits the shelves.

Last edited:

ehusidic

Jul 27, 2010
Fort Wayne
Teehee, a good example is the HTC Sensation EX that was just announced. 1.5 ghz dual core with Beats Audio System(majorly kickass) and probably sense 3.5. It'll be in Europe this month ;) That instantly makes the Epic Touch look like a shiny dog turd :)

Edit: HTC and Sprint both have big announcements coming up (ie. LTE 4G, iPhone 5, and god knows what other goodies). Based on past history, Sprint definitely has a beast phone up its sleeve coming up. The Epic Touch will be outdated before it hits the shelves.

I think a big one for me is style. I love how the epic touch looks. As long as someone roots the epic touch I think it will be a great phone. 10/1/11 is my upgrade but Sprint offers early upgrades here so on the 18th I am hoping to get it unless something changes my mind that is a must have.

rubyknight

Sep 19, 2010
Sevierville TN
I think a big one for me is style. I love how the epic touch looks. As long as someone roots the epic touch I think it will be a great phone. 10/1/11 is my upgrade but Sprint offers early upgrades here so on the 18th I am hoping to get it unless something changes my mind that is a must have.

Go for it, its a great phone most likely. If you like the style then you really shouldn't have any issues. Just be prepared not to drool on the next generation that'll hit the shelves a month later. Make sure that you won't regret it later lol because your stuck with it for 2 years

ehusidic

Jul 27, 2010
Fort Wayne
Go for it, its a great phone most likely. If you like the style then you really shouldn't have any issues. Just be prepared not to drool on the next generation that'll hit the shelves a month later. Make sure that you won't regret it later lol because your stuck with it for 2 years

Lol of course. If something comes out within 30 days of me getting the phone that blows this phone out of the water then I'll swap it out.

Majin101

May 8, 2010
well i just might o_O haha after i try the 2.3 sense rom again, been hopping roms lately getting ready to find a stable rom for my extended battery that should arrive in a few days >=O

rubyknight

Sep 19, 2010
Sevierville TN
well i just might o_O haha after i try the 2.3 sense rom again, been hopping roms lately getting ready to find a stable rom for my extended battery that should arrive in a few days >=O

I got curious and tested it last night and everything seems snappy and working. Autofocus on the camera is broken but everything else seems to work.

drlzanej

Feb 23, 2011
Yeah :/ I tried running this rom all morning and the .35 kernel is definitely nice. Its still not as snappy over all as jaybobs gingerbread rom or 2.1 liquidsense I don't think.

im thinking the autofocus issue has something to do with the .35 9\10 kernel. still not enough to keep me from running it tho lol

clutterking

Jan 15, 2010
No matter how much I try to like newer ROMs I keep coming back to this one. Nothing compares in terms of speed.

Majin101

May 8, 2010
Ok, so i agree that this rom is really fast but I can't get my storage to stick. I do the firerats (120 18) says i have like 200+ storage but after download a few apps its start to say "error insuffiencient storage"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Z8BRx.png
    FGF8d.png
    2NrZT.png
    cuFR1.png
    lgKBL.png
    gBqUw.png
    yowNS.png
    4wLPT.png
    QpEx1.png
    dRgPu.png
    [
    ufwfO.png
    ifG8U.png
    MOG0C.png
    6KIf7.png
    E4LGE.png

aospMod-v0.9.9.2-signed.zip
    MD5: 9a8251f37c6c66dd76b20fb93caed23d
    gapps-mdpi-20101213-signed.zip
    MD5: 7ac6f9482ac69211dcb46434e49f6877
    PassionQuickOffice.apk
    [GPL] Kernel Source

HOWTO Logcat
    Code:
    [CENTER][B][U]PC via ADB:[/U][/B]
    adb logcat > /path/logcat.txt
    ctrl+c

[B][U]Phone via Terminal emulator:[/U][/B]
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt 
    press the trackball (for ctrl) and c to end the output.[/CENTER]
    thanks for replies, going to nandroid, wipe davlik, and let it whirl. noticed new gapps mini. anything changed?

GD I love the speed of AOSP's ROM. Makes the Hero far faster than anything that preceded it. I wonder if there is any significant jump in speed in terms of pure browsing now versus the Evo.

Indicdentally, anyone know of any good themes that somewhat resemble the NFX-Hero 2.2.1.update1 ODEX? Really all I want is a black status bar. White/Grey kinda gives that windows 2000 vibe.

updated market all other updated gapps you can get from the market;)
    What's differant in 9.9.2?

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

i removed debugging and development related apps, files etc to once again try to make aospMod more leaner and meaner for you guys code is updated with latest android source and a few more things enjoy ;)
    No problem, feel free to use the new thanks button as opposed to posts ;) :D

are we running a popularity contest now:p
    Circle Battery Mod for V0.9.9.2

I redid the battery mod for AospMod V0.9.9.2 but I think the last one from V0.9.8 will work also as the framework didn't change.

7NtZ4.png