[ROM] Archos Firmware 3.2.80 - Root & busybox , only for SDE

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi !

I am pleased to present the latest firmware version 3.2.80 - rooted and installed busybox !

Is the latest original firmware update and includes , Su binary, Superuser.apk and unique busybox installed into /system/xbin/

These are the files you need :

- zImage and initramfs => http://www.4shared.com/zip/gd_SWiL7/drive.html ( are into drive archive ....drive.zip)

- archos.squashfs => http://www.4shared.com/zip/ieGffz7a/archos_squashfs.html

- archos.ext4 => http://www.4shared.com/zip/j8GO4lKT/archos_ext4.html

Installation is the same as usual the previous update ( ex. 3.2.79 : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1442683 )

This time is included enable vibrator and adjust sound volume !

( Not need to install : Superuser.apk and busybox from the Market - they are already installed and updated , latest : Superuser - v.3.0.7(41), busybox - v1.19.3, su - v3.0.3.2 )

With respect,
surdu_petru

Last edited:

stealthdave

Jan 18, 2012
Los Angeles
I'm curious, what makes your Busybox build "unique" as compared to the Busybox builds that are available through the App Store? I'm currently using your stock rooted 3.2.79 firmware (with Quinny's added Busybox and Supercharger instructions) with the App Store version of Busybox 1.9.3, so I'm curious to learn where they differ.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
I'm curious, what makes your Busybox build "unique" as compared to the Busybox builds that are available through the App Store? I'm currently using your stock rooted 3.2.79 firmware (with Quinny's added Busybox and Supercharger instructions) with the App Store version of Busybox 1.9.3, so I'm curious to learn where they differ.
OK ! you don't understand ...."unique" refers to the fact that there is only one installed busybox into device and proper working !

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
OK ! you don't understand ...."unique" refers to the fact that there is only one installed busybox into device and proper working !
And...you don't need install busybox from market ..it is already installed !!

Vicente

Jan 28, 2006
Valencia
Merci

Merci.

Thank You.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

A question...
Are you removed new icons (battery, wifi, etc.)

I only can see the original.

Thanks, Merci.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Merci.

Thank You.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

A question...
Are you removed new icons (battery, wifi, etc.)

I only can see the original.

Thanks, Merci.
I never included in the official version of things ( stuff ) related to custom rom.
Ok ! really, original firmware is modified but only to allow root into our devices !

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Well we will have to wait for the ICS for root or you think something will come up before that ? :)
You can follow the steps taken by master @letama in seeking a solution to rooted HDD version, unfortunately I do not know if he found a solution or not.
But if @gen_scheisskopf said that is not yet possible, then that it is !

Last edited:

gen_scheisskopf

Feb 22, 2009
Poznań
You can follow the steps taken by master @letama in seeking a solution to rooted HDD version, unfortunately I do not know if he found a solution or not.
But if @gen_scheisskopf said that is not yet possible, then that it is !
HDD models have slightly different mountpoints (Media folder is not /data/media), problem is to find where initrd should look for archos.ext4/squashfs

tapatalked from Desire

stealthdave

Jan 18, 2012
Los Angeles
And...you don't need install busybox from market ..it is already installed !!
I see. I think this was more of a translation difference: I read "unique" to mean "built specifically for this architecture" as opposed to "only one busybox can be installed." (Which I do understand. While this is my first Android device, I've been using Linux in the desktop and server environments for well over a decade now.) So the busybox you've included is the standard 1.9.3?

Again, thanks for all the hard work!
- Dave