[ROM][arm][addison][unofficial] LineageOS 16

fablebreton

Nov 2, 2016
Paris

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Not Working
Moto mods

broken :
Encryption

Credit/Thanks:
Lineage Team
Alberto97 for device tree, kernel, vendors

Preconditions
Unlocked bootloader
TWRP (3.2.1 or newer)
Oreo modem and bootloader

Installation
  1. make a backup ( with twrp, or simply backup your importants datas )
  2. Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
  3. Reboot in Bootloader Mode
  4. Go to "Recovery" (Vol +/Vol -) and confirm (power)
  5. if you come from an other rom / android Version / 32 bit rom : Wipe Dalvik cache / System / data
  6. Install the ROM zip
    Don't reboot
  7. Flash Gapps (Latest Pico Arm Gapps recommended)
  8. Reboot
  9. if gapps setup wizard fc at first boot, just go on, no consequence.

Download
AndroidFileHost

My optionals Twrp Zips :
enable adblock
disable adblock

Sources
Device Tree
Kernel
Sensor HAL
Vendor

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS Pie for Moto Z play, ROM for the Moto Z play

Contributors
Alberto97
FableBreton

ROM OS Version: 9.0
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader & Latest TWRP Recovery
Based On: aosp

Version Information

Created 2018-12-28
Last Updated 2018-02-10

Last edited:

fablebreton

Nov 2, 2016
Paris
28 Dec 2018
Initial release :
december security patch
come with Se linux enforced
reduced nav bar height from 48 to 34 ( it was so big )
I have no time to test encryption (and i don't use it) so if you want to test encryption be sure to backup your datas before.

The main lineage features i have noticed :
  • per apps : control wifi,lte
  • Display : Live Display (night display ) / Style ( pure black theme ) / Expended desktop / Ambient display gesture
  • Sound : Increasing ring volume ( start volume and ramp up time )
  • Security : "Trust" => Privacy Guard (you will notice a warning about public key signature, it's because it's an unofficial build)
  • System : Buttons / System profiles / Status bar / gesture
  • Dev Options : Advanced restart

Last edited:

fablebreton

Nov 2, 2016
Paris
there can be some "force close" with setup wizard at the first boot, it happens on some other device with lineage too.
Just bypass, this is just the gapps wizard and it will continue , there is no consequence.
First post edited

Last edited:

ViRUS2015

Dec 23, 2014
Tienes fallos , cuando abres una app cierra otra , le falta una animación mas fluida entre ventanas, la barra de navegación, se corta al entrar a las aplicacion de google, trabajala mas . . .
Jajajaja «Trabajala mas»? Que, ¿ahora es tu empleado? Por favor, abstente de responder cosas tan inútiles.

Thanks for the ROM! It's great news seeing this device it's still supported. by some devs. I'll be sure to try it out soon :)

iorme

Dec 27, 2010
Finally, lineage os 16, one of my favorite custom rom

Flashing and restore the backup from twrp, so far so good, no lags or problem persist

edit:
one problem noticed, cannot record video, when change the camera to video, the camera app is closed

Last edited:

djdelarosa25

May 27, 2014
Sorsogon
I am unable to make it boot for me for some reason. Asks me for a password even after a factory reset. After entering the correct one, it says something along the lines of "Decryption failed. Your password is correct but the data is corrupted." It then asks me to perform a factory reset, to which I do. But after rebooting, it leads back to this problem again.

cjfrias

May 13, 2011
El Calafate
I am unable to make it boot for me for some reason. Asks me for a password even after a factory reset. After entering the correct one, it says something along the lines of "Decryption failed. Your password is correct but the data is corrupted." It then asks me to perform a factory reset, to which I do. But after rebooting, it leads back to this problem again.
u need to remove encryption first.... Try format /data in twrp...
encryption may be not compatible yet...
happy new year guys

Reactions: fablebreton

guenterm800

Mar 7, 2009
You don't need bson, already included in Alberto trees. You miss system_qcom
Great, thanks a lot. I will try it.

I tried it, here the error:

including vendor/lineage/vendorsetup.sh
Device addison not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from Lineage$
Found repository: android_device_motorola_addison
Default revision: lineage-16.0
Checking branch info
Default revision lineage-16.0 not found in android_device_motorola_addison. Bai$
Branches found:
cm-14.1
lineage-15.1
Use the ROOMSERVICE_BRANCHES environment variable to specify a list of fallback$

** Don't have a product spec for: 'lineage_addison'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

No such item in brunch menu. Try 'breakfast'

OK, there is no addison 16.0 in LinOS. What can I do. I think the sources are local. I attached new roomservice-file.

Attachments

Last edited:

fireclaw722

Sep 25, 2016
OK, there is no addison 16.0 in LinOS. What can I do. I think the sources are local. I attached new roomservice-file.
Alberto's device tree is tailored to AOSP, not Lineage, so you could use
Code:
brunch aosp_addsion-userdebug
over
Code:
brunch addison
and it should work.

Alternatively, you could change the sources to fit Lineage, which doesn't require many changes to get a build running. That just requires renaming the aosp_addison.mk file to lineage_addison.mk, as well as changing the references to aosp_addison to lineage_addison in both the AndroidProducts.mk and new lineage_addison.mk file.

Last edited:
Reactions: guenterm800

guenterm800

Mar 7, 2009
Code:
brunch aosp_addison-userdebug
Thanks, build starts, but there is the next problem:

Code:
error: vendor/lineage/build/soong/Android.bp:31:8: module "generated_kernel_includes": cmd: unknown variable '$(KERNEL_MAKE_FLAGS)'
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
I attache more information. Can you help?

Attachments

fireclaw722

Sep 25, 2016
Thanks, build starts, but there is the next problem:

Code:
error: vendor/lineage/build/soong/Android.bp:31:8: module "generated_kernel_includes": cmd: unknown variable '$(KERNEL_MAKE_FLAGS)'
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
I attache more information. Can you help?
Okay, so that actually doesn't work. Interesting... I just modified the files to fit LOS's build system and that worked for me (or at least started to).

Below should got a build running for me, before I ran into SELinux errors (but those could have just been because I'm messing with things).
Alternatively, you could change the sources to fit Lineage, which doesn't require many changes to get a build running. That just requires renaming the aosp_addison.mk file to lineage_addison.mk, as well as changing the references to aosp_addison to lineage_addison in both the AndroidProducts.mk and new lineage_addison.mk file.
Also, I noticed your roomservice file put hardware-moto-sensors under hardware/sensors, instead of hardware/moto-sensors. I wouldn't think it's hardcoded, but it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong.

I'm going to try a clean build later, but hopefully this helps.