[ROM][arm64][addison] The Android Open Source Project 8.1

Search This thread

rafikowy

Feb 28, 2014
Wołomin
www.mianowicz.pl
OnePlus 7T Pro
@Alberto97 - is this normal that on Ambient Display screen I see only notification icons WITHOUT any previews?
+ just wanted to report that even though "New notifications" flag in Ambient display settings is turned ON, screen does not wake once new notification is received. :(
I'm using latest August build.

Last edited:

rafikowy

Feb 28, 2014
Wołomin
www.mianowicz.pl
OnePlus 7T Pro
@Alberto97 after hours of testing I discovered that once we disable heads-up notifications using adb shell settings put global heads_up_notifications_enabled 0, message previews on Ambient Display will not show up. Is there any chance to change the way of showing message previews (instead of "grabing" it from heads-ups)?

sebx_g1

Nov 6, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Me too... @Alberto97 If on your P Bluetooth works it is almost ready...

Update 15/08 folder for AOSP 9 is ready at afh [emoji6]

Here it arrive download in new thread [emoji3]

Wysłane z mojego XT1635-02 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Last edited:
Reactions: allrightlite

mirkosrc

Aug 4, 2014
sd card not working

Hi all,

after installing this nice rom, the sd card is shown as damaged, if I format it as 'internally' used.
However, if I choose 'mobile' usage, it works.

The sd card worked as internally when I came from Android 7.1.2 (albertos rom) also on Oreo. After rebooting the device, I was prompted to enter a Pin, but my Pin did not work, so I deleted the sd card and made clean install. But then it is not working - as written above.

What can I do, to fix this and use my sd card internally storage ?

Should I install Nougat again, format sd as internally, then install oreo (without touching the sd) and try to fix the 'wrong Pin after reboot'-issue?

Attachments

• mylogcat.txt
    637 bytes · Views: 15
Last edited:
Reactions: allrightlite

joshua764

Jun 11, 2012
mexico df
Hi, what version of recovery are you using? when I start in this rom I asked for unlock patrom, I make wipe data and still ask for the unlock! please help

BtbN

Jul 6, 2010
Hi, what version of recovery are you using? when I start in this rom I asked for unlock patrom, I make wipe data and still ask for the unlock! please help

You need to format data in order to get rid of any previous encryption.
You have to(or at least really should) use TWRP 3.2.3, any previous version had issues of some kind.

Reactions: joshua764

AgEnT_aVi_99

May 22, 2016
I think his problem is, that he didn't try these solutions!

So Leovarghese, if you hear me: tray the magisk module VoEnabler by Toucan or add the settings to your build.prop by yourself.

I had the same problem like you and fixed it for working VoLTE.

Hi, I m new to this rom and i have enabled voenabler from magisk, still jio volte is not working. Can u help me with the build.prop part? Thanks!!

McFlypants

Mar 22, 2013
Xiaomi 12
Hi, I m new to this rom and i have enabled voenabler from magisk, still jio volte is not working. Can u help me with the build.prop part? Thanks!!

If you downloaded the voenabler.zip, you can go inside the zip into the common folder and open the system.prop. There you can see all changes made to make volte work.
Either you can try to add the volte and ims lines by yourself (that's what i did) or to be sure: go into the specific thread in magisk-forum and ask.

I got it working (volte and wifi-calling) with the module, but it also depends on your carrier!!

AgEnT_aVi_99

May 22, 2016
If you downloaded the voenabler.zip, you can go inside the zip into the common folder and open the system.prop. There you can see all changes made to make volte work.
Either you can try to add the volte and ims lines by yourself (that's what i did) or to be sure: go into the specific thread in magisk-forum and ask.

I got it working (volte and wifi-calling) with the module, but it also depends on your carrier!!

Hi, I added the following lines in build.prop

#ifdef VENDOR_EDIT
persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable=1
persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr=1
persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr=1
persist.data.iwlan.enable=true
persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr=1
#endif

Jio volte now works!! Thanks!!

Carolinux

Aug 2, 2009
Sao Paulo
@Alberto97 or other members;

Where I find the Revoke debug authorization option?
I search the options of the device, however, this option does not appear where it should be.
Tks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3TdrJyX.gif

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    Moto Mods are not supported

AOSP is Android as Google release without other modifications, similar to Pixel/Nexus stock rom but without gapps.
    Features such as Chop Chop, Double Twist, Fingerprint sleep and Ambient display gestures are kept.
    Google does not release an AOSP Browser anymore since Marshmallow, thus there isn't a default browser. If I find the time I might port and revamp it in the future.

Installation
    Make sure you have a nougat (or oreo) bootloader and modem else TWRP denies the installation by throwing a message about the wrong bootloader. Further details and a guide to upgrade what you need without losing data here.
    Requires Unlocked Bootloader & a custom recovery (at least twrp-3.1.1-1 is required for 8.0 and 3.2.1 for 8.1)
    1. Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
    2. Reboot in Bootloader Mode
    3. Go to "Recovery" (Vol +/Vol -) and confirm (power)
    4. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    5. Wipe Dalvik cache
    6. Install the ROM zip
    7. DO NOT REBOOT
    8. Install the Gapps zip (arm for 8.0 arm64 for 8.1) (optional)
    9. Reboot

Downloads
    AndroidFileHost

Sources
    Device Tree
    Kernel

XDA:DevDB Information
    The Android Open Source Project 8, ROM for the Moto Z Play

Contributors
    Alberto97
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2017-11-23
    Last Updated 2018-12-15
    Surprise surprise, a new is build available and you'll wonder why... Well, big news. Today I noticed that Motorola released their sensor HAL sources a couple of days ago which means we can build a 64bit version of the HAL thus we don't need any hack anymore! Yes, we have hackless 64bit builds now!
    Though these sources are not so easy to use, they miss an important header which is needed in order to be built. Luckily back in September I found in shamu's early stage device tree an "unreleased" sensorhal. It was supposed to be used in the Nexus 6 but later they took another way and that HAL got removed (but thanks to git history everything is sill there, that previously mentioned header included).
    I worked on this supposed-to-be-used-on-shamu HAL for around a week and I got an almost working open source sensor HAL for osprey (Moto G3) but I had to abandon the idea because I could not get the magnetometer to work correctly.
    I'm happy to say that all that work isn't totally wasted, in fact after some modifications that took just few hours today, I got the header to work with the newest sources and you can find it on my device tree on github!
    In this release there are also some small optimizations, enjoy :)
    I got the camera HAL1 to work without delay on opening so expect another build this month.
    Now if I get the OSS sensor hal to work too I can die in peace :)
    Changelog

21/12/2018
    • December security patches
    • Low speaker volume is now fixed
    • 4K video recording is now available on AOSP and third party cameras
    • Flip to Mute: the phone now vibrates when you mute/unmute it, just like Google's Flip to shhh
    • BFQ is the default IO scheduler
    • Blobs updated to OPNS27.76-12-22-9 moto release

08/09/2018
    • September security patches
    • MAC address is properly set now
    • Added missing F2FS moto changes in kernel rebase

07/08/2018
    • August security patches
    • Enforcing SELlinux
    • NFC configuration for XT1635-03 has been updated
    • Rebased kernel on the top of LA.UM.6.6.r1-09400-89xx.0 CAF tag

03/07/2018
    • July security patches
    • Enabled Always on Display
    • Switched to AOSP native pick up gesture implementation
    • Moved to AOSP apns list
    • Backuptool has been implemented
    • Added Google Sans Font

06/06/2018
    • June security patches
    • Fix a kernel crash at boot caused by a previous change
    • SELinux performance improvements by moving sysfs/debugfs sepolicy to genfs_contexts.
    • SELinux is permissive again till performance degradation issues in enforcing state are fixed

10/05/2018
    • May security patches
    • Binderized Vibration HAL with context haptics
    • Bootanimation early start (data latemount)
    • Kernel updates from Motorola
    • Enforcing Selinux
    • Oreo RIL blobs
    • arm64 Blobs Updates
    • Offline charging now works correctly
    • Unified gestures menus

02/04/2018
    • April security patches
    • Open Source Sensor HAL
    • New kernel based on Motorola's Oreo release + Improved CLANG compatibility
    • ADSP, Audio and DRM stacks upgrade
    • Better fix for the Alarm Clock
    • Notepadv3 is finally gone
    • Removed PicoTTS (it was not working anyway)
    • Possibility of setting Pixel color accent
    • Added support for the following bootloaders:
      • Nougat + February security patches
      • Oreo + March security patches

13/03/2018
    • Fixed slow camera opening

06/03/2018
    • March security patches
    • GPS stack update
    • Round icons enabled
    • More granular volume control

06/02/2018
    • February security patches
    • Camera issues fixed
    • Clang built kernel

20/01/2018
    • Open source Sensor HAL
    • Some small optimizations

04/01/2018
    • Android 8.1
    • First arm64 build
    • January security patches

09/12/2017
    • December security patches
    • Alarm clock fixed
    • Fixed crash when opening Mobile Network settings with 2 sims inserted
    • Fixed a random reboot caused by a missing lib
    • GPS configuration consolidated for Canadian Carriers (it might have caused random reboots)

21/11/2017 - Initial Release
    New build available with February security patches. Here's the state of things:

Camera
    Proprietary libraries from the Oreo stock update are now included. Thanks to this, I switched the camera hal mode from HAL3 to the officially supported HAL1 which means photos will not be affected by saturation issues (or whatever you were experiencing) anymore. At the same time Camera2 API support is gone since it comes with HAL3 which isn't officially supported thus you will be unable to use Google Camera ports. If for some reason you prefer to take the risk of getting buggy photos but at the same time being able to use Google Camera, you can enable the HAL3 by searching for this line in build.prop: #persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1, remove the leading "#" and reboot.
    For better photos and videos I recommend to use Moto Camera since it takes care of extra parameters that thirdy party apps and AOSP camera ignore. With the Oreo version of the app they fixed their permissions mess and you can install it as simple user app now.
    The mentioned release is available here.

Kernel
    For the serie "Stuff that I started last year but finished only few days ago": Clang built kernel. I tried to do that back in November but since everything was 32bit built I could not get the device to boot.
    Few weeks ago I was browsing AOSP gerrit when I noticed an interesting abandoned topic (marlin-nougat-mr1-clang) and then I remembered about my trial. I applied their patches and after some updates (many of those patches were on their very initial state) and "backports" from the wahoo branch (Pixel 2/XL) plus the changes I made in November I finally got the device to boot.
    This is probably the first android device (that I'm aware of at least) with a 3.18 kernel that publicly runs a Clang built one and I'm pretty excited about it. I don't know why Google did not put further efforts on marlin, I can't see any issue here right now.

HFP
    In this release there are a couple of patches that might fix HFP, try and let me know, please.

Sensors
    Still using an hack while trying to get the OSS HAL to work. Released sources appear very different from what they actually use on this device.

SELinux
    Now that we have Oreo blobs it's worth working on it. I actually have already started but it will probably stay permissive until all the new stacks are in.

Anything else
    I'm not upgrading all the stacks to their Oreo version yet, many of them require up-to-date modem (RIL and GPS) or kernel (DRM and Audio). I'm waiting at least for a full firmware (or a stable release) before updating them. Everything works pretty much without big hacks and I don't think it's worth forcing people to install a soak test.

Aaand that's all :)