• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][ARM64][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Redmi 7A (pine)

Search This thread

Netushito

Jan 4, 2022
Hi and thanks for the ROM! I need some help. Could you point to a good 64bit recovery to install before this ROM?
I used this one TWRP 3.3.1-0), but it hasn't worked and I don't know whether it is 32 or 64 bit. I got some "error 255" when flashing the ROM, then tried to restore the system backup, but now my phone can't stop rebooting into the recovery. Pleaasse heelp...
By the way I'm attaching the recovery.log. It says this:
E:Can't execute '/tmp/updater': Exec format error
Updater process ended with ERROR: 255

smolny2

Sep 26, 2013
This rom is fantastic!
I miss the automatic call recording feature in this rom. Manual activation on every calls working correctly, but it is impractical.

Will be this rom as official Lineage Rom?
Re: auto-recording calls, look here:
The Dialer.apk published by patkk has that option. Works for me as expected, with lineage-18.1-20210829-UNOFFICIAL-pine.zip and PBRP-pine-3.1.0-20210523-1806-UNOFFICIAL.zip.

smolny2

Sep 26, 2013
Hi and thanks for the ROM! I need some help. Could you point to a good 64bit recovery to install before this ROM?
I used this one TWRP 3.3.1-0), but it hasn't worked and I don't know whether it is 32 or 64 bit. I got some "error 255" when flashing the ROM, then tried to restore the system backup, but now my phone can't stop rebooting into the recovery. Pleaasse heelp...
By the way I'm attaching the recovery.log. It says this:
E:Can't execute '/tmp/updater': Exec format error
Updater process ended with ERROR: 255
I followed this guide by Tupolef, really goood:
Perhaps you didn't patch and flash the boot.img from the stock rom?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    tsndwdG.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is... still valid?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

What's working:
    • WiFi
    • RIL (Calls , SMS , Data)
    • Bluetooth
    • Audio
    • Video
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Flash
    • FM Radio
    • Sensors
    • LED
    • GPS
    • VoLTE
    • VoWiFi
    • Enforcing build
    Bugs:
    • You tell me

Download

How to flash
    1. First Important Step is to Backup (though depends on you if you wanna be safe or no :p)
    2. Install any 64bit custom recovery built for pine
    3. Download LineageOS Latest ROM Zip
    4. Format /system, /data and /cache and /vendor
    4. Flash ROM Zip
    5. Flash any add-ons if you want to like Gapps, Magisk, Etc.
    6. Reboot & enjoy!

Maintainer:
    @AOiSPdev

Credits:
    @YaAlex

Sources:-
    Kernel Source
    Github
    Changelogs:

2021/05/07:
    - Latest LineageOS changes
    - Increased in-call earpiece volume
    - Added FM radio
    - Fixed rounded corner radius
    Can you link those channels here? Or is that against the rules? Thanks!
    @pinePH
    t.me/mi_sdm439
    t.me/R7AIndonesiaChannel
    t.me/PineOfficial
    t.me/Redmi7AUpdates
    t.me/hsxbuilds
    t.me/CherryKernel_SDM439
    t.me/RALegacySDM439
    t.me/RALegacy

If you know Russian or competent use a translator (I advise deepl.com), you can look at the Russian forum 4pda, it's there 99% of everything there is for this phone, as well as there are many knowledgeable in this subject deeply people. In general, I advise you to look for more channels, forums and chats, I did not discounted all.
    4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=964578
    4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=956662

Also, you can get acquainted with people like Akira, cafebabe, REVERS, YaAlex. They do more than half of all the work and as well as every possible continue to work and improve, in general, if possible support them if you need me to send their details.

Although the phone is already old, but you can still get all the juice out of it. I advise you to test the firmware Crdroid 7.8 OFFICIAL, the core cherrykernel, I can throw you modem from redmi 8a it improves communication by about 15%. Also advise to install 502 andreno drivers improves fluency and adds 3-5 fps in games. For sound I suggest NLSound + M.A.L library R7a + you can try if you know how to add 64 bit libraries from mi 11 ultra. I also advise to format /data and /cache partition to f2fs, this will work faster but you need to install kernel which supports f2fs and modify fstab for details see t.me/RALegacy. And for the camera of course gcam. If you need presets write me and I'll tell you where to get them

I no longer use it myself have moved on to the poco m3, I think the best phone that is now available at an affordable price. I would also suggest taking a look at the redmi 9t

Good luck!
    Seems All working correctly, on pine, 16GB version. Thanks
    Thanks for this rom. I have tried many roms for Redmi 7a, but this one is by far the smoothest and even makes browsing internet on this phone a good experience. The only shortcomming is no bass in music. Preinstalled AudioFX doesn't seem to work at all, the bass boost slider doesn't do anything. Either way, still the best rom.