Is this rom the smoothest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Vidhanth

Oct 29, 2013
Bangalore
RaRP average battery life-
Usage- GTA SA gaming along with whatsapp.
Any apps used(greenify, etc)- Nope
b497cfc5db3f095c318f3922ae79e070.jpg
9546c2a365d4e43bcd810be73535cf86.jpg

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

makinapufterpup

Nov 16, 2014
New England
Last edited:

Vidhanth

Oct 29, 2013
Bangalore
Last edited:
Reactions: makinapufterpup

Avantiel

Apr 3, 2012
Bugs to report: 1) Touch sounds come through the earpiece instead of the loudspeaker. such as when u press the home button button or unlock the screen. 2) the volume rocker when pressing up or down initially doesnt produce a sound notifying you, only when you press it multiple times will the sound actually play

SaberJ2X

Dec 3, 2012
there's a bug in the "updater install"... (the one flashing the full image on the recovery the one that says 1.0.1 from 09/10)

for somereason if I do a full wipe... the rom won't install, I had to restore the system part of the image of my previous install, and then flash the rom on top of that to make it work, something about "installer emmc looking for the /system partition...

what TWRP do you use?

ajape

Mar 24, 2009
Santo Domingo
Are you not going to make a version of the v1.1 with the stock kernel, for those of us who need the maximum possible battery time between charges? We'd also love to benefit from the latest possible updates to the version of this rom, please? Or, preferably, you could make a flasheable Zip that can add the Stock kernel to the RARP version, since it's the rooted one actually. Please? Thank You. :D

Last edited:

Vidhanth

Oct 29, 2013
Bangalore
Bugs to report: 1) Touch sounds come through the earpiece instead of the loudspeaker. such as when u press the home button button or unlock the screen. 2) the volume rocker when pressing up or down initially doesnt produce a sound notifying you, only when you press it multiple times will the sound actually play
Known bug in base rom..
there's a bug in the "updater install"... (the one flashing the full image on the recovery the one that says 1.0.1 from 09/10)

for somereason if I do a full wipe... the rom won't install, I had to restore the system part of the image of my previous install, and then flash the rom on top of that to make it work, something about "installer emmc looking for the /system partition...

what TWRP do you use?
I don't know what you say
Are you not going to make a version of the v1.1 with the stock kernel, for those of us who need the maximum possible battery time between charges? We'd also love to benefit from the latest possible updates to the version of this rom, please? Or, preferably, you could make a flasheable Zip that can add the Stock kernel to the RARP version, since it's the rooted one actually. Please? Thank You. :D
Yup.. Soon ;)

SaberJ2X

Dec 3, 2012
I don't know what you say

Do a full wipe of the cellphone, go to TWRP, click wipe, click advanced, check everything except usb OTG and MicroSD... wipe...

put the RaRP 20150910 zip file into an SD card

try to install it

it throws an error.

I got to install a any rom first, wipe everything except for the system partition, then, install this rom to make it install

akshatmassy

Jul 9, 2013
ranikhet
Do a full wipe of the cellphone, go to TWRP, click wipe, click advanced, check everything except usb OTG and MicroSD... wipe...

put the RaRP 20150910 zip file into an SD card

try to install it

it throws an error.

I got to install a any rom first, wipe everything except for the system partition, then, install this rom to make it install
Dnt wipe system partition wipe only data cache n dalvik cache n flash rom after that dual sim patch.
N now it will wrks

jotekman

Jun 18, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
Bug report-in dialer, when clicking change sim for number, dialer crashes.
Really easy to double hit letter on keyboaard too. Purposely didn't fixx this sentaance to demonstrate how prevalent. :) Otherwise? Absolutely thrilled!

Vidhanth

Oct 29, 2013
Bangalore
Bug report-in dialer, when clicking change sim for number, dialer crashes.
Really easy to double hit letter on keyboaard too. Purposely didn't fixx this sentaance to demonstrate how prevalent. :) Otherwise? Absolutely thrilled!
Another known bug.. Will be fixed in next update

tduermeier

Oct 8, 2010
Boulder, CO
Hello,

I'm currently running RaRP 1.0.1 and have been having issues with any Motorola app that requires associating the app with my Motorola ID. I have had the same issue on RaR. Any time I select the "Yes I'm In" option the screen goes black for a second then returns to the same confirmation screen. This happens with Moto Connect, Moto Body, and Moto Assist. Can anyone else confirm the same issues?

Thank you.

SaberJ2X

Dec 3, 2012
RaRP = so so... performance is almost blistering, but the wakelocks... the wakelocks are almost infinite (48% according to wakelock detector), and the drain is pretty heavy
RAR = 92% of the performance, easily 25-40% more battery life, though... EXCELLENT job in this version

titan prime is now literally obsolete for me

Vidhanth

Oct 29, 2013
Bangalore
RaRP = so so... performance is almost blistering, but the wakelocks... the wakelocks are almost infinite (48% according to wakelock detector), and the drain is pretty heavy
RAR = 92% of the performance, easily 25-40% more battery life, though... EXCELLENT job in this version

titan prime is now literally obsolete for me
That's exactly the difference between RaR and RaRP. :) And just bcoz TP doesn't get updated regularly (I understand that the dev also has his own life), I released this ROM ;)
Hello,

I'm currently running RaRP 1.0.1 and have been having issues with any Motorola app that requires associating the app with my Motorola ID. I have had the same issue on RaR. Any time I select the "Yes I'm In" option the screen goes black for a second then returns to the same confirmation screen. This happens with Moto Connect, Moto Body, and Moto Assist. Can anyone else confirm the same issues?

Thank you.

Yup.. You cannot use moto apps with this.
Remember it is BASED on stock, it is not the same stock rom.. I have removed the moto framework apps to debloat the system.. Hope you can cooperate.. :)

Reactions: wernerml

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THAT THIS IS ONE OF THE SMOOTHEST LOLLIPOP ROMS FOR TITAN!!
    I'm dividing the OP into parts so that if some newbie quotes the whole OP, we will not get frustrated xD

INTRO-
    Ok so after using a lot of unstable stock based roms, I thought why not release a light, stock based rom which can be used by all as an alternative (or a better alternative lol) to the stock Motorola firmware? So here it is!! Radium Redefined!! As the name suggests, its the successor to my RadiumLP rom(which is nowhere close to this!). Hope you guys enjoy this rom!! And by the way, this rom IS NOT BASED on TP.

ABOUT RADIUM REDEFINED-

I have built this rom straight from the stock rom. NOT from TP, Lexodus, etc. This rom is as light as it can get, as i have heavily debloated it.
    (Base rom-571MB. Redefined- 230-40MB :) ) As battery is the major concern for most users, i have added many Build.prop tweaks to improve battery life, and also overall smoothness for better multitasking. Hope you like this rom!
    You can customize this rom to your liking, as it is powered by AROMA Installer :) You can-
    1. Choose which device you have, i.e., XT1063/64/68/69, and the rom will install accordingly. (Yes, no need to flash dualsim addon anymore)
    2. Choose whether to install Twist2Capture.
    3. Choose between Stellar Kernel and Stock Motorola kernel
    4. Choose between Nova Launcher and Xperia Home, or keep both
    5. Choose whether to root or not

DISCLAIMER-
    I'm not responsible for bricked devices

FEATURES-

• AROMA Installer
    • Twist2Capture
    • Pre-Rooted
    • Heavily Debloated
    • Choose b/w Steller and stock kernel
    • Choose between Nova, and Xperia launchers, or keep both
    • Odexed(For speed)
    • Light fonts
    • Nova Launcher
    • Smooth as hell!
    • Unified

INSTALLATION-
    1. Reboot into Recovery
    2. Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache
    3. Flash Rom
    4. Make changes in AROMA Installer to your needs
    5. Flash Gapps (Yup, gapps are NOT included. I recommend open gapps)
    6. Reboot!

CREDITS-

Downloads, Tips,etc in post #2

XDA:DevDB Information
    Radium Redefined, ROM for the Moto G 2014

Contributors
    Vidhanth
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    Based On: Stock

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.1

Created 2015-08-28
    Last Updated 2016-03-23
    Good news.
    After a LOT of trials and errors, I finally got RaR 6.0 to boot! Now i have to do some stuff to stabilize it.. Expect a hopefully UNIFIED build by this weekend or the next weekend :)

Behold! Stable release coming up!

ETA— Either in a few hours, or tomorrow ;)

Progress-
    I'm trying my best to update this to MM. So far, I got this thing to boot, but only till the boot animation after which, a black screen of death appears. I think I know what to do :) I hopefully unified it, the final version will take a while though

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
    HUGE UPDATE
    Goodbye RaRP, and Dual-sim addons!
    v1.2 - v2.0

Clean flash recommended, but dirty flash might also work

What's changed?
    1. Added AROMA Installer!!
    2. Fixed all bugs like-
    * SIM Card name and color not being saved
    * update-binary error when you wipe system
    * Others which I don't remember
    2. Stagefright fixes from Motorola
    3. A LOT of other changes, which I don't remember

MAJOR CHANGE-
    Added AROMA Installer (which I succeeded in after 2 days of hard work). This lets you-
    1. Choose which device you have, i.e., XT1063/64/68/69, and the rom will install accordingly. (Yes, no need to flash dualsim addon anymore)
    2. Choose whether to install Twist2Capture.
    3. Choose between Stellar Kernel and Stock Motorola kernel
    4. Choose between Nova Launcher and Xperia Home, or keep both
    5. Choose whether to root or not

Bugs you will no longer face, and why-
    1. Update-Binary error if you wipe system and keep it mounted.
    Why?
    - Because I added a line to updater-script, which checks if the system if mounted or not. If its mounted, then it will unmount it. Now you can wipe system if you want, mount it, unmount it, not wipe it, etc.. Why "not wipe" it? Simple, the script itself formats system before installing. ;)

2. SIM Card preferences (name, color) not being saved
    Why?
    - Because an app was missing, which I found out using Logcatting :p I added that app and it works now!

3. No signal due to forgetting to flash addon
    Why?
    - Because the AROMA Installer will ask you which device you have, and install accordingly. :)

Now you must be thinking, due to all these changes, the size must be above 320~ MB..
    But it's only 289~ MB!!

DOWNLOAD
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone