Development [ROM]ArrowOS 13.0 | 12.1/12L for Xiaomi Pad 5 (nabu) | [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

kubersharma001

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2015
Ceres
Hello, guys. I have been super busy so I may not be posting anything on XDA and hardly anything over my TG channels. OTAs will keep releasing/builds will be up on the website.
ALSO:
I do not own the Xiaomi Keyboard, it seems the latest changes broke it for some users which should be fixed in the latest release.

A lot of people are asking me if this is a good tablet for art or not. I am a simple man and have very basic tablet needs. I do not own a pen (too expensive) nor can I draw something good. Please, can someone with a pen or knowledge of apps which works best for artists give their short insights so I can refer people here?

mfortini

Oct 26, 2022
I just sideloaded the latest ArrowOS (2022-11-14) and the problem with the pitch in Google Meet is solved. Thank you

Ripen

Jun 12, 2022
Hello, guys. I have been super busy so I may not be posting anything on XDA and hardly anything over my TG channels. OTAs will keep releasing/builds will be up on the website.
ALSO:
I do not own the Xiaomi Keyboard, it seems the latest changes broke it for some users which should be fixed in the latest release.

A lot of people are asking me if this is a good tablet for art or not. I am a simple man and have very basic tablet needs. I do not own a pen (too expensive) nor can I draw something good. Please, can someone with a pen or knowledge of apps which works best for artists give their short insights so I can refer people here?
Pen works definitely better than miui. Im a daily user and here's my little review:
1. The palm rejection works much, i mean really much better than miui
2. I love that i doesn't even have to connect the pen with bluetooth to use it (which mean i could just pick it up and straight away use it)
3. Don't worry even though bluetooth connection is no longer needed in ArrowOS, the pen is still charging normally

ayenzel

Oct 11, 2012
Labuan
I'm waiting the fix for usb type c headphone/adapter... I hope it can be fixed. That's my only problem with this rom.

Marlonese

Feb 1, 2017
Hi, just sharing my flash experience:
I was in EEA 13.1.3 and tried flashing to Arrow 13 ... with no sucess, device was only able to boot in recovery or fastboot (fortunately), after some research it seems that trying installing from 13.0.4 avoid issues.
I could downgrade to 13.0.4 and then, reflash from the beginning .... and everything went as expected , it's so cool !!
Watch out, it can happen that 13.1.3 is not the best starting point.
Thanks @kubersharma001 ! Awesome job

I flashed it from EEA 13.1.3 and it works perfectly so you might have made a mistake flashing it! In case anyone is worrying about downgrading first.

Gamer_Mida

Nov 9, 2022
1)when I installed AdAway, the videos didn't work (on tiktok and youtube)
2) when I tried to root my tablet went into bootloop, I had to do it all over again and instead of flashing the recovery, I flashed the patched magisk image
3) after installing this rom it locked the bootloader, how do you unlock it? since in addition to the rom I want to install other things with fastboot (like costum recovery)

jnfr00

Oct 10, 2017
Hello there.

I'm trying to install ArrowOS 12.1 but I'm kinda lost: in the guide it's written "Now flash boot.img and vendor_boot.img", but in the ArrowOS Recovery folder there is one file called
"boot.img"
and the two other files called
"boot_nabu_w-skippkgverification-13-arrow-beta.img"
"vendor_boot_nabu_w-skippkgverification-13-arrow-beta.img"

so I don't really know which files I'm supposed to flash..

Can someone tip me in the right direction?

Reactions: realsatnav
Sep 24, 2022
Hello there.

I'm trying to install ArrowOS 12.1 but I'm kinda lost: in the guide it's written "Now flash boot.img and vendor_boot.img", but in the ArrowOS Recovery folder there is one file called
"boot.img"
and the two other files called
"boot_nabu_w-skippkgverification-13-arrow-beta.img"
"vendor_boot_nabu_w-skippkgverification-13-arrow-beta.img"

so I don't really know which files I'm supposed to flash..

Can someone tip me in the right direction?
you flash boot.img and then vendor_boot_whatever

Sep 24, 2022
I went back to this rom reading the comments the keyboard works and it doesn't fml it does not auto switch between having it ocnnected and virtual keyboard

manu_jedi

Jun 28, 2018
OnePlus 8 Pro
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yeah, faced the bootloop issue myself, debugging and probably will be fixed with next update as maybe I think I know why that glitch

anyways, new update soon (maybe today or later tonight)

Also, I have decided not to renew my website next time around maybe, so I moved everything to medium
    https://k001droid.medium.com/ - follow me here if you want

nabu instructions post:-

extracting boot.img:

something I wrote for encryption on custom roms:-

(not sure how medium works, but here are always free unlimited reading links)

enjoy
    3rd of Jan release: Same for me.

I recovered by:
    1) reboot to fastboot
    (power - -> hold - and release power)
    2) identify boot slot
    (fastboot getvar all -> search current slot)
    3) switch to old slot
    (e.g. fastboot --set-active=b)
    4) restart by key-combi

I'm back in my old 14th Nov ROM without full wipe.

Additional notes:
    - For me fastboot is buggy, i.e. after 1-2 min no commands are accepted anymore. Enter the commands quickly after a reboot into fastboot.
    - Another way to recover - as last resort before wipe/fullflash - one may try:
    enter normal fastboot,
    command: fastboot recovery,
    command: adb reboot sideload,
    command: adb sideload ArrowXYXY.zip,
    then try if one of the both slots boots (fastboot --set-active=XY)

Let's keep in touch, if one can confirm new OTAs working again!?!
    Hi everyone! I updated from December 8th build to 17 Junary build from the updater and didn't get any bootloop. Hope everyone gets the same result as I can't assure you'll get the same behaviour
    Hi everyone! I had the bootloop issue after the 20230103 OTA. The device got into recovery. Plugged-in into the pc, run adb shell and after that recovery --wipe-data. The device rebooted, pressed the power button and started right up, no data loss. Hope everyone gets the same result after following those steps
    In case I am the first trying this:
    I was on MIUI 14 CN Stable Dev Android 13 (unrooted) exactly as described below under firmware, and then flashed ArrowOS 13 accordint to the guide. Everything works out of the box without any issues: Pen, Keyboard (After activation under Bluetooth Settings), WIFI6, Audio (Dolby?)

Therefore I can verify this works flawlessly:
    • Firmware: nabu_images_V14.0.22.12.21.DEV_20221221.0000.00_13.0_cn_140cca658d.tgz
    • ROM: ArrowOS 13 GAPPS 3. January

Maintainers and the ArrowOS team: You guys are genious! Much love to you guys
    logo.png

ArrowOS for Xiaomi Pad 5 (nabu)(sm8150)

Code:
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything (including Xiaomi Stylus/Mi Pen and Xiaomi Keyboard) except proprietary features like Mi Pen (they will likely not work in AOSP, but we aim to make it work in the near future if we get the time and pen)

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOAD
    supported versions:
    - arrow-13.0 based on android13
    - arrow-12.1 based on android12L

Click here to Download
    Select "nabu" from Xiaomi tab
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device, choose Arrow version, and choose the build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

HOW TO FLASH | RECOVERY DOWNLOAD
    Click here to download recovery and see instructions
    Firmware: MIUI android12 firmware but any fw from MIUI a11 to latest will work!

GPL compliance:
    ROM Source
    - https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source- https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_nabu

Contributors: kubersharma001, ganeshi4u, LynnrinChan

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

Donate: https://www.paypal.me/kubersharma001
    UPI: [email protected]

ENJOY
    I guess you all might wanna check out:

Mi Pen now works w/ palm rejection just like MIUI in official ArrowOS!
    hoorah! :D

----x----

1. ArrowOS 13.0 (android13) is here for Xiaomi Pad 5 (nabu) | OFFICIAL
    2. New Update of ArrowOS 12.1 / 12L is here for Xiaomi Pad 5 (nabu) | OFFICIAL

Changelogs:
    DEVICE:

- Supports Xiaomi Stylus/Mi Pen
    - Latest MIUI Android 12 odm,vendor base (you can use latest a12 fw but a11 fw will work fine too thanks to vendor_freeze)
    - Ships with custom-kernel/source-compiled ArrowOS kernel
    - Lots of other misc changes
    ROM: https://arrowos.net/changelog.php

How to flash?:
    https://kubersharma001.com/arrowos-for-xiaomi-pad-5-nabu

Donate: [email protected] | PayPal
    Latest ArrowOS 13.0 update is here for Mi Pad 5 (nabu) By kubersharma001, LynnrinChan and ganeshvarma

Mi Pen and Mi Keyboard both work
    High pitched audio issues on voice should be fixed
    Other improvements and changes

Have any issues flashing? Read the goddamn instructions post https://kubersharma001.com/arrowos-for-xiaomi-pad-5-nabu

What firmware to use? Any that works for you if you can't decide to use whatever your region 's fw is. I see a lot of people blindly flashing CN fw.

Support: kubersharma001chat and Lynnrin_group (on telegram)

PS: When downloading select arrow-13 and OFFICIAL tabs not experimental🤦‍♂
    Do not flash stupid mods that break system and come back to me complaining. If you wanna mod, learn to deal with it.

Donate:
    Kuber:
    [email protected] | http://paypal.me/kubersharma001
    Lynnrin:

Enjoy
    ALSO:

Planning to buy a Mi pen to support it
    if anyone is donating, please mention "nabu" or "mipad5" in the payment description
    Gonna save for it, those donations will help

UPI: [email protected] | PayPal

edit: Mi pen is now supported from 14/oct builds :D