Development [ROM]ArrowOS 13.0 | 12.1/12L for Xiaomi Pad 5 (nabu) | [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

yeminswe

May 17, 2013
Yangon
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Actually every game. I tried like 6. And some other people have the same issue. I've reinstalled ArrowOS several times.

I tried many popular games, PUBG, call of duty, Mobile legend , hay day within these 4 days ... I rebooted several times, shut down at night .. I don't have any freeze problems ... It seem like something is wrong with your hardware or you had some problem while flashing ROM I guess

nabulsi08

I tried many popular games, PUBG, call of duty, Mobile legend , hay day within these 4 days ... I rebooted several times, shut down at night .. I don't have any freeze problems ... It seem like something is wrong with your hardware or you had some problem while flashing ROM I guess
On MIUI I don't have any Issues so I think Hardware isn't the problem. I reflashed the ROM several times correctly. Some other people have the same issue.

nabulsi08

Maybe it has to do something with the fastboot version? Can you tell me how exactly you've installed it? But it's just that I don't think that many people did it wrong and have this problem.

nabulsi08

Maybe you know why my Taskbar doesn't work correctly? Long pressing it doesn't do anything and when I've set it up it showed me this. I did a clean reinstall though and still have the Screen freeze issue which doesn't have to do anything with the Hardware or flashing progress.

Attachments

• IMG_20230319_150424.jpg
    IMG_20230319_150424.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 49

nabulsi08

Anyone encountering Alarm Problem? Alarm Sound stops for a second and continues. That sounds horrible. Maybe someone has a solution? The ROM has so much bugs... Freeze screen issue, sound issue, Long Pressing Taskbar isn't working... Hopefully there is an update soon

Aug 6, 2016
Does this work on the CN version of the tablet? My global pad 5 broke and I want to buy a new one specifically due to this rom but I can only find the CN version (with global rom flashed on it) on the market, otherwise I'm not gonna bother. This ROM is the only thing that makes this tablet usable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS for Xiaomi Pad 5 (nabu)(sm8150)

Code:
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything (including Xiaomi Stylus/Mi Pen and Xiaomi Keyboard) except proprietary features like Mi Pen (they will likely not work in AOSP, but we aim to make it work in the near future if we get the time and pen)

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOAD
    supported versions:
    - arrow-13.0 based on android13
    - arrow-12.1 based on android12L

Click here to Download
    Select "nabu" from Xiaomi tab
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device, choose Arrow version, and choose the build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

HOW TO FLASH | RECOVERY DOWNLOAD

Firmware: MIUI android12 firmware but any fw from MIUI a11 to latest will work!

GPL compliance:
    ROM Source
    - https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source- https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_nabu

Contributors: kubersharma001, ganeshi4u, LynnrinChan

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

Donate: https://www.paypal.me/kubersharma001
    UPI: 001ks001@kotak

ENJOY
    I guess you all might wanna check out:

Mi Pen now works w/ palm rejection just like MIUI in official ArrowOS!
    hoorah! :D

----x----

1. ArrowOS 13.0 (android13) is here for Xiaomi Pad 5 (nabu) | OFFICIAL
    2. New Update of ArrowOS 12.1 / 12L is here for Xiaomi Pad 5 (nabu) | OFFICIAL

Changelogs:
    DEVICE:

- Supports Xiaomi Stylus/Mi Pen
    - Latest MIUI Android 12 odm,vendor base (you can use latest a12 fw but a11 fw will work fine too thanks to vendor_freeze)
    - Ships with custom-kernel/source-compiled ArrowOS kernel
    - Lots of other misc changes
    ROM: https://arrowos.net/changelog.php

How to flash?:
    https://kubersharma001.com/arrowos-for-xiaomi-pad-5-nabu

Donate: 001KS001@kotak | PayPal
    Hello all.
    This is a comparison of Awaken OS and the new Arrow OS 13.1 update.
    I've tried out the new Arrow OS 13.1 and I have to say there are definitely improvements! Many things got fixed. Unfortunately the battery life is still not good. Awaken OS wins at that point. It has a noticible longer battery life. The biggest issue for me got solved: The screen doesn't freeze anymore while gaming and the Sound doesn't disappear anymore! In the Settings, I see that now you can use the Dirac Sound Enhancer without the App crashing like before. Furthermore it seems like Face Unlock got removed, which Awaken OS does have. You can use the attached LSposed Module and after enabling it install the attached APK to use Face Unlock anyway. You may have to download and import the Motorola Face Unlock APK. Only use Version 01.03.0312 or it won't work. You can find the File easily in the Web. I recommend using the latest LSposed Version. It worked perfectly for me. I'm not responsible for any bricks. When rebooting the device, you need to go to Settings and turn off and on the Keyboard toggle to be able to use it. The Pen works great in both ROMs. In Awaken OS the Keyboard isn't supported but you can use the Magisk Module I've attached in the Awaken OS Thread. Here's the Link to my Comment: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-13-0-official-awaken-os-nabu-19-03-2023.4566857/post-88365003 Scroll a bit down to find all the other Magisk Modules I use. IMPORTANT: It seems like some people could't boot into the OS after flashing the MIUI Core. All other Modules seem to work good for everyone. Do it on you own risk. For me it woked perfectly fine. Anyway, I've tested the Magisk Module that enables the Keyboard and it works very good. The provided Permessive File of the developer of Awaken OS didn't work for me so I don't recommended flashing it. In Awaken OS, sometimes you need to reopen the Notification Center to see your Notifications which seems like a small bug. Arrow OS doesn't have this issue. The performance seems to be great in both ROMs. When swiping up the Taskbar, you may sometimes have trouble opening the recent Apps Menu. Swiping up the Taskbar to see some Apps where you can split the Screen to use multiple Apps at once doesn't work for me at all. It only worked once: After the first flash of this ROM. After rebooting once and then several times, it stopped working. Anyway, it was kind of hard to swipe up a bit and not really easy and comfortable to do. In Awaken OS both things work great.
    Overall I'd say Awaken OS is the better ROM. It just feels more stable for me. But Arrow OS may still get better because this update has delivered really good fixes. Anyway, Awaken OS isn't perfect too but I am flashing it back tomorrow because it's my personal winner due to it's stability, performance and battery life. But actually both are now pretty good so you may like Arrow OS more.
    Edit: I am back on Arrow OS 3.1 because Awaken OS 3.6 is really unstable and keeps crashing. Actually it seems like after the update Arrow OS has a better battery life than before and it's not bad overall! Definetly!
    I hope this helps anybody.
    Bye.
    Latest ArrowOS 13.0 update is here for Mi Pad 5 (nabu) By kubersharma001, LynnrinChan and ganeshvarma

Mi Pen and Mi Keyboard both work
    High pitched audio issues on voice should be fixed
    Other improvements and changes

Have any issues flashing? Read the goddamn instructions post https://kubersharma001.com/arrowos-for-xiaomi-pad-5-nabu

What firmware to use? Any that works for you if you can't decide to use whatever your region 's fw is. I see a lot of people blindly flashing CN fw.

Support: kubersharma001chat and Lynnrin_group (on telegram)

PS: When downloading select arrow-13 and OFFICIAL tabs not experimental🤦‍♂
    Do not flash stupid mods that break system and come back to me complaining. If you wanna mod, learn to deal with it.

Donate:
    Kuber:
    001KS001@kotak | http://paypal.me/kubersharma001
    Lynnrin:

Enjoy
    Hello, guys. I have been super busy so I may not be posting anything on XDA and hardly anything over my TG channels. OTAs will keep releasing/builds will be up on the website.
    ALSO:
    I do not own the Xiaomi Keyboard, it seems the latest changes broke it for some users which should be fixed in the latest release.

A lot of people are asking me if this is a good tablet for art or not. I am a simple man and have very basic tablet needs. I do not own a pen (too expensive) nor can I draw something good. Please, can someone with a pen or knowledge of apps which works best for artists give their short insights so I can refer people here?