Development [ROM]ArrowOS 13.0 | 12.1/12L for Xiaomi Pad 5 (nabu) | [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

ovexi

Nov 12, 2009
Mississauga, ON
Yes, I got you the first time! Location permission set to on, search a local shop, brings a result up. No issue, with any amount of tabs
still not working for me and I'm pretty sure I flashed the ROM properly. When I click in the Google search after opening a new tab with Chrome location enabled, the location green sign will flash for a second in the top right corner and then Chrome will just close

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 6
still not working for me and I'm pretty sure I flashed the ROM properly. When I click in the Google search after opening a new tab with Chrome location enabled, the location green sign will flash for a second in the top right corner and then Chrome will just close
Did you flash Chrome with GApps or install from Playstore? Could try wiping cache and data of the app and start a fresh, or if installed from Playstore wipe cache and data then uninstall and reinstall.

I have Arrowos but am not that happy.
Would you stay on Arrowos or switch to the new Miui14?
I've been lurking around this forum but stayed with stock ROMs, all I can say about MIUI Pad 14 is that it's not like the MIUI 14 you hear, it's missing a lot of MIUI 14 quirks like more privacy options, power menu restriction without authentication, supericons, etc. The only noticable features are more RAM extension and Gallery app's text extraction. Don't bother switching to 14 if 13 wasn't enough for you.

mr.asmiai

Oct 11, 2012
I've been lurking around this forum but stayed with stock ROMs, all I can say about MIUI Pad 14 is that it's not like the MIUI 14 you hear, it's missing a lot of MIUI 14 quirks like more privacy options, power menu restriction without authentication, supericons, etc. The only noticable features are more RAM extension and Gallery app's text extraction. Don't bother switching to 14 if 13 wasn't enough for you.

I switched from Arrow OS to MIUI14 yesterday. I have to say the Miui is much better. "Hey Google" works again. Dolby Atmos and sound quality has also improved. I'll stay on Miui14 for now.

Reactions: micbanand

ovexi

Nov 12, 2009
Mississauga, ON
Did you flash Chrome with GApps or install from Playstore? Could try wiping cache and data of the app and start a fresh, or if installed from Playstore wipe cache and data then uninstall and reinstall.
Chrome came as part of the Gapps package and cannot be uninstalled. Anyway looks like clearing the data/cache fixed the problem.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Fahaddz

Oct 28, 2022
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Hey there!

I just wanted to drop a quick message to express my appreciation to the developers for the awesome work they did with this ROM. I've been using it on my pad 5 for about a month now and it's been amazing so far. I'm thoroughly impressed with the performance and functionality of the ROM, and I can tell that a lot of hard work and dedication went into its development. Thanks again for all your efforts!

However, despite my overall positive experience, I've been experiencing some audio problems that have been causing me a bit of frustration. Sometimes the audio cuts out or doesn't work properly in certain apps. And there's also this weird thing where I can only hear the background music when watching a show, but not the dialogue. I've tried using some Magisk modules such as Miui Core v4.6 and Mi Sound Dolby Atmos Redmi M2012K11AC v1 to fix the issue, but unfortunately, the problems persist.

I really hope the developers can address these issues soon because I'd love to keep using this ROM. Thanks again for all your hard work, and keep up the good job!

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 6
The same happens to me. Impossible to access the site.
couldn't access the arrow official site the entire day. Is just me?
I know and appreciate that Dev's don't often allow/like mirrors or such, but given that the site can't be accessed I am temporarily uploading a copy of Arrow-v13.0-nabu-OFFICIAL-20230103-GAPPS.zip to mega. Will post link when it is done which I'll leave open until I'm asked not to or until the Arrow site is running again. Hope this is OK @K001droid - is this acceptable? Thanks for the awesome ROM BTW

Reactions: K001droid

gustavo333

Mar 29, 2023
I know and appreciate that Dev's don't often allow/like mirrors or such, but given that the site can't be accessed I am temporarily uploading a copy of Arrow-v13.0-nabu-OFFICIAL-20230103-GAPPS.zip to mega. Will post link when it is done which I'll leave open until I'm asked not to or until the Arrow site is running again. Hope this is OK @K001droid - is this acceptable? Thanks for the awesome ROM BTW
that would be great. Thanks in advance.

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 6
Just tried to flash it a couple of times, it stops in 2% with total xfer 0,05. :(
Just downloaded the same file from mega and ran a SHA check against original. Seems to have gotten corrupted during upload. New one will be done in about 10 mins all going well.

EDIT: here you go I'm just downloading myself to double chech the SHA again. Will let you know if all is well...

EDIT 2: SHA check pass, good to go

Last edited:

gustavo333

Mar 29, 2023
Just downloaded the same file from mega and ran a SHA check against original. Seems to have gotten corrupted during upload. New one will be done in about 10 mins all going well.

EDIT: here you go I'm just downloading myself to double chech the SHA again. Will let you know if all is well...

EDIT 2: SHA check pass, good to go
Will try right away. Good nigth man

gustavo333

Mar 29, 2023
just installed the rom. Works great and didn'd have audio problems as far i can tell. Just one question, the arrow os improves the performance on games compared to miui 14?
I saw a youtube video with a score of 3700 on 3d mark wild test. i got around 3300, a litle below the miui actually

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS for Xiaomi Pad 5 (nabu)(sm8150)

Code:
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything (including Xiaomi Stylus/Mi Pen and Xiaomi Keyboard) except proprietary features like Mi Pen (they will likely not work in AOSP, but we aim to make it work in the near future if we get the time and pen)

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOAD
    supported versions:
    - arrow-13.0 based on android13
    - arrow-12.1 based on android12L

Click here to Download
    Select "nabu" from Xiaomi tab
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device, choose Arrow version, and choose the build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

HOW TO FLASH | RECOVERY DOWNLOAD

Firmware: MIUI android12 firmware but any fw from MIUI a11 to latest will work!

GPL compliance:
    ROM Source
    - https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source- https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_nabu

Contributors: kubersharma001, ganeshi4u, LynnrinChan

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

Donate: https://www.paypal.me/kubersharma001
    UPI: 001ks001@kotak

ENJOY
    I guess you all might wanna check out:

Mi Pen now works w/ palm rejection just like MIUI in official ArrowOS!
    hoorah! :D

----x----

1. ArrowOS 13.0 (android13) is here for Xiaomi Pad 5 (nabu) | OFFICIAL
    2. New Update of ArrowOS 12.1 / 12L is here for Xiaomi Pad 5 (nabu) | OFFICIAL

Changelogs:
    DEVICE:

- Supports Xiaomi Stylus/Mi Pen
    - Latest MIUI Android 12 odm,vendor base (you can use latest a12 fw but a11 fw will work fine too thanks to vendor_freeze)
    - Ships with custom-kernel/source-compiled ArrowOS kernel
    - Lots of other misc changes
    ROM: https://arrowos.net/changelog.php

How to flash?:
    https://kubersharma001.com/arrowos-for-xiaomi-pad-5-nabu

Donate: 001KS001@kotak | PayPal
    Hello all.
    This is a comparison of Awaken OS and the new Arrow OS 13.1 update.
    I've tried out the new Arrow OS 13.1 and I have to say there are definitely improvements! Many things got fixed. Unfortunately the battery life is still not good. Awaken OS wins at that point. It has a noticible longer battery life. The biggest issue for me got solved: The screen doesn't freeze anymore while gaming and the Sound doesn't disappear anymore! In the Settings, I see that now you can use the Dirac Sound Enhancer without the App crashing like before. Furthermore it seems like Face Unlock got removed, which Awaken OS does have. You can use the attached LSposed Module and after enabling it install the attached APK to use Face Unlock anyway. You may have to download and import the Motorola Face Unlock APK. Only use Version 01.03.0312 or it won't work. You can find the File easily in the Web. I recommend using the latest LSposed Version. It worked perfectly for me. I'm not responsible for any bricks. When rebooting the device, you need to go to Settings and turn off and on the Keyboard toggle to be able to use it. The Pen works great in both ROMs. In Awaken OS the Keyboard isn't supported but you can use the Magisk Module I've attached in the Awaken OS Thread. Here's the Link to my Comment: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-13-0-official-awaken-os-nabu-19-03-2023.4566857/post-88365003 Scroll a bit down to find all the other Magisk Modules I use. IMPORTANT: It seems like some people could't boot into the OS after flashing the MIUI Core. All other Modules seem to work good for everyone. Do it on you own risk. For me it woked perfectly fine. Anyway, I've tested the Magisk Module that enables the Keyboard and it works very good. The provided Permessive File of the developer of Awaken OS didn't work for me so I don't recommended flashing it. In Awaken OS, sometimes you need to reopen the Notification Center to see your Notifications which seems like a small bug. Arrow OS doesn't have this issue. The performance seems to be great in both ROMs. When swiping up the Taskbar, you may sometimes have trouble opening the recent Apps Menu. Swiping up the Taskbar to see some Apps where you can split the Screen to use multiple Apps at once doesn't work for me at all. It only worked once: After the first flash of this ROM. After rebooting once and then several times, it stopped working. Anyway, it was kind of hard to swipe up a bit and not really easy and comfortable to do. In Awaken OS both things work great.
    Overall I'd say Awaken OS is the better ROM. It just feels more stable for me. But Arrow OS may still get better because this update has delivered really good fixes. Anyway, Awaken OS isn't perfect too but I am flashing it back tomorrow because it's my personal winner due to it's stability, performance and battery life. But actually both are now pretty good so you may like Arrow OS more.
    Edit: I am back on Arrow OS 3.1 because Awaken OS 3.6 is really unstable and keeps crashing. Actually it seems like after the update Arrow OS has a better battery life than before and it's not bad overall! Definetly!
    I hope this helps anybody.
    Bye.
    Latest ArrowOS 13.0 update is here for Mi Pad 5 (nabu) By kubersharma001, LynnrinChan and ganeshvarma

Mi Pen and Mi Keyboard both work
    High pitched audio issues on voice should be fixed
    Other improvements and changes

Have any issues flashing? Read the goddamn instructions post https://kubersharma001.com/arrowos-for-xiaomi-pad-5-nabu

What firmware to use? Any that works for you if you can't decide to use whatever your region 's fw is. I see a lot of people blindly flashing CN fw.

Support: kubersharma001chat and Lynnrin_group (on telegram)

PS: When downloading select arrow-13 and OFFICIAL tabs not experimental🤦‍♂
    Do not flash stupid mods that break system and come back to me complaining. If you wanna mod, learn to deal with it.

Donate:
    Kuber:
    001KS001@kotak | http://paypal.me/kubersharma001
    Lynnrin:

Enjoy
    Hello, guys. I have been super busy so I may not be posting anything on XDA and hardly anything over my TG channels. OTAs will keep releasing/builds will be up on the website.
    ALSO:
    I do not own the Xiaomi Keyboard, it seems the latest changes broke it for some users which should be fixed in the latest release.

A lot of people are asking me if this is a good tablet for art or not. I am a simple man and have very basic tablet needs. I do not own a pen (too expensive) nor can I draw something good. Please, can someone with a pen or knowledge of apps which works best for artists give their short insights so I can refer people here?