[ROM] ArrowOS for Moto G5 Plus [OFFICIAL][8.1.0][Potter]

Search This thread

sinchan_nohara

Mar 20, 2015
Redmi Note 8 Pro
I'm very picky with ROMs apparently, but this one really works for me. All the things that were bugging me about Lineage, this doesn't have. This is more-or-less the experience I was looking for with Lineage originally- a basic rom that feels like what stock should have been. Notification light, passes safety net, everything more-or-less works the way you'd think and is found where you expect it to be. Smooth and great, this ROM deserves a lot more love than it is getting!!

Only thing that I'm concerned about is battery. First day I used it alot so I had a decent amount of SOT, but today I'm using it less yet still seeing steady battery depletion. Could just be that the battery needs to be calibrated, nothing in particular seems to be draining it more than normal.

AGREED!

Any update on the battery for you? Does it get better over time? My phone does seem to be using more power than I expected in standby too. I'm wondering if it has to do with how it is handling the radio? Reception seems different than stock, but it might just be the bars are displaying differently.

Sad that the P version is getting more attention, Oreo is rock solid and aside from battery, everything seems to work as well (or better) than stock!

Actually now I am using arrow 9.0 and standby drain is gone in android pie and it's as good as arrow 8.1 just check if double tap to wake feature is on or not it drains a lot of battery in stand by mod and it's on by default on arrow 8.1

Last edited:

jrc2

Nov 7, 2013
I was on the pie version, but switched to this until the bugs get worked out. VoLTE works!

I have a question about SafetyNet though: certification passes in Google Play store, but my bank's app and LastPass still detect a rooted device. I can still use Lastpass after accepting the warning, but I cannot login to my bank's app if it detects root. I have not rooted the phone though, so is it just detecting the custom rom? I didn't really want to have to mess with Magisk if I don't have to.

Edit: Would a kernel like Extended Kernel help?

Edit2: Nope, I tried AceKernel and the bank app still doesn't work.

Edit3: Changed "test-keys" to "release-keys" in build.prop and bank app is happy now :)

Last edited:

nitinbhalla95

Sep 24, 2016
I was on the pie version, but switched to this until the bugs get worked out. VoLTE works!

I have a question about SafetyNet though: certification passes in Google Play store, but my bank's app and LastPass still detect a rooted device. I can still use Lastpass after accepting the warning, but I cannot login to my bank's app if it detects root. I have not rooted the phone though, so is it just detecting the custom rom? I didn't really want to have to mess with Magisk if I don't have to.

Edit: Would a kernel like Extended Kernel help?

Edit2: Nope, I tried AceKernel and the bank app still doesn't work.

Edit3: Changed "test-keys" to "release-keys" in build.prop and bank app is happy now :)

How did you do? Can you please shere steps .
I also want to use my bank app but they detect phone is rooted and I had hidden bank apps in magisk but same as well ?

jrc2

Nov 7, 2013
How did you do? Can you please shere steps .
I also want to use my bank app but they detect phone is rooted and I had hidden bank apps in magisk but same as well

First, I flashed this ROM, openGapps, and AceKernel. I did not root or use Magisk at all. To edit build.prop, I followed these steps so I could do it without rooting: https://www.theandroidsoul.com/edit-build-prop-without-root-using-adb-in-twrp-recovery/

I think ro.build.tags is what I changed from test-keys to release-keys.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

I am deciding on installing the Pie version or this. Are you having battery drain/problems on this as others have reported?

Nope, not at all. I did also flash AceKernel, but I did not do anything with Kernel Auditor or any tweaks like that.

XoticPhones

Nov 16, 2014
Nope, not at all. I did also flash AceKernel, but I did not do anything with Kernel Auditor or any tweaks like that.

Oh, what's AceKernal / what does it do? I've never heard of it.

I installed Android Messages and tried to enable dark mode but the phone just spazzed out on this ROM. The screen kept flashing white/black forever.

Last edited:

jrc2

Nov 7, 2013
Oh, what's AceKernal / what does it do? I've never heard of it.

I installed Android Messages and tried to enable dark mode but the phone just spazzed out on this ROM. The screen kept flashing white/black forever.

See https://xdaforums.com/g5-plus/development/potter-acekernel-v1-10-t3801466

I'm not sure what all it does without Kernel Auditor, but I didn't want to root just to install that.

Everything works how I'd expect, except Pandora music is killed in the background, even when I turn off battery optimization for them. That's apparently an Oreo issue, but most forums are saying turning off battery optimization should fix it. It also could be a Pandora issue (I'll test with a different music app later)

jrc2

Nov 7, 2013
Does anyone have an issue with the clock app being killed in the background? My alarm hasn't gone off since switching to this ROM (the first time the usual disclaimer about that applied to me :D ). I guess it could be the same thing killing music apps in the background. I've set them to unoptimized in battery settings, but that didn't change them being killed.

myshkommp

Apr 19, 2014
Chernivtsi
OnePlus 7T
ArrowOS Official: https://t.me/Arrow_OS/164

Dear community one of our team member KuberSharma has been diagnosed with low blood platelets and hospitalised. He is in need of O+ blood for platelets transfusion. If any of you guys are of that blood group and lives in Delhi (India) kindly contact us and help in spreading this message.

contact us,

Thankyou.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

ArrowOS Official: https://t.me/Arrow_OS/166

UPDATE

We have a good news, that Kuber has got enough donors and he is being treated.

Thank you all for your help & support! [emoji846]

Puneet@1208

Sep 17, 2017
There's no option for fingerprint authentication in settings. Can you tell me how to enable that?
Also google camera keeps crashing.

i installed this rom on stock oreo.

---------- Post added at 05:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

can i install elementalx kernel on this rom?

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

can i install elementalx kernel on this rom?

Banana Joe

Aug 6, 2016
hey guys! LOS 15.1 is acting up with me (Youtube Vanced stopped working), and I'm about to move away from it, but I'm too busy atm to properly backup and prepare a move to another OS, would dirty-flashing Arrow 8.1 on top of it work?

cheers!

KidoLMGP

Aug 29, 2017
San Miguel de Tucumán
Can I flash the ROM without formatting the DATA partition? Kind of a dirty flash, but I have no problem formatting SYSTEM... I'm actually using Pixel Experience 8.1 but I wanna try something different without configuring everything from the start

Top Liked Posts