You are on stock 6.0.1 MM meanz your on marshmallow bootloader and this rom is based on 5.1.1 firmware so to use the rom, you have to either downgrade your firmware to 5.1.1 or atleast flash lollipop bootloader on your device through odin..You can find both lollipop bootloader as well as how to downgrade to lollipop from marshmallow threads in forum..Check thoseI have SM-N9208 Note 5 DUOS i downloaded the non MM theme one im currently on stock MM firmware,
i did a full wipe and flashed the rom through aroma and chosed the correct variant from the options and then the device displays the bootloader splash screen and then the screen went off!!!!! no sign of any thing?!!
- The project is a source code project. Meaning we are not providing an application and you will not be using it by decompiling it with apktool. There are so many reasons for that that I don't know where to start. Mainly - it's bad enough samsung has made hackers out of all of us and we need to decompile and backdoor their system apps to mod them. What we can provide in source code - we will. We strongly believe in the freedom of code and we share it unconditionally (almost).
- Now what is that "almost? part? Simple... You do NOT need to credit us in any of your work, you do NOT need to thank us, you do NOT need to ask permission to use this project in your rom, you also do NOT need to donate to us (you also can't, we don't have a donate button). YOU DO NEED TO RESPECT THE FREEDOM OF CODE! That means that this code is given to you under the GNU GPL (General Public License). You can review it fully here.
The most relevant part to our discussion is as following:
That being said, the only thing that is required of you is that you keep sharing the code. We are not going to run around xda and "police" people using the code and not providing source. We rely on your word, that by agreeing to use the open source, you will keep it public and provide your sources as well for others to use. This VOIDS xda rule number 12, stating that each dev owns their work. Becasue the rule also states that work that is provided by a lisence that negates exclusivity, is therefore not exclusive. Any work based on this code is not to be held exclusive. And if another developer wants to use an app you built based on this code, you have an obligation to provide your sources.
Thread rules and disclaimaers:
- The code is 100% original and written by us (myself and @Wuby986) for this specific project. All the classes imported from public open source repositories are annotated with original developer signature and our modifications are annotated and dated as well.
- To answer most asked question so far - we don't know how it is different from a custom settings app by ficeto. We have never used it in our roms and we have nerver seen it's code (neither have you). Both apps share the same idea of integrating preferences into settings db using content resolver. You are free to use any app you like. We are not saying which app is better or worse. This is seriously not a competition. To further this disclaimer, it is clear that all apps of this kind will have the same idea of operation. There are features that exist in custom settings apk by ficeto that were requested and included in our project. We have programmed them ourselves, using our own (limited) abilities. We will not engage in any discussion about it any further - you have our word of honor that all our work (ever) is original and a fruit of countless hours of study and programming. We might not be the best (far from it) but we are very honest. If anyone has any question about it, remember that whatsapp and skype can both make internet calls. We rest our case here and now. If anyone has any doubt about the authenticity of our work, it's between you and your god from now on.
- This project requires extensive knowledge in android development. As mentioned above, if you don't know how to mod system, this app is of no use to you. We will not be answering questions about smali mods.
- This project requires basic knowledge in operating android studio. You need to have it installed and operational in order to work with the code. You need to have android sdk and all the support libraries updated.
- This project requires SOME coding expirience or AT LEAST an open mind to getting a crash course. You will not be required to do heavy java lifting to use this app, but it would help if you knew alittle bit.
- We cannot teach you how to use android studio, debug problems related to it and so on. We will provide basic instructions as to how to add items to the navigation drawer list, how to add preference fragments with ease, we will explain the idea of out code and different preferences to you. Beyond that - it's on you. We cannot and will not teach you to be a programmer. If you want to know more - the web is wide and google is your friend.
- We cannot debug your code problems. This thread is for development discussion related to the project itself. If you need some requests, questions regarding exsisting code, remarks, improvements, you're more than welcome to join a github project and commit your code for everyone's benefit.