• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM]Asus Zenfone Pro Max M1 ROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro/Ai(Whyred)

Search This thread

Bolumstar

May 10, 2015
Port Harcourt
youtube.com
@Bolumstar

Goodix sensors are kinda problematic. I think rom needs some patches to work with it. So there isn't much you can do. Mebay try flashing custom kernel together with it

Sent from my whyred using XDA Labs

I heard Elemental X kernel works well with Goodix FP Sensor but will have to check out next week as my fingerprint scanner is working fine on Pixel Experience

timy7

Aug 7, 2007
..after using this port I see that miui sucks...this port so good on battery I start to think of selling my note 5pro and buy a Asus Zenfone Pro Max M1 really...

and thanks for this nice port...

Reactions: irfanbd94

YasuHamed

Dec 17, 2013
1. any random reboots ?
2. audio call volume on whatsapp?
3. does screen goes off while listening to audio notes of whatsapp?
4. what do u mean flashing lazyflasher? why to flashlazy flasher? plz explain...
5. gapps included? (seems like since the size of this rom is 1.7) but i am just confirming for document purposes
6. what are other default apps, plz post your drawer screenshort .

irfanbd94

May 31, 2012
Chittagong
1. any random reboots ?
2. audio call volume on whatsapp?
3. does screen goes off while listening to audio notes of whatsapp?
4. what do u mean flashing lazyflasher? why to flashlazy flasher? plz explain...
5. gapps included? (seems like since the size of this rom is 1.7) but i am just confirming for document purposes
6. what are other default apps, plz post your drawer screenshort .
1.No
2.Ok
3.No
4.It is optional,not required in this rom(To avoid memory encryption only for TWRP(in Redwolf/orange fox have built in))
5.yes
6.Most are google apps with 2/3 asus app...it is almost stock Android.

Reactions: YasuHamed

Bolumstar

May 10, 2015
Port Harcourt
youtube.com

This is coming too late as I have moved on to other ROMs but will definitely come back as this one doesn't have temporary Screen burn issues
I will download this and keep but my thought was also to try Flashing Non-ARB firmware MIUI 10.0.0.4 stable and see if it fix the issue

reddsmokee

Nov 11, 2014
Tokat
This rom is so good! So snappy! And battery life is great. It is also the only rom which, together with happyman camera fix, has a working gcam front camera for me. Note 5 AI user here.

Could you give exact your camera fix and gcam version? I installed this rom and using 1.035 patch for 8.1 and using gcam arnova 8.3b1 but when i take a photo first from front cam it doesn't work. I have to take a photo rear cam firstly and than front cam works however. And i didn't install any camera2api fix but manuel camera compabilities shows it's ok. Should i install camera2api even so?

And i want to ask to OP for good battery backup. Which kernel should i use for good battery? Or should i continue to use stock kernel? @irfanbd94

Veelog

Jun 12, 2015
Naga City, Camarines Sur
Could you give exact your camera fix and gcam version? I installed this rom and using 1.035 patch for 8.1 and using gcam arnova 8.3b1 but when i take a photo first from front cam it doesn't work. I have to take a photo rear cam firstly and than front cam works however. And i didn't install any camera2api fix but manuel camera compabilities shows it's ok. Should i install camera2api even so?

And i want to ask to OP for good battery backup. Which kernel should i use for good battery? Or should i continue to use stock kernel? @irfanbd94

Hi, I installed both the twrp and miui version of the patch, from then on gcam front camera works. As for the battery life, I guess the older version is more battery efficient. Hope this helps mate.

Reactions: reddsmokee

Top Liked Posts