• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [ATHENE] [8.1][OFFICIAL] **crDroid** v4.7.1

Search This thread

Avtrkrb

Jul 12, 2018
Bengaluru

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. 
* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

Features
Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

Official ROM Download Page

DOWNLOAD ROM (AFH)

GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your Athene, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (TWRP)
1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
2) Boot into Recovery
3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
4) Flash ROM
8) Flash gapps
9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
You tell me

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files

Thanks to:

- @theHari08, @DizzyBinary for your help & insights in building the ROM, @rajatgupta1998 for the awesome Reviver Kernel
- Google
- LineageOS
- SlimRoms
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- OmniRom
- NamelessROM
- Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Sources
Device Tree
Kernel Tree
Vendor Tree

Last edited:

akshakya7

Jun 8, 2016
First ROM that am flashing. no network..help..

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Sim not detecting..

vjclau

Apr 18, 2015
Awesome rom , no bugs,no lags, good work, good job, thanks

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Just litle problem, I saw that the battery is fast charging up to 80% percent then slowly load up to 100%

vjclau

Apr 18, 2015
With stock rom fast charging 100% procent , 0-100% fast charging all time

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Maybe this rom is normal fast charger, different from stock

ArthurRio

Sep 30, 2018
Fortaleza
This rom is good?, i already read the of this thread but i still on doubt, my moto g4 plus(XT1640) is on stock rom 7.0, is very good now, i'm think change the rom, this rom is good? No bugs? No lags? The SIM Chip is working?? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. 
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

Features
    Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

Official ROM Download Page

DOWNLOAD ROM (AFH)

GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your Athene, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (TWRP)
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    8) Flash gapps
    9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    You tell me

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- @theHari08, @DizzyBinary for your help & insights in building the ROM, @rajatgupta1998 for the awesome Reviver Kernel
    - Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Sources
    Device Tree
    Kernel Tree
    Vendor Tree
    September 2018 build
    32 bit arm
    New build: crDroidAndroid-8.1-20181006-athene-v4.6.1
    Arch: arm
    Security Patch: October 2018

Changelog

Download link
    Thanks to everyone who is using my builds. I hope to give you builds as long as crDroid keeps updating their Oreo sources with security patches.

Some of you pointed out that sim detection issues is caused by opengapps. I would request someone to try out Mindthegapps & let me know if the sim detection issues are present even in those. I personally use microG so I do not have any such sim detection issues. I've heard that mindthegapps is much more stabler compared to opengapps, so kindly someone try this out & post it here if possible. :)
    I do highly recommend that you use microG if your up for it.

Speaking of random reboots, personally I haven't seen any random reboots or lags & I'm a casual gamer (not PUBG though).
    Kindly send proper logcats & I'll look into the issues. There are threads on how to fetch a logcat in XDA so please use the search functionality.

Some of you mentioned you could not download from AFH. crDroid uploads all the official updates to AFH, but I'll try to provide an alternative download link over the weekend. Kindly bear with me for delays because I'm working even on weekends this week, so I'll find the time to provide alternate download links. :)

There is a pre-built app for screen recording & sound recording, but for call recording you'll have to go for third party apps found on PlayStore.
    Regards
    Good to see a new member in athmeme family :p