• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] [ Athene ] AICP - 12.1 | OFFICIAL NIGHTLIES

Search This thread

yeshwanthvshenoy

Dec 12, 2016
Chennai
yeshwanthvshenoy.github.io

GhQyhHk.png

AICP

Android Ice Cold Project​

AICP is known by everyone as Ice Cold Project that started on Desire HD and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, Rom has always been AOKP based. Unfortunately, since AOKP either stopped development or will make a comeback later this year, we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them or CM team if it concerns their modifications. This rom isn't CM supported so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!

3ueQ7DH.png
In the beginning we would like to thank:

CM team
maxwen
SlimBean rom team
CarbonRom team
LiquidSmooth rom team
Omni rom team
DU team
Community

ISn0uXd.png

@LorD ClockaN
@zipsnet
@n3ocort3x
@semdoc
@eyosen
@alienmind
@Chezbel
@Drgravy
@eboye

3U7XWsV.png

Any bug report here needs to be supported by logs, if not I will ignore the bug report.

Download link: http://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/?device=athene

Bugs:
  • Same as in CM

Device source : https://github.com/AICP/device_motorola_athene

XDA:DevDB Information
AICP, ROM for the Moto G4 Plus

Contributors
ashwin007, vache, Shreps, Silesh.Nair , rahulsnair
Source Code: https://github.com/AICP

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP, Unlocked bootloader

Version Information
Created 2016-12-24

Last edited:

Cheddart

Nov 14, 2013
Unfortunately I can't make the logcat right now, but as far as I can see, not an amazing battery life and issues with Installing apks and gallery. It also seams that the battery bar blend colour option is not available. Apart from that, great ROM. If some of those are fixed, will be my daily driver.

Enviado de meu Moto G4 Plus usando Tapatalk

yeshwanthvshenoy

Dec 12, 2016
Chennai
yeshwanthvshenoy.github.io
Unfortunately I can't make the logcat right now, but as far as I can see, not an amazing battery life and issues with Installing apks and gallery. It also seams that the battery bar blend colour option is not available. Apart from that, great ROM. If some of those are fixed, will be my daily driver.

Enviado de meu Moto G4 Plus usando Tapatalk

The first day, I too had battery drain but from the second day onwards it has been quite great. Even if not great, definitely not bad. Issues with installing apks and gallery kindly give me a logcat along with the model and other details. Battery blend colour option, I will check with the team about this.

This is by far the best Nougat ROM I've used!!

Great battery life, Great Stability, Great Features, and surprisingly, It seems to have Google assistant enabled out of the box!!

Dayum great work @yeshwanthvshenoy @vache

Thank you so much!!

1484d4393f297202cb522d9d145d0677.jpg

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using Tapatalk

I must be frank about it, I never knew Google Assistant was enabled out of the box? Did you just install the apk? I never used any mods or third party apps other than FB, Whatsapp, Quora, Telegram. :D

Reactions: pico hackr

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
Springfield
This is by far the best Nougat ROM I've used!!

Great battery life, Great Stability, Great Features, and surprisingly, It seems to have Google assistant enabled out of the box!!

Can you give some details on battery life? I only ask because I have read the same claim on several other custom ROM'S and they all wind up falling far short (battery life) of what I see in my current stock setup. For example, I've gone 46 hours with moderate to heavy usage and my battery is only down to 43%.

1chrome

Feb 20, 2016
Bangalore, India
The first day, I too had battery drain but from the second day onwards it has been quite great. Even if not great, definitely not bad. Issues with installing apks and gallery kindly give me a logcat along with the model and other details. Battery blend colour option, I will check with the team about this.

I must be frank about it, I never knew Google Assistant was enabled out of the box? Did you just install the apk? I never used any mods or third party apps other than FB, Whatsapp, Quora, Telegram. :D
No no mods installed.

It even showed up in the first time setup where Google asks for permissions!

Thanks for the ROM man. You're awesome!

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Weather Widget pls :)
It's the widget from Weather Timeline app.

I've given it a black colour and since my wall is also black, it blends.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Can you give some details on battery life? I only ask because I have read the same claim on several other custom ROM'S and they all wind up falling far short (battery life) of what I see in my current stock setup. For example, I've gone 46 hours with moderate to heavy usage and my battery is only down to 43%.
Well, I listen to a lot of music on speaker and earphone.

I use WhatsApp, Instagram, Inbox, Tapatalk, MX Player, Browse a lot, and also edit pictures occasionally.

Not the ideal scenario to gauge, but I do have Greenify turned on with Aggressive Doze and most of system apps hibernated most of the time.

Good battery (for me) is when my phone doesn't drain much on standby inspite of being on dual SIM setup with WiFi on most of the time.

Active usage drain for me clocks at about 10% an hour (continuous screen on usage) but I'm okay with that as I usually have a charging port nearby.

Honestly, the best was RR which literally lasted me a good 22 hours on standby+active use. But I ditched it for AICP as it has a few bugs and a hell lot of features I won't use.

As this is again a Nightly, I'm expecting battery to improve over time.

Off topic, but @yeshwanthvshenoy, any idea why Quark kernel isn't working on this ROM?

Maybe that could improve battery like it did for RR and CM ;P

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GhQyhHk.png

AICP

Android Ice Cold Project​

AICP is known by everyone as Ice Cold Project that started on Desire HD and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, Rom has always been AOKP based. Unfortunately, since AOKP either stopped development or will make a comeback later this year, we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them or CM team if it concerns their modifications. This rom isn't CM supported so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!

3ueQ7DH.png
    In the beginning we would like to thank:

CM team
    maxwen
    SlimBean rom team
    CarbonRom team
    LiquidSmooth rom team
    Omni rom team
    DU team
    Community

ISn0uXd.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @zipsnet
    @n3ocort3x
    @semdoc
    @eyosen
    @alienmind
    @Chezbel
    @Drgravy
    @eboye

3U7XWsV.png

Any bug report here needs to be supported by logs, if not I will ignore the bug report.

Download link: http://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/?device=athene

Bugs:
    • Same as in CM

Device source : https://github.com/AICP/device_motorola_athene

XDA:DevDB Information
    AICP, ROM for the Moto G4 Plus

Contributors
    ashwin007, vache, Shreps, Silesh.Nair , rahulsnair
    Source Code: https://github.com/AICP

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP, Unlocked bootloader

Version Information
    Created 2016-12-24
    It's 7.1.0 or 7.1.1?

android-7.1.1_r6

Is It Different From Vache's AICP?

Well not very much but this one is now official. Vache has been kind enough to let me continue with official.
    Nearly 3 months and we now have a new build in nightly. Will be moving it to weekly soon. Grab the zips from http://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/?device=athene .
    New Athene unofficial build by James Norris. ElementalX is now baked in and kernel is compiled with Linaro TC. Buttery isn't the word to describe this build. Get your flash on! Make sure you get EX Kernel Manager to unlock this kernels full potential. http://downloads.hostingsharedbox.com/james/aicp/
    MD5: 0e268a7b0b70c8177bd415c77a82d76d

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using XDA Labs
    The latest update (0106) causes the developer options to crash Settings when I try to access it. Rolled back to 0105 version for now.

We are merging 7.1.1_r13 and revamping few stuff. Probably the nightly on Jan 6 got built before the whole stuff for merged. Look out for the nightly after Jan 8 or so. It will be more stable.