[ROM][ATT][4.3] Illusion v2.5 - 8|25|13

Search This thread

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
Re: [ROM][DEVIANT][d2att][4.2.2] Deviant Xone - 4|1|13

@Tenor ya I knew it was Theme related lol.

T-Mobile SGS III

stevehkim

Oct 29, 2011

The freakin battery life on this rom is absolutely a monster. Did a fresh install this morning so my battery started at 83% from bootup. Its been almost 10 hours off the charger, 2 hours 30 mins screen on and i have 55% battery life left. Im on stock battery. Plus signal inside my house sux. Using bms kernel. Great job on this one Mike. And thanks to the testers wally and mt3g and whomever i left out. Anyone not trying this rom you really need to. No joke. I thought liquidsmooth was good. Your work just keeps getting better and better Mike.

ATT SGS3 dipped in Smooth Liquid. Asswaxed by BMS.

bakasam

Jun 4, 2012
Anyone else's phone freezing up when you pull down the notification bar from the lockscreen? It's happening occasionally so its not "everytime" but if i pull down the notification bar it "stops" halfway and is just stuck there forcing me to do a battery pull

Came from a full wipe and I'm on BMS kernel and have Dashclock as my only lockscreen widget if it matters

Don't have a logcat to post but i'll try to get one up later.

Otherwise great rom!

wally3614

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 27, 2007
Jacksonville
xdaforums.com

Anyone else's phone freezing up when you pull down the notification bar from the lockscreen? It's happening occasionally so its not "everytime" but if i pull down the notification bar it "stops" halfway and is just stuck there forcing me to do a battery pull

Came from a full wipe and I'm on BMS kernel and have Dashclock as my only lockscreen widget if it matters

Otherwise great rom!

Yes its a known bug, the 3/31 task kernel cleared that up for me

DeviantXONE fo real yawl!

Tunasty

Feb 24, 2013
Chicago
xdaforums.com

Otherwise great rom!

Sounds more of Kernel issue. Are you upto date with BMS (Easter version)?

Yes its a known bug, the 3/31 task kernel cleared that up for me

I'm very familiar with flashing Roms but not kernels. What do you suggest is the best kernel to flash with this Rom? So far it's running great. Just wanted to try out a kernel

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

wally3614

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 27, 2007
Jacksonville
xdaforums.com

I'm very familiar with flashing Roms but not kernels. What do you suggest is the best kernel to flash with this Rom? So far it's running great. Just wanted to try out a kernel

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

As Tunasty(love his xda name) stated part is personal preference other part is your phone liking the kernel or not. It is near impossible to find two s3's that react the same with even the same set up.

Reactions: Tunasty

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix

cant get weather to work on clock widget. works on dashclock... any suggestions?

Works just make sure you have the right options chosen

T-Mobile SGS III

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364929764240.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364929764240.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 400
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364929781889.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364929781889.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 407

bakasam

Jun 4, 2012

Yeah I'm on the easter edition. Phone pretty much freezes up unless I do a battery pull. Gonna give the stock kernel a try and test it out

Edit:: Def seems like a kernel thing. Went back to stock kernel and haven't had any crashes since

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: Dabberz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

9037406377_6c02fe2ba3_o.png

img1.png
    img2.png

img3.png
    img4.png

img5.png

Nox Icon Pack: Get them HERE!!

Illusion is BACK!!! We'd like to give HUGE credits to SlimRoms for an incredible base! We'd also like to give credit to CyanogenMod, Paranoid Android, Root-Box, TeamBaked, AOKP, BeerGang and UltimatumKang. These teams/people, in some way, helped make what you guys are using (about to use) what it is today :).

FEATURES

Dark UI
    Hybrid Settings
    • LCD Density Settings
    • Per-App DPI Settings
    • StockUI
    • PhabletUI
    • TabletUI

Illusion Settings & ROM Control:
    • Dual Pane
    • Low Battery Warning
    • cLock
    • Custom Hardware Keys
    • Widgets Viewpager
    • Notification Drawer Options
    • Power sound on plug-in/plug-out
    • Custom Lockscreen Sliders & Shortcuts
    • Navbar Customizations
    • PIE Controls
    • Power Menu Controls
    • Power Widget Settings
    • Custom QuickSettings
    • Custom Statusbar Options
    • Custom Sounds Settings
    • Custom Phone Settings
    • Custom MMS Settings
    • Integrated Superuser
    • CyanogenMod's Privacy Guard
    • Nova Launcher
    • RoundR
    • App Sidebar
    • 3.4.x Kernel base
    • ......Much more in detail

KNOWN ISSUES

DOWNLOAD

Changelog

Kernel Source: IllusionProject

Aight so here's the "new" news. I'm working on something pretty big. Might take me a week or so to get straight BUT Xone is going to be rebased on CyanogenMod. Yes, it's bare which is what I want, so I can build from there and add features to my liking... Once I get a good amount of features added, I'll do a 2.0 alpha release. Hybrid settings WILL NOT be included right off the back. There's some functionality with the statusbar and navbar that needs reworking... and might just use Hybrid Settings for DPI, Density and UI changes and leave statusbar and navbar separate...

The benefits... I feel linaro breaks quite a bit and makes things more difficult to add. So it'll be removed, you guys won't be able to tell the difference, our devices are high-end in performance. I guess thats why CyanogenMod, AOKP and other devs choose not to use it...
    Google Voicemail playback integration in phone settings will be fixed amongst many other things... Stay tuned peeps, thanks for being on this ride with me...
    Always follow the OP through and through.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN UPDATE TO HELP, I'M OFF ALL DAY TODAY AND TOMORROW AND MONDAY LET ME KNOW WHILE I HAVE TIME TO UPDATE THIS POST

The Emulated /0 folder is always going to be there, save all sdcard stuff on a PC or some where else before flashing.

If things are acting weird, or you have things going on and don't see too many people reporting it.

Redownload rom and gapps
    Wipe via factory reset
    Wipe dalvik and cache
    Format System (upon flashing rom it will do this automatically)
    Then flash rom and gapps, then reboot system. (boot the rom and avoid any 3rd party kernelsat all costs... if issues arise after installing a custom kernel, do not report them here expecting help, it just clutters and makes the rom look no good.)

KNOWN ISSUES
    • Having headphones plugged in while ending a call will cause a reboot.
    • Google Music is causing reboots, I use power amp in the mean time, try other music apps if experiencing the reboots
    • Instagram has a large bug with all S3 and AOSP for taking video.
    • Focal is crazy buggy at the moment expect issues on all fronts for now.
    • Keep em coming if you find em and I can replicate I'll post them here.
    • Expect BlueTooth issues unfortunately. If fixes are around please post them.

LockScreen options are stored in Security

Also if having issues, boot into safe mode and see if issues still persist. Boot into safe mode by holding power button and long press on reboot. This will boot you into no 3rd party apps mode, basically. To get out of it, just reboot normally

To enable root go into Dev Options, scroll to "root access" select adb and apps.
    If you are having root issues still after this, flash this and it should be fixed. At least other users are reporting so... I don't have any root issues.

For Titanium backup do this go into Settings | Preferences | Backup | Folder location | Detect whole device | select legacy

To enable Developer Options, go to; settings|about phone|tap build number 7/8 times

to enable reboot options,(recovery, download) enable advanced reboot in Developer options

You must flash Gapps everytime you install the rom as it wipes system every time. Use the gapps in the original post, if you use other Gapps keep those errors to your self and address the person/dev that made those Gapps.

Other
    Facebook/Instagram acts up and is weird?? Stop using the app.

Update system apps before saying things are broken. (Google Now)

If you decide to run a 3rd party kernel, take your issues about; speed, battery, and reboots to that thread, we cant change their kernel to make it better for you, they can. Thanks.

For cell data when idle it is a 3g icon, then switches don't cry it's normal.

BUNCH OF THEME APKS

This is a work in progress, I'll update it as needed :)
    FAQ PART

• What base is this
      It is based off Slim Bean at the moment, with a lot of changes... It is it's own rom now with a stable base!! :)

• How to change animations easily
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.janis605.framework.tool.beta
    • How to use Floating Window
      Long press on the notification :)

• How to activate pie control?
      settings>navigation>pie control>activate toggle. The trigger is at the bottom, slide your finger up slowly, and it will come up.

• Where are the Touchwiz features?
      In a Touchwiz rom.

• How do I take a screenshot?
      Volume down & power, OR... settings>powermenu>enable the screenshot.
    Almost there guys. Been super busy with real estate stuff but 4.3 is almost there. I'm literally ironing out the later portion of compiling now. Mostly settings and frameworks. Change log is what it is... Nothing has changed.

It will be an alpha though. We'll work on getting it together for s3 and s4 devices. We've got maintainers that will be doing others. Its coming peeps. .. Really soon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Aight folks, this has been on HECK of a ride! 4.3 is running super nicely so far as we work towards adding some features....
    In case you haven't seen the changelog yet, PA Pie and Hybrid Settings were pulled for now.... i'll be adding Hybrid Settings back 1st. Ribbons and Halo are present, Halo took a major update as well, thanks to PA. A new theme is coming, this will be default since it's closest to stock theme.... you guys wanted a blue theme right? ;). Show Annex some love peeps, he's killing the themes! lol.

KeyLimePie theme will be hosted on Google Docs, along with a new theme called KeyLimePurple lol (i think).

So most of you HAVE to be wondering... Mike when can i get my hands on this? Well.... I'm glad you asked guys! S3 and S4 devices will see an update Friday coming.... it WILL be ALPHA, so please don't complain about issues and such!!!

S4 Users guess what???? Headset jack NOW FULLY WORKS! Thanks to CM, they got it working, so expect something close to stability lol.

Stick around peeps, I'm still busy with personal life BUT, I still got you all! Thanks for being patient.... Here's a little "teaser...."

attachment.php