• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Rom ATV9 Android 9.0 Cho Amlogic S912 By DaivietPDA

Search This thread

Chapu22

Dec 16, 2014
Steps for update

Hello, I have a team that is Dolamee D9 with an AMLOGIC S912 ... Here below I leave the complete specifications ...
I would like to know if you can go through the steps to update my TV Box, thank you !!!

Specs:
CPU: Amlogic S912 Octa-Core ARM Cortex A53 2 GHz 64-Bit CPU
GPU: 750 MHz + Processor ARM mali-820mp3 GPU
RAM: 3 GB DDR3
ROM: 16GB eMMC Flash
USB: 2 * 2.0, Disk and HDD
Card reader: SD cards
Support the latest HEVC (H.265 decoding) & surfaces
Support 4K * 2K Super HD Video
HDR support
Optical output
LAN: 10/100/1000 Mbps
WiFi: IEEE 802.11 a / b / g / n, 2.4 G + 5 G dual Wifi
Bluetooth: V4.0
Wired / Wireless Mouse / Keyboard Support
Note: We offer free technical support, you can contact us at any time for any question.
Package includes:
1 * Google Smart Box
1 * Power Adapter (5V 2A)
1 * Remote control
1 * User Manual
1 * HDMI cable

ballstothewall

Jul 30, 2019
Melbourne
Hello, I have a team that is Dolamee D9 with an AMLOGIC S912 ... Here below I leave the complete specifications ...
I would like to know if you can go through the steps to update my TV Box, thank you !!!

Specs:
CPU: Amlogic S912 Octa-Core ARM Cortex A53 2 GHz 64-Bit CPU
GPU: 750 MHz + Processor ARM mali-820mp3 GPU
RAM: 3 GB DDR3
ROM: 16GB eMMC Flash
USB: 2 * 2.0, Disk and HDD
Card reader: SD cards
Support the latest HEVC (H.265 decoding) & surfaces
Support 4K * 2K Super HD Video
HDR support
Optical output
LAN: 10/100/1000 Mbps
WiFi: IEEE 802.11 a / b / g / n, 2.4 G + 5 G dual Wifi
Bluetooth: V4.0
Wired / Wireless Mouse / Keyboard Support
Note: We offer free technical support, you can contact us at any time for any question.
Package includes:
1 * Google Smart Box
1 * Power Adapter (5V 2A)
1 * Remote control
1 * User Manual
1 * HDMI cable

Hi, try the USB burning tool method you need a USB male to male cable: https://youtu.be/TF2ABFj6Cv0
your box may be different however find out the method to upgrade your specific box.

beaverlayland

Feb 5, 2019
T95Z Plus - 2GB/16GB - DDR4 Not Able To Install Rom

Can anyone give me advice on installing this rom on a T95Z Plus 2gb/16gb DDR4 box , I've tried all versions but I either get a blank screen on boot or I get as far as the boot logo which hangs for hours.

luca_brasi

May 18, 2013
Can anyone give me advice on installing this rom on a T95Z Plus 2gb/16gb DDR4 box , I've tried all versions but I either get a blank screen on boot or I get as far as the boot logo which hangs for hours.
If none of the ddr4 versions work with your box maybe you find something on freaktab:

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv...roms-tools-by/809456-rom-android-pie-for-s912

There are lots of atv9 versions, maybe you find one that fits (I read something about a working version for T95Z 2/16 when I was looking for the 3/32 version)

Chapu22

Dec 16, 2014
Hi, try the USB burning tool method you need a USB male to male cable:
your box may be different however find out the method to upgrade your specific box.
Hi! Thanks for the info, maybe I'm doing something wrong as it doesn't work

1607541640585.png

Fortboy

Mar 26, 2014
Support the following types of infrared controls for normal use and on and off:

Tanix control, mecool control, enybox control, himedia control, fly mouse control and voice support

Download aml_upgrade_package_s912-pie-beta2.img tool to run Amlogic + USB + Burning + Tool_v2.1.7.0.exe

have tested this beta on Himedia A5, Nexbox A1, EM92, vibox v8 plus 3G ...

—————————————————————————

The following updates will be added here:

The s912 devices use LPDDR3 RAM a lot, so I don't have the equipment to test, I just built it here and you guys are the testers. (PATCH lpddr3 by HighwayStar)

S912 LPDDR3 WIFI 9377 (ltm8830) spread 100Mbps (M8S PRO L LS ....) aml_upgrade_package_s912-pie-beta2-lpddr3-3G-wifi9377-100.img
S912 LPDDR3 WIFI 9377 lan 1000Mbps (h96 pro + tx9pro 3G LAN1000… ..) aml_upgrade_package_s912-pie-beta2-lpddr3-3G-wifi9377-1000.img
S912 LPDDR3 WIFI BCM4335 (KM6335) lan 100Mbps (M8S PRO L LB) aml_upgrade_package_s912-pie-beta2-lpddr3-3G-BCM4335-100.img
………………………
————————————————————————

S912 ATV9 VERSION FOR TX9PRO 2G / TX3 MINI S912. This is a s912 main configuration which is missing with 2G 8bit ram and emmc4.5 running with lower performance than standard s912 boxes, so can not run with the above Roms, I have built for s912 This is a separate version, pay attention because the performance is not high so if google play store is updating youtube, it will be out youtube while watching, please update or turn off the automatic update, generally works ok.

DOWNLOAD aml_upgrade_package_s912-pie-beta2-ddr3-2g-100-tx9pro.im

I have installed this ROM on Mecool m8s pro lb (S912 LPDDR3 WIFI BCM4335 (KM6335) lan 100Mbps (M8S PRO L LB) ) everything is working except wifi, if i switched ON its automatically OFF

hali04

Apr 22, 2018
Hello Every one,
I have a Tanix TX9 pro and i tested the rom.
The rom work great and please find below my remarks /issues :
- interface not totally smooth when navigate
- No sound at all (interface, youtube, other video)

+ of this rom :
we can launch Coreelec if needed
I was also surprized because every rom i tested has video playing issue with judder. This is the first one without any issue. Playing well on every player (Kodi, VLC)

Good job

biss1

Dec 24, 2014
For sometime now, I downloaded "aml_upgrade_package_s912-pie-beta2.img tool to run Amlogic + USB + Burning + Tool_v2.1.7.0.exe" and flashed it on my NEXBOX A1 (DDR3, 2G, 16G), everything is fine except that the remote is not working. When the Power is on, the led is red, which is supposed to be the off mode.
Is there any fix for the remote controller?

biss1

Dec 24, 2014
I just got a remote.conf file for Nexbox A95X which is the same with the Nexbox A1 remote.

Can somebody give me a clear instruction how to use this in my android box or add it to the firmware and reflash it.

The remote image is attached.

Attachments

• R03 UM-4 Remote.jpeg
    R03 UM-4 Remote.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 12

Doctorbeefy

May 24, 2018
This rom works great for h96 pro plus 3g 32gb, I installed it recently, the only problem I'm having is when I use ethernet connecting to VPN ethernet disconnects from the box my Solution: (1)remove ethernet cable (2)connect VPN with wifi (3)plug ethernet cable back in (4)disconnect wifi and it works on ethernet with VPN.(or you can just use the box on wifi only)
What img file did you burn?

pnbr0014

Sep 8, 2012
The only bad thing about this firmware , you cant passthrough DD Thru HD and DTS HD in kodi.
In settings it doesnt have HDMI passthrough option ,only SPDIF.
In Kodi settings DTS HD and Dolby Thru HD options cant appear.
Does SPDIF actually work though? I use SPDIF for my sound system and SPDIF has been broken on all of the roms i've tried so far.

RenaKunisaki

Jun 16, 2015
Cambridge, Ontario
It works on my TZ95+, but I can't access recovery anymore. (Also, the battery always reads 42%, which is interesting since this device doesn't have a battery.)

Edit: I can access recovery by wiring up the UART, spamming the spacebar during boot, and issuing command "run recovery_from_flash". I can't access it otherwise, and I can't run it from udisk or mmc. It seems like the update changed what it wants for the recovery image?

I was able to install Magisk but it requires booting from the recovery partition every time. I used the bootloader console over UART to make recovery the default boot mode:

#env set bootcmd run recovery_from_flash
#saveenv

Now it works great.

Last edited:

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidansrom.freecluster.eu
It works on my TZ95+, but I can't access recovery anymore. (Also, the battery always reads 42%, which is interesting since this device doesn't have a battery.)

Edit: I can access recovery by wiring up the UART, spamming the spacebar during boot, and issuing command "run recovery_from_flash". I can't access it otherwise, and I can't run it from udisk or mmc. It seems like the update changed what it wants for the recovery image?

I was able to install Magisk but it requires booting from the recovery partition every time. I used the bootloader console over UART to make recovery the default boot mode:

#env set bootcmd run recovery_from_flash
#saveenv

Now it works great.
mask rom mode would of been another option to flash :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Support the following types of infrared controls for normal use and on and off:

Tanix control, mecool control, enybox control, himedia control, fly mouse control and voice support

Download aml_upgrade_package_s912-pie-beta2.img tool to run Amlogic + USB + Burning + Tool_v2.1.7.0.exe

have tested this beta on Himedia A5, Nexbox A1, EM92, vibox v8 plus 3G ...

—————————————————————————

The following updates will be added here:

The s912 devices use LPDDR3 RAM a lot, so I don't have the equipment to test, I just built it here and you guys are the testers. (PATCH lpddr3 by HighwayStar)

S912 LPDDR3 WIFI 9377 (ltm8830) spread 100Mbps (M8S PRO L LS ....) aml_upgrade_package_s912-pie-beta2-lpddr3-3G-wifi9377-100.img
    S912 LPDDR3 WIFI 9377 lan 1000Mbps (h96 pro + tx9pro 3G LAN1000… ..) aml_upgrade_package_s912-pie-beta2-lpddr3-3G-wifi9377-1000.img
    S912 LPDDR3 WIFI BCM4335 (KM6335) lan 100Mbps (M8S PRO L LB) aml_upgrade_package_s912-pie-beta2-lpddr3-3G-BCM4335-100.img
    ………………………
    ————————————————————————

S912 ATV9 VERSION FOR TX9PRO 2G / TX3 MINI S912. This is a s912 main configuration which is missing with 2G 8bit ram and emmc4.5 running with lower performance than standard s912 boxes, so can not run with the above Roms, I have built for s912 This is a separate version, pay attention because the performance is not high so if google play store is updating youtube, it will be out youtube while watching, please update or turn off the automatic update, generally works ok.

DOWNLOAD aml_upgrade_package_s912-pie-beta2-ddr3-2g-100-tx9pro.im
    And of course, if any of you knows a way to get Netflix for AndroidTV working, please share :)
    You can get Netflix for Android TV from here:

I have tested the rom of the friend Amlogic s912 Android Pie ATV by DaivietPDA and it is perfect to the point that all the other rooms are rubbish next to this it is functional without flickering pin problems fast Youtube vance on prog tv beta on netflix HD on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Swj9Suy5U

https://daivietpda.com/2020/07/rom-a...-amlogic-s912/

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l55...Vj32ykzm4/view

Rom ATV9 Android 9.0 Cho Amlogic S912 By DaivietPDA excelent good
    Any chance this might work on a minx u9h? it also has the s912.
    yes it will work, some .IMG and update will work, even remote control
    I would be thankful for quick response.
    Regards,
    for the last step you will need a mouse to drag&drop
    so, go to Settings (the Gear) and then go to Droid Settings then to More Settings, you will enter in "white settings" then go down here to the last option (He Thong) https://i.imgur.com/ygvRTQa.png
    then to the second option here
    https://i.imgur.com/43sCHJb.png
    then click on first option in where is (Viet Nam)
    https://i.imgur.com/lRCaUbT.png
    add new language with +
    then with mouse double click the second language and keep it pressed and drag it up
    https://i.imgur.com/eB4lG9R.png
    that's it