[ROM][Aug 25] Jellybean 4.2.2 for Endeavoru AOSP Build [Kernel 3.1.10] [JDQ39] #20

Search This thread

dengseng

Oct 10, 2011
Adelaide
What are .xx files? 4.1.2 supports MTP and MassStorage, but you have to enable MassStorage (-> notification dropdown -> select notification)

I'm sorry for not explaining clearly...

I was using this 4.2 jellybean ROM
when I plug in my phone through USB, It says my phone is Portable Media Storage.
Then I flashed another 4.1 jellybean sense Rom. (ARHD 15) (wiped and flashed new boot.img)

in recovery,
I manually copied the things from /sdcard/0 to /sdcard
then delete the directory 0

now when I plug in the phone it still is portable media storage
and there's also an additional driver installed...
"HTC sync (cd drive)"

The drivers are installed automatically when I plug in my phone
And there's no other plug in mode
what should I do?

Last edited:

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
now when I plug in the phone it still is portable media storage
and there's also an additional driver installed...
"HTC sync (cd drive)"

The drivers are installed automatically when I plug in my phone
And there's no other plug in mode
what should I do?

If you're still running ARHD then you should ask there - it's nothing at all to do with this rom.

M.

dengseng

Oct 10, 2011
Adelaide
If you're still running ARHD then you should ask there - it's nothing at all to do with this rom.

M.

sorry but I think it's this rom's thingy
cos it happens so after I flashed this rom
do I need to do something to format my sdcard or something?
I'll ask at ARHD too
:confused:

edit : ahh
after asking some questions and searching in some other sense jellybean roms
it's because HTC has removed mass storage like how google has done it in 4.2
thanks for bothering my dumb question

Last edited:

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
Just been stuffing around trying a few new games... noticed that touch does not work with unity engine games. Obviously this may not be entirely the rom's problem, could just as easily be unity... but thought I would make mention all the same.

M.

sibbor

Jul 28, 2008
sibbor.nu
Just been stuffing around trying a few new games... noticed that touch does not work with unity engine games. Obviously this may not be entirely the rom's problem, could just as easily be unity... but thought I would make mention all the same.

M.
All the AOSP derived ROMs for the HOX have had this issue. If you read the changelogs for CM10 on our devices you can see that they've fixed it. Don't know what's causes this. Might be a diff solution on 4.2 rather than 4.1 though.

I've been using this as my daily driver since 25 Nov. It's been fast and rock solid (considering the fact that some hardware doesn't work, as said), until today that I had my first reboot. Sadly, I wasn't able to get hold on a.

Developers, not asking for an ETA, but how are things progressing?

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
All the AOSP derived ROMs for the HOX have had this issue. If you read the changelogs for CM10 on our devices you can see that they've fixed it. Don't know what's causes this. Might be a diff solution on 4.2 rather than 4.1 though.

I've been using this as my daily driver since 25 Nov. It's been fast and rock solid (considering the fact that some hardware doesn't work, as said), until today that I had my first reboot. Sadly, I wasn't able to get hold on a.

Developers, not asking for an ETA, but how are things progressing?

Ah I do now recall it also in very early CM10 days... fixed just a couple of weeks in from memory. And agree (as has been previously stated) that this is perfectly solid as a daily except the noted missing bits. Game stuff is not a dealbreaker for me, will just use my tablet instead :p

M.

pabx

Apr 5, 2011
Zurich
Fix is in kernel and it's rather simple. At work now so can't link it, but tgascoigne's kernel should have this implemented.

Sent from my OneX with love

CM fixed it in the kernel, the 4.1 AOSP fixed it in frameworks/av (or base?). I'll try to find the patch + merge it to our tree.

pabx

Apr 5, 2011
Zurich
I think it's only in kernels ts driver
Tbalden fixed it

I'm pretty sure that we fixed it outside of the kernel in 4.1: We had a long discussion about this on IRC (or maybe i'm mixing it up with the headphone jack detection). I pinged Tom - maybe he remembers how it was done - but patching the kernel would be fine with me too.

Reactions: sibbor

pabx

Apr 5, 2011
Zurich
I'm pretty sure that we fixed it outside of the kernel in 4.1: We had a long discussion about this on IRC (or maybe i'm mixing it up with the headphone jack detection). I pinged Tom - maybe he remembers how it was done - but patching the kernel would be fine with me too.

Just talked with Tom and turns out i'm stupid: 4.1 also fixed it in the kernel - the fix will be included in the next release.

Reactions: bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal

Jun 4, 2010
Newport News, Virginia
bassmadrigal.com
Does this work with all hboot versions?

I'm currently on hboot 0.94, cid is h3g_001

Thanks

No. In the first post, it specifies it does not work on HBOOT 1.31, but most likely it won't work on any HBOOT from 1.23 on up.

Yours will work fine, and cid is irrelevant with the ROMs. It was the limiting factor in upgrading the HBOOT to the newer ones (although, Sense-based Jellybean did require the newer HBOOT). Any AOSP based ROM will work without any deviations on any cid (as long as your HBOOT is below 1.23).

Reactions: kennylovesyou

LorD ClockaN

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Veli Losinj
www.losinj.com

For headphones you could have a fix in kernel or in fwb..

Managed to compile.. Was my system. Now have weird phone app fc at the very beginning and can't continue further. Will hit you with logcat if you stumbled across something similar

Sent from my OneX with love

scream_clarity

Jun 29, 2010
Ontario
ROM is pretty smooth for a first build. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the stupid mounting. I much prefer USB storage to the media player/camera setting.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Rouz.

Jun 1, 2010
XDA
I tried repacking Trip's 3.6.7 kernel, hoping that it would make it boot on newer hboots, but it didn't

Last edited:

bigmac9704

Apr 8, 2011
Brzeg
Hi I can't change sdcard to sdcard/0
"C:\fastboot>adb shell
[email protected]:/ # cd /sdcard/0/
cd /sdcard/0/
[email protected]:/sdcard/0 # mv * ../
mv * ../
failed on 'Android' - Directory not empty
255|[email protected]:/sdcard/0 # mv .* ../
mv .* ../
failed on '.android_secure' - Device or resource busy
255|[email protected]:/sdcard/0 # cd ..
cd ..
[email protected]:/sdcard # rmdir 0
rmdir 0
rmdir failed for 0, Directory not empty
255|[email protected]:/sdcard #"
Can You help me ?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BoAyu.png

Banner by Sebianoti

Me and rogro82 started to port Android 4.2 to the HTC One X

Working
    • Wireless
    • Phone calls
    • GSM Data
    • Audio
    • Video Playback (including HD)
    • Camera (no photosphere - blame google)
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • BT and Wireless tethering

Not Working
    • USB tethering (?)

Installation instructions
    • BACKUP YOUR DATA (using CWM)
    • Verify that your backup is complete - a backup of your sdcard may also be a good idea (see below)
    • Verify that you are running hboot 1.26 or newer (hboot 1.39 is recommended)
    • Download the ZIP and the boot.img (see Downloads)
    • Copy the .zip to your sdcard and reboot into fastboot
    • fastboot flash boot boot.img, then boot into recovery
    • WIPE your phone (this is not optional)
    • Install the .zip and reboot

Upgrading
    You can always upgrade to a newer version without wiping any data, formatting system or wiping the cache.
    But keep in mind that you must always flash boot.img + re-flash gapps after upgrading

Changelog

RC20 (20130825)
    • Fixed the two Android 'master key' bugs
    • Kernel patch for CVE-2013-2094
    RC19 (20130317)
    RC18 (20130311)
    • Option to control button backlight depending on the screen brightness (Settings -> Display)
    • Software fix for pabx's broken headphone jack detecion: Added an option to forcefully route mediaplayer-output to the headphone jack. (Settings -> Audio)
    RC17 (20130301)
    • Use latest WIFI Firmware (improves reception)
    RC16 (20130216)
    • Added ro.adb.secure=1 to build.props. The phone will now only accept ADB connections from authenticated hosts. Note that you must upgrade your local ADB installation to the version included in the 4.2.2 SDK. Connecting with an pre-4.2.2 adb will not work
    • Fixed quicksettings: longpress = toggle, press = settings
    • Internal: Use CMs nicer audio-recording patch
    RC15 (20130213) Android 4.2.2
    • Upgraded to Android 4.2.2_r1
    • Silenced vibrate kernel driver + removed unneeded pm_qos request
    RC14 (20130208) Kernel 3.1.10
    • First release with Linux 3.1.10. Note that you MUST upgrade your hboot to 1.3x (1.2 versions may work - any feedback is appreciated, but any version < 1.2 will NOT work - your phone will freeze during deepsleep!)
    • Mounting USB-OTG devices on 4.2 is somewhat tricky as filesystems are not shared with 'parent' processes - using some userspace app like 'Nexus Photo Importer' is recommended
    • Switched to ondemand govenor as the old 'interactive' is broken in HTCs Linux 3.1.10 source drop (doesn't make a big difference)
    RC13 (20130202)
    • Merged missing cam pull request
    • Option to change the max frequency in settings (Developer Options -> CPU Frequency)
    • Improved frequency management - say goodbye audio dropouts!
    RC12 (20130122)
    • More camera options (jpeg quality, burst mode, scenes) - thanks to seadersn
    • Option to enable the overflow button
    • New hardware button mapping profile: press = tasks / longpress = menu
    RC11 (20130114)
    • Support for encrypted /data partition. (see this post)
    • Ability to limit the max CPU frequency (see this post)
    • Enhanced included Camera App (thanks to herrvorragend23)
    • Include SimToolkit
    • Option to change the Home + Menu longpress behaviour (Settings -> Display)
    RC10 (20130104)
    • Support for big /data partition. This is experimental, see this post
    • Mount /data with '-o discard'
    RC9 (20121229)
    • Added 'volume rocker' support (disabled by default -> settings -> sound)
    • Bluetooth Audio (A2DP) is now working
    • Stubborn BT devices should now be able to pair
    RC8 (20121225)
    • Fixed WIFI Tethering
    • Changed halo background
    RC7 (20121220) Doomsday edition
    • Bluetooth Tethering support (still a little bit flaky, try to re-enable bluetooth + tethering if the connection drops)
    • Changed quicksettings behaviour: Short press = toggle / Long press = open settings
    • Reboot + Screenshot options in Power-Off menu (thanks to lownoise2)
    RC6 (20121219)
    • Support for Bluetooth file transfer and HID (Again: thanks to rogro82)
    • AUDIO AND INTERNET SHARING VIA BLUETOOTH ARE CURRENTLY NOT WORKING
    RC5 (20121215)
    • Audio recording fixed (Send your thanks to rogro82)
    • Developer-Options enabled by default in Settings
    • Display internal + sdcard storage in Settings
    • Improved holo-background gardient
    • Switching from/to 2G-Data-Only works without reboot
    • 'Silent' GSM-Data drop is hopefully gone
    RC4 (20121211)
    • Camera support Install this if the camera icon is missing in your app drawer
    RC3 (20121209)
    • Paid applications can now be installed using Play Store
    • Unity engine based games work correctly
    • Hboot 1.3x support
    RC2 (20121202)
    • Multitouch fixed
    • Based on Android 4.2.1 (December fixed)
    • HD-Videos (OMX) working

RC1 (20121126)
    • Include Email.apk
    • Fix google location service provider (google now / gmaps)

Download links (always flash boot.img!)
    http://blinkenlights.ch/static/android/endeavoru_42/latest/ (Primary host in Germany)
    http://android.eqmx.net/android/endeavoru_42/latest/ (Mirror in Sweden)
    Gapps download
    NEW http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip

IRC Channel
    Join us at #tg-endeavoru on Freenode irc

FAQ

I can not upgrade my hboot to 1.3x, help!

You can still run RC13:
    This was the last release using Linux 2.6 and will therefore work on older hboot versions. RC13 is stable enough for everyday-use.

What kernel should i use?

Use the stock kernel from boot.img - there is nothing wrong with it. Using a different boot.img or/and kernel will just break stuff.

Even more links!
    https://github.com/adrian-bl-hox-jb/android
    https://plus.google.com/115564237657785223556/posts
    For people wondering:

Although its an AOSP build it does have multi-user support which originally is only available on tablets in AOSP ( users can be added in settings )
    Pab i have bluetooth working :) will have to track all my changes...

Camera

Using this ROM for 2 weeks now. Love it, but like with all AOSP roms I'm not happy with the camera so I decided to actually help the community instead of the usual whining.

I've attached a pimped Camera (which is included in the Gallery, therefore the complete Gallery2.apk has to be replaced) which includes this new features:

-Included all native camera scene modes that our HOX Camera is capable of
    -HDR Quick Toggle (which is nothing else than background-hdr scene mode)
    -Added more exposure settings (max camera value is 12, min is -12, therefore +3 = 12, +2 = 8, +1 = 4, 0 = 0, -1 = -4, -2 = -8, -3 = -12)
    -Added 6MP wide picture size (3264x1840)
    Pab we might wanna give WiFi tethering as a (early) Christmas present ;)

to fix:

in netd / SoftapController.cpp:

just return 0 in
    int SoftapController::fwReloadSoftap(int argc, char *argv[])

and use hostapd from android 4.1 ( i just copied the entire wpa_supplicant_8 folder from 4.1, but only copied hostapd after compiling ) as atleast wpa_driver_ap_params has changed and therefor hostapd_drv_set_ap(hapd, &params) in beacon.c fails.

Have done some basic testing using phone + tablet and connection seems to be fine ( tested Open and WPA2 PSK ).

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone