[ROM][Bacon][5.0.1]Vanir AOSP - AK - F2FS - multirom

Search This thread

zaphodbeeb

Mar 29, 2011
Betelgeuse
xformit.co.uk
Hi all,

this is a modified version of team Vanir's latest AOSP rom for bacon and the latest AK kernel but uses an f2fs file system.

To install it:
1. format system, cache and data, data/media to F2FS. Philz recovery is best for this.
2. wipe for a new rom.
3. Install this.
4. Install gapps Build by DHO for Vanir
5. Install SuperSU latest (I am currently using BETA-SuperSU-v2.38.zip with no problems)
6. Boot

Enjoy.

Currently this rom will only flash as a primary rom on Multirom. TWRP and Philz are also good. I hope to have a version that will flash directly as a secondary on multirom shortly but once installed, this rom can be migrated as a secondary rom, and can be swapped between primary and secondary.
If you get an error when you first install this, it means that you need to wipe the cache, and dalvik. Re-flash and all should be fine.
Changes to AK kernel can be dirty flashed onto this rom once installed,so I wont be releasing a new version with each AK kernel release, but will try to keep in sync with future Vanir lollipop releases with a f2fs flashable version. Nightly builds should be with us soon.

Thanks to AK, Team Vanir, and Martin_Ro for their excellent work. I take no credit for the rom, I just produced a f2fs friendly package with the AK kernel embedded.

See the official Vanir Google+ community for news/updates. Full details of the ext4 version of the rom can be found in Martin_Ro's thread, here.

I prefer to run my oneplus one with a f2fs file system and multirom, which means that many of the roms available have to be converted before I can use them. I have to convert the rom to be f2fs friendly. Its good to share, and save others the chore of doing this conversion.

Please note. The flash, and first boot take a little time, so be patient please.

Last edited:

zaphodbeeb

Mar 29, 2011
Betelgeuse
xformit.co.uk
Good job. Is there significant change in performance from ext4? and does the headsup notifications work for all the apps?
It does depend on the specific rom. However I do generally find that it runs a little smoother, and battery seems a little better and antutu scores a little better (whatever that means). I havnt really had much time to perform any objective tests, and anyhow it would probably be best with two oneplus ones to do that, but it seems better.

- more info here
http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/01/...ces-elce-2012/

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-against-ext4/

The functionality should be exactly the same as the original, so the headsup notifications are the same as the original released software.

Last edited:
Reactions: cparsonscan

störte

Jun 18, 2012
Kiel
Nice to see that you convert more Roms. So i soon will change back to F2FS. I dont have much success to convert the Rom i like to test

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

this is a modified version of team Vanir's latest AOSP rom for bacon and the latest AK kernel but uses an f2fs file system.

To install it:
    1. format system, cache and data, data/media to F2FS. Philz recovery is best for this.
    2. wipe for a new rom.
    3. Install this.
    4. Install gapps Build by DHO for Vanir
    5. Install SuperSU latest (I am currently using BETA-SuperSU-v2.38.zip with no problems)
    6. Boot

Enjoy.

Currently this rom will only flash as a primary rom on Multirom. TWRP and Philz are also good. I hope to have a version that will flash directly as a secondary on multirom shortly but once installed, this rom can be migrated as a secondary rom, and can be swapped between primary and secondary.
    If you get an error when you first install this, it means that you need to wipe the cache, and dalvik. Re-flash and all should be fine.
    Changes to AK kernel can be dirty flashed onto this rom once installed,so I wont be releasing a new version with each AK kernel release, but will try to keep in sync with future Vanir lollipop releases with a f2fs flashable version. Nightly builds should be with us soon.

Thanks to AK, Team Vanir, and Martin_Ro for their excellent work. I take no credit for the rom, I just produced a f2fs friendly package with the AK kernel embedded.

See the official Vanir Google+ community for news/updates. Full details of the ext4 version of the rom can be found in Martin_Ro's thread, here.

I prefer to run my oneplus one with a f2fs file system and multirom, which means that many of the roms available have to be converted before I can use them. I have to convert the rom to be f2fs friendly. Its good to share, and save others the chore of doing this conversion.

Please note. The flash, and first boot take a little time, so be patient please.
    Good job. Is there significant change in performance from ext4? and does the headsup notifications work for all the apps?
    It does depend on the specific rom. However I do generally find that it runs a little smoother, and battery seems a little better and antutu scores a little better (whatever that means). I havnt really had much time to perform any objective tests, and anyhow it would probably be best with two oneplus ones to do that, but it seems better.

- more info here
    http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/01/...ces-elce-2012/

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-against-ext4/

The functionality should be exactly the same as the original, so the headsup notifications are the same as the original released software.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone