[ROM][BACON][7.1.2][OMS] hyperUnicorns - Optimized Dirty Unicorns

Search This thread

Paresh Kalinani

Apr 28, 2012
Mumbai
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
Bad battery backup? I'm on the stock kernel that came with this ROM, didn't change a single setting and my battery backup is pretty good! The phone works smoothly, battery doesn't drain too fast and charging happens faster than my previous LineageOS ROM. I'm using it complete stock without changing the kernel. Good Battery, Good Performance, Good Features, Everything Works, Not a single reboot since days! This is gonna be my 'winner' ROM once I finish testing more which I have on my list.

Reactions: Awais Bhatti

#utkarsh

Sep 17, 2016
New Delhi
Bad battery backup? I'm on the stock kernel that came with this ROM, didn't change a single setting and my battery backup is pretty good! The phone works smoothly, battery doesn't drain too fast and charging happens faster than my previous LineageOS ROM. I'm using it complete stock without changing the kernel. Good Battery, Good Performance, Good Features, Everything Works, Not a single reboot since days! This is gonna be my 'winner' ROM once I finish testing more which I have on my list.
I don't use my phone much, or I can say that I use to reboot my device many times a day because I rarely use it, then also the battery backup is not good. Is regular rebooting responsible for battery backup
P.S.- I'm also using everything stock, haven't flashed anything extra

Paresh Kalinani

Apr 28, 2012
Mumbai
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
I don't use my phone much, or I can say that I use to reboot my device many times a day because I rarely use it, then also the battery backup is not good. Is regular rebooting responsible for battery backup
P.S.- I'm also using everything stock, haven't flashed anything extra

Wow, booting won't cause a problem. I've just changed to some other ROM but I remember the best settings with the best battery backup were using CPU at Max 1497Mhz, alucard Governor, No touch boost, No hotplug boost, no wake up boost, CPU Hotplug same which already came activated (the second one) with no. of cores to boost at time = 1, GPU underclocked to 330Mhz, GPU governor simple_ondemand, CPU Voltages global offset -65 mV, Charging rates 2100mA for AC and highest available for USB, Entropy read 1024, Entropy write 2048, read ahead buffer 2048.
I don't play a lot of games so 1497Mhz was good for me. Try higher frequencies until you find it smooth. I suggest don't go beyong 1.9Ghz!

Reboots won't give a bad battery but why do you want to reboot?! By the way I used Force Doze app to make Doze activate immediately as soon as screen turned off.

Reactions: #utkarsh

uudruid74

May 27, 2014
Kerens
eddon.systems
Wow, booting won't cause a problem. I've just changed to some other ROM but I remember the best settings with the best battery backup were using CPU at Max 1497Mhz, alucard Governor, No touch boost, No hotplug boost, no wake up boost, CPU Hotplug same which already came activated (the second one) with no. of cores to boost at time = 1, GPU underclocked to 330Mhz, GPU governor simple_ondemand, CPU Voltages global offset -65 mV, Charging rates 2100mA for AC and highest available for USB, Entropy read 1024, Entropy write 2048, read ahead buffer 2048.
I don't play a lot of games so 1497Mhz was good for me. Try higher frequencies until you find it smooth. I suggest don't go beyong 1.9Ghz!

Reboots won't give a bad battery but why do you want to reboot?! By the way I used Force Doze app to make Doze activate immediately as soon as screen turned off.
You do realize that Underclocking is a myth. Your governor is responsible for making sure that the CPU frequencies stay low. So, if you only hit high frequencies at 10% of the time, and underclock by 20% the best you can save is 10% or 20%, or just 2% of your battery.

Your apps make WAY more of a difference than "magic settings"

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs

Reactions: Paresh Kalinani

joefso

Aug 2, 2007
You do realize that Underclocking is a myth. Your governor is responsible for making sure that the CPU frequencies stay low. So, if you only hit high frequencies at 10% of the time, and underclock by 20% the best you can save is 10% or 20%, or just 2% of your battery.

Your apps make WAY more of a difference than "magic settings"

interesting statement, please provide me with some sources.... however if you look at boeffla´s(build in battery profiles) and franco´s kernel app ( battery lab) they both underclock for battery saving profiles....

uudruid74

May 27, 2014
Kerens
eddon.systems
interesting statement, please provide me with some sources.... however if you look at boeffla´s(build in battery profiles) and franco´s kernel app ( battery lab) they both underclock for battery saving profiles....
Sources? It's simple math. Remove the underclock and look at how long the CPU spends at each frequency. I prefer smarter governors to a slower phone (using blu-active in the past and now focusing on EAS).

What's the point of buying a fast new device and then crippling the CPU? What kind of battery life are you getting right now?

jasi275

Oct 1, 2013
Sources? It's simple math. Remove the underclock and look at how long the CPU spends at each frequency. I prefer smarter governors to a slower phone (using blu-active in the past and now focusing on EAS).

What's the point of buying a fast new device and then crippling the CPU? What kind of battery life are you getting right now?
What's eas

alebcay

Jul 18, 2014
Cary

For the record, Sultan and others set the ceiling at 1958 MHz for thermal throttling purposes, not for the sake of saving battery. As mentioned above, your phone is (hopefully) not spending much time at those frequencies. The reason the limit was put in place was because above that frequency, the phone tends to get really hot really quick and the thermal throttling will force the frequency down anyways.

In other news, I'm planning to release a build after the source for the September security patches goes public. Stay tuned. :)

uudruid74

May 27, 2014
Kerens
eddon.systems
Energy Aware Scheduling
It doesn't really apply to Bacon, but my other device is a 3T which is BIG.little. EAS marries the scheduler and the governor and knows exactly how much power various operations require and schedules jobs accordingly. Since Bacon only has 1 type of CPU, it doesn't apply. But blu active used to FLY. Since my 1 isn't my primary device, I tend to just leave this ROM stock.

Reactions: jayOOMjay

blinoff82

Recognized Contributor
Nov 5, 2012
Moscow
Xiaomi Poco F3
Colleagues, in connection with the release of the September security update, I decided to build another release. This time it will definitely be the last for Android 7.1.2 Nougat. #Staydirty ;)
Download
Some changes:
android_build: September security updates
android_device_oneplus_bacon: Add assertions on TrustZone version
android_device_oneplus_bacon: Remove useless parameter
android_device_oneplus_bacon: Fix multi version TrustZone support
android_device_oneplus_bacon: Adapt recovery updater lib to new recovery code
android_device_oneplus_bacon: Calculate TrustZone size at runtime
android_device_oneplus_bacon: Use project pathmap for recovery
android_device_oneplus_bacon: Use new RIL from upstream LineageOS
android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974: ASoC: msm: Fix to avoid crash during voip call
android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974: ASoC: msm: qdsp6v2: return error when copy from userspace fails
android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974: msm: crypto: set CLR_CNTXT bit for crypto operations
android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974: unix: properly account for FDs passed over unix sockets
android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974: selinux: fix off-by-one in setprocattr
android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974: ASoC: Add backend user count checking
android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974: ashmem: remove cache maintenance support

Piypoo

Jul 9, 2017
Colleagues, in connection with the release of the September security update, I decided to build another release. This time it will definitely be the last for Android 7.1.2 Nougat. #Staydirty ;)
Download
Some changes:
android_build: September security updates
android_device_oneplus_bacon: Add assertions on TrustZone version
android_device_oneplus_bacon: Remove useless parameter
android_device_oneplus_bacon: Fix multi version TrustZone support
android_device_oneplus_bacon: Adapt recovery updater lib to new recovery code
android_device_oneplus_bacon: Calculate TrustZone size at runtime
android_device_oneplus_bacon: Use project pathmap for recovery
android_device_oneplus_bacon: Use new RIL from upstream LineageOS
android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974: ASoC: msm: Fix to avoid crash during voip call
android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974: ASoC: msm: qdsp6v2: return error when copy from userspace fails
android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974: msm: crypto: set CLR_CNTXT bit for crypto operations
android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974: unix: properly account for FDs passed over unix sockets
android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974: selinux: fix off-by-one in setprocattr
android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974: ASoC: Add backend user count checking
android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974: ashmem: remove cache maintenance support

Thankyou for this build ??

blinoff82

Recognized Contributor
Nov 5, 2012
Moscow
Xiaomi Poco F3
Ok, my friends. Work in progress...
a488b9bcca05.png

W

Wa.Sobchack

@alebcay
Are you going to release a new build with October security patch? 11.7.2 build was published some days ago. Or do you guys concentrate on Oreo now?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    5ZgfG7Y.png
    Code:
    This is an unofficial release based on the sources provided by various other authors. Flashing this software may or may not void your warranty; it is your responsibility to know if that is the case.

hyperUnicorns is a variant of Dirty Unicorns that implements custom optimizations.

features.png

• Built with ArchiDroid optimizations
    • Built with HYPERTC 4.9.4/6.1.1 (arm-linux-androideabi/arm-eabi)
    • Built with Snapdragon LLVM Compiler 3.8
    • Built-in hyperLighning kernel by @nikhil18 with patches from sultan's/archiUnicorns Kernel and other sources, focused on efficient, everyday performance
    • Linaro sources for art, dalvik, sqlite, lz4, webp and dhcpcd
    • Latest SQlite
    • Latest CodeAurora wlan drivers
    • Improved Krait targeting
    • Sony Music
    • Snapdragon Camera
    • All the goodies from DU 11.6 (Android 7.1.2)

instructions.png

• If you're not coming from another DU build, you should factory reset. Otherwise, simply wiping /system, /cache, and Dalvik/ART cache should be fine.
    • Flash the ROM.
    • Flash any other mods/etc. you want (e.g. Magisk, ARISE, GApps). I currently use OpenGapps without an issue on this ROM.
    • If you have any issues with camera breaking after taking just one photo, disable zero shutter lag in your camera settings!

downloads.png

source.png

Known Issues and Warnings
    • DO NOT flash custom kernels. You will likely either run into a bootloop or bust your camera support. Sometimes, the camera doesn't work even after dirty flashing back to stock. In that case, wipe /system and then reflash the ROM.

Credits:

XDA:DevDB Information
    hyperUnicorns, ROM for the OnePlus One

Contributors
    alebcay, blinoff82
    Source Code: https://github.com/hyperUnicorns

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP / Dirty Unicorns

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-07-28

Created 2016-06-15
    Last Updated 2017-08-17
    Folks, recently, I'm staying in upstream with Dirty Unicorns and do everything I can to get you a working ROM at the time of the DU release. I think that it remains for us to wait a little. I know that the true fans are waiting for the release and I want to thank you for this.
    a89aab12a022.png
    bb9cccf73f50.png
    a067e7103a16.png
    affc9dc201e6.png
    3adfec273bd3.png
    a91ad2e995b1.png
    Hey everyone,

It's been awhile since I've posted a build but that's because I've been working on getting archiUnicorns up to Nougat. blinoff and I have been troubleshooting a pesky WiFi issue that, running the same build, broke my WiFi but not his. We've got that sorted out, so we're moving on to the final stages before we release the new archiUnicorns:
    • Rebasing kernel tweaks, etc. onto a new branch (3.4.113 was released in October so we're also merging that in)
    • Build flags tweaks (archi and/or other optimizations)
    • Custom toolchains
    The finish line is in sight so sit tight everyone!
    New build with BT fixed is up! ;)
    Changelog:
    android_frameworks_base: Implement SOFTAP new requirement in framework
    android_frameworks_base: Fix Bluetooth battery icon after reboot
    android_frameworks_base: Use own drawables for QS expand icon
    android_frameworks_base: fix NullPointerException in RegisteredServicesCache
    android_frameworks_base: Fix a memory leak.
    android_frameworks_base: Fix String is empty issue
    android_frameworks_base: Fix pms systemReady NullpointerException
    android_frameworks_base: Make sure Zygote is running at process priority 0 after VM has started.
    android_frameworks_base: Zygote: Deleted files can still be fstat(restat) success.
    android_frameworks_base: Fix incorrect FIFO cgroup assignment.
    android_frameworks_base: Zygote: Workaround for detecting open file descriptors
    android_packages_apps_PackageInstaller: Make permissions fragment header match settings style
    android_packages_apps_DU-Tweaks: Remove tint for icons under their layouts
    android_packages_apps_Settings: Fix Dirty Tweaks for themes
    android_packages_apps_Settings: Hotspot idle support
    android_vendor_du: Update APN's
    Download
    Ok, my friends. Work in progress...
    a488b9bcca05.png