[ROM][BACON][8.1][OMS] hyperUnicorns - Optimized Dirty Unicorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Joy Bangla

Mar 29, 2013
Dhaka
Is it possible, in some way, to add the volume of the multimedia speaker?
yes press volume up button.

How to turn on the led navigation button ?
/root/sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness try setting value to 255. (not sure will work)

How do we use flar2’s app to like Disable the hardware buttons? Btw awesome rom.
just select no action for all buttons and options. its not rocket science.

Reactions: zx604176460

cars1106

Aug 19, 2009
Anyone else unable to hear phone calls unless they use Bluetooth or Speaker phone?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

littlepaulie

Jun 9, 2010
Does viper4android work with this rom? Has anyone tried installing it?

Wysłane z mojego A0001 przy użyciu Tapatalka

ace_apr27

Jun 2, 2012
Vienna
OnePlus One
OnePlus 7T Pro
I get an Error 20 when installing Aroma Gapps. It says the ROM version is 7.1.2 (SDK 25). It obviously isn't.

Anyone else have this issue? Any fixes?

Device: bacon
TWRP: 3.2.1-K1
ROM: hU_bacon-8.1.0-20180103_blinoff_edition.zip
GApps: open_gapps-arm-8.1-aroma-20180105-UNOFFICIAL

bmark240

Aug 19, 2016
I get an Error 20 when installing Aroma Gapps. It says the ROM version is 7.1.2 (SDK 25). It obviously isn't.

Anyone else have this issue? Any fixes?

Device: bacon
TWRP: 3.2.1-K1
ROM: hU_bacon-8.1.0-20180103_blinoff_edition.zip
GApps: open_gapps-arm-8.1-aroma-20180105-UNOFFICIAL

You are using an incompatible version of GApps. Aroma version is too big for the Partition size. As above states: use Nano or Pico GApps.

ace_apr27

Jun 2, 2012
Vienna
OnePlus One
OnePlus 7T Pro
Aroma worked perfectly. Turns out that there was an issue with the ROM download. It probably got corrupted or something. I downloaded the zip again, did a wipe and the newly downloaded file, and aroma didn't give me any trouble.

That said, I switched to Lineage OS. HU doesn't seem to have customisation options for the hardware navigation buttons. Might get back to HU once that bit is introduced.

Last edited:

solar666

Aroma worked perfectly. Turns out that there was an issue with the ROM download. It probably got corrupted or something. I downloaded the zip again, did a wipe and the newly downloaded file, and aroma didn't give me any trouble.

That said, I switched to Lineage OS. HU doesn't seem to have customisation options for the hardware navigation buttons. Might get back to HU once that bit is introduced.

Check out this comment:
Not yet. I want to say at once for everyone - I will stick to the stock repos by DU Team. The function is absent in DU - the function is missing from me.

Reactions: blinoff82

sgronkia

Nov 14, 2016
Features are the same that we can find on 7.1 rom? Battery Life reports so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    111.png
    Code:
    This is an unofficial release based on the sources provided by various other authors. Flashing this software may or may not void your warranty; it is your responsibility to know if that is the case.

hyperUnicorns is a variant of Dirty Unicorns that implements custom optimizations.

features.png

• Kernel built with HYPERTC 4.9.4/6.1.1 (arm-linux-androideabi)
    • ROM built with UBERTC 6.0 (arm-eabi)

instructions.png

• If you're not coming from another DU build, you should factory reset. Otherwise, simply wiping /system, /cache, and Dalvik/ART cache should be fine.
    • Flash latest TWRP by @Kutep0v from here.
    • Flash the ROM.
    • Flash GAPPS. I currently use unofficial OpenGapps without an issue on this ROM.
    • Flash any other mods/etc. you want (e.g. Magisk).

downloads.png

source.png

Known Issues and Warnings
    • DO NOT flash custom kernels. You will likely either run into a bootloop or bust your camera support. Sometimes, the camera doesn't work even after dirty flashing back to stock. In that case, wipe /system and then reflash the ROM.
    • Stock cam issue for video recording (WIP). Please use Camu or Google Camera
    • Do not post your bug-reports without logs, screenshots and useful info! Also do not post your bug-reports if you use custom kernels or Substratum themes!

Credits:
    I want to express my infinite gratitude to the person without whom this ROM would never have been born - @Agent_fabulous
    For contributions to the DU source:
    For contributions that I've incorporated into the kernel:

XDA:DevDB Information
    hyperUnicorns, ROM for the OnePlus One

Contributors
    blinoff82, alebcay
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP / Dirty Unicorns

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2018-01-03

Created 2018-01-03
    Last Updated 2018-01-08
    I can't listen music. Anything :rolleyes:
    Everything is good but I can not hear the sound can not hear anything
    Ok guys, you are right. Thx for feedback. I see my fault and I'll reupload ROM soon.
    My OPO is not my daily driver, so I'm not always in view of my mistakes right away.
    Changelog:
    2018/01/08
    android_build: Merged tag android-8.1.0_r7 (January security patch)
    android_frameworks_base: Disable persistent background app notification by default
    android_frameworks_base: Prevent deadlock when going out of idle state
    android_frameworks_base: Enable power save config of system apps [1/2]
    android_frameworks_base: Reduce the setTransactions
    android_packages_apps_Settings: Enable power save config of system apps [2/2]
    android_frameworks_base: Improve the brightness footer slider animation when on 2nd QS page
    android_frameworks_base: SystemUI: Prevent NPE in Dependency.get() in BrightnessController
    New build is up!
    Changelog
    Download link will be soon...
    Required conditions for update:

1. Wipe cache/dalvik cache
    2. Wipe system(!)
    3. Flash ROM, Gapps, Magisk/SuperSu
    4. Done.