• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[ROM] Bad Boyz Sprint ONE M9 ROMz | 7.0 | 4.27.651.4 | Sense 8 | Updated 5.7.17

OMJ

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
Awesome thanks!
When I originally rooted and put a recovery on my device, I took a crash course in ADB and fastboot. Those exe tools on the main M9 development page helps. Windroid&Quibly or whatever.
So yeah, I'll do that later today.
I'm S-ON IDK if I want it off. Do I?
u want s-off...less hassles

this is why the firmware is failing to install...you'll either have to flash the full firmware or ruu

Reactions: bendaman619

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
Awesome thanks!
When I originally rooted and put a recovery on my device, I took a crash course in ADB and fastboot. Those exe tools on the main M9 development page helps. Windroid&Quibly or whatever.
So yeah, I'll do that later today.
I'm S-ON IDK if I want it off. Do I?
The guys said yes on s-off and I will echo that BUT the reason I wanted to post is that the "Build Number" that you saw there is driven by a value the devs can set/change/effect in the build.prop for the rom. It's unusual for them to change it to NOT match the current build number HTC gives us but the "Baseband" is how you know what firmware/radio software you are on and it is NOT a value that can be edited by the Dev.

I'd download the Stock Rooted rom OMJ posted, make backup of your current BB2.2 rom then flash stock rooted, S-off with Sunshine and then just restore your backup and get on current firmware by one of the methods we have at our disposal. :good::good:

Last edited:

Sim-X

Nov 2, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
Latest build is running awesome for me so far. Flashed it last night clean install also a few of my apps I was having problems with have gone away. LP to kill also works just fine like it did before, xposed working as well. :D

Those looking to upgrade just save yourself the trouble and do a clean install. I haven't had any issues so far if I find any will post. Only thing I noticed were the animations speeds were slower which if you want them faster you can change that in developer options those that are wondering.

Reactions: OMJ and Blackcircle

bendaman619

Mar 25, 2012
San Dieger
Ugh. I'll have money later. I don't have money for Sunshine right now .Until then,. I'll try to push the firmware with abd/fastboot. If that doesn't work, I can get a fresh RUU install and start this whole process again. I just don't want to set up my phone again. All the xposed setting, I mean I can do it but jeez I should have done this right in the first place. And just doing a full wipe and then installing the 2.2, I'm pretty sure, from what I've read, it could fix things? I backed up my rom, went to Stock Rooted, then started the sunshine process. The stock twrp backup folder needs mento put a folder, (boot partition) into it. I couldn't flash it, it was a folder lol. So yeah I appreciate all your help guys and I will continue on the update journey lol

deakelem

Jul 29, 2012
Houston
Ugh. I'll have money later. I don't have money for Sunshine right now .Until then,. I'll try to push the firmware with abd/fastboot. If that doesn't work, I can get a fresh RUU install and start this whole process again. I just don't want to set up my phone again. All the xposed setting, I mean I can do it but jeez I should have done this right in the first place. And just doing a full wipe and then installing the 2.2, I'm pretty sure, from what I've read, it could fix things? I backed up my rom, went to Stock Rooted, then started the sunshine process. The stock twrp backup folder needs mento put a folder, (boot partition) into it. I couldn't flash it, it was a folder lol. So yeah I appreciate all your help guys and I will continue on the update journey lol
if you are s-on and still 100% stock then just take the ota, unlock bootloader and flash your badboys. That is what i did and then did sunshine s-off (but you can wait until youre ready monetarily) then again my phone was a replacement so it was bone stock. If you are not bone stock there are plenty of guides to help you but the best bet is to RUU the current version software version you are running and relock and take the OTA. and then do what i first mentioned.

I have not done this with the very latest firrmware but every other firmware release if if was s-on I would use the full (unmodified) firmware using the microsd method making sure the firmware i was flashing was not a lower version that what i was currently running. I never had issues with this and that allowed me to get to the latest firmware, reflash twrp, and reflash the goldmine ROM (bb v2.2) :) of course re locking and unlocking along the way.

I did that back when sunshine did not have official support tjust yet for the m9 and i was still s-on. I can confirm 100% that sunshine s-off latest version works perfectly fine with the latest ota. My replacement came in today and had the latest OTA on it and after unlocking, flash twrp, install super user, updating it, rebooting, and installing and running ss s-off it worked perfectly on latest fw/software (2.11)

deakelem

Jul 29, 2012
Houston
Just ran RUU and updated to badboyz v2.2! Everything is running smooth as butta! Thanks again @OMJ :good: :highfive: :victory:
Second part of this reply would be better suited for the firmware thread but i asked/searched there and have no had any luck. Please these forums have been quite slow lately so please no rude comments.. just ask me to move if you feel its really too OT..

yea this rom! and also the stock base too when i ran it for a bit are wonderfully quick and smooth! (more so than usual) BB just makes it even freaken better. Props to htc and sprint on it cause also my radio seems to be working evne more constantly than the last radio that fixed b41. There is one thing however.. has anyone gotten CA to work? I figured a while ago mayb eit would be enabled via profile update but that didnt happen so then i figured an OTA with new radio FW.. but unless i am missing something i still get the same'ish speeds on b41. Now i know its in its started stages and they are just starting to enable this and its hard to find some ca towers but I live in houston and I know at least a dozen sites that blast our b41 at amazing speeds for non CA phones.. while i was waiting for my replacement m9 i activated my m8 and i was getting 50-60 mpbs solid... so i would like to think that if i had a CA enabled phone it would go well beyond that.

Might come down to 1 of two things (or more than one lol)

Either I am missing something and need to enable something and CA is enabled on the m9 now

OR i am wrong and no tower i hunt down is CA enabled yet.. :/ (hard to believe)

or it just hasnt been enabled on our phones yet.

I know the s6 has had it since pretty much out of the box and dont quote me but the g4 too.

They converted a wimax tower that is across my street over to strictly b41 and it has been amazing but i can never get above 50-60 mbps even at the dead of night with min congestion

Any ideas or info would be awesome! ps lte engineering doesnt show anything different either

BUBBA DUB'S

Aug 5, 2012
Chicago
Second part of this reply would be better suited for the firmware thread but i asked/searched there and have no had any luck. Please these forums have been quite slow lately so please no rude comments.. just ask me to move if you feel its really too OT..

yea this rom! and also the stock base too when i ran it for a bit are wonderfully quick and smooth! (more so than usual) BB just makes it even freaken better. Props to htc and sprint on it cause also my radio seems to be working evne more constantly than the last radio that fixed b41. There is one thing however.. has anyone gotten CA to work? I figured a while ago mayb eit would be enabled via profile update but that didnt happen so then i figured an OTA with new radio FW.. but unless i am missing something i still get the same'ish speeds on b41. Now i know its in its started stages and they are just starting to enable this and its hard to find some ca towers but I live in houston and I know at least a dozen sites that blast our b41 at amazing speeds for non CA phones.. while i was waiting for my replacement m9 i activated my m8 and i was getting 50-60 mpbs solid... so i would like to think that if i had a CA enabled phone it would go well beyond that.

Might come down to 1 of two things (or more than one lol)

Either I am missing something and need to enable something and CA is enabled on the m9 now

OR i am wrong and no tower i hunt down is CA enabled yet.. :/ (hard to believe)

or it just hasnt been enabled on our phones yet.

I know the s6 has had it since pretty much out of the box and dont quote me but the g4 too.

They converted a wimax tower that is across my street over to strictly b41 and it has been amazing but i can never get above 50-60 mbps even at the dead of night with min congestion

Any ideas or info would be awesome! ps lte engineering doesnt show anything different either
*insert rude comment here* lol jk, the radio is no different for me so far. Is this CA you speak of the thingy where the data signals piggy back off each other to provide faster speeds? I think I remember reading about how that was supposed to be the new and exciting thing with the b41 2.5 GHz band. I'll go sit under one of their towers after work and see what speeds I get but everything so far seems the same. Fastest down for me has been around 30 and up about 10-15. I live in Chicago area where they have pushed all upgrades to towers just like you in Houston. I think CA is implemented into the M9 already, it just has ****ty radios which I've come to accept from sprint and HTC lol

benny3

Recognized Contributor
Dec 2, 2011
Rosommon, MICH
CA ? I live in a low signal area and i think the new radio for me is worse. HTC has always been lacking in the radio Dept.unless you have a good strong signal. I have Lg's and Samsung's on my account and they do much better.

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
Carrier Aggregation is enabled on the M9 for sure, you just need to be in a market that has the 2nd carrier card active on the B41 towers. Not all markets have it yet, so not all of us can take advantage.

Speeds won't *always be blazing fast because the network has to first put you on B41 2nd carrier and aggregation needs to be enabled. It could also be a congested tower (depending on time of day and user load) so it would be lower.

Here is a speed test from my M9 weeks ago in my market, CA is definitely enabled on the M9 and markets are slowly bringing it online. We are seeing B41 deployed still and every tower (in my market) that is activated are being confirmed live with 2nd carrier and CA as well.

To give an idea of how great it is, there is a CA active tower near the football stadium in Lincoln. Last year, mobile data was unusable during football games (92k fans) but this year speeds were 40+ down and almost 10 up. [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

deakelem

Jul 29, 2012
Houston
Carrier Aggregation is enabled on the M9 for sure, you just need to be in a market that has the 2nd carrier card active on the B41 towers. Not all markets have it yet, so not all of us can take advantage.

Speeds won't *always be blazing fast because the network has to first put you on B41 2nd carrier and aggregation needs to be enabled. It could also be a congested tower (depending on time of day and user load) so it would be lower.

Here is a speed test from my M9 weeks ago in my market, CA is definitely enabled on the M9 and markets are slowly bringing it online. We are seeing B41 deployed still and every tower (in my market) that is activated are being confirmed live with 2nd carrier and CA as well.

To give an idea of how great it is, there is a CA active tower near the football stadium in Lincoln. Last year, mobile data was unusable during football games (92k fans) but this year speeds were 40+ down and almost 10 up. [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
Thank your this! this is def a relief somewhat. I just find it odd that I cant find any b41 towers in Houston (and greater Houston) that seem to show CA based speeds. I understand the wont always be double the max of b41 but I have yet to find anything that can get me over 50-60 mpbs... and I am one of those weirdos (lol :) who go around to every single tower testing and testing.. all of the city. In fact I took today off from work (since i got my replacement m9) just to go look some more :)

Has C.A always been enabled, or was it this most recent firmware update that enabled it.. or the one before.. or was it just a profile update change. Sorry for all the quesitons, just curious!!

Thanks again

correction you said 'weeks ago" so thats before this latest ota, answers one ?

OMJ

Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
speaking of CA...I noticed a changed in the smali for SystemUI regarding CA...no idea how the change affects....maybe someone can test.

Let me backup a sec....fyi--the SystemUI in the v2.2 ROM is actually the fully modded SystemUI from 2.6...my 1st attempt to add all the mods failed, so I tested to see if the 2.6 apk would work fine, and it did...so I rolled w/ it for now.

I have the 2.11 SystemUI partially modded (battery %, gps removed, data icon hides when wifi is on, power saver icon removed)...I'm still in the process of adding all the other mods, but it may take some time.

In the meantime, if anyone would like to test this partially modded SystemUI, please give feedback, when I compare the stock 2.6 w/ the stock 2.11 SystemUIs, there are several changes, but the changes are not obvious to me, maybe someone else can spot any differences.

Attachments

Reactions: volk9029

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
Thank your this! this is def a relief somewhat. I just find it odd that I cant find any b41 towers in Houston (and greater Houston) that seem to show CA based speeds. I understand the wont always be double the max of b41 but I have yet to find anything that can get me over 50-60 mpbs... and I am one of those weirdos (lol :) who go around to every single tower testing and testing.. all of the city. In fact I took today off from work (since i got my replacement m9) just to go look some more :)

Has C.A always been enabled, or was it this most recent firmware update that enabled it.. or the one before.. or was it just a profile update change. Sorry for all the quesitons, just curious!!

Thanks again

correction you said 'weeks ago" so thats before this latest ota, answers one ?
It wasn't in a major release, it was one of those small "You device has been updated, reboot" updates, was small change. Not exactly sure when it was pushed but it's active for sure.

speaking of CA...I noticed a changed in the smali for SystemUI regarding CA...no idea how the change affects....maybe someone can test.

Let me backup a sec....fyi--the SystemUI in the v2.2 ROM is actually the fully modded SystemUI from 2.6...my 1st attempt to add all the mods failed, so I tested to see if the 2.6 apk would work fine, and it did...so I rolled w/ it for now.

I have the 2.11 SystemUI partially modded (battery %, gps removed, data icon hides when wifi is on, power saver icon removed)...I'm still in the process of adding all the other mods, but it may take some time.

In the meantime, if anyone would like to test this partially modded SystemUI, please give feedback, when I compare the stock 2.6 w/ the stock 2.11 SystemUIs, there are several changes, but the changes are not obvious to me, maybe someone else can spot any differences.

I'll backup and test for ya. No clue what they changed either but I clean flashed v2.2 with no issues (thank you) so I'll see how the new SysUI is.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Mods listed are working properly. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: OMJ

OMJ

Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
It wasn't in a major release, it was one of those small "You device has been updated, reboot" updates, was small change. Not exactly sure when it was pushed but it's active for sure.

I'll backup and test for ya. No clue what they changed either but I clean flashed v2.2 with no issues (thank you) so I'll see how the new SysUI is.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Mods listed are working properly. Thanks
thx...yeah I already made sure it was working, I was more looking for feedback on any differences from the previous version.

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
thx...yeah I already made sure it was working, I was more looking for feedback on any differences from the previous version.
Hmm... you know I was on stock rooted right before coming over to v2.2 but I don't think I remember the page indicators in the app drawer on the old SysUI. I can't really see any glaring changes.

Last edited:

OMJ

Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
Hmm... you know I was on stock rooted right before coming over to v2.2 but I don't think I remember the page indicators in the app drawer on the old SysUI. I can't really see any glaring changes.
That's in Prism, was added in last update

Sent from my 0PJA2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: mrrogers1
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone