[ROM]BenczeOS v 1.2 Umad - 11s True Multiwindow!!, feature loaded - December 31, 2014

Do you want a separate Q&A thread from the main thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Negan

Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Staff member
p85VQsw9g

Hey guys, me again with my ever so slow tinkering I've put together. Welcome to BenczeOS v 1.1 Umad.
What the heck is that? Good question, I'm glad you asked. Bencze Operating System!
This originally started off as a joke and I decided why not run with it and actually make this into an rom. Just like google, I decided to give my version a code name. Umad is v 1.0 - xx

So that being said let's get started. First things first:

Thread rules: Do not troll my thread. Please be respectful of other members. If you run into problems that are not listed in "known issues" then you may mention it. However a logcat would be helpful if you actually expect me to be able to fix the issue. Most issues (not all) are user error. Some times additional mods or apps you install may conflict. So before you blame me for anything please ensure you did a clean flash and also confirm that the issue was present before you restored/installed anything additional to what I have provided.
Let's have some fun in here!

Read the entire OP before asking questions

So this is my own creation based on stock CM 11s, with added tweaks and features not found in stock rom. The goal is to share my work with the community as an alternative to stock 11s with added features.
There are no nightly builds, and not likely weekly builds either (we'll see how much time I have).
If you are looking for a rom with a ridiculous amount of features or a slim, debloated rom you should look elsewhere. This is not the rom you are looking for

KR7OgL.gif

Code:
 v 1.0 Umad - initial release
[LIST]
[*]Rooted with SuperSU
[*]Deodexed
[*]Zipaligned
[*]Busybox
[*]Custom DPI to maximize screen real estate
[*]Tweaks control app advanced features:
[*] Fix permissions
[*] Zipalign apks
[*]Mount system r/w
[*]Mount system r/o
[*]Wipe Cache
[*]Wipe Dalvik Cache
[*]Wipe Battery Stats
[*]Omni switch
[*]Battery bar options
[*]LMT Pie control
[*]MultiWindow (OMNI style, not xposed!)
[*]3minit battery mod
[*]App settings xposed
[*]Viper4Android
[*]Xposed installer
[*]Custom boot animation
[*]Animated notification panel
[*]smooth scrolling mod
[*]Ad blocker host files
[*]lollipop sounds and goodies
[*]Earpiece Speaker Mod
[*]Swipe Notification panel switcher mod
[*]Google apps and bloat to data/app
[*]Custom icon pack included
[/LIST]

exwn9mFig

Code:
[LIST]
[*]V 1.0 Umad - Initial Release - December 1, 2014

[*]V 1.1 Umad - December 25,2014
[*]Added Earpiece speaker mod to allow earpiece playback during audio
[*]Swipe notification panel mod added - swipe left or right on the notification panel under any notification (if there are any)  to change to and from quick toggles
[*]Updated all Google apps (may need to update google play services
[*]Latest SuperSu apk (may need to updated binary via app)
[*]Moved Google apps to be user apps for better user experience
[*]Custom icon pack by me included! 

[*]V 1.2 Umad - December 31, 2014
[*]Removed Multiwindow sidebar app and Xposed Xmultiwindow
[*]Hard coded Omni style multiwindow (enable by long pressing on app in recents, add to split view)
[*]Removed Battery Bar settings app from tweaks app
[*]Re-wrote Battery bar and added to Settings/Status bar - more options now

[/LIST]

Known issues: NONE!!!

idqL487Xg

Twrp highly recommended but any updated recovery should suffice
Back up current rom with your best friend "MR. NANDROID BACKUP"
Back up user apps and data with preferred method (note that I have included Titanium as a user app to make life easier after flashing)
Download rom, verify md5 matches

IMPORTANT v 1.2 - XX INSTRUCTIONS:
IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS AS OF V 1.2 YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS AND NOT BE ABLE TO ENJOY THE ROM

• IF YOU ARE COMING FROM A LOLLIPOP ROM YOU MUST FLASH THE STOCK CM 11S MODEM AFTER INSTALLING THE ROM OR YOU'LL HAVE WAKE ISSUES (DOWNGRADE ISSUE NOT ROM ISSUE!)
  • ROM IS NOT SIMPLY ONE ZIP
  • FIRST DOWNLOAD 1.2 ZIP
  • YOU NEED TO EXTRACT THE ZIP ON EITHER YOUR PC OR IN A FILE MANAGER APP
  • INSIDE YOU WILL FIND 4 ZIP FILES (MAIN ROM AND 3 OTHER SMALLER ZIPS)
  • ONCE YOU HAVE THE FILES EXTRACTED AND ON YOUR PHONE OF COURSE REBOOT RECOVERY
  • PERFORM NANDROID BACKUP
  • FULL WIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NEXT FLASH THE MAIN ROM ZIP
  • REBOOT AND GO THROUGH THE INITIAL SETUP WIZARD
  • REBOOT RECOVERY AND FLASH THE NEXT 3 ZIPS IN ORDER!!!! (2nd zip, 3rd zip, 4th zip)
  • REBOOT AND WAIT FOR YOUR APPS TO OPTIMIZE (ONE TIME ONLY)
  • ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

previous version instructions:

Reboot recovery
Wipe data/factory reset
Advanced, wipe system
Flash rom, reboot
Enjoy!!!!

Additional info:

If you want Omni switch to work properly you also need to enable the disable signature check module. Otherwise you will get Restricted access mode which is pointless

Screen shots Please note I'm using a theme in most pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Credits
dwitherell - critically acclaimed author of the best selling books: "smali for dummies" and "smali and me". He love sammiches
PTMR3 - Just because!
Oneplus - For this amazing phone!
Cyanogen inc - stock base
JustArchi - kitchen
Chainfire - root
gharrington - 3minit developer
zst123 - multiwindow sidebar (V 1.0-1.1)
pvyParts - Battery Bar control (V 1.0-1.1)
Omnirom
rovo89
Tungstwenty
LPFinch - live wallpaper app - images and inspiration for bootanimation in initial release. Original thread Here
sshafranko, abhi08638 - earpiece speaker mod idea
Anyone who downloads this!
Anyone I missed, pm me!!!

f0TF123mg

If you are using this and enjoy it please consider rating my thread and leaving a review in the review tab on the browser! Thanks for your support guys. I've worked very hard on this and hope you enjoy my tinkerings!

Icon pack playstore link (if you wish to show additional support!) - according to xda rules since I have included the icon pack here for free I can link to the paid version also.

HERE!!!

REMEMBER THAT IF YOU ARE COMING FROM CM 12 OR ANY OTHER LOLLIPOP ROM YOU NEED TO FLASH THE CM 11S MODEM AFTER INSTALLING THE ROM OR YOU'LL HAVE ISSUES WITH WAKING THE DEVICE. THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE WITH THE ROM. THIS IS DUE TO DOWNGRADING YOUR ANDROID VERSION FROM LOLLIPOP

BenczeOS V 1.2 Umad

Previous versions:

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS!!!
I DO NOT SUPPORT MULTI ROM RECOVERY!
DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT BUGS OR FC THAT WERE NOT PRESENT BEFORE YOU RESTORED DATA!!!
PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY LINKS OR POST THIS ANYWHERE ELSE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM]BenczeOS v 1.1 Umad - 11s based - feature loaded - December 1, 2014, ROM for the ONEPLUS ONE

Contributors
markbencze
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: CM 11S

Version Information

Created 2014-12-12
Last Updated 2014-12-26

Last edited:

Negan

Staff member
Dope!

About to check it out.

Any plans of making a 5.0 build? (It's a beast!)

I will make a 5.0 build when we get an update. I purposely used 11s 4.4.4 as my base. I can't live without theme chooser!

Last edited:

GT247

Jun 27, 2010
Beautiful California
_o_....

That's a ___ ___. I know you were busting your butt on aroma, when they update it hopefully you'll be ahead of the curve because of your previous efforts

Reactions: Negan

Negan

Staff member
That's a ___ ___. I know you were busting your butt on aroma, when they update it hopefully you'll be ahead of the curve because of your previous efforts
If it gets updated I'll be all set. It goes through aroma perfectly. Just cannot actually install anything yet. Needs an L

Reactions: akapaul26

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    p85VQsw9g

Hey guys, me again with my ever so slow tinkering I've put together. Welcome to BenczeOS v 1.1 Umad.
    What the heck is that? Good question, I'm glad you asked. Bencze Operating System!
    This originally started off as a joke and I decided why not run with it and actually make this into an rom. Just like google, I decided to give my version a code name. Umad is v 1.0 - xx

So that being said let's get started. First things first:

Thread rules: Do not troll my thread. Please be respectful of other members. If you run into problems that are not listed in "known issues" then you may mention it. However a logcat would be helpful if you actually expect me to be able to fix the issue. Most issues (not all) are user error. Some times additional mods or apps you install may conflict. So before you blame me for anything please ensure you did a clean flash and also confirm that the issue was present before you restored/installed anything additional to what I have provided.
    Let's have some fun in here!

Read the entire OP before asking questions

So this is my own creation based on stock CM 11s, with added tweaks and features not found in stock rom. The goal is to share my work with the community as an alternative to stock 11s with added features.
    There are no nightly builds, and not likely weekly builds either (we'll see how much time I have).
    If you are looking for a rom with a ridiculous amount of features or a slim, debloated rom you should look elsewhere. This is not the rom you are looking for

KR7OgL.gif

Code:
     v 1.0 Umad - initial release
    [LIST]
    [*]Rooted with SuperSU
    [*]Deodexed
    [*]Zipaligned
    [*]Busybox
    [*]Custom DPI to maximize screen real estate
    [*]Tweaks control app advanced features:
    [*] Fix permissions
    [*] Zipalign apks
    [*]Mount system r/w
    [*]Mount system r/o
    [*]Wipe Cache
    [*]Wipe Dalvik Cache
    [*]Wipe Battery Stats
    [*]Omni switch
    [*]Battery bar options
    [*]LMT Pie control
    [*]MultiWindow (OMNI style, not xposed!)
    [*]3minit battery mod
    [*]App settings xposed
    [*]Viper4Android
    [*]Xposed installer
    [*]Custom boot animation
    [*]Animated notification panel
    [*]smooth scrolling mod
    [*]Ad blocker host files
    [*]lollipop sounds and goodies
    [*]Earpiece Speaker Mod
    [*]Swipe Notification panel switcher mod
    [*]Google apps and bloat to data/app
    [*]Custom icon pack included
    [/LIST]

exwn9mFig

Code:
    [LIST]
    [*]V 1.0 Umad - Initial Release - December 1, 2014

[*]V 1.1 Umad - December 25,2014
    [*]Added Earpiece speaker mod to allow earpiece playback during audio
    [*]Swipe notification panel mod added - swipe left or right on the notification panel under any notification (if there are any)  to change to and from quick toggles
    [*]Updated all Google apps (may need to update google play services
    [*]Latest SuperSu apk (may need to updated binary via app)
    [*]Moved Google apps to be user apps for better user experience
    [*]Custom icon pack by me included! 

[*]V 1.2 Umad - December 31, 2014
    [*]Removed Multiwindow sidebar app and Xposed Xmultiwindow
    [*]Hard coded Omni style multiwindow (enable by long pressing on app in recents, add to split view)
    [*]Removed Battery Bar settings app from tweaks app
    [*]Re-wrote Battery bar and added to Settings/Status bar - more options now

[/LIST]

Known issues: NONE!!!

idqL487Xg

Twrp highly recommended but any updated recovery should suffice
    Back up current rom with your best friend "MR. NANDROID BACKUP"
    Back up user apps and data with preferred method (note that I have included Titanium as a user app to make life easier after flashing)
    Download rom, verify md5 matches

IMPORTANT v 1.2 - XX INSTRUCTIONS:
    IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS AS OF V 1.2 YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS AND NOT BE ABLE TO ENJOY THE ROM

• IF YOU ARE COMING FROM A LOLLIPOP ROM YOU MUST FLASH THE STOCK CM 11S MODEM AFTER INSTALLING THE ROM OR YOU'LL HAVE WAKE ISSUES (DOWNGRADE ISSUE NOT ROM ISSUE!)
    • ROM IS NOT SIMPLY ONE ZIP
    • FIRST DOWNLOAD 1.2 ZIP
    • YOU NEED TO EXTRACT THE ZIP ON EITHER YOUR PC OR IN A FILE MANAGER APP
    • INSIDE YOU WILL FIND 4 ZIP FILES (MAIN ROM AND 3 OTHER SMALLER ZIPS)
    • ONCE YOU HAVE THE FILES EXTRACTED AND ON YOUR PHONE OF COURSE REBOOT RECOVERY
    • PERFORM NANDROID BACKUP
    • FULL WIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • NEXT FLASH THE MAIN ROM ZIP
    • REBOOT AND GO THROUGH THE INITIAL SETUP WIZARD
    • REBOOT RECOVERY AND FLASH THE NEXT 3 ZIPS IN ORDER!!!! (2nd zip, 3rd zip, 4th zip)
    • REBOOT AND WAIT FOR YOUR APPS TO OPTIMIZE (ONE TIME ONLY)
    • ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

previous version instructions:

Reboot recovery
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Advanced, wipe system
    Flash rom, reboot
    Enjoy!!!!

Additional info:

If you want Omni switch to work properly you also need to enable the disable signature check module. Otherwise you will get Restricted access mode which is pointless

Screen shots Please note I'm using a theme in most pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Credits
    dwitherell - critically acclaimed author of the best selling books: "smali for dummies" and "smali and me". He love sammiches
    PTMR3 - Just because!
    Oneplus - For this amazing phone!
    Cyanogen inc - stock base
    JustArchi - kitchen
    Chainfire - root
    gharrington - 3minit developer
    zst123 - multiwindow sidebar (V 1.0-1.1)
    pvyParts - Battery Bar control (V 1.0-1.1)
    Omnirom
    rovo89
    Tungstwenty
    LPFinch - live wallpaper app - images and inspiration for bootanimation in initial release. Original thread Here
    sshafranko, abhi08638 - earpiece speaker mod idea
    Anyone who downloads this!
    Anyone I missed, pm me!!!

f0TF123mg

If you are using this and enjoy it please consider rating my thread and leaving a review in the review tab on the browser! Thanks for your support guys. I've worked very hard on this and hope you enjoy my tinkerings!

Icon pack playstore link (if you wish to show additional support!) - according to xda rules since I have included the icon pack here for free I can link to the paid version also.

HERE!!!

REMEMBER THAT IF YOU ARE COMING FROM CM 12 OR ANY OTHER LOLLIPOP ROM YOU NEED TO FLASH THE CM 11S MODEM AFTER INSTALLING THE ROM OR YOU'LL HAVE ISSUES WITH WAKING THE DEVICE. THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE WITH THE ROM. THIS IS DUE TO DOWNGRADING YOUR ANDROID VERSION FROM LOLLIPOP

BenczeOS V 1.2 Umad

Previous versions:

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS!!!
    I DO NOT SUPPORT MULTI ROM RECOVERY!
    DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT BUGS OR FC THAT WERE NOT PRESENT BEFORE YOU RESTORED DATA!!!
    PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY LINKS OR POST THIS ANYWHERE ELSE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM]BenczeOS v 1.1 Umad - 11s based - feature loaded - December 1, 2014, ROM for the ONEPLUS ONE

Contributors
    markbencze
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: CM 11S

Version Information

Created 2014-12-12
    Last Updated 2014-12-26
    OK so cm 12 has theme engine working ish now so I'm thinking one more update coming soon before I start my painful rebase. I'm actually trying to compile a build for 12 right now to see if its stable enough to work with. No promises though!
    Taking this one too!
    I search a Deodexed ROM for my oneplus one, and I find this ROM...

After one week with this ROM, I can say: it's my favorite kitkat ROM !
    Installation instructions are easy thanks to the description in the first post (However, the green color stings a little eye :D)
    Great Job markbencze !!!

It's stable, no application error since I use it. :good:

I like the custom DPI and all the other features :good: although I do not use LMT Pie control and MultiWindow Sidebar by choice.

The Xposed Framework is in BenczeOs app (in the bottom of tweaks), I search a long time to find it :silly: but it's good thing that all settings is in the same app
    I just add some xposed module because I like them:
    - Advanced Power Menu+ (APM+)
    - AutoInstaller
    - chromepie
    - network speed indicator

an idea: a link to the BenczeOs app in the android settings directly ... and it will be more easy, if it can be done ?

Just a thing I would like to have: a real dark settings, in other ROM (ex: SlimRoms) I used it and i like it ^^ is there any way to include this please ?

for a v1.0, I can say I look forward to the next version, OTA app will be a very good thing for this.

I know, I always ask for more things :D

Thank you markbencze for your work and excuse me for my bad english ;)
    Thanks for the kind words. FYI this rom has advanced reboot (developer options) and if you look in the op you'll see a screenshot showing my tweaks app on settings. I removed it though for theming purposes. I thought people might not like that it wouldn't be themed when they installed a theme so I removed it. As for adding the dark option toggle like some Roms; remember that this is not an open source rom like others and I can't just cherry pick features. I have to actually manually hard code them in which is a lot more work and involves a lot of smali tinkering.
    I am slowly working on a few new things and when I'm done I'll definitely update