[ROM][BETA][10.x] LineageOS 17.1 [clover / MiPad4/ MiPad4 Plus]

Search This thread

LBN1

Feb 2, 2011
Mi Pad4 with sim slot. Flashed lineage-17.1-20200512-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip and it does NOT work for me. System starts to load - animation with green buble - and it resets to TWRP. Same with Havoc and Arrow - system stucks on logo animation. WTF?! Am I doing something wrong? I formatted data partition - no change. Only PixelExperience rom is working fine... but I would prefer Lineage... Any advice?!
There is a later version, look for 20210213; the link on the 1st page by the OP is not updated. I had the same problem though using the OpenGapps, but switched to NikGapps and now seems to be working fine.

pnin

Quick status report: managed to update my tablet with the files in OP (after initially failing to update to Ressurection Remix on account of broken TWRP, as reported at https://forum.xda-developers.com/posts/85105635).

What I did:
  1. Flash OrangeFox recovery (from https://archive.orangefox.download/OrangeFox-Stable/clover/)
  2. Reboot to recovery
  3. Performed prescribed formats/wipes (see OP; read OFox help if needed)
  4. Reboot to recovery
  5. Copied all needed files to external_sd (driver+adb needed: for ROM, GApps, DFE see 8.)
  6. Flashed TWRP in OP to recovery partition
  7. Reboot to recovery (succesfully booted TWRP v3.3.1)
  8. Flashed ROM ('lineage-17.1-20200512-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip'), GApps (I choose the "pico"version) and DFE
  9. Reboot to system, did basic setup (plus enabled "Developer options", "USB debug", "Advanced power menu", etc)
  10. Reboot to recovery
  11. Flashed OrangeFox to recovery again
  12. Reboot to recovery
  13. Used OrangeFox builtin feature to setup Magisk (see "Advanced options")
  14. Reboot to system
  15. Open Magisk and follow prompts to update (still on v21.4, though)
  16. Reboot...
Everything seems to be working, although only time will tell. Not the ideal upgrade, but good enough for the time being.

PS: used Migrate-NG to restore apps, data and permissions -- most but not everything worked (totally expectable with an OS upgrade -- i.e., A9 -> A10)...

Last edited:

Tomek0000

Jun 14, 2015
You have to set permission for gallery to access external card. Maybe access to disk over usb needs the same permission?
Why do you force to use orange recovery? Is better?
Magisk is able to install from apk and from each recovery if you change extension to zip.

Reactions: pnin

pnin

Maybe access to disk over usb needs the same permission?
Why do you force to use orange recovery? Is better?
Magisk is able to install from apk and from each recovery if you change extension to zip.

I tried to do just that -- with root -- but couldn't or it didn't work.

As for OF, as I said elsewhere, it has proven less error prone and stable than vanilla TWRP.

And I tried flashing the Magisk APK but it also didn't work.

Tomek0000

Jun 14, 2015
If I am not wrong, the official twrp does not work. This is a reason I use not official. I do not use it, but maybe the oldest (mokke or similar) is still the best because of encryption support (but is it compatible with A10 or a11 I do not know).
You can install magic on 3 ways:
1. Patching boot.img and replacing it. Use it with MIUI and devices released with A10+. Especial if custom recovery does not exist or does not support encryption.
2. Run apk and let magisk install over twrp. It works on some devices but sometimes don't.
3. Change .apk to .zip and install magisk from twrp. Some say it can not work with devices released with a11 if existed twrp if not full compatible.

The mi pad 4 is a8 device and point 3 works the best.

If you prefer orange recovery I do not understand why you change it to other for installation and you come back on the end. If orange is good, you are able do all with it. If you are not able to do something, orange is not good and not use it.

Last edited:

pnin

If you prefer orange recovery I do not understand why you change it to other for installation and you come back on the end.

I did that because that is what the developer recommends in OP -- I choose to follow official instructions as best as I can, so if it fails it can still be compared up to that point.

I'm not trying to become an expert in ROM flashing, TWRP or OF, I just want my device to perform reliably and this I got in the end as was my goal.

I'm keeping OF for the time being and until it fails to do what it is meant to.

I shared my experience here just in case it helps someone -- similar to how the experience of others has helped me before.

Tomek0000

Jun 14, 2015
I installed LOS 18.1 and it looks very good. This is to early to say, all is working excelent, but 1 thing looks better.
I had always problem with LTE modem in this LOS 17.1 . It was very hard to force it to work. I resigned and not used it.
It is different in 18.1 . It looks like this functionality returned to good working similar to LOS 16.

Reactions: Barracuda77777

pndwal

I installed LOS 18.1 and it looks very good. This is to early to say, all is working excelent, but 1 thing looks better.
I had always problem with LTE modem in this LOS 17.1 . It was very hard to force it to work. I resigned and not used it.
It is different in 18.1 . It looks like this functionality returned to good working similar to LOS 16.
If you have hardware problems since Pie (call/modem and in app calling, magnetic cover, fingerprint sensor in Mi Pad 4 plus, etc...), updating firmware is key, and latest stable isn't enough; only developer (weekly) fixes some issues post stock Android versions. (This is NOT updated by custom ROMs.)

I've posted here re. this, but here's my last post about it:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...al-mi-pad-4-plus-clover.4178757/post-85241783

With LTE, you can check baseband version in Settings, About tablet, Android version in LOS. Baseband will be 660_GEN_PACK-1.214729.1.215613.1 with latest developer firmware. 🤠 PW

Reactions: pnin
Jun 17, 2021
Good evening,
I did a little bit of research but I could not find any information on the battery life of this rom. I attached the file indicating mine (light usage) and I can get maximum 2 days. It seem quite odd of a 6000mh. Another question: do you know where it appen to be the light sensor,,? For privacy concern I got my front camera cover and light sensor It is behaving strange.

IMG_20210711_081049.jpg

limited_imagination

Nov 2, 2013
Hi all, I'm posting to express thanks to all the devs whose work made this great ROM possible, and especially to @rcstar6696 and @S-trace and @michael_ch and @sabar_op.

After much trial & error, I have just successfully compiled a new build of this 17.1 LineageOS ROM, with an updated Android security patch (August 5, 2021) and an updated kernel version to 4.4.245-Xiaomi_SDM660-LA.UM.8.2.r2-02500+ #2 Mon Aug 16 19:23:55 PDT 2021.

I have been running it on my MiPad 4 for a day now, and it seems to run as well as the @sabar_op version from October 2, 2020, that I was running before.

I'll try to find a place to host the zip file.

(Edit - I used Sourceforge, here's the link: )

I am a total newb at ROM building, but if I could pull it off, then I'm sure lots more of you could do it too. Obviously there are huge advantages to being able to do it for yourself.

There are plenty of how-to guides here at XDA, and I loosely followed this one: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-build-lineageos-how-to-use-github.3551484/

I started with Ubuntu 20.04 running in a VM on a Windows 10 PC, but even with 16 GB of ram configured for it on the VM, the build process kept crashing until finally I installed and enabled ZRAM. That last step took the build process from an ordeal of 3+ hours to get to 85% done at the failure point, into a 59 minute and 32 second speed demon success! After so many failures, I could hardly believe it finally worked.

Once everything was set up, the working commands in the terminal were as follows:

Code:
repo init -u https://github.com/LineageOS/android.git -b lineage-17.1

repo sync --force-sync

source build/envsetup.sh

brunch lineage_clover-userdebug

The specific conversation between @michael_ch and @rcstar6696 at post #909 and #910 in this thread was crucial to make it work. From that, I was able to create a working XML file in the local_manifests folder of the source code.

From reading that, my final local_manifest XML file looked like this:

(edit - Now I see a typo in sabarop's github address, which explains why those files didn't sync. Oh well, next time...)

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
    <remote name="lineageos"
            fetch="https://github.com/LineageOS/" />

<remote name="sdm660"
            fetch="https://github.com/xiaomi-sdm660/" />

<remote name="rcstar6696"
            fetch="https://github.com/rcstar6696/" />

<remote name="crdroidandroid"
            fetch="https://github.com/crdroidandroid/" />

<remote name="sabraop"
            fetch="https://github.com/sabraop/" />

<!-- BUILD MANIFEST -->
    <project name="android_build_scripts" path="build/scripts" remote="sdm660" revision="lineage-17.0">
        <linkfile src="buildxiaomi.sh" dest="buildxiaomi.sh" />
        <linkfile src="buildxiaomi_kernel.sh" dest="buildxiaomi_kernel.sh" />
        <linkfile src="sync.sh" dest="sync.sh" />
        <linkfile src="buildmodule.sh" dest="buildmodule.sh" />
    </project>

<!-- Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 (clover) -->
    <project name="android_device_xiaomi_clover" path="device/xiaomi/clover" remote="sdm660" revision="lineage-17.1" />
    <project name="android_device_xiaomi_sdm660-common" path="device/xiaomi/sdm660-common" remote="sdm660" revision="cr-8.0-hmp" />
    <project name="android_kernel_xiaomi_clover" path="kernel/xiaomi/clover" remote="sdm660" revision="kernel.lnx.4.4.r38-rel-wifi" />
    <project name="android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm660" path="kernel/xiaomi/sdm660" remote="sdm660" revision="master" />
    <project name="android_vendor_xiaomi_clover" path="vendor/xiaomi/clover" remote="sdm660" revision="master" />
    <project name="android_vendor_xiaomi_sdm660-common" path="vendor/xiaomi/sdm660-common" remote="sdm660" revision="cr-8.0-hmp" />
    <project name="android_vendor_xiaomi_MiuiCamera" path="vendor/xiaomi/MiuiCamera" remote="sdm660" revision="master" />

<!--    Fixes "make[1]: clang: Command not found" kernel build failure  -->
    <project path="prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-r377782c" name="android_prebuilts_clang_host_linux-x86_clang-6305083" groups="pdk" clone-depth="1" remote="crdroidandroid" revision="10.0"/>
</manifest>

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210819-154507_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210819-154507_Settings.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

limited_imagination

Nov 2, 2013
Did you manage to solve the problem first reported by @wwt (see https://forum.xda-developers.com//posts/83758909 and folowing) of missing satellite positioning networks other than GPS?

Allegedly, it wasn't present in the initial builds of LOS in OP and was introduced by later ones...
I can't take any credit for it, but I think it's fixed in this build.

I just grabbed GPS Test from the play store, and I filtered out all the satellites except for GLONASS, and my device could only see two of them (#19 and #04). This is in the area Vancouver, Canada.

When I removed all the filters and allowed it to see everything up in the sky, then the device could see 13 satellites.

So I am certain that it can see GLONASS as well as GPS.

(GLONASS was not that useful for the part of the planet that I was standing on today, but YMMV!)

Screenshots attached.
Screenshot_20210820-142307_GPS_Test.png
Screenshot_20210820-142326_GPS_Test.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

This Rom works on MI PAD 4 or MI PAD 4 PLUS​

Instructions

1. Download ROM, Gapps, TWRP recovery.
    2. Flash TWRP Recovery via fastboot (fastboot flash recovery pathTo/recovery.img)
    3. Boot into Recovery
    4. Format System, Data and wipe Dalvik, Cache from recovery (Wipe Option).
    5. Flash Lineage zip.
    6. Flash Gapps zip.
    7. Reboot.

(Optional)
    6.2 Root: Download Magisk & flash Magisk zip via Recovery

Downloads :
    Recommand TWRP
    TWRP with ability to decrypt /data/ partition (origin)

Clover Builds (by S-trace)
    lineage-17.1-20200512-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip - Current release.

Gapps (use open_gapps-arm64-10.0 versions only)

Known Issues:
    * nothing

Notes:
    • OTA:
      OTA support has been added in lineage-17.1-20200406-UNOFFICIAL-clover build.
      Any test reports are greatly appreciated.
    • OTA+Magisk+encryption:
      If your device is encrypted and you are using Magisk - please use TWRP with encryption support (above) and install downloaded by OTA updater ZIP manually after reboot into TWRP, or reflash Magisk ZIP after update (reboot to TWRP, decrypt /data/ and then flash Magisk).
    • SafetyNet:
      To pass SafetyNet ctsProfile enable Magisk Hide in Magisk Manager and wipe Play Store data.
    • Legal questions about the state of this project:
      rcstar6696, the original developer of this ROM have abandoned it for a while after the build 20200106 , and I (S-trace) built a new build of this ROM, and then I fixed an issue with WLAN Tethering offload on encrypted devices (rcstar6696 don't support the device encryption, but don't forbid the encryption completely), and then I got the invite from rcstar6696 to the xiaomi-sdm660 team to maintain the LineageOS for the clover (rcstar6696 supports several Xiaomi SDM660 devices, not only clover). Then I got the piracy attack from LR-user but rcstar6696 responded to this attack and confirmed me as the new LineageOS maintainer for clover because he simply not have the time to maintain 3 ROMs and transferred this project to me.
      I'm too don't have much time to develop the LineageOS for clover, so I just merge the cr-8.0 branch to lineage-17.1 branch and build the ROM, install it to my clover tablet (LTE-4GB-8" model) and quickly test it, and (if no problems were detected) upload it and post it here and release the ROM as an OTA update. So, please also thank rcstar6696 for this ROM, because I don't develop it very much but just maintain it using rcstar6696 original development for cr-8.0 ROM.

Changes (full changelog):
    • May Security Patch
    • Switched to cr-8.0-eas common vendor tree
    • Android updated to 10.0.0_r35
    • Kernel updated to 4.4.223
    • Blobs updated to LA.UM.8.2.r1-06500-sdm660.0
    • Misc LineageOS fixes and updates

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][BETA][10.x] LineageOS 17.1 [clover / MiPad4/ MiPad4 Plus], ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4

Contributors
    rcstar6696, S-trace
    Source Code: https://github.com/xiaomi-sdm660

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: Lineage

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 17.1-20200512
    Beta Release Date: 2020-05-12

Created 2019-10-23
    Last Updated 2020-07-20
    ##### Android 10 Beta Lineage Build #####

Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 (clover) Update 06-01-2020

Maintainer: @rcstar6696

Device Changelog:
    • Updated Kernel to 4.4.208
    • December Security Patch
    • Bring inline with Xiaomi sdm660 Source (Same Base as CarbonRom)
    • Minor Improvements and Cleanup

Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!rB5kSabC!7ScCYVTyRcJvW6icCu3MJ6zZcsvoQ5Xg0v-ptTpalhQ

Recommand TWRP: https://mega.nz/#!CQQRwSAL!VX34bYDiiZCfYAIE03ZhIfkhxyx7-fb1wm1rI6abVek

The Build contains no Gapps. Gapps have be installed again.

Clean Flash needed from Lineage 17.0 no update possible

Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 (clover) Update 29-11-2019

Device Changelog:
    • Updated Kernel to 4.4.205
    • November Security Patch
    • Bring inline with Xiaomi sdm660 Source (Same Base as CarbonRom)

Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!nNJznQIL!8tnPSb8zadjCg6xGQcucOWkOMFNM0IAccpchmtgwBfg

Recommand TWRP: https://mega.nz/#!CQQRwSAL!VX34bYDiiZCfYAIE03ZhIfkhxyx7-fb1wm1rI6abVek

Only Magisk higher than 19.5 supported

Note: Don't except that everything is working smooth and perfect. All is Work in Progess. Keep that in mind and not officialy released by Lineage

Xiaomi Mi PAD 4 (clover) Update 01-11-2019

Device Changelog:
    • Updated Kernel to last CAF Release
    • Updated Wifi Driver to last CAF Release
    • Updated Qcom Configs from LA.UM.8.2.r1-04800
    • Unified some Vendor Blobs
    • Updated Kernel to 4.4.198
    • Fixed Ui Lag after some days
    • Added Snapcamera
    • Updated Round Corner Configuration
    • Set default Wifi country code (5Ghz for all)
    • Fixed Encyrption

Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!eRInXaYR!CxbXcS9cmydh7I7t3JCLd7CDStBFQWPuLlwoOZKx03U

Only Magisk higher than 19.5 supported

Note: Don't except that everything is working smooth and perfect. All is Work in Progess. Keep that in mind and not officialy released by Lineage

Kernel WiFi Speed fix for all 10 Roms

It restores pie Wifi driver and upstreams kernel to newest Release