[ROM][BETA][10.x] LineageOS 17.1 [clover / MiPad4/ MiPad4 Plus]

Search This thread

rcstar6696

Dec 21, 2013
Kassel (Hessen)
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

This Rom works on MI PAD 4 or MI PAD 4 PLUS​

Instructions

1. Download ROM, Gapps, TWRP recovery.
2. Flash TWRP Recovery via fastboot (fastboot flash recovery pathTo/recovery.img)
3. Boot into Recovery
4. Format System, Data and wipe Dalvik, Cache from recovery (Wipe Option).
5. Flash Lineage zip.
6. Flash Gapps zip.
7. Reboot.

(Optional)
6.2 Root: Download Magisk & flash Magisk zip via Recovery

Downloads :
Recommand TWRP
TWRP with ability to decrypt /data/ partition (origin)

Clover Builds (by S-trace)
lineage-17.1-20200512-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip - Current release.

Gapps (use open_gapps-arm64-10.0 versions only)

Known Issues:
* nothing

Notes:
  • OTA:
    OTA support has been added in lineage-17.1-20200406-UNOFFICIAL-clover build.
    Any test reports are greatly appreciated.
  • OTA+Magisk+encryption:
    If your device is encrypted and you are using Magisk - please use TWRP with encryption support (above) and install downloaded by OTA updater ZIP manually after reboot into TWRP, or reflash Magisk ZIP after update (reboot to TWRP, decrypt /data/ and then flash Magisk).
  • SafetyNet:
    To pass SafetyNet ctsProfile enable Magisk Hide in Magisk Manager and wipe Play Store data.
  • Legal questions about the state of this project:
    rcstar6696, the original developer of this ROM have abandoned it for a while after the build 20200106 , and I (S-trace) built a new build of this ROM, and then I fixed an issue with WLAN Tethering offload on encrypted devices (rcstar6696 don't support the device encryption, but don't forbid the encryption completely), and then I got the invite from rcstar6696 to the xiaomi-sdm660 team to maintain the LineageOS for the clover (rcstar6696 supports several Xiaomi SDM660 devices, not only clover). Then I got the piracy attack from LR-user but rcstar6696 responded to this attack and confirmed me as the new LineageOS maintainer for clover because he simply not have the time to maintain 3 ROMs and transferred this project to me.
    I'm too don't have much time to develop the LineageOS for clover, so I just merge the cr-8.0 branch to lineage-17.1 branch and build the ROM, install it to my clover tablet (LTE-4GB-8" model) and quickly test it, and (if no problems were detected) upload it and post it here and release the ROM as an OTA update. So, please also thank rcstar6696 for this ROM, because I don't develop it very much but just maintain it using rcstar6696 original development for cr-8.0 ROM.

Changes (full changelog):
  • May Security Patch
  • Switched to cr-8.0-eas common vendor tree
  • Android updated to 10.0.0_r35
  • Kernel updated to 4.4.223
  • Blobs updated to LA.UM.8.2.r1-06500-sdm660.0
  • Misc LineageOS fixes and updates

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][BETA][10.x] LineageOS 17.1 [clover / MiPad4/ MiPad4 Plus], ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4

Contributors
rcstar6696, S-trace
Source Code: https://github.com/xiaomi-sdm660

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: Lineage

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 17.1-20200512
Beta Release Date: 2020-05-12

Created 2019-10-23
Last Updated 2020-07-20

Last edited:

Alex Kane

Mar 10, 2015
Thanks for your effort. Boots fine on the regular Mi PAD 4 64GB. Other than that, would you mind specifying the TWRP version in the OP?

McFlypants

Mar 22, 2013
Xiaomi 12
It looks really good.

I installed it dirty over LineageOS 16 on my MiPad 4 Plus LTE.

No FCs, youtube working, sound working, wlan and lte working.

Animations were a bit laggy in playstore when i started updating apps.

Now installing magisk - not booting yet.

McFlypants

Mar 22, 2013
Xiaomi 12
It looks really good.

I installed it dirty over LineageOS 16 on my MiPad 4 Plus LTE.

No FCs, youtube working, sound working, wlan and lte working.

Animations were a bit laggy in playstore when i started updating apps.

Now installing magisk - not booting yet.

Reflashed it clean: everything important works but i can't use riru_edxposed. It stays at the MI-Bootlogo for so long, i didn't want to wait anymore.

sieben43

Sep 20, 2016
Hello,

the rom works perfectly and pretty stable so far.
Thanks for your time and work!
I just can't get Google Photos to sync, but I assume it's a gapps issue. Everything else is running fine.

Would you mind adding ethernet usb drivers to the kernel?
The device recognises the USB-to-ethernet adapter and shows a dummy0 interface instead of eth0 when running ifconfig.
There was ethernet support on the February Lineageos 16 build found on 4pda.
I'd be really happy to have that feature, but I'm already thankful for being able to run Android 10.

banesi

Dec 27, 2006
Finally :) thanks @rcstar6696 will flash asap

EDIT: Had initially shutdown after Mi logo. Not sure if that was becuase I flashed Magisk 19.3 or because I didn't flashed disable_dm-verity_forceencrypt_10.20.2019

anyway, after flashing magisk v20.0 and disable_dm-verity_forceencrypt_10.20.2019 now it's all good

even magnetic cover works, close and open :D

Last edited:
Reactions: senseii

rcstar6696

Dec 21, 2013
Kassel (Hessen)
Finally :) thanks @rcstar6696 will flash asap

EDIT: Had initially shutdown after Mi logo. Not sure if that was becuase I flashed Magisk 19.3 or because I didn't flashed disable_dm-verity_forceencrypt_10.20.2019

anyway, after flashing magisk v20.0 and disable_dm-verity_forceencrypt_10.20.2019 now it's all good

even magnetic cover works, close and open :D

Only above magisk 19.5 will work. All lower are not working

Reactions: senseii and banesi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

This Rom works on MI PAD 4 or MI PAD 4 PLUS​

Instructions

1. Download ROM, Gapps, TWRP recovery.
    2. Flash TWRP Recovery via fastboot (fastboot flash recovery pathTo/recovery.img)
    3. Boot into Recovery
    4. Format System, Data and wipe Dalvik, Cache from recovery (Wipe Option).
    5. Flash Lineage zip.
    6. Flash Gapps zip.
    7. Reboot.

(Optional)
    6.2 Root: Download Magisk & flash Magisk zip via Recovery

Downloads :
    Recommand TWRP
    TWRP with ability to decrypt /data/ partition (origin)

Clover Builds (by S-trace)
    lineage-17.1-20200512-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip - Current release.

Gapps (use open_gapps-arm64-10.0 versions only)

Known Issues:
    * nothing

Notes:
    • OTA:
      OTA support has been added in lineage-17.1-20200406-UNOFFICIAL-clover build.
      Any test reports are greatly appreciated.
    • OTA+Magisk+encryption:
      If your device is encrypted and you are using Magisk - please use TWRP with encryption support (above) and install downloaded by OTA updater ZIP manually after reboot into TWRP, or reflash Magisk ZIP after update (reboot to TWRP, decrypt /data/ and then flash Magisk).
    • SafetyNet:
      To pass SafetyNet ctsProfile enable Magisk Hide in Magisk Manager and wipe Play Store data.
    • Legal questions about the state of this project:
      rcstar6696, the original developer of this ROM have abandoned it for a while after the build 20200106 , and I (S-trace) built a new build of this ROM, and then I fixed an issue with WLAN Tethering offload on encrypted devices (rcstar6696 don't support the device encryption, but don't forbid the encryption completely), and then I got the invite from rcstar6696 to the xiaomi-sdm660 team to maintain the LineageOS for the clover (rcstar6696 supports several Xiaomi SDM660 devices, not only clover). Then I got the piracy attack from LR-user but rcstar6696 responded to this attack and confirmed me as the new LineageOS maintainer for clover because he simply not have the time to maintain 3 ROMs and transferred this project to me.
      I'm too don't have much time to develop the LineageOS for clover, so I just merge the cr-8.0 branch to lineage-17.1 branch and build the ROM, install it to my clover tablet (LTE-4GB-8" model) and quickly test it, and (if no problems were detected) upload it and post it here and release the ROM as an OTA update. So, please also thank rcstar6696 for this ROM, because I don't develop it very much but just maintain it using rcstar6696 original development for cr-8.0 ROM.

Changes (full changelog):
    • May Security Patch
    • Switched to cr-8.0-eas common vendor tree
    • Android updated to 10.0.0_r35
    • Kernel updated to 4.4.223
    • Blobs updated to LA.UM.8.2.r1-06500-sdm660.0
    • Misc LineageOS fixes and updates

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][BETA][10.x] LineageOS 17.1 [clover / MiPad4/ MiPad4 Plus], ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4

Contributors
    rcstar6696, S-trace
    Source Code: https://github.com/xiaomi-sdm660

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: Lineage

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 17.1-20200512
    Beta Release Date: 2020-05-12

Created 2019-10-23
    Last Updated 2020-07-20
    ##### Android 10 Beta Lineage Build #####

Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 (clover) Update 06-01-2020

Maintainer: @rcstar6696

Device Changelog:
    • Updated Kernel to 4.4.208
    • December Security Patch
    • Bring inline with Xiaomi sdm660 Source (Same Base as CarbonRom)
    • Minor Improvements and Cleanup

Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!rB5kSabC!7ScCYVTyRcJvW6icCu3MJ6zZcsvoQ5Xg0v-ptTpalhQ

Recommand TWRP: https://mega.nz/#!CQQRwSAL!VX34bYDiiZCfYAIE03ZhIfkhxyx7-fb1wm1rI6abVek

The Build contains no Gapps. Gapps have be installed again.

Clean Flash needed from Lineage 17.0 no update possible

Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 (clover) Update 29-11-2019

Device Changelog:
    • Updated Kernel to 4.4.205
    • November Security Patch
    • Bring inline with Xiaomi sdm660 Source (Same Base as CarbonRom)

Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!nNJznQIL!8tnPSb8zadjCg6xGQcucOWkOMFNM0IAccpchmtgwBfg

Recommand TWRP: https://mega.nz/#!CQQRwSAL!VX34bYDiiZCfYAIE03ZhIfkhxyx7-fb1wm1rI6abVek

Only Magisk higher than 19.5 supported

Note: Don't except that everything is working smooth and perfect. All is Work in Progess. Keep that in mind and not officialy released by Lineage

Xiaomi Mi PAD 4 (clover) Update 01-11-2019

Device Changelog:
    • Updated Kernel to last CAF Release
    • Updated Wifi Driver to last CAF Release
    • Updated Qcom Configs from LA.UM.8.2.r1-04800
    • Unified some Vendor Blobs
    • Updated Kernel to 4.4.198
    • Fixed Ui Lag after some days
    • Added Snapcamera
    • Updated Round Corner Configuration
    • Set default Wifi country code (5Ghz for all)
    • Fixed Encyrption

Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!eRInXaYR!CxbXcS9cmydh7I7t3JCLd7CDStBFQWPuLlwoOZKx03U

Only Magisk higher than 19.5 supported

Note: Don't except that everything is working smooth and perfect. All is Work in Progess. Keep that in mind and not officialy released by Lineage

Kernel WiFi Speed fix for all 10 Roms

It restores pie Wifi driver and upstreams kernel to newest Release