[ROM][BETA][13.0][taimen] ArrowOS [AOSP]

Search This thread
logo.png
/*
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
* It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
* Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
* contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
* have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
*/

ABOUT
ArrowOS
is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
Code Review: review.arrowos.net
E-mail: arrowos.contact
PayPal: Donate to us
Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
  • WiFi
  • Audio
  • GPS
  • Cameras
  • Flashlight
  • Fingerprint
  • Vibration
  • Bluetooth

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
  • RIL
  • You tell me
Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
Click here to Download

Read our blog article/post about:
* HOW-TO report a bug
* GAPPS and VANILLA variants
* Checking build integrity

ROM Source- ArrowOS
Kernel Source- GitHub

Last edited:

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
BTW, I wasn't sure what was the most up-to date version, so I flashed v.5 from the Download's link and the latest version from the Test folder, which appeared to be a few hrs more redent. Seemed pretty much the same. I was hoping that one of them contained gapps, but I see both are labled as Vanilla when you look in Settings/About my device.

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
BTW, I wasn't sure what was the most up-to date version, so I flashed v.5 from the Download's link and the latest version from the Test folder, which appeared to be a few hrs more redent. Seemed pretty much the same. I was hoping that one of them contained gapps, but I see both are labled as Vanilla when you look in Settings/About my device.
Flashed minimal Gapps yesterday. Everything working great! But I could use a more robust gapps, e.g. with Google Mail and other basic Gapps... Any reccomendations?

imkentoy

Oct 8, 2011
Antipolo
Google Pixel 2 XL
I think it is not guaranteed. Given that this ROM is on beta stage so bugs are expected. Like OP said don't flash it on your main device. Otherwise feel free to try and report the issues you've encountered.

Reactions: aziz07

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
Amazing, great work!! I flashed latest v. 6 on Saturday and reflashed with minimal Core gapps on Sunday. Litegapps 57 MB. Also flashed TWRP and rooted with no issues.

Works nicely, but had to dl gapps from Play store. Need smaller size rom if you are going to include anything more than minimal gapps w/o modifying System partition. I.e., risk brick 🧱.

Occasionally having slight issues bringing up recents with gesture nav. Not sure if it's a ROM issue or related to LC launcher. This issue went away. See Edit, below.

Edit: As this is my backup phone to play with, yesterday, contrary to my advice to users for which Taimen is their dd, I decided to try to repartition my Taimen. I used the script on @Pixelbot 's PE 12.1 XDA thread. If I bricked, it would be no great loss! Also, this was a personal challenge!

Repartitioning using @PixelBoot's script worked without incident! I factory wiped in TWRP and with the larger System Partition I was able to install the Nik Gapps Full A13 gapps package and booted without incident. Restored my settings and apps using my Pixel6 Pro and everything works great (except for telephony, due to RIL not being fixed yet, but I don't have a sim on my Taimen. :)... I am looking forward to playing with the next update.

Last edited:
Reactions: all43

KC69

Jul 25, 2011
I got an update ota to 13.0 today. I assume data and all is working on it? I'm really wanting to flash it. Do we need to clean flash or just ota away? Lol

KC69

Jul 25, 2011
Why would they send an ota with ril not working. That's why I asked because of yer previous post about data not working. In the changelings fer last couple of days lots of radio and WiFi changes have been done. I always look at those before flashing . So I guess I'll wait on the dev to reply or go over to telegram to research this question a tad bit deeper.

Reactions: k1riak100

KC69

Jul 25, 2011
Wait a minute Alxoom. If yer on last update without radio working can you look in the updater in settings? I mean I got a notification on my bar and updater download like a normal OTA .... HHHHMMM. Off ta research. Haha

KC69

Jul 25, 2011
I must be going crazy. When the notification showed up it said 13.0 .. after I downloaded it it says 12.1 , and it says 13.0 in the changelogs. Oh well guess I'm blind or crazy,,,, prolly both LoL

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
Wait a minute Alxoom. If yer on last update without radio working can you look in the updater in settings? I mean I got a notification on my bar and updater download like a normal OTA .... HHHHMMM. Off ta research. Haha
Updater says last version for this device. No updates are available.
Screenshot_20220907-235621.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • WiFi
    • Audio
    • GPS
    • Cameras
    • Flashlight
    • Fingerprint
    • Vibration
    • Bluetooth

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • RIL
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source- ArrowOS
    Kernel Source- GitHub
    New build is out!
    SELinux has been set to Enforcing and qcrilhook.jar bugs have helped progress RIL solution.

So far RIL is still broken, again, as stated, don't test on your main device.
    Just a gentle reminder to not flash this ROM on your main device, as especially with RIL at the moment, is broken, preventing and mobile data/call usage.
    Does this ROM have a version with working radios to use on a daily phone? This threads been quiet lately hope all's well with those involved.
    I've built one which have working RIL - just issue pending is that it is permissive. If you are interested get it from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pe...taimen-UNOFFICIAL-20221001-GAPPS.zip/download

@PixelBoot sorry for hijacking your thread - I hope you don't mind ;)

Nitin
    I don't even have an older pixel (on 6 pro), but what is permissive? I am hoping people like you guys can keep 6 pro running after 15 comes out (less than 2 years to go)
    Permissive means that the security function SE-linux doesn't do anything. The opposite is enforcing. Some apps consider the phone unsecure if permissive.

The idea of SE-linux is to attach a policy to everything that tells which processes are allowed to do what. That's a lot of work to get right, so early versions of roms often run permissive.

Apologies for off-topic...