• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[ROM][BETA][7.1.2][6045*] AOKP-ROM - Alcatel Idol 3 5.5

Huskied

Jun 10, 2015
Round Rock

Device: Alcatel Idol 3

» Installation is simple:
  • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
  • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
  • Reboot

» Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

» Beta downloads, mirrors, MD5s are found Here

» AOKP Gerrit
» AOKP on Github
» SOURCE on AOKP.co

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
» Donation options on AOKP.co

Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
AOKP (Nougat)(6045*), ROM for the Alcatel Onetouch Idol 3

Contributors
Huskied, Sinister Drake, Demetris, Alek Dev
Source Code: https://github.com/IDOL-3

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: Lineage 14.1

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 7.0
Beta Release Date: 2017-06-20

Created 2017-06-21
Last Updated 2017-07-01

Last edited:

Huskied

Jun 10, 2015
Round Rock
Bugs are the same as LOS 14.1, Which is this case, located under this text. (Update 6/24/17)
What's working :
Boots
RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
Offline charging
Camera
Video Playback
Audio
Flash
LED
GPS
FM
NFC
Wifi Direct
What is not working
- Proximity Sensor Proximity gives the finger for switching off screen in calls but works.(under investigation)
- Video Recording fixed but sometimes camera force closes .(under investigation) Fixed
- MTP fixed 13/06/17
- Volte Testers needed for this to be fixed. Closing this down until we get some :)
If you have Volte support and you can test please respond to this thread.

Last edited:

neutrinobox

Jul 7, 2011
FFM
Hi.....

i use this Rom in Germany on a EU 6045y (Single Sim) , but i think i have a baseband problem because the carrier names are not present.
i have "edge", "h+" and LTE connection and only the carrier ID. (262-02 for Vodafone , 262-01 for Tmobile)

Last night i tried the Lineage OS 14.1 Rom, with this my Sim isn´t recognized , so i switched to this Rom.
Here modem works , but no carrier name.

This Day with the 6045y was scary.
3 times it dosn´t recognize the Sim. It can be solved by restart the device.
Also the battey icon in taskbar comes and goes how it will.

Last edited:

Huskied

Jun 10, 2015
Round Rock
Hi.....

i use this Rom in Germany on a EU 6045y (Single Sim) , but i think i have a baseband problem because the carrier names are not present.
i have "edge", "h+" and LTE connection and only the carrier ID. (262-02 for Vodafone , 262-01 for Tmobile)

Last night i tried the Lineage OS 14.1 Rom, with this my Sim isn´t recognized , so i switched to this Rom.
Here modem works , but no carrier name.

This Day with the 6045y was scary.
3 times it dosn´t recognize the Sim. It can be solved by restart the device.
Also the battey icon in taskbar comes and goes how it will.
That's odd, Considering the fact that Only LTE has been acting up on me, And I have never seen carrier info display like that. Because it is on Lineage I'll try to see when the current maintainer for Lineage gets back can look into.

neutrinobox

Jul 7, 2011
FFM
good morning ;)

new discovery,
when i drive in my car in areas with no network present or areas with 2G,3G,4G in change the modem or modem driver in my 6045y crashs an the sim isn´t reconized again. Then i turn flightmode on and off, modem comes back and Sim work.

When i stay at home or in a areas with permanent network connection nothing happens and the phone works great.

Huskied

Jun 10, 2015
Round Rock
good morning ;)

new discovery,
when i drive in my car in areas with no network present or areas with 2G,3G,4G in change the modem or modem driver in my 6045y crashs an the sim isn´t reconized again. Then i turn flightmode on and off, modem comes back and Sim work.

When i stay at home or in a areas with permanent network connection nothing happens and the phone works great.
Hello, And thank you for the feedback. The data bug has been notified and as soon as we can get it fixed the Airplane mode option is the only thing that we can do. As of right now we are working to get Proximity squashed.

Reactions: Allenoic

slingreal35

Jul 27, 2017
Im running into walls as learning as you go often does. With little to no knowledge to start off, let me vet to the point. Trying to gain insight on audio drivers for alcatel idol 3 ( if any). No help from Alcatel. But would like to know if possible and how to step by step the process without injury. Thankyou.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Anyone direct me to section crash course 101 in the basics of all things smartphone. Respectfully, I know Im way out of my league even bieng here. But, Ill say this if you want to be great you hang with the greats. Hope appealing to your ego will produce any response.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk