[ROM][BETA] AOSP 2.3.4 Gingerbread HTC Evo w/ New gTalk

Search This thread

lithid-cm

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
This is the latest update from google that was pushed last night. There are issues and this isn't stable yet. This is being posted here to get some attention.I want to thank the CM Team and dsixda for the android kitchen. I used cyanogenmod's device tree, qcom, legacy hardware. This is a WIP as there are issues. This update changed a few things so some things still need to be figured out.

NOTE: I am not responsible for what anyone does. I am just doing my best to bring the latest android to our phones.

Issues:
* 4g
* Camcorder
* Launcher2 (Sometimes get all buggy and needs to be FC'd)

Everything else as I can tell is working fine. If you have any ideas and want to lend a hand please do so. Here is the info for this.

Rom and Gapps w/ New Talk.apk:
http://www.mediafire.com/?p05q54839gjzt

Github:
https://github.com/LithRom

How to sync and build it:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/dsixda/Android-Kitchen.git android-Kitchen
mkdir lithrom
repo init -u git://github.com/LithRom/aosp.git
repo sync
cd lithrom
cd device/htc/supersonic
. /extract-files.sh
cd ../../..
. build/envsetup.sh
lunch lithrom_supersonic-userdebug
make -j2 (or how ever many jobs you want to run)
Now once that is done since I don't know if the otapackage is working or not (usually needs edits) I just take the system.img and boot.img from:
Code:
out/target/product/supersonic
Move them into the android-kitchen and add busybox and root it for now. Everything will be fix including the otapackge eventually.

If there is anything else please let me know.

Last edited:

rank78

Dec 1, 2009
No chance things being easy enough as pulling the gtalk.apk and pushing it to CM7? lol

Reactions: yofat04

addisonhammer

Jun 28, 2010
Charleston, SC
Other Files

there is an SO file: libTalk_jni.SO that is probabaly required. The original "libjingle" source google used for chat is in C++, so it isn't surprising that the lib was made from JNI.
I just got done flashing the 2.3.4 GAPP and google talk works great!
Voice and video chats working smoothly.

tramane

Jun 11, 2005
Austin, TX
there is an SO file: libTalk_jni.SO that is probabaly required. The original "libjingle" source google used for chat is in C++, so it isn't surprising that the lib was made from JNI.
I just got done flashing the 2.3.4 GAPP and google talk works great!
Voice and video chats working smoothly.

How did you get voice and video?
It force closes on me.
Im on CM7 chat works great but voice and video FC and go back to the buddy list.

edit: Ooooh flash he gapps lithid.
Doing now!!

Last edited:

addisonhammer

Jun 28, 2010
Charleston, SC
I'm on CM7 too. I wiped cache and dalvik, flashed the GAPPS 2.3.4 provided above, and bam.

Now, I did this after manually adding the libTalk_jni.so to my /System/lib... but i would think gapps would do that automatically.
Check to be sure... then give me your google ID and see if it works. As of yet, I can only get outgoing calls to a gmail client working. Incoming... not so much.

tramane

Jun 11, 2005
Austin, TX
I'm on CM7 too. I wiped cache and dalvik, flashed the GAPPS 2.3.4 provided above, and bam.

Now, I did this after manually adding the libTalk_jni.so to my /System/lib... but i would think gapps would do that automatically.
Check to be sure... then give me your google ID and see if it works. As of yet, I can only get outgoing calls to a gmail client working. Incoming... not so much.

Still fc's on me.
Maybe i need to manually add that libtalk ?

addisonhammer

Jun 28, 2010
Charleston, SC
Ahh... I dont know. I got a few video and voice calls in, then suddenly it started FC'ing on me (after making NO changes)

I suspect Foul play. Yes. I mean you, Google.

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Ahh... I dont know. I got a few video and voice calls in, then suddenly it started FC'ing on me (after making NO changes)

I have not really messed with the Talk.apk yet. I am really trying to get calls to work right. Currently it goes through rings and FC on the phone and hotboots.

Reactions: MagnusRagnarok

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Voice Working!

Just got the voice to work by default now. There is an issue with the device tree and now its resolved. So this should be getting more stable now. I am still working on the wifi issue I currently can't connect with this kernel. I have not tried any others yet. I uploaded the lasted build to the mediafire folder for download and the changes are reflected on my github.

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Wifi now working!

I got wifi to work now as well now. Like I was saying there were some differences in how this updates handles the data/wifi. The only thing this is missing now is camcorder and 8mm. which will be done today and we will have the first pure aosp 2.3.4 build for the evo.

You can download the build from my mediafire folder on OP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the latest update from google that was pushed last night. There are issues and this isn't stable yet. This is being posted here to get some attention.I want to thank the CM Team and dsixda for the android kitchen. I used cyanogenmod's device tree, qcom, legacy hardware. This is a WIP as there are issues. This update changed a few things so some things still need to be figured out.

NOTE: I am not responsible for what anyone does. I am just doing my best to bring the latest android to our phones.

Issues:
    * 4g
    * Camcorder
    * Launcher2 (Sometimes get all buggy and needs to be FC'd)

Everything else as I can tell is working fine. If you have any ideas and want to lend a hand please do so. Here is the info for this.

Rom and Gapps w/ New Talk.apk:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?p05q54839gjzt

Github:
    https://github.com/LithRom

How to sync and build it:
    Code:
    git clone https://github.com/dsixda/Android-Kitchen.git android-Kitchen
    mkdir lithrom
    repo init -u git://github.com/LithRom/aosp.git
    repo sync
    cd lithrom
    cd device/htc/supersonic
    . /extract-files.sh
    cd ../../..
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch lithrom_supersonic-userdebug
    make -j2 (or how ever many jobs you want to run)
    Now once that is done since I don't know if the otapackage is working or not (usually needs edits) I just take the system.img and boot.img from:
    Code:
    out/target/product/supersonic
    Move them into the android-kitchen and add busybox and root it for now. Everything will be fix including the otapackge eventually.

If there is anything else please let me know.
    No chance things being easy enough as pulling the gtalk.apk and pushing it to CM7? lol

I have not really messed with the Talk.apk yet. I am really trying to get calls to work right. Currently it goes through rings and FC on the phone and hotboots.
    It happens on all gingerbread builds I've tried. I saw at some point someone said there was an app in the market that is just that section of spare parts, the battery usage section. I wish i could remember what it was called....

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Battery History
    Does this require a wipe coming from the sense gingerbread leak?
    I always wipe after using someone elses bathroom, why wouldn't wipe when coming from someone elses rom?