Development [ROM][BETA] ArrowOS [Android 13][sweet]

Search This thread

BigChungus321

Is the installation process by "adb sideload method"?
If not, can someone describe in a few lines the correct method?
Is factory reset necessary?
Thanks a lot 👍
You can flash it or use adb sideload, both will work fine as long as you use the supported recovery (recommended Arrow OS recovery itself or the new unofficial Orange Fox which support A13 decryption). Also, yes, factory reset is needed to clear the encryption of your previous data, otherwise you won't be able to open the device.

Reactions: Green Dragon

BigChungus321

Thank you @BigChungus321 for your answer. I have two more -nobby's- questions.
1). Is there any link to download the correct new unofficial Orange fox which support A13 decryption?
2). I don't like and I am afraid of the sideload installation process. Can i use a sd card to paste the beta rom zip file and then flash it to my phone?
Thanks a lot👍
1. https://t.me/RedmiNote10ProChannel/1254
I'm just going to link the Telegram Post for it instead of the actual download link just to credit the authors. This is by Aryannn999 and Vantom
2. Yes, that's how I do it actually. I don't actually sideload but rather flash the ROM on my SD Card or OTG. I don't put the ROM in internal storage because I do format data before flashing. Arrow OS Recovery I think supports flashing from SD Card too.
Good luck.

Vayne66

Feb 15, 2022
The screen goes completly off and the phone gets bricked/muted (no sounds, calls, notifications, clock alarms at all), when it reaches 100% battery and the charger is still plugged.
Need to reset the phone, to retain working scrren

Any fixes?

tomikaka

Nov 27, 2019
Wi-Fi Mac address randomization is missing! Important security feature.
Contacts cannot be imported.
Black option for dark theme missing.

Last edited:

Slluxx

May 11, 2013
Hannover
Why is it not available as download on arrowos.net ?
And can i install this with TWRP 3.6.2?

Bricked the phone to EDL once, just want to be extra cautious.

Last edited:
Reactions: srslye

Slluxx

May 11, 2013
Hannover
Well, this place feels really abandoned. I would love to try this out but not if there is a lack of communication.

Slluxx

May 11, 2013
Hannover
In XDA thread yes it's kinda quiet but in the telegram group, it's actually fairly active in discussions. I agree too, if I was a new user, I'd think that this thread is lacking.
Telegram is the worst way of communicating with users about these issues. This is a dedicated forum where you can help people with long messages, with links and a good message history. With no messages in here, it doesnt just seem like its lacking, it is lacking.
And im not even a new user.

BigChungus321

Telegram is the worst way of communicating with users about these issues. This is a dedicated forum where you can help people with long messages, with links and a good message history. With no messages in here, it doesnt just seem like its lacking, it is lacking.
Yeah true. I'd actually used telegram only to join these discussions and for update purposes too. But I'm guessing it's because TG is more popular compared to XDA as a form of general discussion. I mean you'd see people there asking completely unrelated or repeated questions over and over. Also, I'm guessing what people's thought on XDA is more complex and serious that's why general discussion are less here (and probably because of users location too being majority of ROM devs and users are from India who prefer to use TG). Idk, that's what I observe, I could be wrong, I would totally wish for more activity on xda threads relating to rom development too.

Reactions: hanichl and Slluxx

sashoism

Apr 12, 2019
Best ROM I've used on this device: really smooth, no bloat, no nonsense – just awesome!

One bug I've noticed but have a hard time capturing/reproducing: sometimes the right hand side statusbar icons flicker (rapidly adding and removing) when a new icon is being shown (e.g. when an app requests notification access). I'll update with details at some point.

Reactions: [email protected]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

/*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • SELinux is enforcing
    • WiFi
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • GPS
    • Cameras
    • Flashlight
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint
    • Vibration
    • Bluetooth
    • Double tap to wake

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source- ArrowOS
    Kernel Source- GitHub
    Really Impressive! Android 13 sources came out not even a week ago and already we have some popular ROMs with A13. Installation process remains the same like Arrow OS A11 and A12 right? I kinda want to check A13 out even if it's still beta.
    Yeah, same installation process. Take in count that video recording is broken (a fix its on its way though :)).
    New build available at https://github.com/daniml3/android-building/releases
    Changelog:
    • September security patch
    • Removed "Mobile Plan" network settings entry
    • General source changes: source changelog
    In XDA thread yes it's kinda quiet but in the telegram group, it's actually fairly active in discussions. I agree too, if I was a new user, I'd think that this thread is lacking.