[ROM][BETA] CyanogenMod 12.1 | Android 5.1 Lollipop | [04/15/2015]

Search This thread

albinoman887

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
brand_reveal_1.jpg

DO NOT REPORT BUGS UNLESS YOU HAVE DONE A FULL WIPE, INSTALLED THE GAPPS PROVIDED IN THE 2ND POST, AND ARE RUNNING STOCK KERNEL WITHOUT STUPID MODS OR YOUR BUG REPORT WILL BE IGNORED PERIOD.

These are UNOFFICIAL/DEVELOPER builds based off the still very alpha CM-12.1 for Google Nexus 6 (shamu) devices and by NO means this is my ROM. I am just compiling from
CM Source and 100% credits goes to TeamDouche, and all other coders who contributed to CyanogenMod.

Code:
[B]IMPORTANT[/B]

* Do NOT expect daily builds. I'll build when I'm free.
* Do NOT ask for support for flashing in this thread.
* Do NOT use this unofficial build and ask for support at the official threads.
* Do NOT be rude.
* Respect all users
* If I see a NOOB question and I don't feel like replying, I WONT.

I personally am not fond of these kinds of threads, If it turns into my last one I WILL LEAVE and close the thread. We have started some momentum here. Let's keep it rolling :).

c4ypvbf.png

• Built from CM source
  • Service
  • Text
  • Data
  • Call
  • Audio
  • WiFi
  • Google Now
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS
  • MMS
  • Video playback
  • Audio playback
  • Internal Storage
  • Camera
  • Video recording
  • NFC

bJO9QqG.png

• VoLTE does not work so you lose data in calls if you are a CDMA user

2jpqfKR.png

• Do NOT use superwipes
  • DO NOT dirty flash over CM-12
  • Wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache
    *** ((but do not report bugs if you didn't full wipe))
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash GAPPS (in 2nd post) (No other gapps packages are officially supported!)
  • Reboot
  • ???
  • Profit
To enable Developer Options and Performance go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.
If you use ADB read this: PSA by CM
If you use reboot to recovery read this: PSA by CM
Regarding new Superuser: PSA by CM
Read the FAQ thread here before posting any questions in this thread: FAQ

w5xnyz0.png

• And any and all users in this thread who contirbuted or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
  • Esa Laukkanen aka elelinux
  • Cyanogen Inc & Team-Kang
  • Garwynn XDA
  • MrTrip
  • Thescorpion420
  • DevVorteX
  • albinoman887
  • ktoonsez

cvU6373.png

so here is a donation link if you want to buy me a coffee or pack of smokes (I go through a lot sitting on the PC messing around lol) go ahead. But not required or expected by any means :)

Note: The name on the Paypal account may say Patricia, this is because it's a family Paypal account. :)

Thanks and happy flashing!

DOWNLOAD LINK + CHANGELOG in 2nd post

Last edited:

albinoman887

Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
sB7atuO.png

April 15
** Happy Birthday to my sister Kayla :) **
* Fixed MMS sending and receiving issues
* A good amount of stability updates from upstream
* android 5.1 r5

April 8
* Any and all updates upstream at time of compile
* Mute and hold buttons now work in the InCallUI as they should
* a lot of cleanup from mismerges (upstream)
* if you still have that random problem of AOSP keyboard crashing i would do a full wipe and re-install

April 6
* Any and all updates since last build and time of compile.
* A lot of changes are "under-the-hood" changes but results in a nice solid build
* As far as i can tell VoLTE still does not work. and It might be awhile due to massive code differences between AOSP and caf

Mar 30
* Blacklisting mode is fixed
* Fixed picture messages for google messager
* Re-Enabled Selinux Enforcing
* Any upstream updates since time of compile

Mar 29
* Fixed issue of package installer FCing at the end of manually installing an app
* A decent amount of updates/cleanup/small bug fixes by all the CM devs
* Synced with source as of 5PM PDT
* Updated gapps link to point to my web server instead of dev host

Mar 28 Build2
* android 5.1_r3
* Fixed Contacts app from FCing when selecting a contact (credits: DevorteX)
* Fixed Google Messanger from not working due to missing sql entry (credits: ktoonsez)

Mar 28
* initial build of cm-12.1/Android 5.1. THERE WILL BE BUGS so think before you post dumb stuff
* Most features work, SMS will FC unless you go to settings>privacy>blacklist and turn the blacklisting feature completely off. This will be fixed once the source is merged for it.

lSuV72q.png

Team Hydra Github (main): https://github.com/Team-Hydra
CyanogenMod Github: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

l5SakBJ.png

Latest Release: cm-12.1-20150415

ROM : cm-12.1-20150415-UNOFFICIAL-shamu..zip | Browse shamu Build Archive
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GAPPS: : gapps-lpmr1-20150324-signed.zip
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUILD SERVER MIRROR : DOWNLOAD MIRROR

Last edited:

schoolsux

May 7, 2010
Gotham City
lunsarn.se
Hmm, does not seem to boot for me. Full wipe and then flash cm12.1 zip using latest TWRP 2.8.6.0. Tried wipe again and reflash too, with and without linked gapps. I have the 64gb model. Maybie it has somthing to do with previous software NOT beeing encrypted? :)

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Hmm, does not seem to boot for me. Full wipe and then flash cm12.1 zip using latest TWRP 2.8.6.0. Tried wipe again and reflash too, with and without linked gapps. I have the 64gb model. Maybie it has somthing to do with previous software NOT beeing encrypted? :)
Try downgrading TWRP to 2.8.5.0

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Can't download gapps file for the life of me
DevHost to me is just a hot mess of viruses and overall insanity...it's gotten to the point where I am reticent to click on anything hosted there. They've actually adapted their redirects to play store apps for coupon deals and the like. I won't go near it if on my computer.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

albinoman887

Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
I'm assuming that since it's CM12 that it's encrypted by default? Don't want to flash it if it's going to encrypt me again. Thanks.

no i modified the fstab... its not forceencrypt

just give it time. it took like a good 7 mins to boot for me. Also are you on the 5.1 modem and bootloader?

Why is this permissive SELinux?

it was for during bringup. I forgot to turn it back to enforcing i'll do that on the next build

Tested that too, didn't work :) Shouldent matter I guess, other roms are fine with 2.8.6.0.

All I get is the CM12 bootlogo and a hot phone ;)

read above., and I'm on 2.8.5.0

schoolsux

May 7, 2010
Gotham City
lunsarn.se
just give it time. it took like a good 7 mins to boot for me. Also are you on the 5.1 modem and bootloader?
read above., and I'm on 2.8.5.0

Hmm flashed the official factory image that was out just recently, which is 5.1 so I should have the latest modem and bootloader.

I let the phone be around 30+ min waiting... something clearily wrong for me :) I'll try to reflash the bootloader and modem.

Andromjb

Jul 5, 2014
That gapps host is craptastical. I would rethink your gapps hosting options...

I grabbed from a better source.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    brand_reveal_1.jpg

DO NOT REPORT BUGS UNLESS YOU HAVE DONE A FULL WIPE, INSTALLED THE GAPPS PROVIDED IN THE 2ND POST, AND ARE RUNNING STOCK KERNEL WITHOUT STUPID MODS OR YOUR BUG REPORT WILL BE IGNORED PERIOD.

These are UNOFFICIAL/DEVELOPER builds based off the still very alpha CM-12.1 for Google Nexus 6 (shamu) devices and by NO means this is my ROM. I am just compiling from
    CM Source and 100% credits goes to TeamDouche, and all other coders who contributed to CyanogenMod.

Code:
    [B]IMPORTANT[/B]

* Do NOT expect daily builds. I'll build when I'm free.
    * Do NOT ask for support for flashing in this thread.
    * Do NOT use this unofficial build and ask for support at the official threads.
    * Do NOT be rude.
    * Respect all users
    * If I see a NOOB question and I don't feel like replying, I WONT.

I personally am not fond of these kinds of threads, If it turns into my last one I WILL LEAVE and close the thread. We have started some momentum here. Let's keep it rolling :).

c4ypvbf.png

• Built from CM source
    • Service
    • Text
    • Data
    • Call
    • Audio
    • WiFi
    • Google Now
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • MMS
    • Video playback
    • Audio playback
    • Internal Storage
    • Camera
    • Video recording
    • NFC

bJO9QqG.png

• VoLTE does not work so you lose data in calls if you are a CDMA user

2jpqfKR.png

• Do NOT use superwipes
    • DO NOT dirty flash over CM-12
    • Wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache
      *** ((but do not report bugs if you didn't full wipe))
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GAPPS (in 2nd post) (No other gapps packages are officially supported!)
    • Reboot
    • ???
    • Profit
    To enable Developer Options and Performance go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.
    If you use ADB read this: PSA by CM
    If you use reboot to recovery read this: PSA by CM
    Regarding new Superuser: PSA by CM
    Read the FAQ thread here before posting any questions in this thread: FAQ

w5xnyz0.png

• And any and all users in this thread who contirbuted or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
    • Esa Laukkanen aka elelinux
    • Cyanogen Inc & Team-Kang
    • Garwynn XDA
    • MrTrip
    • Thescorpion420
    • DevVorteX
    • albinoman887
    • ktoonsez

cvU6373.png

so here is a donation link if you want to buy me a coffee or pack of smokes (I go through a lot sitting on the PC messing around lol) go ahead. But not required or expected by any means :)

Note: The name on the Paypal account may say Patricia, this is because it's a family Paypal account. :)

Thanks and happy flashing!

DOWNLOAD LINK + CHANGELOG in 2nd post
    sB7atuO.png

April 15
    ** Happy Birthday to my sister Kayla :) **
    * Fixed MMS sending and receiving issues
    * A good amount of stability updates from upstream
    * android 5.1 r5

April 8
    * Any and all updates upstream at time of compile
    * Mute and hold buttons now work in the InCallUI as they should
    * a lot of cleanup from mismerges (upstream)
    * if you still have that random problem of AOSP keyboard crashing i would do a full wipe and re-install

April 6
    * Any and all updates since last build and time of compile.
    * A lot of changes are "under-the-hood" changes but results in a nice solid build
    * As far as i can tell VoLTE still does not work. and It might be awhile due to massive code differences between AOSP and caf

Mar 30
    * Blacklisting mode is fixed
    * Fixed picture messages for google messager
    * Re-Enabled Selinux Enforcing
    * Any upstream updates since time of compile

Mar 29
    * Fixed issue of package installer FCing at the end of manually installing an app
    * A decent amount of updates/cleanup/small bug fixes by all the CM devs
    * Synced with source as of 5PM PDT
    * Updated gapps link to point to my web server instead of dev host

Mar 28 Build2
    * android 5.1_r3
    * Fixed Contacts app from FCing when selecting a contact (credits: DevorteX)
    * Fixed Google Messanger from not working due to missing sql entry (credits: ktoonsez)

Mar 28
    * initial build of cm-12.1/Android 5.1. THERE WILL BE BUGS so think before you post dumb stuff
    * Most features work, SMS will FC unless you go to settings>privacy>blacklist and turn the blacklisting feature completely off. This will be fixed once the source is merged for it.

lSuV72q.png

Team Hydra Github (main): https://github.com/Team-Hydra
    CyanogenMod Github: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

l5SakBJ.png

Latest Release: cm-12.1-20150415

ROM : cm-12.1-20150415-UNOFFICIAL-shamu..zip | Browse shamu Build Archive
    GAPPS: : gapps-lpmr1-20150324-signed.zip
    BUILD SERVER MIRROR : DOWNLOAD MIRROR
    new build posted... OP updated...
    Remember to read the "Issues" section in the 1st post... but you already read it if your reading this...right? :p