[ROM[BETA][GT-I9000][6.0.1][14/06/16][UNOFFICIAL]CyanogenMod 13.0

Search This thread

Rhods23

Apr 30, 2017
Hi, I have a gt-I9000b (brazilian model with digital TV) and when I try to install this ROM via CWM, a message shows that this model is not supported. What file I need to change to make works?
Thanks.

Coldwindofnowhere

Jun 29, 2015
Hi, I have a gt-I9000b (brazilian model with digital TV) and when I try to install this ROM via CWM, a message shows that this model is not supported. What file I need to change to make works?
Thanks.

In /META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script you'll have somehting like that :

Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxysmtd"||
abort("This package is for device:galaxysmtd; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););

Remove those lines and error 7 will be gone. Not sure if the rom will work fine with your variant but this will surely solve your issue.

Reactions: nchc

laharl_22

Jan 23, 2011
Hello i have a big problem when i flash this rom over omni 5.1.1 it boot to new twrp and i have unable to mount data and storage on flash or full wipe .how fix that please?

k2-18b

Nov 19, 2020
Camera App - open-camera-1-31

With Open-Camera (1-31) the picture does not get stuck.

Last edited:

k2-18b

Nov 19, 2020
Switch between Network Types isn´t possible ???

So am I. Settings > Cellular > Preferred network type > it´s fixed 3G.

I've got to install this ROM is fairly fluent Ram.
in the preferred network type I can not choose 2g
select of developer option get force close for me
sorry my bad English

Last edited:

k2-18b

Nov 19, 2020
How to install coming from rooted Gingerbread 2.3.6

Coming from rooted Gingerbread 2.3.6 (GT-I9000_XWJW9_JW3_DBTJW2; CF-Root-XX_OXA_JW4-v4.4-CWM3RFS).

Pre-Caution
cm-13.zip on internal sdcard, USB-Debugging is activate, Accu is about 80%

ClockworkMod Recovery (v.3.0.0.5)
wipe cache partition
advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache
install CM-13.zip from sdcard
=> This VERSION uses an incompatible partition layout. Your /data will be wiped completely. .So, make your backups then just run this update.zip again to confirm install. ATTENTION ==== assert failed: run_program("/tmp/updater.sh") == 0 E:Error in sdcard/FIRMWARE 2020.11/cm-13.0-20160614-UNOFFICIAL-galaxysmtd.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted.
don´t reboot
=> Galaxy Logo appears….. TWRP 3.0.2-0: Running OpenRecoveryScript, Unmodified System Partition
TWRP Recovery 3.0.2-0
Swipe to Allow Modifcations
=> TWRP Menue Status quo: Mount: Cache yes , System and Data can´t, SDCard could. File-Format: Cache yaffs2, System ext4, Data = auto, SDCard = vfat, Android Secure X, MicroSDCard vfat
Wipe > Swipe to Factory Reset
Status quo: Mount: Cache and SDCard yes, System and Data
=> Formattig /system Extracting /system …… Error…..Failed to mount data Status quo: Mount: Cache and SDCard yes, System could, Data can´t
Reboot > Recovery
=> Galaxy Logo, galaxy logo, TWRP Status quo: Mount: Cache and SDCard yes, System could, Data can´t
Mount > System
Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Data > Repair or Change File System > Change File System > f2fs
Status quo: Mount: Cache, System, data, System, SDCard yes
install CM-13.zip from sdcard, and wait about 2 minutes
=> Formattig /system Extracting /system …… Symlinking Flashing boot.img CM-13 flashig complete! Script succeeded: result was [/system) Updating partition details… ...done
Wipe cache/dalvik
Reboot System
CM-13 Boot animation appears

I have hardly any knowledge in Android and have tried and reproduced this way. The system starts and works fine. If anyone knows better, please correct me! :highfive:

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

k2-18b

Nov 19, 2020
For everyday use without internet

Since I have no Android knowledge I had to try it out. My starting point was a device with Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread (GT-I9000_XWJW9_JW3_DBTJW2) that was already rooted (CF-Root-XX_OXA_JW4-v4.4-CWM3RFS).
If I have correctly understood the few posts here in the forum, the S1's bootloader and the newer TWRP installation or flash routine do not speak the same language. This incompatibility can be bridged "somehow" via the detour of a double installation - somehow, because I unfortunately don't have the necessary know-how to describe the matter aptly - and Cyanogenmod 13 can be installed on the i9000.
A test with Antutu v5.7.1 with the newly installed CM-13 resulted in 8,500 points, an internal SD card formatted according to f2fs brought another gain in CM-13 from 1,000 to 9,500 points. I do not yet know how the internal SDCard format changed after f2fs will work. LineageOS 14 scored 7,100 points and Cyanogenmod 11 reached 6,500.

Last edited:

k2-18b

Nov 19, 2020
Installation from rooted Gingerbread 2.3.6

Gingerbread 2.3.6 (GT-I9000_XWJW9_JW3_DBTJW2) with CF-Root (CF-Root-XX_OXA_JW4-v4.4-CWM3RFS).

Precaution
cm-13.zip on internal sdcard, USB-Debugging is activate, Accu is about 80%

in ClockworkMod Recovery (v.3.0.0.5)
wipe cache partition
advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache
This VERSION uses an incompatible partition layout. Your /data will be wiped completely. .So, make your backups then just run this update.zip again to confirm install. ATTENTION ==== assert failed: run_program("/tmp/updater.sh") == 0 E:Error in sdcard/FIRMWARE 2020.11/cm-13.0-20160614-UNOFFICIAL-galaxysmtd.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted.
don´t reboot
Galaxy Logo appears….. TWRP 3.0.2-0: Running OpenRecoveryScript, Unmodified System Partition
now in TWRP Recovery 3.0.2-0
Swipe to Allow Modifcations
TWRP Menue Status quo: Mount: Cache yes , System and Data can´t, SDCard could. File-Format: Cache yaffs2, System ext4, Data = auto, SDCard = vfat, Android Secure X, MicroSDCard vfat
Wipe > Swipe to Factory Reset
Status quo: Mount: Cache and SDCard yes, System and Data can´t
wait about 30 seconds
Formattig /system Extracting /system …… Error…..Failed to mount data Status quo: Mount: Cache and SDCard yes, System could, Data can´t
Reboot > Recovery
Galaxy Logo, galaxy logo, TWRP Menue Status quo: Mount: Cache and SDCard yes, System could, Data can´t
Mount > System
Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Data > Repair or Change File System > Change File System > f2fs
Status quo: Mount: Cache, System, SDCard yes, data can.
Mount > data
install CM-13.zip from sdcard, and wait about 2 minutes
Formattig /system Extracting /system …… Symlinking Flashing boot.img CM-13 flashig complete! Script succeeded: result was [/system) Updating partition details… ...done
Wipe cache/dalvik
Reboot System
CM-13 Boot animation appears.

Last edited:

Myjosito

Dec 12, 2010
Hi all

Thanks for this wonderful Rom.
I know the thread is quite old now, but let's hope someone can give me a hand :)

I'm installing it through TWRP, no big issue during installation, can manage to Wipe/mount/install things.
Installing beta 4 from sooti (thanks man !) + A-GAPPS_601_01092016_v6.0 from dracov76 (thanks also ;)).
then wipe cache+Dalvik and boot logo's there.

Need some time to setup things (crash sometime), but I can finalize anyway...but my biggest problem is probably the remaining 16M Memory I have to deal with at the end. I could activate Bigmem, but no big change at the end, things are quite slow, and I can't install anything from the market. I suppose everything is linked of course, the rom itself seems perfect to me, if only I could increase memory and if the market could let me install programs...
I could setup a 8Gb sd card as internal, but I couldn't see any improvement at all. which I guess is strange...

One thing: I can't activate the Developer mode when I do the 7x click on "Build" stuff. Tried many times, it doesn't work with this rom for me (though it works with "reductionEdition" rom, but I have the Wifi loop issue with this one...). Did I miss sometihing ? (Of course I did ! ;) )

I suppose I should setup partitions size in TWRP... any suggestion please ?

Thanks in advance :)

and happy new year for all of you !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Please read: don't expect nightlies, I will only upload roms when there are major fixes or major kernel/device updates, please don't message me asking when the next build is...

Steps to install:
    1. Best to do a full wipe of data, cache and system if you want to guarantee no weird issues
    2. Install ROM zip, you will get a warning about partition size change of system if its the first time you flash, just flash it a second time to confirm the change, this will erase your data partition!
    3. Install gapps from link
    4. Reboot
    For youtube, I recommand using this apk: link
    Its a bit old but works very well on our device and plays 720p videos with no issues. the new player from the app store is very slow and playback is very choppy, also no 720p playback.

Working:
    • RIL (see small bug bellow)
    • Wifi
    • BT
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Camera (use third party such as open camera
    • Internal SD
    • Audio + vibrate
    • buttons
    • USB storage (Make sure you disable debug mode when you use it since it causes issues mounting it sometimes)
    • External Storage
    • SELINUX (permissive for now until I add permissions but its low on my priority right now)

Known Bugs:
    • Data doesn't connect every few boots for some reason, I fixed some code but it still seems to happen, although less frequently then before. if it happens, simply turn on airplane mode and then disable it again, data will work

Not Working:
    • selinux is permissive, not sure if its worth investing time in getting it to enforced

Kernel:
    Commited all the required commits for 6.0 + Coldwindofnowhere's overclocking commits since the device would run very slow with out them (thanks Coldwindofnowhere)

Credits: Coldwindofnowhere, Lysergic Acid, jeffervh, BetaTeam, OmniROM, CyanogenMod

Downloads:
    Beta 4:
    ROM: Download.
    Gapps: A-Gapps 6.0.1
    Beta3:
    ROM: Download
    Gapps: A-Gapps 6.0.1
    Beta2:
    Beta 1:
    Gapps: Download
    New Gapps text file: Download
    Root: enable it in developer options, no need to flash supersu

Screenshot:
    EWzX6fq.png

Device tree source: https://github.com/lollipopi9000

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Contributors
    sooti, Coldwindofnowhere, Lysergic Acid
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2016-04-14

Created 2016-03-23
    Last Updated 2016-06-14
    Change log
    14/6/16
    * Latest CM Commits
    * Latest commits from @Coldwindofnowhere, including device and kernel (see his change log to get an idea)
    * Added support for more network types in RIL
    14/4/16
    * Added device settings such as Bigmem thanks to @Coldwindofnowhere
    * Latest CM commits

07/04/16
    * Latest CM source (no more stable version for now since we need some of the fixes for our devices from nightly)
    * fixed BT
    * Switched to CM's 'snap' camera, its much lighter and has a ton of features compared to the outdated camera2
    * Increased system partition to 900MB for now, since 600 is just too damn small for 2016, if you need more storage, pop in any sd card and adapt it as internal storage, I might look into switching to sd card for both data and internal sd
    * Changed to A-gapps, its smaller and lighter then open gapps
    * more I probably can't remember.

23/03/16
    * First release, see working not working status, based on cm-13.0-ZNH0E (stable cm-13.0)
    So just an update on the latest fixes (coming in the next few days I hope)

* We need to increase system partition size, there's no way around it, especialy if we want roms like temasek or beanstalk (both work by the way and will come in the next few weeks ), I will increase it to 900 MB for now, if you need a bigger data partition then 1GB, use any micro sd card and select 'adopt as internal storage to increase data size)
    * fixed bt issues, turns out it was cm related
    * root should work fine, still looking into the claims of problems with system changes
    * RIL data is having some issues now, I am trying to fix it as we speak, once that's fixed we should be good to go
    * No more deleting built in apps, I will upload the untouched CM system (only changing the flash script since we still have some issues with that)
    * Changed to CM's 'snap' camera, its fast, feature loaded and has great photo qualities, there is a small bug where after taking a photo the viewfinder doesn't come back and the image we just took is stuck on the screen but that may be a CM issue, still looking into it

Please don't message me asking for ETA's, it won't speed it up, roms and updates will come when they come
    Guys please stop asking for mods, its not gonna happen, this is pure cm from their stable branch, I'm only gonna fix device related issues, the storage will stay the same, only possible change I might do is f2fs if someone finds a real way to fix it, other then that only fixes such as data, BT and so on. I'm looking into other cm based ROMs that are still lite but offer performance tabs and so on built in, but so far nothing stable.
    OK guys, new build is up.

Please read the instructions as they have changed! also the new rom will change your system partition size which means a wipe of data partition, backup anything you need before you flash, don't blame me if you lost everything because you didn't read the updated instructions