• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][BETA]LineageOS 16.0 for Redmi 3S/3X/Prime[land]

Search This thread

pearlblack15

Mar 7, 2016
Just a few days ago TeamViewer rolled out an update whereby many more devices were whitelisted for remote control functionality. Its sort of universal now. I haven't checked in LOS yet but in another device running crDroid(based on LOS itself) it's working now whereas previously it wasn't.
This will have to do as it doesn't seem to be worth investing in repairs considering expensive official ones and third-party ones of questionable quality.
Your seems to be the software issue. Mine had the hardware issue I guess otherwise it would have worked in the recovery screen because recovery is independent of the ROM. I once thought of trying out official rom but I was pretty confident that it was hardware issue so I had it changed. Also, I used srcpy and controlled via pc and every portion of the touch was working so no software problem.

amn1987

Your seems to be the software issue. Mine had the hardware issue I guess otherwise it would have worked in the recovery screen because recovery is independent of the ROM. I once thought of trying out official rom but I was pretty confident that it was hardware issue so I had it changed. Also, I used srcpy and controlled via pc and every portion of the touch was working so no software problem.

Mine's a hardware issue as well. Tested in different ROMs including official MIUI, recoveries etc. With an OTG mouse it works well. TeamViewer Host app is only for the occasion use outdoors wherein I can remotely control it from another device. This doesn't seem to be an isolated issue as in Telegram groups quite a few have reported the same. Also the hardware buttons not working.

pearlblack15

Mar 7, 2016
Mine's a hardware issue as well. Tested in different ROMs including official MIUI, recoveries etc. With an OTG mouse it works well. TeamViewer Host app is only for the occasion use outdoors wherein I can remotely control it from another device. This doesn't seem to be an isolated issue as in Telegram groups quite a few have reported the same. Also the hardware buttons not working.

so, did i made the right choice by changing and that my touch was actually bad?

pearlblack15

Mar 7, 2016
For some reason I am unable to enable camera2api on my phone using latest lineage 16 build 12-8-20. The zip I used worked earlier but not anymore. Did anything change? can anyone help? the zip is attached herewith with.

Anyone? My build.prop looks fine or I don't know. I copied this from/system using twrp file manager.
Note: I changed it to .txt so I can upload here.

Attachments

• build.prop.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 8

Richter1k

Aug 25, 2016
hi, using the redmi3s for quite a while now, i did realize there is lte support in it.
beeing in germany with umts been discontinued mid 2021 i was quite reliefed that the redmi does come with lte, however, the lte support is ... instable i would say.
activating it will work for some hours but after a while any mobile data is cut off, while the indicator still says its lte, i cant connect to any internet service.
i have to switch services manually back to wcdma in the carrier services in the, any ideas why this is? im on the latest patch for 16.0

arteks

Mar 6, 2018
activating it will work for some hours but after a while any mobile data is cut off, while the indicator still says its lte, i cant connect to any internet service.
i have to switch services manually back to wcdma in the carrier services in the, any ideas why this is? im on the latest patch for 16.0
Maybe you're fixed to lte while lte is unavailable when moving to another place? I always set preffered cellular network type to "gsm/wcdma/lte" and not such problem here.

Richter1k

Aug 25, 2016
okay, but shouldnt the phone then switch by itself to UMTS Mode if there is no LTE support in a certian area?

Richter1k

Aug 25, 2016
well good to know ... i guess?
problem remains, MY Redmi 3s either does not switch back IF there is no LTE receiption or does have other Issues with the LTE receiption.
Does anyone has any ideas on how to check what is going on?

arteks

Mar 6, 2018
well good to know ... i guess?
problem remains, MY Redmi 3s either does not switch back IF there is no LTE receiption or does have other Issues with the LTE receiption.
Does anyone has any ideas on how to check what is going on?
Just few points to be sure: preferences - network&internet - mobile network - advanced - preferred network type set to "gsm/wcdma/lte"? Firmware fresh? ROM clean flash? SIM 1/SIM 2 socket checked/card exchanged? Another sim card checked in this phone or this card moved to another phone works properly?

Richter1k

Aug 25, 2016

Just few points to be sure: preferences - network&internet - mobile network - advanced - preferred network type set to "gsm/wcdma/lte"? Firmware fresh? ROM clean flash? SIM 1/SIM 2 socket checked/card exchanged? Another sim card checked in this phone or this card moved to another phone works properly?

its set to gsm/wcdma/lte, ive reinstalled the system completely via twrp. i checked this sim in another phone and there everythings fine. the behave is the same in sim1/2 tray.

Richter1k

Aug 25, 2016
its set to gsm/wcdma/lte, ive reinstalled the system completely via twrp. i checked this sim in another phone and there everythings fine. the behave is the same in sim1/2 tray.

update, i have not found any option to get it working reliably.
complete wipe, format, reflash nothing....
anyways, i changed the rom to this one:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xi...ment/rom-lineageos-17-1-redmi-3s-p-x-t4030573

and now lte is working fine, so im fine now, thanks for the help :)

aospray

Feb 7, 2017
If you don't mind microG, microG has an unofficial version of LineageOS 16 dated from 2021-04-06 - https://download.lineage.microg.org/land/

It appears that OTA is available probably on a monthy basis.

Update - Latest LOS 16 build from microG is from 2021-07-08, so there are still builds being made.

Last edited:
Reactions: amn1987

IIIIIIIII

Dec 23, 2017

aospray

Feb 7, 2017
That's really interesting, but I can't find a change log for the builds being made
You can find a changelog for Lineage OS 16.0 here: https://www.lineageoslog.com/16.0. It's basically security updates. There won't be any new features.

One problem I'm running into is losing Magisk root whenever there's a new OTA update. If anyone knows how to keep Magisk after an OTA update, let me know.

Last edited:

amn1987

If you don't mind microG, microG has an unofficial version of LineageOS 16 dated from 2021-04-06 - https://download.lineage.microg.org/land/

It appears that OTA is available probably on a monthy basis.

Update - Latest LOS 16 build from microG is from 2021-07-08, so there are still builds being made.
There's also official e/OS based on Pie. Last build was from 15th August it seems. ROMs based on 4.9 kernel are superior to the old ones based on the stock 3.18 kernel. Already a couple of A12 ROMs available. But for the 2GB variants Pie ROMs are better from a multitasking POV esp. alongwith the low RAM mod.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • EGL
    • Encryption
    • Camera
    • RIL (IMS, Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • LED
    • GPS

Known issues:
    Selinux Permissive

Report bugs:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

DO NO POST BUGS WITHOUT LOGS AND PROPER STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE

DO NO POST BUGS IF YOU ARE USING CUSTOM KERNEL or ANY MODULE

Follow Instructions Carefully otherwise you will get error :
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe cache, dalvik cache, system, data
    • Flash ROM & Gapps arm64 together
    • Done-Reboot Now
    • Enjoy the clean rom

Downloads :
    ROM:
    ROM
    RECOVERY:
    TWRP

Don't forget to press thanks

DONATIONS:
    Please Consider to donate if you enjoy my work. It will be used for server expenses, Ty
    Paypal donation link: https://paypal.me/darshan1205 (do mention device name while donating) PM for any other mode of transaction

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][BETA]LineageOS 16.0 for Redmi 3S/3X/Prime[land], ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 3S

Contributors
    darshan1205
    Source Code: https://github.com/darshan1205/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8937

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI Global Stable

Version Information

Created 2018-10-02
    Last Updated 2019-07-25
    Changelogs

20181002: Initial Build.
    20181018: Enable ANT+, Doze, FMRadio.
    20181106: Fix Goodix Fingerprint, Update Blobs.
    20181213: Update Blobs, Security Patch.
    20190303: Update blobs, kernel & LineageOS upstream.
    20190305: Update to March security patch, Fix Wifi Display & LineageOS upstream.
    20190310: LineageOS upstream.
    20190319: Fix wfd & volte, LineageOS upstream.
    20190405: Android Security Patch & LineageOS upstream.
    20190517: Android Security Patch & LineageOS upstream.
    20190526: Android Security Patch & LineageOS upstream.
    20190709: Android Security Patch & LineageOS upstream.
    20190724: LineageOS upstream.
    Update !

Changelog:
    - Lineage Upstream.
    - Merge latest CAF Tag in kernel.
    - Merge latest CAF Tag in prima.
    - Merge latest AOSP's android-3.18 kernel changes.

Experimental changes:
    * master-fixes

Note: Device specific changes can be seen on LineageOS Gerrit.

Link: lineage-16.0-20190724-UNOFFICIAL-land.zip
    Update !

Changelog:
    - May 2019 Android Security.
    - Lineage Upstream.
    - Fix & Re-add WiFi Display Options.
    - Fix Screen Wake Delay.
    - Merge LA.UM.7.6.r1-04800-89xx.0 in kernel.
    - Merge LA.UM.7.6.r1-04800-89xx.0 in prima.
    - Merge AOSP's android-3.18 kernel changes.

Note: Post#209

Link: lineage-16.0-20190517-UNOFFICIAL-land.zip
    Update !

Changelog:
    - July 2019 Android Security.
    - Lineage Upstream.

Experimental changes:
    * swipe_screenshot
    * screenshot-sound

Note: Device specific changes can be seen on LineageOS Gerrit.

Link: lineage-16.0-20190709-UNOFFICIAL-land.zip