[ROM][BETA]LineageOS 16.0 for Redmi 3S/3X/Prime[land]

Search This thread

bieniu79

Feb 25, 2014
No. Percents reported by controller, it calculates value, not Android.
Phone released in June 2016, so battery ~3 years old, such "peaks" understandable.
Ok, thanks. It is a little bit strange that I started noticing it just after upgrading the system to LOS Pie, but this can be just a coincidence. So thanks again for the answer.

Reactions: Bonoboo

pearlblack15

Mar 7, 2016
Thanks for info. Maybe it is something with battery indicator calibration (or whatever it should be called). After few more days I think that the overall battery performance is fine, but the reported percentage does not decrease linearly. For example it gets quickly from 100% to about 80%, then gets slower and today it took more than 3 hours when it was continuously reported as 63%... Then after just 5 minutes of charging in the car, it is back at 80%. It is possible that I didn't do some part of the upgrade process correctly and it resulted in such a behavior?

I think you are doing fine. I experience such erratic battery behaviour sometimes but I think its fine.

Lokofan79

Mar 4, 2019
Hello. Please fix problems with auto brightness. It has a minimum of 24 percent in the dark. If you set your value to 40 percent in the dark, then after the screen is locked, it will reset again by 24 percent! This is the only drawback of the firmware that interferes with everyday use of the phone...

vikram01

Apr 4, 2016
download rom from this op .. it shows los 17.1 rmx
i checked script it shows realme. is it not to for land?

pearlblack15

Mar 7, 2016
doesn't android 9 support system wide dark theme or is it android 10 only feature? e.g message, dialer, notification etc

pearlblack15

Mar 7, 2016
I am getting random reboot. Sometimes the screen just goes black and restarts while using browser specially. I am using kiwi browser btw.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

what could be the issue? I guess the CPU can't handle the 'load' or graphics processor hangs or whatever I don't know. Just today while watching YouTube I was commenting and then the video portion went deep green and rest of the section black. stayed like that for few seconds and restarted automatically. weird.

amn1987

My Redmi 3s touchscreen is not responding in some areas so I am using TeamViewer Host to control it from another device. It worked well when running AEX 6.7 but here while the display is indeed mirrored onto the controlling device the touchscreen just doesn't respond. Can anyone please confirm if its not limited to my case? I am quite happy with this ROM due to really good battery backup but TV Host is indispensable. Thanks.
Edit: I tried a similar app, Inkwire but it didn't work as well. Now I have to look for another ROM.

Last edited:

pearlblack15

Mar 7, 2016
My Redmi 3s touchscreen is not responding in some areas so I am using TeamViewer Host to control it from another device. It worked well when running AEX 6.7 but here while the display is indeed mirrored onto the controlling device the touchscreen just doesn't respond. Can anyone please confirm if its not limited to my case? I am quite happy with this ROM due to really good battery backup but TV Host is indispensable. Thanks.
Edit: I tried a similar app, Inkwire but it didn't work as well. Now I have to look for another ROM.
my touchscreen didn't work at the bottom portion and would usually hang more often. i went to recovery to confirm whether its software or hardware issue. it didn't work there either. so i had it changed. i was tired to test out more. i am using duplicate touch and the experience isn't good.

pearlblack15

Mar 7, 2016
For some reason I am unable to enable camera2api on my phone using latest lineage 16 build 12-8-20. The zip I used worked earlier but not anymore. Did anything change? can anyone help? the zip is attached herewith with.

Attachments

• enable_cam2api.zip
    178.1 KB · Views: 10

amn1987

my touchscreen didn't work at the bottom portion and would usually hang more often. i went to recovery to confirm whether its software or hardware issue. it didn't work there either. so i had it changed. i was tired to test out more. i am using duplicate touch and the experience isn't good.

Just a few days ago TeamViewer rolled out an update whereby many more devices were whitelisted for remote control functionality. Its sort of universal now. I haven't checked in LOS yet but in another device running crDroid(based on LOS itself) it's working now whereas previously it wasn't.
This will have to do as it doesn't seem to be worth investing in repairs considering expensive official ones and third-party ones of questionable quality.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • EGL
    • Encryption
    • Camera
    • RIL (IMS, Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • LED
    • GPS

Known issues:
    Selinux Permissive

Report bugs:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

DO NO POST BUGS WITHOUT LOGS AND PROPER STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE

DO NO POST BUGS IF YOU ARE USING CUSTOM KERNEL or ANY MODULE

Follow Instructions Carefully otherwise you will get error :
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe cache, dalvik cache, system, data
    • Flash ROM & Gapps arm64 together
    • Done-Reboot Now
    • Enjoy the clean rom

Downloads :
    ROM:
    ROM
    RECOVERY:
    TWRP

Don't forget to press thanks

DONATIONS:
    Please Consider to donate if you enjoy my work. It will be used for server expenses, Ty
    Paypal donation link: https://paypal.me/darshan1205 (do mention device name while donating) PM for any other mode of transaction

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][BETA]LineageOS 16.0 for Redmi 3S/3X/Prime[land], ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 3S

Contributors
    darshan1205
    Source Code: https://github.com/darshan1205/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8937

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI Global Stable

Version Information

Created 2018-10-02
    Last Updated 2019-07-25
    Changelogs

20181002: Initial Build.
    20181018: Enable ANT+, Doze, FMRadio.
    20181106: Fix Goodix Fingerprint, Update Blobs.
    20181213: Update Blobs, Security Patch.
    20190303: Update blobs, kernel & LineageOS upstream.
    20190305: Update to March security patch, Fix Wifi Display & LineageOS upstream.
    20190310: LineageOS upstream.
    20190319: Fix wfd & volte, LineageOS upstream.
    20190405: Android Security Patch & LineageOS upstream.
    20190517: Android Security Patch & LineageOS upstream.
    20190526: Android Security Patch & LineageOS upstream.
    20190709: Android Security Patch & LineageOS upstream.
    20190724: LineageOS upstream.
    Update !

Changelog:
    - Lineage Upstream.
    - Merge latest CAF Tag in kernel.
    - Merge latest CAF Tag in prima.
    - Merge latest AOSP's android-3.18 kernel changes.

Experimental changes:
    * master-fixes

Note: Device specific changes can be seen on LineageOS Gerrit.

Link: lineage-16.0-20190724-UNOFFICIAL-land.zip
    Update !

Changelog:
    - May 2019 Android Security.
    - Lineage Upstream.
    - Fix & Re-add WiFi Display Options.
    - Fix Screen Wake Delay.
    - Merge LA.UM.7.6.r1-04800-89xx.0 in kernel.
    - Merge LA.UM.7.6.r1-04800-89xx.0 in prima.
    - Merge AOSP's android-3.18 kernel changes.

Note: Post#209

Link: lineage-16.0-20190517-UNOFFICIAL-land.zip
    Update !

Changelog:
    - July 2019 Android Security.
    - Lineage Upstream.

Experimental changes:
    * swipe_screenshot
    * screenshot-sound

Note: Device specific changes can be seen on LineageOS Gerrit.

Link: lineage-16.0-20190709-UNOFFICIAL-land.zip