Search This thread

kennethlam

Mar 14, 2006
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
New Release 20220120

Change-log:

- Upstream lineage 18.1 sources.
- December security patches.
- New camera wrapper ported from chippa's loire device tree. (Camera issues still exist however unfortunately)

Download | 79d9c9ef9ac3a30d92b4fcea3dd7bd17

(PS for those waiting on 19.X until things stabilize some more, there won't be any builds).
appreciate for the update :)
any tip for updating from previous 18.1 release?
i had left xda for quite some time.. not 100% sure how to flash new fw
go to TWRP and flash? do i have to wipe afterwards?

supercimar

Sep 10, 2015
I do not know if it happens to you, but I present problems with WhatsApp in sending audio and videos.

It happens to me with versions 17.1 and 18.1..

Last edited:

Unkyy

Dec 6, 2014
Carlsbad
Is there any chance to fix laggy camera? I found another bug when you zoom in on the camera (original camera / snapchat / instagram) it starts terribly laggy even if I set the camera to a lower resolution (lags on the front and rear cameras), otherwise everything works perfectly except for the camera, good job bro!

+ is it possible to install a genuine Sony camera on Lineage OS which will work?

Meitei

Sep 18, 2021
Is there any way to simple update to the newest version? I tried adb sideload but the device was listed as offline. Am I missing something? I would like to avoid starting from scratch after every update.

zupervisor

Nov 24, 2011
hi, thanks to joel. i was using my phone with joels 17.1 about one and a half year. i flashed 18.1 and hope to go with 18.1 till now. later i'll share my daily usage experiences.

Last edited:

Unkyy

Dec 6, 2014
Carlsbad
I found a new bug when downloading a larger file from Google Play, it is canceled during installation and does not install, I also tried to reinstall Lineage OS 18.1 and the problem still persists

haktug

Mar 29, 2020
I found a new bug when downloading a larger file from Google Play, it is canceled during installation and does not install, I also tried to reinstall Lineage OS 18.1 and the problem still persists
When I turn off the screen the wifi does not work. Its camera is bad compared to android 9. There are slight contractions. Don't you also experience these situations?

zupervisor

Nov 24, 2011
first of all i thank to joel16 for effort in this ROM. i flashed joel's LineageOS 18.1 ROM a month ago. i faced with response time issue. when i click an app firstly it responses and runs so slowly, after 10-15 second it's getting cool and fast. i think ROM runs cpu frekans underclocked due to heating issue. i install third party kernel manager nowadays and see if it helps...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for various devices, based on the Android mobile platform.

Disclaimer:
    It is your decision to install this software on your device. Neither LineageOS developers nor I take any responsibility for any damage that may occur from installing this software on your device.

GScx1xm.png

Notes:
    This rom does not come pre-rooted or bundled with any modifications or apps. The device tree is heavily based off of sumire's lineage 18.1 device tree with only the device specific modifications required for Satsuki (Z5 Premium).

Download:
    Android File Host: ROM | 79d9c9ef9ac3a30d92b4fcea3dd7bd17

Prerequisites:
    - Make sure you're coming from firmware 32.4.A.1.54 before flashing this rom.
    - Bootloader needs to be unlocked.
    - Ensure that you have TWRP recovery from here.

Install:
    1) Reboot into TWRP Recovery.
    2) Select Wipe -> Swipe to factory reset -> Advanced Wipe -> Dalvik /ART Cache, System, Cache and Data -> Swipe to Wipe.
    3) Go back to TWRP's main menu -> Select Install -> Locate and choose lineage-18.1-202XXXXX-UNOFFICIAL-satsuki.zip file -> Swipe to confirm flash.

Bugs/Not Working:
    - A few camera related issues (laggy front cam recording and qr code)

If you encounter any other bug that are not mentioned in this list please provide a logcat and the steps necessary to reproduce the bug in detail (if necessary).

Sources:

Kernel
    Device Tree (Satsuki | kitakami-common)

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium

Contributors

Joel16, tarkzim
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Beta Version: 20220120
    Beta Release Date: 2020-12-27

Created 2020-12-13
    Last Updated 2022-01-20
    Change-logs:

20220120:

- December security patches.
    - New camera wrapper ported from chippa's loire device tree. (Camera issues still exist however unfortunately)

20210811:
    - August security patches.
    - Updated sdcardfs (may fix Play store app with .OBB installation issues)

20210614:
    - May security patches.
    - LiveDisplay is now fixed.
    - FM Radio is back.

20210414:
    - April security patches.
    - WiFi mac address and tethering fixes.
    - Switch to AOSP finger print HAL 2.1
    - Fixes "failed to find /misc partition" when trying to reboot to recovery.

- Initial Release

- Updated to lineage 18.1 sources.
    WEEK 1:

All right, now i used this LOS 18.1 as a dayly driver.
    Of course there are issues to fix BUT we are close to stable.

The biggest priority is probably to fix the camera problem. Cause you cant use the original app. You must install another camera app. I used the app "open camera" on play store.

Major issues:
    > Front cam: video recording is super laggy
    > Back cam: zoom makes the live view of camera lagging a lot (for picture or video)
    > Heat: I dont know if it is because of the current hot summer season that the phone heats easier.
    By the way, you will feel more oftenly that the phone is hot in your hands and in your pocket, but compared to stock you can still use all features on the phone without a message "the phone is hot, you cannot use this app".

Minor issues:
    > battery drain: I feel like the device lose battery quite faster than before (with a new battery) while using it.
    But when you dont use it, you experience the opposite, very less battery draining when not used.
    > Little unstabilities when device is hot (notification bar scrolling is sometimes laggy)
    > Sometimes i experience (twice today) that the screen brightness goes down to 50% (so the screen look darker from 100%) but the settings shows that you are at 100% and you cannot play with it to refresh.This setting works only under 50%, higher it becomes useless. To fix it, you need to reboot.
    > Sometimes you can experience the audio recorder not to work. To fix it, you need to reboot.
    > Sometimes you can a toast message "Error I/O.....". To fix it, you need to reboot.

Works well:
    Wifi, 4G, Bluetooth, audio jack, SMS, MMS, GPS, fingerprint sensor, proximity sensor.
    I havent tested all sensors but i believe they work.

With that build:
    For now you should take videos and pictures without zooming with back cam (or it would be laggy)
    By the way Zoom featur is like cropping the big picture since it is not a physical lens zoom.
    IT DOES everything you need in your day so enjoy and dont be scared to install this rom.

My recommandation:
    On front camera: You should stick with only selfies. (video recording is laggy).
    On back cam: Never zoom

Globally i'm happy from this build, i feel the purpose of Lineage OS (Privacy) on my 5 yo device !
    With the latest Version of android (design, live display and dark mode) benefits.

NO GAPPS AND NO ROOT. Just Lineage OS 18.1

I'm happy that we can live without google nowadays !
    New Release 20210930

Change-log:

- September security patches.
    - Read model name from /lta-label instead of its block device

For those having issues with getting this ROM to run on certain devices, please try this build.

Download | 80cf7abfe8b6e04bba5037ffca7e8247
    New Release 20201227

Change-log:

- Updated to lineage 18.1 sources.

Another thing I noticed is that the snap camera isn't as bugged as it was in the previous 18.0 release. This release seems more towards the "stable" side of things for me although I didn't extensively test it (do let me know if you come across any issues). I'll wait for reports of any other issues before marking it as stable. Lineage also hasn't started rolling any official builds for 18.X either, so I would like to wait on that as well.

Download: