[ROM][BETA] OFFICIAL PIE from ASUS

Search This thread

Ajeyvm

May 13, 2013
Bangalore
Download link is working fine. Flashed the rom as soon as it released, using from 22 hours. Didn't find any issues. Installed magisk & other modules. Go ahead & flash it. Battery life is similar to oreo.

joshuaroilox123

Feb 5, 2019
How to fix Choppy sounds? Its really ugly and ruin the game. Music player and youtube don't have the choppy sounds. Only when playing games

neatworld

Oct 23, 2015
What is PBRP?where to find?

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Guys ... Use PBRP Recovery.. It is based on TWRP...
It automatically patches forced encryption, after flashing the firmware file...
But just to make sure flash decrypt.zip too ...
Where to find PBRP bro?

Tyakrish

Jun 13, 2016
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2

amarz1981

Aug 31, 2013
Mohali
Only colors change

It seems many modules of original Android pie are missing in asus's pie like dashboard,app timer, view side by side opened apps.....overall just color change of icons.....no feeling of pie

468gunjan

Apr 10, 2014
I tried installing the beta firmware 5 times, I downloaded the entire file 3 times but it has been giving me some error always, I thought the file must be broken or bad so I checked it and downloaded it again and checked it before flashing but still the problem exists! I followed the process as shown by Asus officials in the drive folder for the file download!! Can someone help me counter this issue??

navtey

Jan 15, 2017
Gorakhpur
I tried installing the beta firmware 5 times, I downloaded the entire file 3 times but it has been giving me some error always, I thought the file must be broken or bad so I checked it and downloaded it again and checked it before flashing but still the problem exists! I followed the process as shown by Asus officials in the drive folder for the file download!! Can someone help me counter this issue??
What problem are you having?

468gunjan

Apr 10, 2014
What problem are you having?
The file is not getting installed it is having some installation error error code3 if I remember it correctly and then when I check the file again it's broken which was intact before trying to install it!! And there is compatibility.zip present in the zip file contents, is it the cause of the problem??

navtey

Jan 15, 2017
Gorakhpur
The file is not getting installed it is having some installation error error code3 if I remember it correctly and then when I check the file again it's broken which was intact before trying to install it!! And there is compatibility.zip present in the zip file contents, is it the cause of the problem??
Are you on stock recovery?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am not responsible if you brick your device.
    UPDATE BETA PIE ROM
    Direct link Download- https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1_r6zxR34q5aN72SPhAjMLkV4GxQcD4ff&export=download
    Flash procedure for pie- https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/A9A029F390A34806BED2A412E194C44D4

For BL unlocked phones
    Recommended PBRP
    PBRP has function to fix the encryption after flashing the ROM. You may choose to flash decrypt.zip for your own satisfaction.
    PBRP worked like a charm for me.
    * Use 7zip/WinRAR- Extract / Open Archive by right clicking the firmware zip and go to > META-INF > com > google > android
    *open updater-script with a note editor
    * Remove all the lines above the code

ui_print("Target: Android/sdm660_64/sdm660_64:X.X.X/XXXX/XX.20XX.XXXX.XXX-20XXXXXX:user/release-keys");

*Save it/rezip the firmware and copy it to sdcard
    *Wipe System, data, cache / format DATA.
    *Flash the ROM

Stock FULL ROM OREO 8.1
    Stock Recovery & TWRP Flash-able

You have to flash full ROM if magisk is installed. Take backup & be very careful if device get encrypted after installing the ROM. (Flash decryption file- https://xdaforums.com/asus-zenfone-max-pro-m1/how-to/mod-decrypt-data-t3787311 )
    * Use 7zip/WinRAR- Extract / Open Archive by right clicking the firmware zip and go to > META-INF > com > google > android
    *open updater-script with a note editor
    * Remove all the lines above the code

ui_print("Target: Android/sdm660_64/sdm660_64:X.X.X/XXXX/XX.20XX.XXXX.XXX-20XXXXXX:user/release-keys");

*Save it/rezip the firmware and copy it to sdcard
    *Wipe System, data, cache / format DATA.
    *Flash the ROM

Official ROM link- https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-Max-Pro-M2/HelpDesk_BIOS/
    One click Download - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...995.844210030.1548823414-323285766.1546595187
    The Buggy ROM scenario has kind of happened with me as well, one last thing, If I were to ask you to choose from Arrow OS and Dot OS which one would you prefer as your daily driver??
    Currently I would go for DOT OS because I think yesterday itself (14th March ) it has been updated with Selinux in enforcing mode That's a heads up to security , Not saying arrow OS is bad but I am kinda also accompanied to flavour of DOT Os hence have to do that :p
    Guys ... Use PBRP Recovery.. It is based on TWRP...
    It automatically patches forced encryption, after flashing the firmware file...
    But just to make sure flash decrypt.zip too ...
    I will have to download it again now, I'll send you once I download! But in your opinion flashing the Pie Beta is better or flashing a custom ROM is preferred??
    I did flash Pie Beta on phone , I was disappointed
    Currently I am using Updated to February security patch Stock ROM only because I get payment problems on other Custom OS. If you truly wanna seek potential of your device it's better to go Custom OS . Pie Beta had battery improvements and notch improvements and nothing else ( other than being pie :p) . But if you still wanna do it good luck :p , I can assist you in case you need help !
    Okay, So either Arrow OS or Pixel Experience is what you say, so I might just end up trying Arrow OS coz a bit customisation is always welcome!! But what do you think of DOT OS or HAVOC OS??

with DOT OS you can have enforcing SELinux ROM so that's Good as it gives a heads up to security , While Havoc OS is good its build still has camera issues so have to wait in case if you are using it as daily driver ? See Each ROM has a particular flavor at base all of them are android, you wont know what you like if you don't try but that doesn't mean installing a buggy ROM on your daily driver coz that would be stupid :p
    PS: I once did that stupidity installing a ROM that caused weird shutdown on my previous devices I MISSED ALARMS FOR MY EXAM.