[ROM][BETA] OFFICIAL PIE from ASUS

Search This thread

navtey

Jan 15, 2017
Gorakhpur
There are lot of bug in Android Oreo like a screen freezing, proximity sensor is not working during the call, when the battery percentage is less than 10% then screen start like a ghost touch. Ugly Status Bar(Roaming overlap Network)....
I am not sure about Roaming overlap network , but all other bugs you mentioned have been fixed!

Apolle

Feb 12, 2018
I am not sure about Roaming overlap network , but all other bugs you mentioned have been fixed!

Check Status Bar!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190316-190829.jpg
    Screenshot_20190316-190829.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 401

kanwaljeetsm

Dec 26, 2015
There are lot of bug in Android Oreo like a screen freezing, proximity sensor is not working during the call, when the battery percentage is less than 10% then screen start like a ghost touch. Ugly Status Bar(Roaming overlap Network)....
Lol! i dint face any of the bugs mentioned!

Last edited:

kickyvivi

Jul 14, 2016
Trivandrum
Obviously I'm talking about PIE not OREO!

Meanwhile Asus is still struggling to develop Stable Pie update. I made a huge mistake switching from Moto to Asus. I really miss Swift and stable update on my previous Moto device. Really disappointed from ASUS.

Lol you mean this moto: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Eight...nally-receiving-the-Oreo-update.411860.0.html

Quote: "Motorola promised Oreo for the Moto G4 Plus when it launched in 2016 and went back on its word a year after. Media outcry over that betrayal forced the company's hands, making them promise Oreo as initially agreed. It's been eighteen months since then, though, and the Moto G4 phones are only just starting to receive the Android Oreo OTA."

Reactions: Adi.s

anas sami

Nov 18, 2013
Roorkee
The file is not getting installed it is having some installation error error code3 if I remember it correctly and then when I check the file again it's broken which was intact before trying to install it!! And there is compatibility.zip present in the zip file contents, is it the cause of the problem??
Having the same issue. Tried 2 times but giving me an error 3. I'm on stock 8.1.0 with Locked Bootloader. Why this is happening? Please help.

Attachments

• IMG-20190319-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20190319-WA0002.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 313

navtey

Jan 15, 2017
Gorakhpur
Having the same issue. Tried 2 times but giving me an error 3. I'm on stock 8.1.0 with Locked Bootloader. Why this is happening? Please help.
Do you still have that file? Please send me md5sum of that file

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Do you still have that file? Please send me md5sum of that file
Is it "
f5860f40f3c90445650899d3a64ae767"

Reactions: anas sami

anilyarki

Aug 20, 2013
Manali
www.techmanali.in
Hi all,

tried to install the PIE beta on my unlocked device. Installation was successful but i was WiFi and flash light were not working. Also there was continuous screen flickering once the device booted to regular home screen. I decided to roll back and installed AEX 9.0 ROM . However now the Wifi and flashlight are not working on this as well. SIM cards are detected and in service, i am how ever not able to make any calls. Phone is not encrypted and i can reboot to PBRP recovery.

Any suggestions as to what went wrong and how do i get it working again.

*************FIXED IT *************
reflashed official OREO from PBRP, now everything is back to normal. I guess we still need to wait for official PIE before upgrading.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2018
After I installed this beta rom, i am unable to enable camera 2 api .. previous method working on oreo is not working in pie .. so can you suggest me the alternative? Solution?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am not responsible if you brick your device.
    UPDATE BETA PIE ROM
    Direct link Download- https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1_r6zxR34q5aN72SPhAjMLkV4GxQcD4ff&export=download
    Flash procedure for pie- https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/A9A029F390A34806BED2A412E194C44D4

For BL unlocked phones
    Recommended PBRP
    PBRP has function to fix the encryption after flashing the ROM. You may choose to flash decrypt.zip for your own satisfaction.
    PBRP worked like a charm for me.
    * Use 7zip/WinRAR- Extract / Open Archive by right clicking the firmware zip and go to > META-INF > com > google > android
    *open updater-script with a note editor
    * Remove all the lines above the code

ui_print("Target: Android/sdm660_64/sdm660_64:X.X.X/XXXX/XX.20XX.XXXX.XXX-20XXXXXX:user/release-keys");

*Save it/rezip the firmware and copy it to sdcard
    *Wipe System, data, cache / format DATA.
    *Flash the ROM

Stock FULL ROM OREO 8.1
    Stock Recovery & TWRP Flash-able

You have to flash full ROM if magisk is installed. Take backup & be very careful if device get encrypted after installing the ROM. (Flash decryption file- https://forum.xda-developers.com/asus-zenfone-max-pro-m1/how-to/mod-decrypt-data-t3787311 )
    * Use 7zip/WinRAR- Extract / Open Archive by right clicking the firmware zip and go to > META-INF > com > google > android
    *open updater-script with a note editor
    * Remove all the lines above the code

ui_print("Target: Android/sdm660_64/sdm660_64:X.X.X/XXXX/XX.20XX.XXXX.XXX-20XXXXXX:user/release-keys");

*Save it/rezip the firmware and copy it to sdcard
    *Wipe System, data, cache / format DATA.
    *Flash the ROM

Official ROM link- https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-Max-Pro-M2/HelpDesk_BIOS/
    One click Download - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...995.844210030.1548823414-323285766.1546595187
    The Buggy ROM scenario has kind of happened with me as well, one last thing, If I were to ask you to choose from Arrow OS and Dot OS which one would you prefer as your daily driver??
    Currently I would go for DOT OS because I think yesterday itself (14th March ) it has been updated with Selinux in enforcing mode That's a heads up to security , Not saying arrow OS is bad but I am kinda also accompanied to flavour of DOT Os hence have to do that :p
    Guys ... Use PBRP Recovery.. It is based on TWRP...
    It automatically patches forced encryption, after flashing the firmware file...
    But just to make sure flash decrypt.zip too ...
    I will have to download it again now, I'll send you once I download! But in your opinion flashing the Pie Beta is better or flashing a custom ROM is preferred??
    I did flash Pie Beta on phone , I was disappointed
    Currently I am using Updated to February security patch Stock ROM only because I get payment problems on other Custom OS. If you truly wanna seek potential of your device it's better to go Custom OS . Pie Beta had battery improvements and notch improvements and nothing else ( other than being pie :p) . But if you still wanna do it good luck :p , I can assist you in case you need help !
    Okay, So either Arrow OS or Pixel Experience is what you say, so I might just end up trying Arrow OS coz a bit customisation is always welcome!! But what do you think of DOT OS or HAVOC OS??

with DOT OS you can have enforcing SELinux ROM so that's Good as it gives a heads up to security , While Havoc OS is good its build still has camera issues so have to wait in case if you are using it as daily driver ? See Each ROM has a particular flavor at base all of them are android, you wont know what you like if you don't try but that doesn't mean installing a buggy ROM on your daily driver coz that would be stupid :p
    PS: I once did that stupidity installing a ROM that caused weird shutdown on my previous devices I MISSED ALARMS FOR MY EXAM.