• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][BETA] PrimeOS: Android for Laptops/PCs - V0.4.5

Search This thread

Fire _Phoenix

Oct 25, 2014
Bilaspur (c.g.)
@[email protected]@GuneetAtwal Really this is the best Android-x86 OS in the whole world! I really feel that it is almost 10x faster than Phoenix OS, as it consumes very less resources (In Phoenix OS, out of 4GB RAM, I got only about 2GB free most of the time whereas in Prime OS, I get almost 3GB free RAM!). No Chinese here and there, no ads, also it's very stable, no app crashes faced till date, and better app compatibility. The hard work of the devs is appreciated. Kudos!
But I have a question wandering in my mind, Does the installer support legacy BIOS with dual boot with windows supported? If yes, what it does actually for legacy? If no, then please tell me the best method to install it with dual booting with windows on NTFS partition. Also, I wonder if I could use Magisk in it. Please reply dear devs!
Yes devs are deserves to be appreciated.
Very very thanks to them. They are working very hard.
I hate those fu.....ing complainers

Reactions: iamiliyax

setu7700

Oct 29, 2018
suddenly stopped

today when i tried to open primeos it showed . then i open windows and check partition it was okay but when i enter that partition i can't find the android folder just vanished but partition is full. i tried all way to unhide but nothing working.

pranaya2005

Feb 14, 2018
Ranchi
pranaya2005.github.io
@TeamPrimeOS @Umang96 @GuneetAtwal Really this is the best Android-x86 OS in the whole world! I really feel that it is almost 10x faster than Phoenix OS, as it consumes very less resources (In Phoenix OS, out of 4GB RAM, I got only about 2GB free most of the time whereas in Prime OS, I get almost 3GB free RAM!). No Chinese here and there, no ads, also it's very stable, no app crashes faced till date, and better app compatibility. The hard work of the devs is appreciated. Kudos!
But I have a question wandering in my mind, Does the installer support legacy BIOS with dual boot with windows supported? If yes, what it does actually for legacy? If no, then please tell me the best method to install it with dual booting with windows on NTFS partition. Also, I wonder if I could use Magisk in it. Please reply dear devs!
Please devs reply to me :p

GuneetAtwal

Oct 6, 2012
Mohali
@TeamPrimeOS @Umang96 @GuneetAtwal Really this is the best Android-x86 OS in the whole world! I really feel that it is almost 10x faster than Phoenix OS, as it consumes very less resources (In Phoenix OS, out of 4GB RAM, I got only about 2GB free most of the time whereas in Prime OS, I get almost 3GB free RAM!). No Chinese here and there, no ads, also it's very stable, no app crashes faced till date, and better app compatibility. The hard work of the devs is appreciated. Kudos!

The installer supports legacy BIOS but it installs the OS in ext4 partition not NTFS. If you want to install the OS in NTFS format then you can follow the manual installation guide which is on the first page first post. Magisk support is not there. We are using SuperSU for root.

Reactions: rambird

pranaya2005

Feb 14, 2018
Ranchi
pranaya2005.github.io
The installer supports legacy BIOS but it installs the OS in ext4 partition not NTFS. If you want to install the OS in NTFS format then you can follow the manual installation guide which is on the first page first post. Magisk support is not there. We are using SuperSU for root.

@GuneetAtwal Hey bro, thanks for replying. I would like to know that will I be able to dual boot with windows in both the cases you stated above? I think booting the ISO and installating PrimeOS from there doesn't dual boot in legacy BIOS as it just boots windows after selecting reboot (I have tried the ISO method twice - once with ext4 and later NTFS) but I didn't get success in dual booting both the systems. So I think there are only two ways left : the installer and neogrub/grub4dos methods. If the installer also doesn't support dual boot in legacy BIOS, can PLEASE provide the PERFECT grub configuration (menu.lst) lines or grub4dos boot file for legacy BIOS? Please!

vukhachiep

Jan 16, 2019
@GuneetAtwal Hey bro, thanks for replying. I would like to know that will I be able to dual boot with windows in both the cases you stated above? I think booting the ISO and installating PrimeOS from there doesn't dual boot in legacy BIOS as it just boots windows after selecting reboot (I have tried the ISO method twice - once with ext4 and later NTFS) but I didn't get success in dual booting both the systems. So I think there are only two ways left : the installer and neogrub/grub4dos methods. If the installer also doesn't support dual boot in legacy BIOS, can PLEASE provide the PERFECT grub configuration (menu.lst) lines or grub4dos boot file for legacy BIOS? Please!
extract PrimeOS_xxx_xxx_Installer.exe
grub2.zip <---boot legacy

sanamdhiman0001

Jul 12, 2017
Ropar
@[email protected]@GuneetAtwal Really this is the best Android-x86 OS in the whole world! I really feel that it is almost 10x faster than Phoenix OS, as it consumes very less resources (In Phoenix OS, out of 4GB RAM, I got only about 2GB free most of the time whereas in Prime OS, I get almost 3GB free RAM!). No Chinese here and there, no ads, also it's very stable, no app crashes faced till date, and better app compatibility. The hard work of the devs is appreciated. Kudos!
Try on ext4 on legacy

svetloslav

Jan 3, 2013
Quito
2 big problems with primeOS.
First primeOS does not include video drivers for the integrated graphics card "Intel Iris Plus 655", and most likely not for the Iris Pro 650/550 series. Strange since in Windows the same drivers work for both Intel UHD/HD 620/630 and the Iris Plus 655. PrimeOS runs beautifully on the Intel Integrated UHD/HD 620/630 series. Both Intel integrated lines are very similar except for the 128mb memory on the die, which Iris Plus 655 includes.
Second, primeOS is unable to pass audio together with video over HDMI with integrated Intel graphics chips. I understand this does not work for Nvidia and ATI discrete graphics because of driver problems, but why on earth one would include video output capabilities through HDMI for Intel Integrated on board graphics chips, yet would leave the audio part out in the cold?

Last edited:
Reactions: dnl550

OshaneElites

Feb 13, 2019

Make a bootable iso and install primeos on ntfs partition DO NOT install grub when prompted during the installation. After that is completed boot back into windows and install the grub2win application. (search for it on the inter it's freeware)
After that run the grub2win application there is an option available to boot android x86 select it and choose your primeos installation folder (the option is there and is self explanatory) then delete the default boot param and enter the following:

root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive buildvariant=userdebug quiet SRC=android/ DATA=
intrid/android/intrid.img

(you can substitute the appearance of android/ with whatever is the name of your PrimeOS installation folder. nameoffolder/

Select apply and OK all where necessary and reboot windows. You will see a grub2win at boot menu select it and boot prime os from there. There are also other customizations within the grub2win application that you will see such as resolution and Nvidia compatibility etc try as you see fit.
Hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: pranaya2005

saravan93

Apr 24, 2019
Updated Version Release date - Regarding

I came here everyday to checkout whether new version released or not. Come on developers give us a update its been a long time since 0.4.5 version.
Common Issues need to be resolved for me is 1.) Mic noise and 2.) Decapro shooting Mode 360 degree camera rotation.
My Laptop is HP AMD A12 9720P

We love to here from you soon :)

shuwa2x

Apr 25, 2017
hello i accidentally formatted the disk F where the prime os is installed And now i dont know how i gonna uninstall it completely, The GNU GRUB which i have to select os is still appears everytime i open my laptop is there anyway to fix it? Thanks

Nikesh Singh

Jul 25, 2016
hello i accidentally formatted the disk F where the prime os is installed And now i dont know how i gonna uninstall it completely, The GNU GRUB which i have to select os is still appears everytime i open my laptop is there anyway to fix it? Thanks
Open cmd as adminstration
Type the following command
1) diskpart
2) sel disk 0
3) sel part 2
3) ass letter = z
4) exit
Now type
1) cd z:
2) cd EFI
3) rd Android /s
And than press Y
4) cd ..
5) cd boot
6) rd grub /s
And press y

And then restart your pc:eek:

Reactions: hungragezone

SH0oNuFF

Apr 25, 2019
Help please.

Hello, I installed Prime on two laptops I have. All went fine I was able to use it run games install apps no problem. But when I reboot I get this..
error: variable 'root' isn't set
error: you need to load kernel first
Can anyone help me fix this? I installed prime on the 30gb ssd that come with the laptops. The laptops were made in 2014 so I’m using the mainline iOS to do the install.
Thanks in advance

svetloslav

Jan 3, 2013
Quito
Hello, I installed Prime on two laptops I have. All went fine I was able to use it run games install apps no problem. But when I reboot I get this..
error: variable 'root' isn't set
error: you need to load kernel first
Can anyone help me fix this? I installed prime on the 30gb ssd that come with the laptops. The laptops were made in 2014 so I’m using the mainline iOS to do the install.
Thanks in advance
There are no laptops with iOS, yet. You probably mean macOS. The error message from above means, that GRUB is unable to find the directory, to which it is being directed to find primeOS, or that startup.nsh is pointing to the wrong place, where GRUB is located. You provide insufficient data as to be able to pin-point your issue. Under windows in such a case you would try to go into EFI shell and make changes to startup.nsh and point it to the correct place. However if you are on macOS, well Apple has massacred the UEFI standard, so you can not fix it so easily. I suggest you try with rEFInd. But you will have to read a lot there and be ready to risk borking your partition and its contents. Darn Apple, avoid it like a plague, and that's coming from an ex apple fanboy for years.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PrimeOS.png

Blog-header.png

Team PrimeOS is pleased to present you
    PrimeOS: Android For Laptop/PCs
    PrimeOS is an Android-x86 based OS which provides desktop experience on any x86 based device providing user top of the line features like multi-window, taskbar and deca-pro key mapper for gamers.​

Warning: PrimeOS is a free to use software in it's beta version and is constantly under development. We are not responsible for any kind of damage, data loss or anything else that happens to you or your device due to PrimeOS. Please feel free to report bugs and other suggestions, we will consider them if they seem important for many users.

Feature Highlights

Desktop Experience
    • Multiple features to give desktop experience like start menu, taskbar etc.
    • Multi-window support with maximize, minimize, close, resize etc.
    • Option to disable multi-window for any app in case you need.
    • General keyboard shortcuts like alt + tab, alt + f4, win + d etc.
    • Close to AOSP experience with only necessary desktop features.
    • Taskbar with ability to pin apps, show notification and system icons.
    Android Gaming
    • Decapro key mapping tool to play games with keyboard and mouse (Press F10).
    • Pre mapped some popular games like PUBG, Freefire, Subway surf etc.
    • PrimeOS Gaming Centre available to browse recommended games.
    Others
    • Opengapps included, no need to install them manually.
    • Feedback app is available for you guys to share your thoughts.
    • OTA support is available in settings -> about device
    • Up-streamed kernel to Linux 4.19.x / 4.14.x.

Installation-2.png

Note: Use PrimeOS installer exe program for installing in windows systems. Download link is below. For non-windows systems ,you can download our iso image and follow the steps below to install PrimeOS.

USB stick / Flash Drive guide:

1. For this method, you need Etcher / Rufus, PrimeOS iso file. We recommend you to use a decent speed USB drive (8GB or larger).
    2. For flashing PrimeOS to the USB drive, plug in your USB drive and launch Etcher / Rufus. Now select PrimeOS iso file, create the bootable USB.
    3. Note: Be careful with the steps below and backup your data if you're not sure about what you are doing.
    4. For installing PrimeOS on your HDD/SSD/SDcard, first create a new partition for PrimeOS ( suggested minimum size is 16GB ).
    5. Turn off secure boot of your device and then boot up the PrimeOS USB by pressing Esc or F12, depending on your bios menu key and selecting the PrimeOS USB to boot from.
    6. Select the ‘Install PrimeOS option from GRUB menu.
    7. The installer will load, and you will have an option to choose which partition you created earlier. Choose it, and select Ext4 for formatting the drive.
    8. When it asks if you want to install Grub, select YES.
    9. When finished, the installer will then ask if you want to run PrimeOS, you can just reboot here, and make sure you remove the USB drive.

Do you already have PrimeOS and want to update manually ? Read post #2851

Known Bugs:
    • Hardware specific bugs like trackpad, sound, wifi may come on few devices
    • Please share bugs or suggestions if you have any, we will try to fix them
    Credits.png

This wouldn't have been possible without Android-x86 project, please thank them before us.
    Kernel source: github

Other information:
    Base android version - Nougat 7.1.2

BKQZ83P.png

Please read this post before deciding if you have to install mainline, standard or classic.

PrimeOS Mainline (For newest systems) -
    PrimeOS iso
    PrimeOS exe

Base kernel - Linux 4.19.x

PrimeOS Standard (For newer systems) -
    PrimeOS iso
    PrimeOS exe

Base kernel - Linux 4.14.x

PrimeOS Classic (For older systems) -
    PrimeOS iso
    PrimeOS exe

Base kernel - Linux 4.14.x

Please do not mirror without permission.
    Changelog, Bug reporting, Feature requests and Screenshots

Feature requests and Bug reports : Please make sure you specify your hardware specification like device model, cpu, ram, gpu etc. when reporting any problems, and for feature suggestions, please explain the reason why you need a particular feature.

PrimeOS changelog : google doc

Screenshots : taken from PrimeOS 0.4.0 BETA attached below.

Thing we are doing for future updates :
    • Reusable keys in decapro keymapping, one key at multiple places (available since 0.4.0)
    • Better gamepad support in decapro keymapping
    • Better use of right click and keyboard shortcuts everywhere (ongoing)
    • Simulation of zoom in and zoom out gesture using ctrl + mouse wheel (available since 0.4.5)
    • Better installer with legacy support(available since 0.3.5)
    • More hardware (wifi, trackpad etc.) support
    • More stability and features
    Important announcement (Updated on Feb 16 2019)

Hello everyone, we will soon release PrimeOS 0.4.3, as you all know, we normally release both 32 bit and 64 bit variants, but starting from PrimeOS 0.4.3, this has changed, we will now have three variants depending on hardware, please read below very carefully and decide which one suits you best.

Note - We are not releasing OTA for 0.4.3 since we want every user to install the correct variant for their hardware.

1. PrimeOS Mainline 64 bit (for newest systems 2014+) -
      Use this variant only if you have a cpu which was manufactured in or after year 2014, For example -> [ Intel Core i series 5th gen or above OR Intel celeron N4000 OR AMD A8 7410 etc. ] Also make sure that your CPU has SSE 4.2 instruction support, just enter your cpu model on google and you can find all this info easily. This variant of PrimeOS will work well for both Intel and AMD GPUs, however, if you use a desktop and have a Nvidia GPU, you should not use this variant as it will cause lockups and will lead to freezes, but if you have a laptop, your Intel gpu will work well instead of Nvidia. In case you get any graphic glitches on this variant, you should switch to PrimeOS Standard.
      This variant of PrimeOS will be using 4.19 kernel and 18.1.0 mesa, once you install this variant of PrimeOS, you will always get OTA of this variant only, in case you want to switch to the other variant (for older systems), you must re-install PrimeOS.​
    2. PrimeOS Standard 64 bit (for newer systems 2011+) -
      Use this variant only if you have a cpu which was manufactured in or after year 2011, For example -> [ Intel Core i series 2nd gen or above OR Intel celeron N3350 OR AMD A8 5550M etc. ] Also make sure that your CPU has SSE 4.2 instruction support, just enter your cpu model on google and you can find all this info easily. This variant of PrimeOS will work well for Older Intel, AMD, Nvidia GPUs.
      This variant of PrimeOS will be using 4.14 kernel and 17.1.10 mesa, once you install this variant of PrimeOS, you will always get OTA of this variant only, in case you want to switch to the other variant (for older systems), you must re-install PrimeOS.​
    3. PrimeOS Classic 32 bit (for older systems) -
      Use this variant if you have a cpu which was manufactured before year 2011, For example ->[ Intel Core i series 1st gen or below OR Intel Pentium dual core OR Intel Pentium G620 OR AMD Phenom II X6 1100T etc. ] Just enter your cpu model on google and you can find this info easily. This variant of PrimeOS will work well for all Old Intel, Old AMD and Old Nvidia GPUs. This version will also work on 32-bit systems, In case you cannot boot this variant of PrimeOS, you should try using PrimeOS standard or mainline.
      This variant of PrimeOS will be using 4.14 kernel and 17.1.10 mesa, once you install this variant of PrimeOS, you will always get OTA of this variant only, in case you want to switch to the other variant (for older systems), you must re-install PrimeOS.​
    Pubg Blackscreen Fix on some devices:

Starting from v0.3.0 everything is automatically done.

Old method for v0.2.2 or older

• Go to Settings > PrimeSettings
    • Go to GPUTools
    • Select PubgMobile from apps list (make sure it is already installed)
    • Select Pubg Blackscreen fix from the option
      Screenshot_20181119-155502.jpg
    • Enjoy playing PubgMobile on PrimeOS

Make any app open fullscreen by default
    • Go to Settings > PrimeSettings
    • Go to MultiWindow
    • Uncheck the app for which you want to disable the multiwindow.
    • Enjoy the app in fullscreen
    Hey guys,

Thank you all for giving us the support and love. Upon a lot of requests we are thinking about releasing an official 32 bit image.
    Also there will be a new experimental build which will be coming with latest cutting edge linux mainline kernels i.e. it will be having the latest up to date device drivers.
    The experimental build will not be inline with the current stable-BETA releases but will follow a different release pattern.

It will be coming with the following differences:

• Latest PrimeOS system patches
    • Latest mainline kernel
    • Any new experimental PrimeOS system features

This will also help us making the OS stable in a faster and efficient manner.
    Stay tuned
    GuneetAtwal