• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][BETA] PrimeOS: Android for Laptops/PCs - V0.5.0

Search This thread

KiranV178

Jun 16, 2021
I have made the USB drive bootable using rufus or other softwares with prime/phoenix/Android os iso's.
The pendrive is showing up in the boot menu.

When selected it give me three option: primeOS live, PrimeOS installation, Advance: debug/install to specific hdd, other options.
Which ever option to install the os is selected, It give a black screen, with symbol "-" at right top corner.
It won't proceed further.
Tried with different USB's, software's, iso's. It still the same.

When I use the prime os Installer, it give me a grub screen. "GNU grub version V2.02 Minimal bash ........ error"
Laptop model: Acer Predator helios 300 Ph315 - 53. UEFI and GPT.

Bios version: Insyde corp v2.02 latest one

Also the boot mode: UEFI is grayed out. ( The F2 interface is different, instead of blue and grey screen)
I have tried with my other laptop it proceeds further after showing - symbol with some boot codes and proceed to the os installation.

Please help me on this.

Gauravtkapoor

Jun 24, 2021
PrimeOS.png

Blog-header.png

Team PrimeOS is pleased to present you

PrimeOS: Android For Laptop/PCs

www.primeos.in

PrimeOS is an Android-x86 based OS which provides desktop experience on any x86 based device providing user top of the line features like multi-window, taskbar and deca-pro key mapper for gamers.

Warning: PrimeOS is a free to use software in it's beta version and is constantly under development. We are not responsible for any kind of damage, data loss or anything else that happens to you or your device due to PrimeOS. Please feel free to report bugs and other suggestions, we will consider them if they seem important for many users.

Feature Highlights

Desktop Experience
  • Multiple features to give desktop experience like start menu, taskbar etc.
  • Multi-window support with maximize, minimize, close, resize etc.
  • Option to disable multi-window for any app in case you need.
  • General keyboard shortcuts like alt + tab, alt + f4, win + d etc.
  • Close to AOSP experience with only necessary desktop features.
  • Taskbar with ability to pin apps, show notification and system icons.
Android Gaming
  • Decapro key mapping tool to play games with keyboard and mouse (Press F10).
  • Pre mapped some popular games like PUBG, Freefire, Subway surf etc.
  • PrimeOS Gaming Centre available to browse recommended games.
Others
  • Opengapps included, no need to install them manually.
  • Feedback app is available for you guys to share your thoughts.
  • OTA support is available in settings -> about device
  • Up-streamed kernel to Linux 4.19.x / 4.14.x.

Installation-2.png

Note: Use PrimeOS installer exe program for installing in windows systems. Download link is below. For non-windows systems ,you can download our iso image and follow the steps below to install PrimeOS.

USB stick / Flash Drive guide:
  1. For this method, you need Etcher / Rufus, PrimeOS iso file. We recommend you to use a decent speed USB drive (8GB or larger).
  2. For flashing PrimeOS to the USB drive, plug in your USB drive and launch Etcher / Rufus. Now select PrimeOS iso file, create the bootable USB.
  3. Note: Be careful with the steps below and backup your data if you're not sure about what you are doing.
  4. For installing PrimeOS on your HDD/SSD/SDcard, first create a new partition for PrimeOS ( suggested minimum size is 16GB ).
  5. Turn off secure boot of your device and then boot up the PrimeOS USB by pressing Esc or F12, depending on your bios menu key and selecting the PrimeOS USB to boot from.
  6. Select the ‘Install PrimeOS option from GRUB menu.
  7. The installer will load, and you will have an option to choose which partition you created earlier. Choose it, and select Ext4 for formatting the drive.
  8. When it asks if you want to install Grub, select YES.
  9. When finished, the installer will then ask if you want to run PrimeOS, you can just reboot here, and make sure you remove the USB drive.
Do you already have PrimeOS and want to update manually ? Read post #2851

Known Bugs:
  • Hardware specific bugs like trackpad, sound, wifi may come on few devices
  • Please share bugs or suggestions if you have any, we will try to fix them
Credits.png

This wouldn't have been possible without Android-x86 project, please thank them before us.
Kernel source: github

Other information:
Base android version - Nougat 7.1.2

BKQZ83P.png

Please read this post before deciding if you have to install mainline, standard or classic.

PrimeOS Mainline (For newest systems) -
Base kernel - Linux 4.19.x

PrimeOS Standard (For newer systems) -
Base kernel - Linux 4.14.x

PrimeOS Classic (For older systems) -

Please do not mirror without permission.
I tried installing the standard version on my dell vostro 1014 through win installation method but it failed.. after tried .iso method but at the the end when i pressed the run prime os button a blue screen appears and thats all.. nothing happens after that it is stuck while cursor blinks since forever..

Attachments

• IMG_20210625_030126.jpg
    IMG_20210625_030126.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 48

jarce2000

Aug 30, 2014
The classic version of PrimeOS 0.4.5 its supposed to be 32 bits, but when I ran it in a 32 bit system in debug mode, it appeared a message saying that the kernel is x64, so, what is the 32 bit version?

jarce2000

Aug 30, 2014
I got stuck running Prime OS 0.4.1 debug mode on my old acer aspire One D150 netbook, reached [39.0377] synaptics touchpad. It seems that it is not compatible with Atom processors

Husam M.Atef

Jul 4, 2021
I have Prime OS CLassic but when I start using it, the CPU fan becomes crazy, I dunno if the OS uses the maximum speed of the fan or it overheats the CPU, plez give me a solution

mb: Gigabyte G41M Combo
Processor: Intel core 2 duo E8400
RAM: 6GB
GPU: Intel G41 Express Chipset
I know too old but plez give me a solution

psyclepath

Jul 11, 2021
i am using prime os mainline on a ES1-111m-C3cp, i am very happy so far, its the best of all i have tried.

however i have run into a small problem, i cant get the onboard sd card reader to work.. any ideas?

yesungg

Jul 16, 2021
i Tried to play FGO,TALES OF CRESTORIA,HONKAI IMPACT 3,PUNISHING GREY and others jrpg but none of them works.it won't open. soo this os is for first person shooter games only? .. sorry newbie here.

avishekbin

Jul 20, 2021
Did you able to solve it.I have similar issue but mine is stuck on Andorid_x86_x64. Only able to successfully boot with "nomodeset" which is also a problem.??

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Did you able to solve it.I have similar issue but mine is stuck on Andorid_x86_x64. Only able to successfully boot with "nomodeset" which is also a problem.??
i am also facing the same problem... first installed phoenix os and then prime os the both were having same stretched glitchy screen... i have dell vostro 3480, intel core i3 8145u 4gb ram please help if you get the fix

Arcaz

Jul 24, 2021
Hello! I have a problem with Prime OS regarding its time. It keeps changing randomly to a future date and time while doing basic tasks like browsing and using apps. I have done the following troubleshooting to isolate the issue.
1. Checked and changed BIOS date and time.
2. Replaced my CMOS battery and make sure it has 3v as recommended by ou local technician.
3. On Prime OS I change the setting to sync with network-provided date and time.
4. When time changed in Prime OS I checked the BIOS and everything looks good.

Has anyone encountered this kind of problem?

sharma_in

Dec 9, 2019
Hello! I have a problem with Prime OS regarding its time. It keeps changing randomly to a future date and time while doing basic tasks like browsing and using apps. I have done the following troubleshooting to isolate the issue.
1. Checked and changed BIOS date and time.
2. Replaced my CMOS battery and make sure it has 3v as recommended by ou local technician.
3. On Prime OS I change the setting to sync with network-provided date and time.
4. When time changed in Prime OS I checked the BIOS and everything looks good.

Has anyone encountered this kind of problem?
This is because the time settings in Prime OS is not UTC. Just follow the following steps
1) Let the time auto update when you connect with network and uncheck option for sync with network-provided date and time.
2) Open /etc/init.sh with superuser privilege and at the end of it add,
hwclock -us
3) Save and reboot. This technique works in remix os, phoenix os as well.

Reactions: Arcaz

Arcaz

Jul 24, 2021
This is because the time settings in Prime OS is not UTC. Just follow the following steps
1) Let the time auto update when you connect with network and uncheck option for sync with network-provided date and time.
2) Open /etc/init.sh with superuser privilege and at the end of it add,
hwclock -us
3) Save and reboot. This technique works in remix os, phoenix os as well.
Thank you for your suggestion. I'll try this and get back to you.

HackShift

Aug 5, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S9
Hello, this sounds like a great OS!

My system is HP Envy x360 with AMD ryzen 5 3500U and Radeon iGPU (vega)

When i use the .exe installer (20GB space), it ends up with INTERNAL DISK ERROR.

When i try USB boot, it goes to GRUB, i press install. Then it just reboots back to windows!

Pls help, i really want to install this OS.

sizzielizzie

Aug 10, 2021
Hi, I'm having an error trying to use the Created / Partition modifier.
When entering, I get the error:

Code:
FATAL ERROR: bad primary partition 0 partition ends in the final partial cylinder

I have tried using the .exe, but I also have a problem.
JcC5k23.png

I need help, I don't know what to do anymore.
Board: N68C-S UCC.
BIOS: Legacy
maybe secure boot hasnt been turned off
just boot into bios setting and disable it

sizzielizzie

Aug 10, 2021

When i use the .exe installer (20GB space), it ends up with INTERNAL DISK ERROR.

When i try USB boot, it goes to GRUB, i press install. Then it just reboots back to windows!

check disk management for shrinkable volume, maybe u create a partition with too much storage
btw my HP pavilion cant install primeos or android x86 or chromeos too lol =))

sizzielizzie

Aug 10, 2021

sizzielizzie

Aug 10, 2021

seems like all new 2021 HP devices have some barriers preventing us from installing other os

Top Liked Posts

PrimeOS - 0.5.0 Released!

It's been a while since we updated the project and we know you've been waiting for it. So, the new update is here with the following changes. This update focuses on some ease of use, upstreams and bug fixes.

Important, you must read this post for instructions before installing the PrimeOS.
    • Rebased over android x86 7.1 r5 codebase
    • Newer Graphics Stack Mesa 18.3.6 in all 3 build types
    • Re-based 4.19 kernel on top of latest Android-x86 kernel (mainline)
    • Adjust supported abi(s) so that play store downloads the compatible version of apps
    • Use 4.9.194 kernel in classic variant
    • Added more PrimeOS wallpapers and made registration shorter

Note: Download links are in the first post itself.

Consider donating to us to keep this awesome project up and running.

ko-fi-button.png

Get Support

telegram-logo-944.png

PrimeOS - 0.5.0 Released!

It's been a while since we updated the project and we know you've been waiting for it. So, the new update is here with the following changes. This update focuses on some ease of use, upstreams and bug fixes.

Important, you must read this post for instructions before installing the PrimeOS.
    • Rebased over android x86 7.1 r5 codebase
    • Newer Graphics Stack Mesa 18.3.6 in all 3 build types
    • Re-based 4.19 kernel on top of latest Android-x86 kernel (mainline)
    • Adjust supported abi(s) so that play store downloads the compatible version of apps
    • Use 4.9.194 kernel in classic variant
    • Added more PrimeOS wallpapers and made registration shorter

Note: Download links are in the first post itself.

ko-fi-button.png

Get Support

telegram-logo-944.png
    PrimeOS.png

Blog-header.png

Team PrimeOS is pleased to present you

PrimeOS: Android For Laptop/PCs

www.primeos.in

PrimeOS is an Android-x86 based OS that provides a desktop experience on any x86 based device providing user top-of-the-line features like multi-window, taskbar, and deca-pro key mapper for gamers.

Warning: PrimeOS is a free-to-use software in its beta version and is constantly under development. We are not responsible for any kind of damage, data loss, or anything else that happens to you or your device due to PrimeOS. Please feel free to report bugs and other suggestions, we will consider them if they seem important for many users.

Feature Highlights

Desktop Experience
    • Multiple features to give a desktop experience like start menu, taskbar, etc.
    • Multi-window support with maximize, minimize, close, resize, etc.
    • Option to disable multi-window for any app in case you need.
    • General keyboard shortcuts like alt + tab, alt + f4, win + d etc.
    • Close to AOSP experience with only necessary desktop features.
    • Taskbar with the ability to pin apps, show notifications, and system icons.
    Android Gaming
    • Decapro key mapping tool to play games with keyboard and mouse (Press F10).
    • Pre mapped some popular games like PUBG, Freefire, Subway surf, etc.
    • PrimeOS Gaming Centre is available to browse recommended games.
    Others
    • Opengapps included, no need to install them manually.
    • Feedback app is available for you guys to share your thoughts.
    • OTA support is available in settings -> about the device
    • Up-streamed kernel to Linux 4.19.x / 4.14.x./ 4.9.x

Installation-2.png

Note: Use PrimeOS installer exe program for installing in windows systems. The download link is below. For non-windows systems, you can download our iso image and follow the steps below to install PrimeOS.

USB stick / Flash Drive guide:
    1. For this method, you need the Etcher / Rufus, PrimeOS iso file. We recommend you use a decent-speed USB drive (8GB or larger).
    2. For flashing PrimeOS to the USB drive, plug in your USB drive and launch Etcher / Rufus. Now select the PrimeOS iso file, create the bootable USB.
    3. Note: Be careful with the steps below and backup your data if you're not sure about what you are doing.
    4. For installing PrimeOS on your HDD/SSD/SDcard, first, create a new partition for PrimeOS ( suggested minimum size is 16GB ).
    5. Turn off the secure boot of your device and then boot up the PrimeOS USB by pressing Esc or F12, depending on your bios menu key, and selecting the PrimeOS USB to boot from.
    6. Select the ‘Install PrimeOS option from the GRUB menu.
    7. The installer will load, and you will have an option to choose which partition you created earlier. Choose it, and select Ext4 for formatting the drive.
    8. When it asks if you want to install Grub, select YES.
    9. When finished, the installer will then ask if you want to run PrimeOS, you can just reboot here, and make sure you remove the USB drive.

Do you already have PrimeOS and want to update manually? Read post #2851

Known Bugs:
    • Hardware specific bugs like the trackpad, sound, wifi may come on few devices
    • Please share bugs or suggestions if you have any, we will try to fix them
    Credits.png

This wouldn't have been possible without the Android-x86 project, please thank them before us.
    Kernel source: GitHub

Other information:
    Base android version - Nougat 7.1.2

BKQZ83P.png

Please read this post before deciding if you have to install mainline, standard or classic.

PrimeOS Mainline (For newest systems) -
    Base kernel - Linux 4.19.x

PrimeOS Standard (For newer systems) -

PrimeOS Classic (For older systems) -

Please do not mirror without permission.

ko-fi-button.png

Get Support

telegram-logo-944.png
    Changelog, Bug reporting, Feature requests and Screenshots

Feature requests and Bug reports : Please make sure you specify your hardware specification like device model, cpu, ram, gpu etc. when reporting any problems, and for feature suggestions, please explain the reason why you need a particular feature.

PrimeOS changelog : google doc

Screenshots : taken from PrimeOS 0.4.0 BETA attached below.

Thing we are doing for future updates :
    • Reusable keys in decapro keymapping, one key at multiple places (available since 0.4.0)
    • Better gamepad support in decapro keymapping
    • Better use of right click and keyboard shortcuts everywhere (ongoing)
    • Simulation of zoom in and zoom out gesture using ctrl + mouse wheel (available since 0.4.5)
    • Better installer with legacy support(available since 0.3.5)
    • More hardware (wifi, trackpad etc.) support
    • More stability and features
    Important announcement (Updated on Feb 16 2019)

Hello everyone, we will soon release PrimeOS 0.4.3, as you all know, we normally release both 32 bit and 64 bit variants, but starting from PrimeOS 0.4.3, this has changed, we will now have three variants depending on hardware, please read below very carefully and decide which one suits you best.

Note - We are not releasing OTA for 0.4.3 since we want every user to install the correct variant for their hardware.

1. PrimeOS Mainline 64 bit (for newest systems 2014+) -
      Use this variant only if you have a cpu which was manufactured in or after year 2014, For example -> [ Intel Core i series 5th gen or above OR Intel celeron N4000 OR AMD A8 7410 etc. ] Also make sure that your CPU has SSE 4.2 instruction support, just enter your cpu model on google and you can find all this info easily. This variant of PrimeOS will work well for both Intel and AMD GPUs, however, if you use a desktop and have a Nvidia GPU, you should not use this variant as it will cause lockups and will lead to freezes, but if you have a laptop, your Intel gpu will work well instead of Nvidia. In case you get any graphic glitches on this variant, you should switch to PrimeOS Standard.
      This variant of PrimeOS will be using 4.19 kernel and 18.1.0 mesa, once you install this variant of PrimeOS, you will always get OTA of this variant only, in case you want to switch to the other variant (for older systems), you must re-install PrimeOS.​
    2. PrimeOS Standard 64 bit (for newer systems 2011+) -
      Use this variant only if you have a cpu which was manufactured in or after year 2011, For example -> [ Intel Core i series 2nd gen or above OR Intel celeron N3350 OR AMD A8 5550M etc. ] Also make sure that your CPU has SSE 4.2 instruction support, just enter your cpu model on google and you can find all this info easily. This variant of PrimeOS will work well for Older Intel, AMD, Nvidia GPUs.
      This variant of PrimeOS will be using 4.14 kernel and 17.1.10 mesa, once you install this variant of PrimeOS, you will always get OTA of this variant only, in case you want to switch to the other variant (for older systems), you must re-install PrimeOS.​
    3. PrimeOS Classic 32 bit (for older systems) -
      Use this variant if you have a cpu which was manufactured before year 2011, For example ->[ Intel Core i series 1st gen or below OR Intel Pentium dual core OR Intel Pentium G620 OR AMD Phenom II X6 1100T etc. ] Just enter your cpu model on google and you can find this info easily. This variant of PrimeOS will work well for all Old Intel, Old AMD and Old Nvidia GPUs. This version will also work on 32-bit systems, In case you cannot boot this variant of PrimeOS, you should try using PrimeOS standard or mainline.
      This variant of PrimeOS will be using 4.14 kernel and 17.1.10 mesa, once you install this variant of PrimeOS, you will always get OTA of this variant only, in case you want to switch to the other variant (for older systems), you must re-install PrimeOS.​
    Pubg Blackscreen Fix on some devices:

Starting from v0.3.0 everything is automatically done.

Old method for v0.2.2 or older

• Go to Settings > PrimeSettings
    • Go to GPUTools
    • Select PubgMobile from apps list (make sure it is already installed)
    • Select Pubg Blackscreen fix from the option
      Screenshot_20181119-155502.jpg
    • Enjoy playing PubgMobile on PrimeOS

Make any app open fullscreen by default
    • Go to Settings > PrimeSettings
    • Go to MultiWindow
    • Uncheck the app for which you want to disable the multiwindow.
    • Enjoy the app in fullscreen
    Hey guys,

Thank you all for giving us the support and love. Upon a lot of requests we are thinking about releasing an official 32 bit image.
    Also there will be a new experimental build which will be coming with latest cutting edge linux mainline kernels i.e. it will be having the latest up to date device drivers.
    The experimental build will not be inline with the current stable-BETA releases but will follow a different release pattern.

It will be coming with the following differences:

• Latest PrimeOS system patches
    • Latest mainline kernel
    • Any new experimental PrimeOS system features

This will also help us making the OS stable in a faster and efficient manner.
    Stay tuned
    GuneetAtwal