• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][BETA/Unofficial] Resurrection Remix 8.6.5 [Avicii / OnePlus NORD]

Search This thread

DroidFreak32

Jul 24, 2013
Mangalore
Sony Xperia SP
Google Nexus 5
Is the ROM zip flashable via TWRP or I'll have to sideload it with a different recovery?
Installation process??
Help me how can I install this rom can I flash this directly with TWRP/orangefox?
Or with pixel experience recovery through ADB sideload method?
I haven't tested OrageFox but I am able to flash via TWRP.
ADB Sideload method works too, just don't use the recovery bundled with the ROM. It will give you an error regarding signature verification. You can boot PE 10 recovery or crdroid 10 recovery instead.

Fastboot method posted in the OP works too.

Broo is the fp working on 8.6.9 latest build? What other bugs are there? Did u build another update for RR?
It does work but it is flaky.

Some apps don't show the pressed state glow but if you use a solid cyan icon & increase the brightness it works fine.
I am not sure exactly what's going wrong but it definitely seems to be some incompatibility with fod.increen 1.1 that RR uses.

LineageOS does not have any issues. In fact, fod 1.1 changes were reverted in LinageOS and are no longer present on the device trees.

New build with updated security patches is uploaded here: https://github.com/DroidFreak32/OTA...q/RROS-Q-8.6.9-20210902-avicii-Unofficial.zip

sidd09

Jan 25, 2016
I haven't tested OrageFox but I am able to flash via TWRP.
ADB Sideload method works too, just don't use the recovery bundled with the ROM. It will give you an error regarding signature verification. You can boot PE 10 recovery or crdroid 10 recovery instead.

Fastboot method posted in the OP works too.

It does work but it is flaky.

Some apps don't show the pressed state glow but if you use a solid cyan icon & increase the brightness it works fine.
I am not sure exactly what's going wrong but it definitely seems to be some incompatibility with fod.increen 1.1 that RR uses.

LineageOS does not have any issues. In fact, fod 1.1 changes were reverted in LinageOS and are no longer present on the device trees.

New build with updated security patches is uploaded here: https://github.com/DroidFreak32/OTA...q/RROS-Q-8.6.9-20210902-avicii-Unofficial.zip
Bro you have any changelog for latest build? Does the update fix the fp? (Full brightness mode registeration and banking apps) coz rest of the bld was solid. THANKS IN ADVANCE BRO AND THANKS FOR RR!

DroidFreak32

Jul 24, 2013
Mangalore
Sony Xperia SP
Google Nexus 5
Bro you have any changelog for latest build? Does the update fix the fp? (Full brightness mode registeration and banking apps) coz rest of the bld was solid. THANKS IN ADVANCE BRO AND THANKS FOR RR!
Unfortunately no.
Fp still works but just needs screen brightness to be high and use the icon attached In screenshot.

As for the change logs - just security patches. Rr no longer updates the Rom other than security patches.

Also please don't expect frequent updates from me. I update the Rom when I get a leave from work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210904-145451244.jpg
    Screenshot_20210904-145451244.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20210904-145522217.jpg
    Screenshot_20210904-145522217.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 34

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    * Your warranty is now.. not void?
    * I am not responsible if your phone turns out into a high-tampered mutant or a brick to play lego with.
    * Do some research if you don't have any experience in flashing ROMs as you will be needing it,apparently.
    * You are choosing to flash my build yourself, I have not compelled you to flash it.
    * If you ever say I am responsible for anything happening to your phone, I will just sit back and rejoice the new season of Attack on Titans.

I've been building and running RR on my Nord for quite some time now and so far I've not had any major issues, even went on vacation running RR with no hiccups, so thought I'd share it here too.

This is unofficial and will stay unofficial. I have no plans of being an official maintainer. If we do get an official maintainer I will be locking this thread. Until then I hope y'all enjoy the plethora of features RR has to offer.

What's working:
    -Boots
    -RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    -VoLIT
    -Wi-Fi
    -Bluetooth
    -Camera
    -Camcorder
    -Video Playback
    -Audio
    -Sensors
    -Flash
    -GPS
    -Alert Slider

Partially working
    - Fingerprint-on-display:
    Unlocking the phone works, very few apps requiring fingerprint authentication work too (Bitwarden)
    On most apps (GPay, PhonePe, PayTM, Authy) we see the fingerprint prompt but the high brightness "pressed" state animation does not appear. You'll need to use your pattern here OR setup face unlock if you think Google does not collect your face data for their own DLNNs.
    I recommend you use the "Cyan (Shadow)" Pressed state icon in RR settings.
    I also suggest to use the solid cyan fp icon & full brightness in RR settings so you don't have to rely on the pressed state animation.

Not Working / Untested:
    -VoWiFi (Cannot test)

Pre-requisites:
    -Latest OOS installed

Installation Instructions

I hope you know what you are doing before flashing this ROM. I didn't and I screwed up multiple times trying to figure out how to flash and ended up using the unbricking guide 96911 times only to find out how dumb I was (am?).

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!
    Bash:
    # Reboot to bootloader and run the following
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img

# Reboot to fastbootd
    fastboot reboot fastboot

fastboot erase scratch # Just a failsafe, any errors can be ignored
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash product product.img
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    fastboot -w # Wipes userdata
    fastboot reboot
    To update, just skip the fastboot -w step. YMMV

Use crDroid/LineageOS recovery and flash the ROM zip.

The ROM comes with GApps included.

Download Link: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145684745

Credits: @CryllicBuster273 @firebird11 for the bring-up and device trees of avicii

XDA:DevDB Information
    OnePlus Nord: Resurrection Remix Unofficial for the OnePlus Nord

ROM OS Version:
    Android 10
    Kernel: Source
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta
    Awesome to see new ROMs coming, I see that you said you don't plan to be an official maintainer, I'm just wondering why? Is that too much work or something else?
    It's mainly because I have very limited free time to compile a new build and provide updates. Plus compiling Android now takes a significantly lot more time and compute resources than during Nougat days which can get frustrating. I prefer not to ruin the experience of an Official RR thread.
    I have an update released here:

You need to clean flash this upgrade. There are a lot of changes in the LineageOS Device tree for this phone since the last one I released here.
    You can use TWRP to wipe data without wiping internal storage.

There are still a few known bugs.
    1) FIngerprint requires the phone to be in full brightness for it to register. Unable to get HBM working. No workarounds found yet
    2) In some apps the fingerprint "pressed-state" glow does not appear. As a workaround, go to RR Settings > Interface > Fingerprint Settings and use the FOD icon that looks like a Cyan-colored circle.
    3) NFC is broken on source built kernel. Whereas prebuilt OOS kernel breaks dt2w gestures. NFC is less important to me so I haven't used a prebuilt OOS kernel.
    Is this rom stable enough for daily use?

Does face unlock work on this rom?
    I would still take a complete backup before running any ROM and testing for a couple of days
    And yes face unlock works

Managed to Flash the Zip directly through Pixel Experience Recovery. Also no problems with Evira Kernel which is a bonus. Just need some updates for the ROM and I'd be completely set.
    Please clean flash the update and let me know if any major bugs exist.

hi been a big fan of RR roms , was hoping to try out this one too , just thought if it also came in a "with out Gapps" version Thanks
    I have uploaded 1 here but I have not tested it yet. Unfortunately, I haven't got the time to test due to work stuff which requires me to have Gapps.